OP - F1 Time to Form A Game Plan (Completed)

He looked at the girl who had bumped into Calrex and smiled. She seemed like a really nice person, a very innocent one too, if she was about to cry from just bumping into a person. Not all innocent people are truly innocent. She could be acting. Previous experiences of multiplayer games have taught him not to trust anyone he ran into, even if they did act nice towards him. Turning his attention to Celes and Calrex, he nodded. "I agree with Calrex. As much as I appreciate you guys buying us equipment, it wouldn't seem right for me to take it. I wouldn't have earned it, if you understand what I mean, so it wouldn't have the same value as something I work hard to get. Not to mention that I don't really prefer being in anyone's debt, so...yeah." he said. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks up and sees the hand offered by Calrex and takes it, hoisting herself up and doesn't let go when she finally stands up, Her fingers move as if to draw lines on Calrex's hand. Her sobbing now a little bit less than it was, with a small smile starting to spread across her face

'Wow perhaps there are some nice people, in this game after all... Better be safe though, just in case it happens again.'

'Thank you, I'm Nar... Sorry I'm Teayre, I've just started this game, I've played other before but this is a bit of a shock to me... I didn't really expect it to be this... full on, It's good though and I like it... Sorry, I forgot I'm interrupting... If I'm not being too much of a pain could you show me the ropes please? I've got a rough idea from other MMOs but... This one feels different for some reason. I hope I'm not too much of a bother"

Calrex nodded as Teayre introduced herself, "No worries, it's perfectly fine. Nice to meet you, I'm Calrex."

"An interesting way to introduce oneself for sure..."

He looked over at Celes and Sousuke. Since they were the ones with the most experience in terms of adventuring and combat, Calrex figured it would be best to get their opinion before responding to Teayre's request. One thing he would like to avoid is overpacking the party. There has to be a balance in terms of size: Large enough to take out any monsters that come their way, but small enough to be agile should things go bad. He figured with Tyrius deciding to pass on accompanying them, they could afford to possibly fit one more.

"Do you guys think we could fit one more into the team?"

'Calrex, right got it' Teayre nods her head as she says this before looking at the other members of the group. Her hands still playing around on Calrex's drawing varying patterns on the back of his hand.

'It'd probably help if I told you what my I started off choosing wouldn't it... I'm sorry, I should've said sooner. I've got basic gear as you can tell, and slowly getting the hang of moving around... Truth be told I'm a klutz in real life and in here it seems, I've taken a rank in one handed curved swords for now, hoping to move onto Katanas it's what I used when I was training in real life.'

Teayre glances up at Calrex, batting her eyes before beaming at the group. 'Oh well, this is our life, for now at least...'

Calrex gave the amazed at her skill level / nervous that he is essentially just along for the ride smile response to Celes' answer to his question, "Well that's reassuring, heh."

"Well she is many multiples higher in level than me right now. If this raid was designed for new players of course she would have an easy time going through it. I guess that means at least that the raids don't scale in difficulty to fit the levels of the players entering it."

He looked over at the others, nodding his head, "Well, whatever you guys want to do I'm ready when you are."

"Maybe I can finally get started making some headway in this game."

Giggling to herself at Calrex's response, Teayre enthusiastically adds her input by saying "What are you waiting for let's go! If someone's willing to lead cause ummm... I sorry but I don't know the way yet." Turning around she leans towards Calrex and whispers quietly in his ear 'Could you hold my hand and support me please, I'm a bit of a klutz it's not just the movement controls, I am always tripping over my own feet.'

After wandering the city for what seemed like hours, Oikawa finally made it to a player-ripe plaza. "Finally other players!" he exclaimed. A little ahead to his right, sat a cluster of players. Noting that most of the group seemed like noobs such as himself, he also acknowledged the the 2 higher leveled ones. Not wanting to crash their party of sorts, he decided he'll see what they're up to. Maybe they're going to go kill stuff or loot hunting...or maybe they're all going home ... I hope it's the former. Maybe I can watch and learn something. I wonder if they'll let me join them? Guess we'll see. Oikawa continued to watch them. He decided to keep a safe distance, not wanting to be noticed too much.

Raeyliff grinned and looked at Tearye. "Welcome to our group.". After saying that, he looked down on the ground and leaned against the wall behind him, meaning that he was going to go deep in thought. For some reason this girl makes me feel like she isn't as innocent as she seems. I am beginning to doubt her, but I am in no position to start pointing fingers either. She's trying hard to prove to the group that she's nice...isn't that what anyone would do? She just does it differently. I think it's better if I gave her a break.  He looked at Celes "So, are we going to do something? If we keep talking we might waste too much of the morning and end up not fighting at all. We better start getting prepared from now. Maybe we should just seperate and get ready and come back, if you want?" he looked Celes and at Calrex and Tearye. In the corner of his eye he saw a kid standing, and seemed to be looking at the group. Hmm...I wonder if he's going to walk over here and talk to us. He should, I think. 

"Alright, i'll go and get thigns to prepare, i'll meet you by the teleport gate on the first floor" (OOC: I'll be away for the holidays and replying scarecely, so i'm going to leave this OP, message me if you want to do the raid and i'll make a PP for us) She began tp walk away, looking through her inventory to count the potions she had and the players in the group.... 

Still watching the group, he noticed that one of the members had spotted him. Well so much for trying to be all incognito huh? Against his better judgement, he made his way to the group of players. Palms sweaty, he sputtered out an awkward introduction. "H..hi ..uhm I've been watching you guys..Way to sound creepy already.... and I was..uh.mm...wondering if I could join you in your activities? Why can't I spit this pathetic introduction out? I'm not usually this nervous. Is it the high leveled player that's giving me the willies or what? Maybe its that quiet lower high level that's been staring into space since I've been here? He's freaking me out a little. Gesturing to the less high leveled player, " Is that guy okay? He's been gawking at air for quite a while now.."

OOC: Happy Holidays! XD I'm actually at home for Christmas right now until the end of this week, so I'll only be able to post maybe once or twice a day until I head back.

IC:

As Teayre quietly requested Calrex if he could give her a hand with getting around he gave a simple nod of agreement.

"This seems rather odd. I know people can be friendly, but something isn't sitting right. I'll need to be careful."

As he looked over where Raeyliff was looking, he saw another newcomer to the group, giving his introduction to the group.

"Alright, I thought Tyrius' quiet introduction was awkward, but I think this guy's one takes the cake."

Calrex gave a slight shrug as the newcomer asked about Raeyliff' contemplative position. "I'm guessing he's probably thinking about something."

As Celes left, letting the group know where to meet her he gave a nod, "Sounds good, we'll see you there."

He looked over at the newcomer again, "I think we should be fine if you want to join us. I'm Calrex."

"I wonder if anyone needs to do any preparation before we meet up with Celes. I've got nothing but my own gear on me, so I don't need to get ready.

Realizing that they mistook who he was gesturing at, Oikawa pointed at the guy that was not Calrex or Raeyliff.

OOC: Was meaning to gesture towards Sousuke, seeing as he was the second highest level if i read correctly. Also Happy Holidays everyone!

IC:

"I meant this aco taco" he stated as he continued to point. That guy really is creeping me out. What if he passed out standing up? That'd be pretty funny haha! Finally calming down, seeing as no one left was an immediate threat to his health, he relaxed his hand. Continuing the conversation, "Nice to meet you Calrex! You too,  Raeyliff was it? Interesting names. While the one named Calrex seems to be calm and collected, even with a girl draped all over him, however;  the one named Raeyliff seems to be more skeptical and observant more than anything.. Hmm ..seems like good company for now. "Thanks for allowing me to tag along. What exactly are your activities for the day?"

Raeyliff nodded, then yawned and stretched. "Well, see you guys later, I think...". As he walked away he patted the newcomer's shoulder. "We were planning to fight as a group but it seems that we're going to go and get ready first. Maybe you can join Calrex and Tearye and hang out with them, if you'd like.". He walked away, then said "See you guys later." and waved as he went somewhere else. 

Calrex nodded Raeyliff decided to go handle his own business before they met up to start the raid, "Alright see you later."

"Guess that leaves Sousuke,Teayre and the new guy...who hasn't given his name yet I think?"

"Guess that leaves us. Was there anywhere you needed to stop at before we meet up for the raid?"

"Yeah, because I have no idea where I should start. Maybe the new guy has some preparations he makes beforehand which I could keep in mind whenever setting out that may keep me alive."

"My apologies. I didn't introduce myself properly. My name is Oikawa.. Oikawa The Faint" he said as he bowed to all that remained. "As for preparations I suppose we could do a small quest before we go on this raid. From what I heard its pretty easy and it's good for beginners like ourselves." Eyeing the group he hoped his sudden suggestion to party up and quest wouldn't come off as weird or pushy.