Mari's Melodies is a store nestled in the heart of Snow Frost Town; outwards it looks like a warm cosy cottage; as you enter you hear the soft jingle of the store bell and smell the burning wood of the roaring fire to the right. The store does not contain a lot. a few chairs by the fire; to warm travellers, and a mahogany counter to the back. The left; has numerous violins attached to its wall.

Mari predominantly plays the violin; and sings. She will not play other instruments unless you pay a costly premium price; the two other instruments she does play are the piano and acoustic guitar. 

Price:
200 Col for live performance Or 1 Mat

Current Rank
Musico Primo 6/7

Items for Sale:
Bad Quality Monster Grenade X 7 
100 Col
lasts one turn; used to distract monsters by attracting them to the recording.

Good Quality Monster Grenade X 6 
200 Col
lasts two turns; used to distract monsters by attracting them to the recording.

Uncommon Quality Monster Grenade X 2 
 200 Col
lasts two turns; used to distract monsters by attracting them to the recording.

Rare Quality Monster Grenade X 3   300 Col
lasts three turns; used to distract monsters by attracting them to the recording.

Perfect Quality Monster Grenade X0  500 Col
lasts three turns; used to distract monsters by attracting them to the recording.

3 Crafts a day

1=Epic fail (lose mats)
2-3=fails (lose mats)
4-6=bad Item (Monster Grenades last one turn)
7-9=Good Item (Monster Grenades last two turns)
10=Uncommon Item (Monster Grenades last two turns)
11=Rare Item (Monster Grenades last three turns)
12= Perfect Item (Monster Grenades last three turns)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MacGrath walked around town for a bit, he kept singing some songs over his head, but couldn't remember the lyrics. He came across a building which was under construction, but was open. MacGrath walked in. The place looks lovely, and warm too, he made his way over to where he saw Mari, who was the owner of the business. "Hey Mari, how are you?" He asked her.

Mari was tuning her violin when she heard the tinkle of the store bell; she gave MacGrath a small nod as she watched him enter, she didn't say anything right now as she was attempting to play a song.

Rolled a 12 on the d12 (craft) dice
PERFECT
+1 Perfect Grade  Monster Grenade
-1 Material 
2/3 Crafts available  9/11 2014

Her tune was perfect; not a chord out of place as she played 'You're Not Alone'  She swayed to and fro, giving a low hum; her cerulean eyes rose to meet MacGrath; as he said hello and went over to the fire. After approximately four minutes she finished with a satisfied sigh. Mari casually picked up her voiln, sitting in one of the big, comfy seats in front of the fire.

"Hello, MacGrath. Is there something I can help you with? I am in store all day today."

Whilst waiting for MacGrath to reply; Mari picked up her violin. Playing once more; this time she chose to go through, arpeggio; sounding off the chords one by one, it was good for her to keep in practise. She had done this several times over, pouting Mari felt she was out of practise as she had hit the bow against the bridge of the instrument not once, but twice.

Rolled a 7 on the d12 (craft) dice
+1 Good Monster Grenade
-1 Mat
1/3 Crafts Left 9/11 

Sighing Mari turned her attention  back to her shop patron and fellow guild member. 

(Sorry I havent replied, I'm at school at the moment.)

MacGrath looked at her with a smile, "I would like to hear song please. Any song you like." He said to her, he didnt really mind what song he wanted to hear, he payed 200 col for the song Mari was going to play, "This is something i can get used to." He thought.

MacGrath

- 200 col

Mari gave a nod, with a small sigh; "Col is nice and all, tis a shame it wasn't a mat." She mused. "I could use them to improve my skills. I am beginning to run out."
She picked up her violin and began to play;  '
Brothers' on the violin. 

Rolled a 8 on the d12 (craft) dice
+1 Good Monster Grenade
-1 Mat
2/3 Crafts Left 10/11

The slow lilting tune played through till the end, it wasn't a perfect song; but it was good. And at that moment, another walked into her humble store. A young girl who seemed awed at her collection of violins - she approached Mari, who looked up at her and gave her a nod in acknowledgement. "Welcome to my store. Can  I help you with something?"

((OOC Sorry to Lotharian - who I was on a skype conversation with and screamed in his ear when I get a perfect roll))

Mari picked up the violin once again, setting one of her recording crystals to record the song:  - choosing to play Suteki Da Ne starting with a slow, soft sound, she hit each note with perfect precision;

"Aren't you all lucky? You get a free performance eh?" 

Mari continued to play the song; perfectly hitting each note as it hit the cresendo- before finally faltering into a  feathery finish. Mari was much, much more happy with this performance compared to her other two less than stellar attempts.

PERFECT
-1 Material 

2/3 Crafts left 12/11

Arekkusu walked in to see if the shop had anything for him to buy. Mari's Melodies... sounds like a music store. Perfect. Arekkusu thought to himself. Despite the fact that he didn't use a shoulder rest, Arekkusu didn't plan on buying one instead. What he did lack however was materials to even create items. He may have one, but that really isn't the best way to defend yourself in combat.

"Um, hello there." Arekkusu said. "This is a music store right? I need at least two Materials if that is currently possible please."

Mari noticed another walk in; he was somewhat in awe at her store. 

"Yes, it's a music store - but I must warn you I don't really play anything else other than the violin. Other performers have a more versatile range of instruments - I personally prefer sticking to the one. I sell Monster Grenades - and Performances." Mari shook her head when she was asked for Mats.

"Sadly, I need Mats for my own crafting. I am in possession of 3 - but I need them all; I would only consider letting them go for 2,500 Col...Each."

2500... Arekkusu could never imagine being rich enough to actually say, "That's pocket change," so Arekkusu decided just to roll on with the other comment she made.

"It's not like many people know many songs anymore." Arekkusu said. "It's been a while since everyone got stuck in this mess. Many songs I played became blurry to me now, hence why I needed some materials. I only have one, but you seem to need them a bit more than I do at the moment."

Arekkusu looked through his inventory to look for the remaining material he obtained just recently and handed it over to who Arekkusu can guess to be the shop owner.

"I hope it helps in some way." Arekkusu said.

-Item lost, 1 Material-

"Well how about music books, is there any..." Arekkusu said before pausing. He couldn't ask for specific composers in Sword Art Online. Allen Lee Silva would not exist in the game at all, so why bother. "Music books I can buy then?"

Arekkusu knew that was incorrect grammar, but at least he switched the sentence before making it sound too awkward.

Mari walked over to the wall of violins; picking up a violin made of European Maple. "I don't know about that - I know quite a few songs, my favourite being Av Maria."

Mari turned back to the dark haired man. "If you are looking for mats, sometimes merchants sell them - far cheaper than I could ever offer; as I currently don't have the time to go out for them. I'm preparing for a front line attack and I am grossly ill experienced for it." Mari began, walking over to one  of the few couches by a roaring fireplace. It was at this stage she noticed a trade to her; he had given her a material.

Mari blinked, "Weren't you just looking to buy some? I am happy to accept - but - if you need it by all means take it back." She pointed toward the bookshelf by the fire with her bow. "There are a few musical books there; but they cannot leave the store, believe me I've tried - if you want to sit and read them feel free to do so."

Mari sat down on one of the chairs; "Since you've given me a Mat - that counts as payment for a song; any requests?"

"Oh trust me." Arekkusu started. "I don't think I'll be using the Material any time soon."

Arekkusu looked and flipped through some of the Music books, seeing if there was a song he could play on there. Anything familiar in his mind. Sadly, nothing he recognized was in the music books. He sighed, knowing how easily he could just walk into his room and pull out the Song from his Orchestra binder.

"I don't think I remember any of these songs." Arekkusu said. "Do you recall the song The Code by Allen Lee Silva?"

Arekkusu loved the song since it was his first he ever played. He understood all strings needed to be played in order to play it comepletly, Arekkusu was just a second Violinist. However, even if he found a First and Second Violinist, he needed to find a Violist, Cellist, and a Bassist in order to play the song. Arekkusu could play the song on his own and go with the low notes anyways, he just hopes he can move his fingers fast enough to play the Bass part.

Mari gave a nod - the man seemed new to the whole profession thing, the old Mari would have taken it without a moments notice, not hesitating to take advantage of someone - yet lately Mari just didn't seem to have the energy. "If you say so." Mari said, She sat there, tuning her violin as the other man leafed through her music books. He asked if she knew a song, and sadly - Mari did know it, but she was sure that it would require more than just the one violin.

"Yes, I do know of the song - sadly I am not sure how well it will sound with just myself playing. Still..."  Mari set up the recording Crystal -and picked up her Violin. It had been quite some time since she had played an uplifting song, at least - in her eyes it was. 

PERFECT
-1 Material 
2/3 Crafts available  16/11 2014

And so, Mari started to play The Code, the grandeur of the song was lost without the accompanying instruments, but despite that Mari managed to beautifully play the core music, creating a melodic piece. Once finished, she smiled - stopping the recording. It was a perfect play through. The recorded music was now a dark crimson colour, with the name 'Perfect Monster Grenade' hovering above it. 

Mari went to hand it to her newest customer.

"Your Mat turned into this. It's yours if you want - they will distract a Mob for 3 turns - effectively allowing you to strike 3 times in a row without sustaining damage"

Perma Dice ID #1031

Arekkusu looked at the monster grenade. Being the new player he was, he just stared at it blankly. He grabbed the item from the shop owner and saved it into his inventory.

"The turns?" Arekkusu asked. "Is that the average monster grenade?" It seems a bit broken, not that Arekkusu would complain about that. As long as the benefit was for the player, it would be perfect.

Arekkusu then realized how The Code was played, he felt satisfied to hear it once again, and in such melodic fashion. He however noticed how it wasn't Second Violin, but first. He pulled out his violin as well and shortly Rosined his bow.

"Is that music sheet in here?" Arekkusu asked referring to The Code. "I'll buy the single sheet off of you for 300 Col."

Mari scoffed, "Eh? Average?" She shook her head, biting her tongue - it would not be wise to snap at and belittle her customers. "That Monster Grenade is of a perfect quality. The best of the best. Lucky you. I normally charge 500 Col for them. You use them by throwing them away from you in battle - the monster will get distracted. That one lasts for 3 turns - so effectively you can strike 4 times in a row. Most only last 1 turn, allowing you to strike twice."

Mari noticed that the customer also had a bow; "Eh? You play too. I don't sell music sheets here - again they cannot leave the store, but I don't mind if you practise in here - I'd charge you 100 Col for that as you are effectively renting out a space to play, and If I get other customers - you'll have to stop so I can serve them."

"100?" Arekkusu asked. He thought about it for a moment, then looked at his Violin. "All right then. I'll rent out a space then."

Arekkusu transferred the 100 Col needed to obtain his space. It seems a bit better to practice in a place more suited for music than just random spaces, even if that burned through his Col.

Arekkusu slowly tuned his Violin, still trying to remember his open strings. He felt bad for his mentor, he was doing so well with her. Now he can hardly say her name right, or even remember how she looked. Arekkusu shook off the bad feeling and looked for an empty area in which he can play his music.

"Beethovens Virus." Arekkusu said, stating his song. He placed his bow on the string and breathed. He extended his left arm and was ready to shoot a beginning. He then quickly played the beginning, practicing the notes without trying to scratch them.

Mari accepted the Col, sure she could have let him play there for free; but she also could have charged him, and in these times, she needed all the Col she could get.

+100 Col

Mari let the man get back to what he was doing, he was a little rusty, but he seemed to pick himself up quite quickly. Mari decided to leave him be, she had to finish her crafting and prepare for another customer, she prepared by tuning her violin, picking up a recording crystal and setting it to record.

Rolled a 6 on the d12 (craft) dice
BAD
+1 Bad Grade  Monster Grenade
-1 Material 
1/3 Crafts available  16/11 2014

The tuning went well, but as Mari attempted to play though the chords she screwed a few up, the bow hitting the bridge of the violin. Mari sighed, placing the Violin on the store counter. She needed more Materials if she wanted to continue, she only had a few left.

Perma Roller ID #1056

Mari tuned her violin, and tried to record a song; setting the recording crystal on the counter she took a few deep breaths, using the practise exercises she had always done; sadly her mind was elsewhere - on the upcoming Hydra battle and instead of performing a beautiful piece of music, she fumbled and dropped the violin.

Rolled a 4 on the d12 (craft) dice
BAD
+1 Bad Grade  Monster Grenade
-1 Material 
2/3 Crafts available  19/11 2014

Perma Roller ID # 1415

Arekkusu stopped his playing to ask for a material again... which is funny because it felt like he had been playing for a week and obtained memories that he doesn't recall being in his head since he played.

"Hey Mari." Arekkusu said saying her name even though he didn't remember introducing his name or her telling him his name or anything related. Things, were weird, but he didn't really care too much. "Can I buy a material off of you? All I need is one."