[OP-F4] Let Me Snow The Way

I turned to face crozeph and grinned my old green player marker that i had, was long gone i was flagged yellow now and i didnt think crozeph had noticed yet. ''I wish he would say something.'' i said to no one in particular. I felt the feeling of entering a safe zone and spoke up to everyone. ''We must me close guys we are in a safe zone.'' i called out to them and leading the way down the path.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yay, almost there. I can't wait to get back to the city after I arrive at the lake. The hot chocolate there beckon for me~"

Tom walk in front of us, leading the group to the frozen lake. The view on the lake is awesome for the someone who look at it for the first time. Like Crozeph said, it can even calm down a person. For me, I'll be going back after I arrive at the safe area.

"Lucky for us because Frozen Lake is a safe area. We can enjoy the view there because Player Killer and Orange Player can't enter inside."

Just as i felt the feeling of entering the safe zone i was pushed back by an seen force and i looked back at the others ''I dont think i can get in here guys i... i erm ill wait here for now you guys go ahead and have your fun ...'' to said to them. Ofcourse how could i forget the only safe zones a player killer can enter are the cities. Well i hung around the barrier waiting for the others as they entered looking at me bewildered.

Mari was on the 4th floor; she was actually on this floor quite often. It was her favourite place to be. The cold, the snow; it was like a winter wonderland.  She drew in a deep breath and gave a long low sigh. She was normally dressed entirely in pink; but today she was wearing the dark cloak that Moartea had given her. The two hadn't been getting along lately; and wearing it made her feel...warmer; not in the sense that it physically made her warmer, but in the sense that it made her feel calmer.

Mari was near one of her favourite lakes, a place she couldn't go to any more. There were other frozen lakes scattered about the place that weren't in safe zones.  There was a bit of a commotion and curiosity got the better of her. Approaching the group she noticed another yellow name. Mari paused in her footsteps.

Tom?

Wasn't that the man that had the large bounty on his head? Mari cleared her throat, calling out to him. 

"Why are you marked?"

A girl called out to me and i realised it was because i was pk with a large bounty that i was being stalked by the players that were higher leveled than me. I told her the story about how i saved an innocent boys life yet the price i had to pay for killing the men who were torturing him was with my life. I wasted no time in sending her a dual request to the death. ''Im glad it was you who found me first mari if i am to die then let it be by your hand just promise me one thing. Look after my brother and let him know why it was i had to die and my story.'' i said waiting for mMari to answer

((In a Duel you need to use the Perma Roller to determine who has first strike, whoever has the highest Loot Roll gets first strike I think))

Mari sighed; as she accepted the duel request. "You know; hearing that - I'd let you be. I'd walk away. I have no place in killing someone who was protecting others, but..." She trailed off, her cerulean gaze darting to the side. Was what she was doing right? He seemed so ready to die. If she didn't do this, then Alkor would, if not Alkor than someone else. Mari had seen Alkor fight - he was merciless, brutal, dark and oh so very cold. Mari wasn't able to tell what her fighting style was like.

"You know others are after you too, if not me than someone else will, I am not sure how I feel about that. If you wish to continue this; I'll listen to your wish. I'll provide your brother with a part of the bounty so he can defend himself, and live well."

Mari equipped her weapon; a thin, delicate dagger which glowed a soft hue of pink. "I don't exactly take pleasure in this, nor do I really agree to this; if others were to attack, I doubt they'd listen to your requests. Are you still ok with this?"

What was Mari saying? Was she actually asking if it was ok for her to mercilessly slaughter him?  He was going to die either way; be it today - tomorrow or next week. If he didn't have a bounty on his head, Mari would walk away, right then and there and leave well enough alone - but this player, this one player had managed to somehow, for whatever reason cause one of the strongest players in Aincrad to place a bounty on his head.

Loot Dice: 10
Perma Dice ID #3608

Mari didn't like this; it felt so unnatural. He seemed so ready to die. She sighed. "Why are you so willing? Aren't you worried? Scared?" She approached him, raising her dagger to him; slicing it diagonally across his torso. Her single strike placed his HP into the yellow. Her blue eyes became  half lidded. There was no joy or victory in this sort of battle. She didn't understand how Daeron said he enjoyed this. All Mari felt was an empty, hollow feeling in the pit of her stomach. She wasn't killing for self defence, she wasn't killing to protect other players.

She was simply Killing.

Mari wanted to, in a strange way protect Tom; from the others who were hunting him - they would not be as kind as she. "That day, you asked me what it was like to be a Pker; you seemed like you wanted to kill. Do you regret it?" She asked, voice hollow.

Battle Dice: 6 +2 = 8
Perma Dice ID #3610

Mari  45/45
Tom: 9/17

Finally arrive at the safe zone, I feel relieve. Wandering around the Tundra is not something I like to do for the rest of my life. Tom was just about to enter the safe zone when he stop suddenly....as if he hits a wall. He told us to go first, saying that he will wait outside. The others walk past him, stepping inside the Frozen Lake area. I approach Tom and try to ask him if there's something bothering him, but decided to stay quiet. I walk inside the safe zone and walk ahead. 

This uneasy feeling keeps stirring inside me . I try to ignore it, but nothing I do or think can make it go away. I turn around to check on Tom. Returned to the safe zone, I watch the dreaded scene unfolded in front of me.

Mari initiate a battle with Tom. 

I walk slowly towards them, thinking what should I say or ask.  I noticed the red marker on Tom... I don't know what should I say...

"Why are you two fighting...Tom...Leader? Why are you marked Tom?!"

((No worries Tom that's ok!)

Mari turned to Yuji, staring at him with sad blue eyes. Why did he have to be here? Why did he have to see this? Mari wasn't exactly thrilled to have him here, it seems as though he and a few others who were in the safe zone were on some sort of friendly outing - and here she was - taking that away. Destroying so many lives and relationships in one, haste action.  "Yuji..." Mari began; turning away from the battle to face him, she'd explain the situation but there was no real solice she could offer her second in command. "Tom has a very, very, large bounty on his head - he has a number of players who are hunting him down." Mari offered her guild member, the second in command a weak smile. "Hearing his story - I'd normally leave him be - but I fear, he won't live long, regardless. Alkor is after him. As much as I adore Alkor he is a ruthless person in battle - he'd not hear Tom's pleas, or requests. He'd tear into the boy in cold blood. I understand if you no longer wish to be associated with me, or the guild after this."

Mari looked over at Tom, he'd die here. He'd die here by her hand, and that was something Mari could not ever excuse. 

"I have no excuse for what I will be doing today; Tom I will honour your wishes, and if your brother seeks my head in retribution then so be it."

He tried swiping at her, but he missed; Mari didn't even attempt to dodge; if he had managed to hit her then at least she'd have been hurt. Mari went to strike again, she had no energy behind her strike and yet - and yet...she still managed to deal a critical blow. As she struck him a second time, being precise to hit the exact same place to cause as little pain as possible. Mari watched as his health depleted to zero; she let her dagger drop to the floor as she caught Tom and carefully lowered him to the floor in her arms.

"I am sorry."

Battle Dice: 10 +2 = 12
Damage: 10

Perma Dice ID #3614

Mari  45/45
Tom: 0/17 - DECEASED

I didn't say anything when she explain the reasons to her action. At times like this I wish I never buy this game and dive into it. The harsh reality is so bitter it's hard for him to swallow the truth. I didn't turn away, I will watch it until the end.

"Everything happen with reason. I believe that...."

Mari stab Tom, he didn't resist at all as the knife struck him. Tom went silence, he can't hear the sound of his breathing.

In that instant, he lose another friend.

He look down, holding back his tears. Not much he can do now, he can take revenge but that seems pointless at this moment. That will betray what he believes too. In the end, Yuji approach Mari and stand beside her. He put his hand on her shoulder with weak motion.

"Let's go back Leader. We still have a guild meeting to do..... It's not safe for you to be around here, especially when his guildmate around here."

I let go of my hand and walk towards the Snowfrost City. 

-Yuji exit the RP-

Crozeph saw the whole thing and what's worse he didn't do anything to save his friend. After the pink-haired girl whom Yuji called Mari left with him, Crozeph stood frozen "I wanted him to see the lake..." he said. Crozeph's hands are shaking "t-they killed my squad leader, they killed m-my friend" Crozeph dropped to his knees, the lake just behind him. They say it was a safe zone, she should've let Tom see the lake just for a while "pink-haired, friend of Yuji, leader of a guild, p-player killer..." clenched his fist and punched the ground "...and her name is..." Crozeph stood up, tears in his eyes "...Mari."

Crozeph sat at the shore of the frozen lake, he was quiet he didn't mind the cold now. He lost a friend, now he's got to protect the others who are left "what will I tell them?" he thought "how can I say to them that Tom was killed and I just stood their like a stupid NPC!" he said crying. He mind about the others who are still there, he wanted to be alone...he just wants to be left alone for now. 

(ooc: those who joined make your last post except those who left the RP I'll end this misery)

Mari bit her lip as Tom reached out and thanked her, she grabbed his hand and squeezed it, offering him some last sort of comfort and solace. "You have a brother right?" She asked, "I'll be sure to give him your belongings, and part of the bounty. I will be true to my word." 

Mari watched as he shattered away, into nothing; she had taken another life, just when would it stop? Mari never wanted to take a single life, let alone three. Mari picked up the items

GAINED Coat of midnight +2 evasion
GAINED Golems bane +1 Damage 

She placed them away in her inventory. Yuji came up to her; he seemed torn. "I need to wait for someone Yuji. I'm sorry, but I made a promise to Tom, so - the least I can do is uphold that, after what I've done - but before the guild meeting; I would want to talk to you. I've stolen something very precious from you."

Mari glanced up to see another player, within the safe zone - he seemed very distraught, it made Mari's heart heavy to see the ramifications of her actions, but if it weren't her, then Tom's death would be far more brutal.

(ooc: I guess we should stretch it a little...sorry about that)

Crozeph heard a voice, he didn't want to hear anything but the cold wind. He turned around to see only the person he feared and at the same time starting to hate. Crozeph quickly stood up head down, his hand on his sword's hilt "you!" he shouted "you PLAYER KILLER!" he shouted with his sword pointed at her but his hand was shaking, he didn't know what to do. "He didn't deserve the mark! I don't even want to talk about it, I just wanted my friend to see the lake! of all places why choose now?" he said. Crozeph couldn't contain the fear and the excitement. His prey is before him but she's far more stronger than he is, he'd die for sure just like his friend. Crozeph lowered his sword and looked at the girl in the eyes "give me a satisfying reason for killing him" he asked the her.

Mari didn't flinch nor did she intend to kill the other traumatized man as he pointed a shaking sword at her. "Yes, I am a killer." She said with a hollow voice, still looking at the place where Tom had died, the snow remained pure and white; as though such a battle had never taken place. 

"He got it protecting others right?" Mari asked, looking up at Crozeph. "I have no excuse for what I did, but your friend had a very, very high bounty on his head set by one of the strongest players in Aincrad. A dear friend of mine, Alkor was also wanting to kill him. Alkor is a ruthless fighter. He would have struck Tom down without remorse - and he would not have listened to any last requests, nor would he share the bounty." Mari stood up, watching as he lowered his sword, she tilted her head. "Take your frustrations out if you want. I have no intention on killing anyone else today, I doubt you'd be able to kill me."

Mari carefully pushed his sword up toward her again; "I have no satisfying reason."

Crozeph felt a sudden excitement inside him as Mari pointed his sword to her "I have no satisfying reason" the moment Crozeph heard what she said, he grabbed Mari by the collar dropping his sword "but he had a reason to live!" he shouted at her. Crozeph's tears fell again, he didn't know what to feel. All he ever felt while inside the game was fear of monsters killing him and the happiness he felt from his friends...and now one of them is dead. Crozeph still held Mari, he wanted to punch her, he's trying to stop the urge to hurt her "I'll never let my frustrations get the better of me" he said "Tom earned his mark by protecting someone..." Crozeph loosened his grip of Mari's collar and picked up his sword sheathing it back "I don't know how you earned that yellow mark on you, having it doesn't only mean you killed someone..." Crozeph looked at her with cold eyes "...it also means you killed yourself." Crozeph wiped the tears in his eyes "I have no intentions of trying to kill and you also..." Crozeph was already tired "...snap out of it Crozeph" he said to himself Crozeph took a step back into the safe zone but still his eyes on Mari. She was cold just like the snow but somehow Crozeph saw something or he hoped for something to see in her "a hint of warmth in her eyes..." he said whispering in the wind. 

Mari let him grab her by her collar, he - like practically everyone else in Aincrad was taller than her and he managed to lift her feet off the ground. She let him yell in her face, eyes blurred with tears. He said he'd never let his frustrations get the best of him, and sheathed his sword. "You're better than me, and you're right - I did kill a part of myself." Mari lowered her gaze. It was so easy to tell this story now, scarily so. Had she numbed herself that much? "I had a sick and twisted man, force me to kill my own daughter; there is no redemption for me. Ever."

Noticing him cry, Mari reached out to wipe the tears from his eyes. She could do that much at least, right? But he stepped back - into the safe zone. Mari stood there with her hands outstretched for a few seconds before lowering them, he asked himself to snap out of it, saying his name. At least Mari knew his name now. "Being orange, its a horrible burden; and it's one your friend could not stand; if not for me - he may have just thrown himself off the edge of the world - or he would have been hunted by far more remorseless people than I. It will never excuse my actions. Nor do I expect you to look at me with anything other than hate in your eyes."

Sousuke watched in horror a the scene infront him. His brother standing there letting the girl with pink hair run him through with her dagger. One friend left the other was talking to her. He heard all about why tom had to die. The boy who was crying grabbed the girl and they started to converse he eventually stepped back. Eventually sousuke stepped foward and fell to his knees before he got very far and one word escaped his lips "Tomoya ..." he whispered as tears fell from his face