A small shop in town between two larger buildings on a shady pathway.It doen't look like much and it has a wooden sign above the door where Shadoweave si wrote with black ink that is dripping(like a scarry sign where you write with blood). Inside it has shelves on the right side of the wall while on the left there are some empy manequins on which armor is put. A wooden desk is situated in front, a door on the left side of the back wall and the rest of the wall having more empy shelves. The room behind the door is the tailoring workshop full with tailoring equipment and a few mats scattered here and there. 

Rank 3: 40 total EXP and 4 Crafts a day

1=Epic fail
2-3=fails
4-5=bad Item
6-8=Good Item
9-10=Uncommon Item
11=Rare Item
12= Perfect Item

Price List:

Uncommon: 300

Rare: 700

Perfect: 1200

If you bring mats, each material will reduce the cost of the item by 100

Note: All merchants who look for a supplier of items will get unapprasied(meaning that they choose whatever stats they want when they will sell it) items of any quality with a 25% discount

XP:70/80

Mats:3

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ranganok entered in his workshop in high spirits ready for crafting business. He was in a good mood because when he was still doing the quest <Earning a Living> he got a nice gloves schemes from that manly tailor master. He took a roll of brown fabric which he cut a piece with his scissor for padding. Then he took the boar leather and with a skinning knife, by rubbing with it's blade on the leather the fur dissapeared.

After preparing the materials, he took a brush with black ink and drawed the models for the gloves body and fingers(both the upper part and the lower one). He took back the skinning knife and by touching the drawings they were automatically cut. He took his needle with a lined thread and by doing a sewing move, he sewed the upper part fingers to the upper part body of the gloves. The same technique was applied to the lower part. 

Now the padding had to take place. He took a while bottle with some glue and a bush. He put the brush in the glue and then by touching the inner side of each glove part, the sides became while as completely covered in that goo. After he took the brown fabric, put it over the inner side of the gloves and with a scissor cropped only the part that stiked on the gloves. Now the gloves part were padded and all that remained was to sew them in place. 

He took the needbe and the thread back and with a swift move he sewed the both pieces of the gloves completing them. Now the "Are you done crafting" message appeared before Ranganok and as he pressed yes, the HUD was loading the final result of the crafted item. He was really hoping that he made something good, after all he respected that recipe that old master gave him.

Mats used: 2

The gloves were a total failiure. Not even wearable. This was the time when Ranganok thought he was fooled.*Damn it. Why it didn't worked? I did it exactly as it said here.(looks closely) Ooh...I should have padded the entire leather piece and then cropped the models...tough I don't know is that is turry the cause. It might be worth a try at least.* said the boy in his mind.

He took another roll of brown fabric which he cut a piece with his scissor for padding. Then he took the boar leather and with a skinning knife, by rubbing with it's blade on the leather the fur dissapeared.

After preparing the materials, he took a brush with black ink and drawed the models for the gloves body and fingers(both the upper part and the lower one). He almost forgot to do the padding now so he stooped right in time.He took the while bottle with  glue and a bush. He put the brush in the glue and then by touching the inner side of leather peice, the side became white as completely covered in that goo. After he took the brown fabric, put it over the glued side of the leather and with a scissor cropped only the part that stiked on it.He took back the skinning knife and by touching the drawings they were automatically cut. He took his needle with a lined thread and by doing a sewing move, he sewed the upper part fingers to the lower parts. The same technique was applied to the glove's body. 

He took a towel to whipe of his sweat from working so focused on those gloves taking a break.

~1 minute later~

He took the needbe and the thread back and with a swift move he sewed all the fingers of the glove's body completing them. Now the "Are you done crafting" message appeared once again before Ranganok and as he pressed yes, the HUD was loading the final result of the crafted item. He was really hoping that he made it right this time...

Crafting dice from the last post: 4(fail)

mats used:2

This one was also a fail. Seeing that this was working at all and he also wasted 4 mats for a scam recipe and immage of the Manly NPC laghing like a devil appeared in the boy's mind. That is when he decided to let out his frustration with this "F**k this s**t" slamming the needle onto the worktable and leaving the shop like a charging tank that enter in your home trough a wall. He was in a pretty bad mood because of all this, but hopefully after calming down he will return to craft once more.

Crafting dice: 5(fail)

Will Ranganok return to crafting? Will he try to do the recipe again or he would try to make something new? Find out in the next episode!

*Insert episode ending here*

Once again, the boy came back to his shop hoping that this time he will get an item right. He entered in his shaby shop and went straight for the workshop in the back to do some crafting. This time he decided to do something else. In his mind he tought about making some special googles. For that he needed glass lens(which he had an NPC to make them from the gall he gave them) and deer leather. He took the piece of the deer leather and rubbed his skinning knife on it destroying the fur.Now the leatehr was clean. He made the models with the brush and black ink making a belt for it and the googles body. Using the scissor, Ranganok crops up the models and now is ready to create the body.

On two semi-sferical thingies he puts the googles body with the two holes designed for the eyes on each sphere. By using a special liquid from a  bottle he greases the leather with it. It was a special formula designed for hardening the leather. Thannks to the semi-sferical tings the googles had a good shape and all that remained was to finish it. He rikked the ends of the leather inside, thikening the leather and giving it the google-ish looking and sewed it to stay in place.

Now he had to put the the lens inside. He cut the lower parts of the eye protection, making it a place to put the lents trough. He squezed them in there and then sewed it back. So that is how he put the lens in the googles. The only thing remaining was to attach the belt to it. Ranganok took the belt and attached it to each side of the googles body and sewed it completing his work. He was trully hoping to succeed with this item so he was waiting for the crafting results with impatience.

This one was a fail also. The boy sighed in dissapointment bu he couldn't do anything. *I guess I'll just have to keep trying and make some level because at the current state I can't even make a decent item.* thought the boy.

However, looking at the instruction note for that item he left on the table he thinks about trying it once more. He cleans the worktable and preapares to make those cursed gloves again.After preparing the materials, he took a brush with black ink and drawed the models for the gloves body and fingers(both the upper part and the lower one). He took back the skinning knife and by touching the drawings they were automatically cut. He took his needle with a lined thread and by doing a sewing move, he sewed the upper part fingers to the upper part body of the gloves. The same technique was applied to the lower part. 

Now the padding had to take place. He took a while bottle with some glue and a bush. He put the brush in the glue and then by touching the inner side of each glove part, the sides became while as completely covered in that goo. After he took the brown fabric, put it over the inner side of the gloves and with a scissor cropped only the part that stiked on the gloves. Now the gloves part were padded and all that remained was to sew them in place. 

He took the needbe and the thread back and with a swift move he sewed the both pieces of the gloves completing them. Now the "Are you done crafting" message appeared before Ranganok and as he pressed yes, the HUD was loading the final result of the crafted item. He was really hoping that he made something good, after all he respected that recipe that old master gave him.

Crafting Dice: 2(fail)

He did it!!!!! He finally managed to create the item...and it was of rare quality. It seems that those instructions were for creating the <Gloves of the Crafter> item which gives it's wearer +2 crafting chance. The day suddenly became bright for Ranganok as he was pretty delighted because of this crafting. He couldn't help it bu try to equip those gloves. They were fitting perfectly on his hands. "With these gloves I might be able to create even better armor. Well I guess I will have to go mats hunting after this because I am running short." thought Ranganok aloud. 

So after his extraordinary performance he put the gloves in his inventory given that aside from crafting they are useless and left the shop in order to gather more mats...

Crafting dice: 11(Rare item)

Another boring day in his shop, Ranganok decided to do some crafting given that he has enough mats for another two items. This boy doesn't know how and when to give up so once an item fails to be crafted he will try do make it again and again and again until he succeeds. Michael equips the crafting gloves which he is so proud about and thinks about remaking the googles that failed the other day.

He took the panther leather and rubbed his skinning knife on it destroying the fur.Now the leather was clean. He made the models with the brush and black ink making the soles for it and the boot body. Using the scissor, Ranganok crops up the models and now is ready to create the body.

On two cilindrical thingies he puts the body with the two holes designed for the feet on each sphere. By using a special liquid from a  bottle he greases the leather with it. It was a special formula designed for hardening the leather. Thanks to the cilindrical things the boots had a good shape and all that remained was to attach them.After creating the soles he started to sew the body of the boots in place and onto the soles. And ta-daa...they are ready.

Ranganok was trully hoping to succeed with this item so he was waiting for the crafting results with impatience.

He was lucky again. He managed to create another rare item: The <Predator Boots> item. They seems to come form the same crated item set like the gloves he made previously meaning that his one also gives a +2 Evasion. The boy was pretty satisfied with the results and decided to start to craft the real armor....the one for combat.

He kept a special material just for this one, that being the black panther leather. A dangerous beast monster very skilled in combat and stealth. After taking care of the fur on the leather he started to create some leather boots. He padded the leather and then sewed it in the form of a boot. He put it on a rubber lile bottom for a boot and sewed the leather body t it finishing the boot asembly. After that, Ranganok treated the leather with taht special liquid which harders the leather in order to make it more resistant but leaving it flexible.

After 27 minutes of hard labor, the boy finally managed to finish the pair of boots. Now he was silently waiting for the crafting results to show up hoping to hit perfect quality.

Crafting Dice: 11(9+2 from the gloves two posts above)(Rare item made)

ID: 802

(OOC: I took 1 material from this thread http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/4805-sp-f1earning-a-livingcompleted/?p=346016 where I manually gathered a material...even though it wasn't cheked I don't think it is a problem if I use the material now)

This one seemed to be a fail. Even tough he got the gloves that doesn't mean he will make perfect gears with 100% chance...not even a master can do that. However, ranganok understood that and was content, especially because today was a good crafting day managing to get even 1 rare item. Now he ran out of materials but he looiks forward for nexxt time when he will come with materials to try and craft his perfect armor set.

Crafting dice: 3(fail)

The door to the workshop was open so when Ranganok heard someone's voice his head popped out(like he was leaning backwards, like playing limbo) from the door curious to see who came here.  *No normal person woulc come into this shaby and scary looking shop....maybe it isn't shaby and scary enough...I'll have to correct that later.* thought the boy in his head.He also noticed that the person was a young looking girl...and by what he sees, Michael thinks that the girl is a kid, having no more than 17 years. Or that is because he is tired and he sees a bit blurry...well it doesn't matter anyway. He comes out of the workshop while wiping his hands on a white towel, goes to the  serving desk and asks the young lady "Are you lost kid?"

The boy before her was pretty tall slim and muscular, weaing a black jacked which was oppened, revealing his upper body(chest and abs), a pair of simple black trousers and some plain black shoes. As for the face, he had a somehow messy brown hair with brown cold eyes which were looking at the girl like it was piercing her. Ranganok was just an overly-serious guy with a killer's eye, however, this is how he usually is around people. It's not like he wants to scare her or something. As he asked the girl if she was lost he was waiting now for a response.

"Lost? Kid? Whoah there buddy, i'm probably older than you are"  she looked at him slyly, amusement playing across her face. " Was just checking out the shops. I'm in need of a coat you see. Black and blue. I'm willing to pay in materials or Col, but i havent got much..."  She talks big, but you can see she still has a lot of her beginner equipment. She looks around the shop examining it and observing her surroundings. She seems to come to a decision and nods her head. but she tell you not what it is.

After the girl told him that she is not a kid, Ranganok looks once again at her with his blurry eyes closely inspecting her face and then replied with a tired voice "Allright allright. So...young lady, do you have any patterns in mind for the cloak? Do you want it to have special design features? Do you want it just for fashion or want it to do something? What quality do you want it? Depending on those answers I will tell you what and how much I need."

Michael might be in a bad mood given that he is tired and hungry, however he keeps his calm and serious attitude. While she was admiring ranganoks shop which was actually pretty plain and empty given taht he didn't properly arraged it for customers(because he only crafts armor for himself for now), he inspects the girl's equipment with clear,serious, trained eyes. This is due his extensive dojo training in the real world, he learned to eficiently "scan" people. After the scanning was complete he came to the conclusion that she is just a beginner with starter gear. Then suddenly goes back to his tired state and yawning before she redirects her attention to him.

After the girl seemed to have come to a conclusion, Ranganok asks her with sarcasm in a serious tone "So, have you made up your mind, Miss probably older than you are?" and then waiting for a response.

"miss older than you has decided"  she said with a jovial voice, smiling at him "I want a coat, Black, inside, Blue outside, any uncommon, would be nice, perhaps of the thorn type?" She looked around again "also if you would like, i could help you arrange your shop?  maybe get you a meal while you work?" She seemed genuinely concerned for the tired man before her. "So tell me youngster, what do you need from me?"

After hearing what the girl said, Ranganok replies with a suspicious tone "So i've become the kid now...You are very eager to help strangers like me... You must want a discount right? An uncommon item costs 300 col, if you give me 2 mats I will reduce it to 200 col. So you'll have to pay 150 and 2 mats if your meal is good. You said that it's thorn damage right? That is the one that reflects damage back to the attacker if I am not mistaken. If you have the mats I could start to make it right now...I am actually pretty low on mats for the moment so unless you give me 2 cotton materials you willl have to wait 3 days or so." After telling her all that she needs to know he waits silently waits for her to decide while he was yawning.

Everything happened so fast before ranganok's eyes that he remained in a "What the hell?" state with his finger in the air due to using the HUD. She seemed very excited about this and he couldn't understand why she was like that. "I guess I will never understand women...Better go to do my job". The boy enters into his workshop on the door leading to the back room with his mats and starts his crafting. By using a weaving mill he manages to create two rolls of textile: one black and one blue. He streches the black testile and brushes the textile with some white glue totally covering it. After that he carfully taps the blue textile over the black one sticking them togheder. The material was prepared, all taht remained was to crop it and then sew it.

He carefully drawed the cloak body model on the textile and then the hood separately. Using a scissor he managed to crop the models. By using a dummy, he puts the cloaik body there and makes the ajusments necessary for shaping the body. After that he inserts a small blue button that connects the sides of the cape at the neck level. He took care so that the blue aprt of the textile was outside and the black one inside. After finishing the body he started to shape the hood. With a little effort he managed to give it the shape it should have. Now all that remained was to sew the two pieces in one. Said an done...by using the needle with one sewing move and the crafting assist system he manace to asemble the cloak. A window with the "Have you finished your product?" question appeared in his HUD and Ranganok pressed the yes button. Now, after 15 minutes of work, the boy is waiting for the system to load the finished product.

She came back about fifteen minutes later, two steaming bowls of soup in her hand and a jug of water. 

"I brought soup and a sandwich, in case you didnt like soup. Ive also brought some water for you!" She puts the soup down on a table and pulls down the HUD, summoning the sandwich and placing it next to the soup. She looks around the shop. "Okay, Looks like you just havent set up any shelves or anything, ill start cleaning up." You see her go around the shop, putting any tools next to your workspace and moving the body models to different parts of the room.

After seeing the results, Ranganok remained stuck in awe as the item he has made was actually of perfect quality. The best item quality discovered in the game until now. <Duality Cloak> is the item he managed to make and it gives its wearer +1 thorn dmg(meaning that whenever he takes a hit the enemy takes 1 dmg) and +2 accuracy giving the wearer higher chance to hit .  He takes the item and puts it into his inventory. The boy then comes out of his workshop just to find that ht egirl returned with food. He looks at her with a blank expression saying "I am sorry but I failed to make you an uncommon item. All I can give you back is this..." and he makes a trade request putting the perfect item there. Once he sees that the girl noticed what it is he gives off a slight smile and continues "Thank you for the food."  After that he takes a bowl of soup and starts eating the soup...and after 3-4 spoons of it he asks her "You took two bowls of soup...why don't we eat togheder and arrange the shop after?"

Crafting dice: 12(perfect item)

ID: 919