[OP 4] A day to remember

Heavy snow fall was starting with large flakes falling from the sky. A lone silhouette stood in the distance by the bridge that connected the actual town and out to the Star Glades. White hair blew back and forth while his crimson orbs stared vacantly across the sweeping snow dunes. When was the last time he had done this? When was the last time he was actually out in the world? It seemed a bit hazy as to how long he had been gone doing other things. Breath was seen crystallizing into ice in a slow and steady pace. A light smile would slowly display on his face as small bits of memories would flood every inch of his mind. From Miki to Klein and from Katerina and Natalia. This place was comfort to him.

All good things never last though, he thought. The more and more those memories continued to flood him, the more and more he wondered where the all had gone. Too many faces vanishing into thin air with nothing to come of it. No explanation or a message from them. He was beginning to think that he was an unlucky fool that cursed people or something to that sort. He lowered his body into a squatting position. Although it seemed to look cold out, he was dressed in his normal attire now which was a jacket that seemed a bit on the heavy side, a nice dress up shirt, his tie, and shoes. He looked like he was going to go out on a business trip really despite most of the gear was metallic or leather. He had this cloth custom made for him as it was just a simple pleasure to remind himself that this wasn't home. 

"I hope everyone's okay." He would sigh a bit as he rolled a snow ball and threw it into the frozen river. It hit the icy surface and seemed to explode in a powdery dust. He had to remind himself that he was 18 years of age and that even though this was a life or death situation, he had to grasp onto his humanity still. He simply thought about the people in his life still and wondered had he caused any grief. He simply looked down at his menu and flipped through his numerous contacts. He landed upon Lessa and tapped the composing button. It was a simple greeting yet effective enough to know that he was still alive." Hey. How are ya? I'm on floor 4.. if your wondering." He would hit the send button and await quietly for the blonde woman's response. It'd be interesting to see her reaction, whether she would strike him or jump him into a bear hug. It all depended on how motherly she felt or how friendly she felt. 

The thudding of her boots and her own heavy breathing were the only sounds that Lessa could hear. She had never been much of a runner, despite being a physically fit individual. Her gauntlets, breastplate, and the heavy claymore on her back made it even more difficult, as they bogged her down and made each step more difficult. She had left them equipped in case she encountered trouble, but so far, she had not. The woman just kept running.

As she ran, she reread the message in her mind. He was writing to her. He was safe. Receiving that message had brought everything to a stand-still. Lessa had tried to come up with the words to respond, but she simply could not. So she had asked him where he was exactly, dropped everything, and took off. Now, as she hurried across the tundra, she tried to imagine what their reunion would be like. It had been weeks since she had seen him, or heard from him. At first, she had thought maybe he just needed to be alone. Clearly, the more experienced player had been through a lot, and she had assumed he just needed to go chase ghosts for a while. But after too much time had passed, she had grown worried. At least now she knew he was alive, but she wanted to see for herself.

She snaked her way through the long tunnel, and finally emerged into the Star Glades. She spotted him almost immediately, standing beside a frozen river. Without slowing, Lessa closed the gap between them. She slowed to a halt in front of him, but did not say a word. Her body shook with each deep breath, and her face was flushed from her run. Blue eyes met his crimson ones. Then, she grabbed his shoulder, and pulled him close to her. Her arms wrapped around his neck. "Where have you been?" She growled into his ear, but she did not loosen her hold on him.

"censored this. censored that. censored everything."

Tristan was rather irritated. The strings on the guitar broke and there were no replacements on sale. Instead he had to go find some White Bulls, vicious cattle that thrived in snow. They were known to have impaled unknowing players when they weren't paying attention.

Tristan saw two figures close together in the horizon. He stood still and looked closer, putting his hand over his eyes as shade to help see better.

It what appeared to be Lessa, her blond hair and her claymore quite visible, and some other chap. He had no idea who he was, but it looked as though they were sharing a heartfelt moment. He wondered what kind of connection they had, which could be of a friend or a romantic one.

It had Tristan thinking, now paying more attention to the horizon.

His previous girlfriend left him in real life after having been with her a good while. His sour relationship with her parents had effectively doomed it from the start and it was amazing they were together as long as they were.

Nonetheless, he was alone. He wasn't even sure if he wanted to find love in SAO though, a virtual world. Would the love found here extend to the real world?

He sighed to himself loudly, though way out of earshot from the couple. Love is confusing and irrational. He wondered if and when he will find it again. He was really jealous of his gay friends.

"Ahh, the burden of being a straight white male..."

(TimH reference there)

Time seemed to go by painstakingly as he didn't receive a message back from her. His gaze opted to go toward the greyed out skies where the snow flakes seemed to dance more and more like a theater to him. He took a deep breath allowing the cold air to fill his lungs. Why was it that he enjoyed this frozen tundra so much? His thoughts drifted back to his childhood momentarily and he took a step forward. But a hand clasped his shoulder and he immediately went for his dagger that wasn't there. He was grasping at nothing since he had forgotten that this place held no monsters. Judging by the hand, it didn't seem hostile but the twist and hold around his neck felt more like a warm memory. Her blonde tresses filled his field of vision and her voice echoed in his ear.

A moment went by and all he did was wrap his arms around her slender body embracing the woman. He felt the cold steel of armor press against the thin fabric of his own yet warmth filled his mind and heart. He realized shortly he hadn't answered her question and his lips curled into a smile." Well hello, Lessa." His voice soft and gentle. " I didn't even sense you." She had gotten stronger without him. There was no question about that. He didn't expect her to stay stagnant like a water lily alone. No, she was a wild rose blooming in a field of roses more brilliantly than the others." I've missed you too." He followed up with his other statement.

He didn't let go of her embrace but merely loosened it to stare at her lovely visage. His darkened crimson orbs lightened at the sight of her and she could clearly see that the condition was perminant. They had gone through some times together and this would be a mark for him to continue to join her." I just left.. I didn't go anywhere specific.. I walked around for weeks aimlessly." He answered her actual question. By this time, he had noticed the figure in the distance and kept a watchful attitude but didn't want to squander his reunion with his battle companion." How have you been?" He asked in a soft tone.

Blue eyes revealed the concern that she felt for him. Listening to him discuss his wanderings so casually made her a bit nauseous. Toward the end of their meetings, she had sensed that something was off with him. He had seemed distant. She had recognized that it was not personal, and that it should not be taken as such. But she knew he was a haunted man. And men with such a condition occasionally took drastic measures. She had heard far too many stories of players throwing themselves to their deaths. Instinctively, she gave his body a small squeeze.

Then, she released him, and drew back. Her features hardened slightly, but her words were still gentle. She was not mad at him. But she had been worried, and she truly hoped that he would not disappear like that again. "You should have told me where you were going," she commented, gaze moving to the heavens. She watched the sky, pausing just long enough to admire the bit of beauty trapped within the cruel world. "I would have gone with you. Protected you."

Her chest rose and fell as she heaved a sigh. "I've been well. I'm training, and..." her voice trailed, before she gave a small, humorless laugh. "... well, that's about all I've been doing. Training. I haven't given up on my dream of being a front-liner." Memories of previous battles flooded back to her, and she winced. "I want it more than ever now. I'm actually putting together my own guild."

The look she gave him nearly broke his heart and it was followed by a heavy sigh. The words she spoke made him feel awful but caused his pale face to redden at the meanings. The statement of her going with him and protecting him. He was just a slight bit younger than her and it was still an impressionable age really. But the reality of it happening was about .01 percent. But the comment made him feel a little bit for her." I didn't think you would go along with me." He admitted to her." That would of made me selfish, Lessa."

The thoughts of her joining him made him feel comfortable around her. Maybe that's why she was a dear friend of his. Then the words echoed about a guild and he smiled to her." You sound like your ready for the challenge, Lessa. I will support you in whatever you may do." He noticed that she seemed weary of her training. An overwhelming feeling of sorrow engulfed him.

After a brief interlude of silence, he looked down as he spoke softly." Sorry for letting you by yourself. I broke my promise to you." He would kick some powder snow a bit. A burning feeling of emotions of regret and guilt filled him. Although they weren't lovers, it sure as hell felt like it.

She donned a quizzical expression. "Seriously?" She countered. "You did not think that I would go along with you?" She was not sure if she should laugh aloud or feel insulted by his comment. Instead, she gave him a small smile, and a pat on the shoulder. "I would have gone anywhere with you, you dummy." Her smile grew, and it was clear that she meant no harm by her words. "Don't assume I'll turn you down from now on, alright? If you need something, I'll  be here, just like you were there for me when I was new. That's what friends do, Kiluia."

"So don't apologize, alright? Its alright. I'm just glad that you're safe." Then, in response to his comment about her guild, she said, "it would mean a lot to me if you joined on, you know. Please don't feel pressured to. But there is a spot for you, if you want it."

As she looked toward the white-haired young man, she caught sight of another figure in her peripheral vision. She turned her body to face him, and squinted slightly as she tried to figure out who it was. Then, her eyes widened. "Tristan!" She called out, giving the man a wave.

Tristan snapped out of whatever thought he had about the mysteries of love and everything surrounding it. He knew he was warming up to Lessa, but whether it would lead to that, well...right now there didn't seem a need to pursue that path right now. If the signals were clearer, if dimwit him somehow notices them, then he might. But for now, the guild and their friendship was enough.

Tristan put on a small smile as he trudged over to Lessa and the other lad. He gave a slight bow with his head in courtesy.

"Good day to you both. I was aimlessly looking for White Bulls to hunt so I could use string material to fix my guitar. Bit chilly for it though I tell you."

He breathed into his hands to warm them some, then was upright again to face them.

"How are you both anyhow?" He faced the young man and held out a hand for a handshake, "I'm Tristan. Tristan Delaney. I suppose at this point a good friend of Lessa's, even if we haven't known each other that long."

With common British courtesy out the way, he waited for their reply. He was quite mellow still from his thoughts earlier.

He gave a light nod with a bright smile on his face as she mentioned about how she would be there for him." I'm thankful for that, Lessa. I will return the same favor to you buy supporting you and the guild that you propose. " He would place his hand on hers as she patted his shoulder. A light squeeze was given to it. He let go soon after her voice rang out to the stranger in the distance. It seemed Lessa was becoming more and more popular by the second. He was worried about her while he was gone but it seemed she was taken care of. 

The young man introduced himself to the two and he simply gave him a nod. His thick accent was recognized and he perked a brow at him wondering if he was staying in Japan and got the game release or was it simply shipped out to him over in the England area. He mused for a bit but let it go as he wasn't going to pry just yet about how he obtained such a rare copy. Hand went over and shook his and he spoke." Kiluia Seiko." He would offer a light smile before withdrawing it." I'm her battle companion." He would refer to their promise awhile back. He meant to continue to be guarding her back again as he would speak."I've trained her for the most part.. but seems like shes doing well fending off on her own." He had no reason to worry so much. Even around other men, she showed great judgement.

He glanced over to Lessa and grinned."Apparently, I'm apart of her new squadron of rag tag guild members." It seemed he had formally accepted her invitation with that last sentence." Not sure what she has in store for me though.." He would shoot a sarcastic worried glance and fear towards her. " Perhaps chains, whips, and a blind fold are in order." He would joke before backing up a slight bit in case she would punch him.

Tristan smiled at how he was the man, or kid rather, seeing how he looked compared to yours truly at 22, and nodded.

"And now she is fending for others. I suppose you could consider your teachings well carried on."

His hand withdrew as the guy did. He received his copy through his deputy manager role at Game in the UK, as most managers do at stores. After all, it was how publishers paid them to advertise.

Tristan chuckled at what was added about the guild. "Well seeing as I'm part of the same guild, I suppose I should dig out my blindfold when I get home. I wouldn't mind having her go at me with a whip if I were honest." He teased Lessa alongside Kiluia, getting ready to also catch a punch or kick from Lessa.

Growing up with older brothers, and spending all of her time with their friends, Lessa was used to crude humor. In fact, she was the queen of sexual innuendos and dirty jokes. However, it had been a long time since she had been exposed to such things. Hearing the two men talk like brought warmth to her cheeks.

"Knock it off, both of you," she cried out, giving each a thump on the chest with her fists. But her blue eyes danced with laughter. "You know I wouldn't resort to blind folds, anyhow. I want you to be able to see everything." She gave a wink of her own, and then held up a single hand as if to close the matter.

"Anyway, speaking of the guild," she looked from one face to the other, "I'm really grateful for both of you for agreeing to join. This project is probably going to be a much larger responsibility than I had originally anticipated, but I truly think it is necessary right now. I wanted to join a strong, focused front-line guild, but I simply could not find one. I'm not sure they exist anymore, to be honest with you. So I made my own."

He would simply watch as the man did the same thing he did and offer a light chuckle. Seemed that the two would get in a lot of trouble with Lessa. Crimson orbs trailed back over to her as she started blushing a slight bit. A rosy one would strike his as she winked at the two. It was followed with a light head shake as he spoke to her following her hand motion to change the subject." There really isn't a need to thank me, Lessa." He would tilt his head a bit and watch the snow fall lighten up a bit. It seemed they had stayed out there long enough for the big storm dwindle to just a flurry." I'm more than happy to join you in whatever really." He would look at the skies then back at Tristan." I'm sure we will do what we can to support you in the matter.. as it seems though, I believe you are correct. Very few guilds and players are preparing themselves to go to the front lines again. I'm not sure how everyone else feels, but its not a walk through the park." He would take a deep breath and then let it out.

He paused for a few seconds to gather his thoughts about the next statement. He wasn't sure how they would take it but he would simply put it on the table." You find people willing to die for the sake of others I assume? " He would cross his arms. It was a direct question but was needed to be brought to light. He could trust Lessa but the others would have to manage to get his respect and he would respect them back. He also wondered what he could do to help assist her." Also.. any thoughts on who is going to assist you in your brigade?"

L emerged from the dark, overhearing the talking and laughter. The light shone onto the snow covered branches and leaves casting a shadow unto his pale face. Since coming to SAO he had changed a considerable amount. He wore a black and red light metal leather coat with the fur of an Alpha wolf blacker than night and a wooden pendant that glowed with the ever green heart of the forest. Though there was no blood to be found, he reeked of it, casting the impression of a cold dead killer. However this was nothing more than an image, an illusion used to strike fear into his enemies, anyone who joined the crimson inquisition soon found themselves the same as he. It wasn't a boast of power but more of an aura of wisdom and experience. The crimson inquisitions co-second in command and ultimate strategist, Reddo-Ippan Life. "Anyone who isn't prepared to die for the sake of others is not fit to join a front line guild, let alone claim the sanctuary from one. You must not only be strong in your mind and body, but also in your heart" He didn't seem bothered by the fact he answered question aimed at Lessa but he had been told that you should respect others as equals, something he struggled to do. "My apologies for the interruption.." 

He gazed over at Lessa and gave her a warm smile "It's good to see you again, i trust your guild is soon ready to flourish. On behalf of the Crimson inquisition i'll be discussing our alliance and hope to fortify and strengthen it throughout the time we spend together" His amber eyes seemed to give off a warmth as well as his messy wavy hair that fell gently in front of his face, any effects that the snow had on him seemed non existent. His stance was relaxed but tense at the same time, standing at 6'2 he was a strange sight for most considering players his age (16) where still growing and maturing themselves. He reached out to Lessa with an open hand