[PP - F2] Ghost Town {Guardians}

Any members of the Guardians of Aincrad guild may come and go in this roleplay as they please.

There is no set post order, but please refrain from double-posting, as that is a site-wide rule.

If you are interested in joining this roleplay, please contact me directly about becoming a Guardian.

The woman stood alone at the edge of a great forest. As she was outside of the safe zone, she wore her breastplate and gauntlets. They were crafted out of shining metal, and engraved with delicate pink flowers. An equally pink claymore hung from her back, and it glowed softly with its own light.

She was waiting for her guild mates. Lessa had sent them a message a few days ago, encouraging them to join her for a quest of sorts. This would be an opportunity for the players to get to know each other better, and level up in the process. At the moment, her guild was very young. The players were not yet prepared to clear the ninth floor. Many lacked the correct equipment, and the experience necessary. Plus, they were simply too low-level for such an undertaking. This little trip would be beneficial to everyone.

The specifics of their journey would come later, when everyone was present. But she was confident that this quest would be something special.

Tristan walked into view, having come as soon as he got the message. After all, he currently had nothing pressing to do. The sun shone upon them, reflecting against his Sleeves and accentuating the black iron of his gloves. His spear he walked with also gleamed in the light, the trusty weapon that has carried him through nearly all of SAO. It was scary to think what that spear had been through.

He saw Lessa looking like they were posing for the cover of a game, the armour shining. It was rather impressive and she did the look right, with the blond hair striking with the shining rosy armour.

"Heya Lessa. How's your day?"

"Hi there, Tristan," Lessa greeted warmly. She let out a small puff of air, a relieved sigh that someone had showed up at all. This was the first guild quest, and she had feared that no one would feel like coming. True, it had been optional. But she simply did not have the heart to make the quest mandatory, or punish people for not showing.

"Nice gloves," she quipped, giving the young man a wink. She had crafted those gloves for him only a few days before. Though they had not been perfect, she was still incredibly proud of them. It was really rewarding to see another player wearing her work, especially one of her guild mates.

"My day is going really well," she said, finally getting to his question. "And yours?"

• 3 weeks later...

Daeron arrived at the location where they were supposed to meet up. When he saw Tristan and Lessa, he smiled and walked over to them. Standing next to Lessa, with his hands in his pockets, he let out an audible exhale. "So, how's you're day been both of you?", he asked towards both of them. "It's good to see the both of you once again, especially you Lessa." he said to her winking.

This was the first time Daeron wasn't wearing his typical robe, instead he had a bracer on and he had a metallic chest guard that acted as some more protection for him. However, the one thing he did have the same still was his weapon, that would stay until he could get the ideal item he wanted to have, get made for himself. Daeron looked around the scenery.

It was funny, it had struck Daeron that he never actually been on the second floor much at all, if even at all. The most time he spent in Aincrad was on one of four floors, going from most to least active: Floor 9, Floor 4, Floor 5, Floor 1. Daeron was glad that he was expanding his variety. Thinking about what Alkor had told him previously dealing with Lessa.

The mere thought of his cold words caused Daeron's smile to fade and to shift into an empty expression on his face. He looked at Lessa with worried eyes as to how she would feel at this point about Alkor anymore. Regardless, he tried to keep a happy face on at all times, but the thought of it all prevented him from accessing any sort of happy tone at all.

He then turned towards Tristan, who was standing there as well. "So, how has it been going for you? It's been a while since we... actually... I don't think we ever did adventure together outside of boss raids." Daeron mentioned.

• 1 month later...

As Daeron greeted her, Lessa gave a short, soft laugh. The attention the boy paid her was flattering, but she had a difficult time knowing what to do with it some days. The two players were in a strange place, Daeron wanting to know what he meant to her, and Lessa not being sure how to answer that herself. But she found it easier to simply dodge his advances, especially in a professional setting like a guild meeting. If there was something more that he wanted to discuss with her, hopefully she could convince him to wait for a more appropriate moment.

"Its great to see you too, Daeron," she replied, dipping her blonde head in greeting. And she meant it too. Regardless of their mixed-up relationship, it was nice to have company. Lessa had spent much of her time away from familiar faces, doing her best to heal wounds that they had caused her. Now that she was stronger, it felt alright being in their presence again.

"We have a few new players joining us today." Now, she addressed both men. "Once they arrive, we'll get started."

Ariel was running towards the city gates, she received earlier a message from The guild master to meet up near the forest. As she passed the city gates she saw the nearby forest. Advancing a little more she saw 3 figures into the distance, near the entrance in the forest. She recognized the one clad in heavy armor as the Guild Master but unfortunately didn't knew who the others were, as she was new to this guild. She finished her sprint right in front of them:

"*pant* Hello..*pant* guild master*pant pant* I hope I'm not late*pant*. I rushed here as soon as I got your message*pant*" then she turned towards the other two and took a deep breath before speaking:

"I am Ariel, I am new to this guild, so i'll be in your care senpais" As she said that she blushed a little. She had little contact with the other players in this game and hoped that she wouldn't screw up the first impression they had on her.

Rebekah decided to remake her grand appearance after several weeks away from the public. It was a nice break for her but now she's back. She had found a message stuck from the bottom of her inbox, and wondered, why had she not seen this message a long time ago? Well, she decided to show up, as it had been a while since a lot of the members of their guild had gathered up for even a meeting.

The location was not far from the town, a quick walk, but she slowly walked to the meeting place. She had hoped that she was not the last to arrive, as she did not want to make a bad impression today. When she had arrived, she had recognized everyone else except for this new girl who had joined this guild, who must have been a new member as she had never seen her around. Without taking anymore time, she decided to introduce herself, "Hello, my name is Rebekah."

Daeron noticed more and more people arriving, and that's when he realized that he'd be surrounded by many low leveled players. The only player he really cared about at this point was Lessa, but regarding to the guild's meeting, he turned to the new players around and he gave a nod of his head. "My name is Daeron, Second-In-Command of the Guardians of Aincrad. It's a pleasure to have you as a part of our forces and we will assure to you that we will lead you to greatness." he said with a sense of regret.

Daeron would never say something like that even if his life depended on it for another guild. Instead, he ignored what he said, not letting his own arrogance getting to him. He also had to try and put a friendly face on since he was a player killer after all, and he had just hoped that it didn't scare anybody off away from the guild.

Ariel was happy to see another guild member joining them. When she introduced herself as Rebekah, Ariel made a slight bow and then saying in a somehow nervous tone while slightly blushing: "Hello, my name is Ariel, N..Nice to meet you!" she then took a closer look at the girls appearance. She was happy to see a fellow rapier user. She had mixed feelings about acknowledging people that looked younger than her, as her superiors. But in the end here, age was of little importance, as she painfully learned...

She then turned Brown haired man that was taller than her. As he introduced himself with a friendly smile, Ariel couldn't help but to notice that he was a orange player. She has heard of then, Pkers. She had a discussion about them with the guild master and DrakeWing about them. But she could not restrain from taking a couple of steps back, finding herself looking at him from behind the guild master's heavy armor.

Rebekah took another look at the older, and taller girl. She was probably stronger than she was as well, and was confident that one day, she will quickly out-level her. She looked over and saw her rapier, was she another rapier user? Rapier users are becoming more popular nowadays, and she looked again to see her take a few steps back? Rebekah took a glance around, and realized that Daeron was here too. Perhaps she was scared of orange players, but that will not last long. She decided to let her find out on her own, as it was a lot better for her to find out on her own.

She looked around and she just found out Daeron was now second-in-command. Somehow she never received the message until now, perhaps she should be checking her messages more frequently, as she took a month long break last month, and was now somewhat struggling to find where she had left of before she took a mini-break.

• 3 weeks later...

Ariel found herself almost vanishing behind Lessa's back, for some reason that guy managed to intimidate her. This was a first for her..until now she was the one intimidating others with her attitude and behaviour, but now... she was on the 'other side' of those kind of situation. A rage surged through her entire body, her pride was screaming to her "Don't back off!!! This is not how you were trained, step forward!!!" and surprisingly found herself unconsciously, slowly taking a small step to the right a step to the right. She then mustered the courage to speak, directing her words towards Lessa:

"Are we expecting any more people? If so maybe we could tell a couple of thing about our selves...small stuff like favorite food and such. Since I'm relatively new in this guild I...*she changes her gaze towards Daeron* I would like to know more about my fellow guild members." and with that she felt her anxiety fainting.....wanting to relax a little, she draws her weapon, brandishing her 'Thorny Nightmare's ' black blade for a second and impaling its tip in the ground..entering a guarding pose that helped her relax.

((pics:

Thorny Nightmare:

LfMr7T0l.pngRG0rV7Il.png

credits go to Aaphi for providing the basic sketches