[SHOP-F1] Gurando Foji (The Grand Forge) {Rank 9 Smith}

A ping came up on her display in front of her. Screams surrounded the red head as she stood calmly in the Forest of Wavering Mist. Opening them message she had just received Teayre reads through it nodding slowly. “Guess I’d better move then.” Quickly the red head makes her way down to the first floor and to the Gurando Foji. Opening the door she smiles at the shop owner, her guild mate and most importantly her friend. “Hey Kawi-kun.” Teayre greets the blonde, “I got your message sorry it’s taken me a while to get down here.” She took the blade from the stand that Oikawa had placed it on drawing it, the red head smiles. “It’s perfect thanks. Do you think you’d be able to make me a shield at all? I’m finally working on that other build of mine. I trust you to know what enhancements it should need, I’m planning on tanking with it. See ya!” With that Teayre turned her new blade at her hip.

Ketsueki Kanashiki Gained

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Hey Te..."

As Calrex approached the entrance to Oikawa's shop he saw that Teayre had just departed, a new sword at her hip. He had known that his wife had already changed out her equipment, which gave him a small sigh, "The end of sorrowful cries huh? Guess I didn't really see this coming. I guess that katana will just have to sit in the inventory then."

Shaking his head to refocus he entered into the Gurando Foji, giving a wave to his close friend and guildmate, "Hey Oikawa, looks like things are still crazy here, heh. I've got another idea for a equipment set. Let me know if you have any tips for it."

Taking two of custom forms the bluenette began to fill them out.

Spoiler

Name: Grand Ichor
Profession: Blacksmith
ID: Leave Blank
Roll: Leave Blank
Item Type: Katana
Tier: 2
Quality: 
Perfect
Enhancements: +1 DMG / +2 Bleed
Description: A standard-length katana for Calrex's size, and a part of the Ichor Armament. The blade, while standard, has jagged hedge patterns which give it the feeling that even bumping against the blade will inflict pain. While it is apparently unassuming for the most part, there is an inscription written along the back of the blade, "Ichor, even gods can bleed."

Name: Grand Gauntlets: Ichor
ID: Leave Blank
Roll: Leave Blank
Item Type: Gauntlets
Quality: 
Perfect
Enhancements: +2 MIT / +1 Regen
Description: A pair of gauntlets that are a piece of the Ichor Armament. They share the dark blue color scheme of the other variants of the Grand Gauntlets, but has a crest on each part which appears to resonate whenever a blow connects on Calrex, as well as only extending out ontp the back of Calrex's hands, rather than encapsulating the whole like a glove. Engraved on the surface is the sword symbol of the Spectrum Coalition.

Placing them into the pile he gave a smirk, "I think that should be enough gear to take care of most situations now, although I think you've still got the edge with that paralyzing array of yours heh. Let me know how much the damage will be. As well, if you'r ever feeling up for it let me know and we can test our gear and skills out. Can't let ourselves get rusty right?"

However just as he turned to leave, Teayre came into to collect her weapon. Nodding to her, he finally prepared to craft only to stop once more as Calrex walked in. Nodding at the bluenette's remarks about the busy-ness of his store he chuckled. "Seems people are hitting Tier 2 and with the latest update a lot of players seemed to have switched weapons as well. So no complaints here. As far as payment, twelve materials will do. I will be back in a few minutes. Got to craft these items for you and bring my own blacksmith rank up hehe." Edging away from the counter, he grasped the two forms and headed to the back. From there he would begin to craft once again.

ID: 67347 CD: 10 (8+2) [+6 EXP]

ID: 67348 CD: 6 (4+2) [+3 EXP]

ID: 67349 CD: 12 (12+2) [+9 EXP]

Spoiler

Name: Grand Ichor
ID: 67349
Roll: 12
Item Type: Katana
Quality: 
Perfect
Enhancements: +1 DMG / +2 Bleed
Description: A standard-length katana for Calrex's size, and a part of the Ichor Armament. The blade, while standard, has jagged hedge patterns which give it the feeling that even bumping against the blade will inflict pain. While it is apparently unassuming for the most part, there is an inscription written along the back of the blade, "Ichor, even gods can bleed."

ID: 67350 CD: 5 (3+2) [+3 EXP]

ID: 67351 CD: 9 (7+2) [+4 EXP]

ID: 67352 CD: 5 (3+2) [+3 EXP]

ID: 67353 CD: 12 (10+2) [+9 EXP]

Spoiler

Name: Grand Gauntlets: Ichor
ID: 67353
Roll: 12 (10+2)
Item Type: Gauntlets
Quality: 
Perfect
Enhancements: +2 MIT / +1 Regen
Description: A pair of gauntlets that are a piece of the Ichor Armament. They share the dark blue color scheme of the other variants of the Grand Gauntlets, but has a crest on each part which appears to resonate whenever a blow connects on Calrex, as well as only extending out ontp the back of Calrex's hands, rather than encapsulating the whole like a glove. Engraved on the surface is the sword symbol of the Spectrum Coalition.

2432/2560 XP [Rank 9] + 37 = 2467/2560 XP [Rank 9]

[-7 Materials, 38 Materials left.]

Baldur pushed the door back open after getting a message from Oikawa about the swords being forged.

"Hey my friend, I got your message. My new blades are ready, eh?" Baldur ran a hand through his brown hair. "What's the damage gonna be? I was feeling a bit rich after my last run and I ordered a ton of raid stuff. I should have enough Col to get you whatever materials you want for the pair though. I can also sell you however many materials you could want for 400 a piece at my shop now."

Baldur wishes to trade for:
(1) T2 Perfect Katana: Fudoshin 2 slots Damage, 1 slot Bleed
(1) T2 Perfect Katana: Raijinken 2 slots Damage, 1 slot paralyze

Baldur sees a sword, Illian's Might, on the counter with a note. "Huh, Teayre leave this for me to appraise?"

"Geezes man, that turnaround speed of yours, heh."

At the sight of his custom equipment Calrex gave a smirk, nodding in approval, "Awesome man. Thanks again for helping me out with designing these loadouts. Hopefully they'll come in handy for whatever comes our way, at least until we get to third tier."

Swiping on his menu he produced the payment Oikawa had requested, setting them on the desk, "Alright then, best be getting on my way. Got more stuff to be done right? I'll catch you around!"

Looking over as he turned to leave he gave a friendly wave at his other guildmate and mentor, Baldur, as he left, "Hey Bal, I'll catch you around!"

12 Materials Given

Gained Grand Ichor and Grand Gauntlets: Ichor

• 3 weeks later...

The shop hummed with silence as quiet feet shuffled about the room. Shifting from one part of the room to the other, in search of ideas and blueprints from weapons that had never been crafted. Golden tufts bobbed back and forth before finally stopping at the entrance to the furnace as he had finally gathered all the materials and drafts he would need. Setting the planograms on the table, he inspected each item thoroughly before letting a soft grin grow among his features as he took out a material and began to craft. King simply watched as all this took place. With his role being reduced, to mere craft servant, the leopard lounged around the crafting tale more often than not.

ID: 68630 CD: 12 (12+2) [+9 EXP]

Spoiler

Name: Wolf's Bane
ID: 68630
Item Type: One-Handed Dagger
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +2 Paralysis & +1 Damage
Description: A curved dagger with the look of a Lycan's tooth. It's said to induce a paralyzed state if struck with.
Post Link: Here

ID: 68632 CD: 3 (1+2) [+3 EXP]

ID: 68633 CD: 10 (8+2) [+6 EXP]

ID: 68634 CD: 11 (9+2) [+6 EXP]

ID: 68635 CD: 12 (10+2) [+9 EXP]

Spoiler

Name: Arbiter
ID: 68635
Item Type: One-Handed Straight Sword
Enhancements: +6 Damage
Description: A finely crafted long-sword said to decide the fates of its target; most end in death.

ID: 68636 CD: 12 (12+2) [+9 EXP]

Spoiler

Name: Savior
ID: 68636
Item Type: Shield
Enhancements: +28 Thorns & 18 Mitigation
Description: A finely crafted kite shield said to protect the user at all costs.

ID: 68637 CD: 3 (1+2) [+3 EXP]

ID: 68638 CD: 12 (11+2) [+9 EXP]

Spoiler

Name: Savant
ID: 68638
Roll: 12 (11+2)
Item Type: Shield
Enhancements: +14 Thorns & 9 Mitigation
Description: A finely crafted heater shield said to protect the user at all costs.

ID: 68639 CD: 3 (1+2) [+3 EXP]

ID: 68640 CD: 12 (10+2) [+9 EXP]

Spoiler

Name: Maven
ID: 68640
Item Type: One-Handed Straight Sword
Enhancements: +3 Damage
Description: A steel blade engraved with golden embroidery.

2467/2560 XP [Rank 9] + 66 = 2533/2560 XP [Rank 9]

[-10 Materials, 80 Materials left.]

The Grand Forge had changed locations since Lycan last walked through its doors. Having seen Oikawa in the fields that day, the teen was reluctant to visit it again. However, since the Blazing Typhoon took its sweet time hammering out Lycan's order, he needed something to fill in the blanks. He still had the Twin Grips, but the dull thud of fists couldn't match the drag of a blade across flesh and bone. Lycan needed something edged. He purchased Harbinger here, and hoped he'd find another weapon to fit his aesthetic.

The bell chimed as he entered. The heat of the forge and tangy, bitter scent of flux and iron filled his nostrils. The teen looked around for the blonde owner. No where to be found, he assumed the craftsman to be tending to his trade.

Lycan perused the various wares as they lay on walls or display cases. He halted at one in particular, a dagger molded and shaped from the ivory of a massive wolf. Curved, but not overly so, its tip looked pinpoint and edge ever so slightly serrated.

"This one," Lycan murmured.

"How much for this one?!'' he shouted over the roar of the forge.

"Free of charge," worded the blonde as he stepped from the door leading to the forge.

"I haven't much use for col these days and crafting season will pick up within the next couple of floors. So take it and make yourself into something useful," joked the golden smith.

Hovering over his menu, Oikawa sent the trade request to the white-haired youth. Offering the blade for free, despite the salesmen in him begging to have col line his pockets. Shrugging the mental notion off, he watched as the blade de-materialized and re-materialized into Lycan's open palms.

"All yours," he chimed. "Now just promise me you wont shop anywhere else for your smithing needs. I like to keep loyal customers, as I'm sure you like to have swiftly made orders."

Turning on his heels, the blonde offered a wave goodbye as he returned to the back of his shop. He still had plenty of things to craft.

-1 Wolf's Bane

The teen looked to the smith wide eyed as the blade phased into existence in front of him. He nearly dropped it out of surprise, juggling it in the air for a moment before perching a firm grip on the hilt. It felt... right in his hands. Lycan looked from the dagger to the smith in disbelief, his attentions drifting to the orange crystal hovering above Oikawa's head. A mix of gratitude, concern, and confusion twisted the young boy's expression.

"How are you so giving with-- Nevermind." Lycan shook his head with a smile.

"You haven't changed at all," he muttered quietly, accepting the dagger into his inventory. 

"You got it, Oikawa. I'll see you on the front lines in due time."

With an informal salute, Lycan exited the shop.

<+1 Wolf's Bane>

Spoiler

Name: Wolf's Bane
ID: 68630
Item Type: One-Handed Dagger
Enhancements: +2 Paralysis & +1 Damage
Description: A curved dagger with the look of a Lycan's tooth. It's said to induce a paralyzed state if struck with.

Sweat dripped from the brow of the blonde as he sat back and admired his work. Two finely crafted items perfected in under thirty minutes. A feat he had only just grown accustomed to as of late. The usual trial and error used to drag him down, but no longer did he worry about failure. No the blacksmith now only focused on his success and this new mindset proved fruitful when dealing with tricky orders. Polishing the last bit of trim on his armor and the shaft of Arc's spear, Oikawa closed up shop and opted to go inform the necro-spearman that his item was in fact ready for pick up. Taking one last look at the shop, the blonde quickly exited the place of business and headed for the second floor.

ID: 68952 CD: 5 (3+2) [+3 EXP]

ID: 68953 CD: 12 (11+2) [+9 EXP]

Spoiler

Name: Saint's Armor
ID: 68953
Item Type: Heavy Armor Chestplate
Enhancements: +36 Regen & 18 Mitigation
Description: A finely crafted armor used to sustain the user in combat. A blue cross is engraved into the golden metal of the chestplate.

ID: 68954 CD: 3 (1+2) [+3 EXP]

ID: 68955 CD: 5 (3+2) [+3 EXP]

ID: 68956 CD: 11 (9+2) [+6 EXP]

ID: 68957 CD: 6 (4+2) [+3 EXP]

ID: 68958 CD: 6 (4+2) [+3 EXP]

ID: 68959 CD: 5 (3+2) [+3 EXP]

ID: 68960 CD: 10 (8+2) [+6 EXP]

ID: 68961 CD: 12 (11+2) [+9 EXP]

Spoiler

Name: Repeat Offender
ID: 68961
Item Type: Two-Handed Assault Spear
Enhancements: +3 Damage
Description: http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130608205128/finalfantasy/images/b/b4/Type-0_Lance.png

2533/2560 XP [Rank 9] + 48 = 2581/5120 XP [Rank 10]

[-10 Materials, 70 Materials left.]

Arc entered the Grand Forge with a pensive look in his eye. The specs he'd given the man were specific enough, but he had no idea how the weapon would turn out. How would Oikawa have decided to shape the weapon he'd be using for the next few levels, that would help him become stronger? 

The Mercenary was most excited to see what the man would have for him. It was his first spear, and so, he would be thrilled with it no matter how it looked. Part of him hoped for a "cool" aesthetic, though. Not that it mattered, so long as the weapon did what it needed to.

"Good evening, Oikawa," he greeted. It had been several hours since he received the message. He wondered if the man was tired.

Edited by Arc
  • 3 months later...

Juzt had finally made his way back to the shop, knowing that his prepaid order had likely been long since completed. He didn't feel any need to excuse himself for making the blacksmith wait as he paid ahead of time so upon entering the shop, he would speak as if it was a standard pick up. "Evening blacksmith, just here to pick up the kit I ordered." He would wait around to hear what, if anything, the blacksmith had to say before his departure. Upon inspecting the craft, he would find that it fit the bill exactly and his work was flawless as far as Juzt could tell. Opening the door to exit, he'd turn back to the man to acknowledge his gratitude, "Thanks for the mighty fine work, keep it up blacksmith. See ya round, sometime."

+ Steel Bartender Kit

Spoiler

Name: (Steel Bartender Kit)

Profession: (Blacksmith)
ID: (21594)
Roll: (12) [11+1]
Item Type: (Tool)
Quality: (Perfect)
Enhancements: (+1 CD)
Description: (A friendly and easy to use steel bartender kit for the potential bartenders in the making.)