PP - F1 Now to Prepare (Calrex / Oikawa / Teayre)

Take place after OP - F1 Time to Form A Game Plan

After the meeting concluded, Calrex let out a breath in his mind.

"Well, I certainly wasn't expecting so many people to begin talking to me all of a sudden. At least it's much better than having to go searching around for help. Still though...a raid right from the get go? I haven't even gotten a chance to test out any combat yet...

O good lord I hope this isn't a point and click type of combat..."

He was standing at the edge of the plaza, "Well, what to do next is the question? I don't have any preparations to make, so should I twiddle my thumbs in the meantime?"

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"My apologies. I didn't introduce myself properly. My name is Oikawa.. Oikawa The Faint" he said as he bowed to all that remained. "As for preparations I suppose we could do a small quest before we go on this raid. From what I heard its pretty easy and it's good for beginners like ourselves." Eyeing the group he hoped his sudden suggestion to party up and quest wouldn't come off as weird or pushy.

OOC: Would've posted this here first but i replied to the wrong thread :p

After eventually moving her eyes off of Calrex's face, Teayre turns to look at the newcomer, her hands still tracing invisible patterns on the back of Calrex's hand.

"Ooooh A quest sounds good, I'm  by the way, it's nice to meet you Oikawa. I'm still new to the game, I've not even stepped outside the city yet so a small bit of combat sounds good. Just let me know if you'd like me to stop this Cal, my hands always need to keep moving."

Pauses for a moment, going completely still as if thinking.

"Shall we go kill a few boars before we move onto the quest, so we know how each other moves and because I've never fought in this game before? I'm sorry, to be such a pain.. "

Teayre trails off as if she's going to cry again.

"Killing boars sounds like an excellent idea. It will all give us the chance to get acquainted with battle mechanics and each other. Though I suspect some of us don't need much acquainting" he said while winking at Calrex and Teayre. Checking his stats he wondered if he should reveal his true level. If I do they might not like it considering this activity started out as a chance for all the newbies to get together and train. But if I don't and they find out they may not trust me again... hmm I'll play it by ear for now, though I hope I don't wait to long to clue them in. Obviously lost in thought, Oikawa didn't realize that his sudden silence, had given off an awkward vibe. "So about those boars, is everyone down to go kill some?

'Well since Cal, doesn't have any preperations, I've no idea what to do, and you want to kill boars. Killing boars it is!"

Teayre then lets go of Calrex's hand and sets off towards the plaza before stopping and turning around and walking back towards the pair. Whilst bowing her head and shuffling her feet she lets out a sigh. 

"I'm sorry... I just remembered... I don't know the way... Would one of you mind roughly explaining how to fight in this game, as we make our way there... I've read the guide, but there's usually a couple of bits in there not mentioned that you only gain from experience."

Calrex nodded as Teayre and Oikawa started discussing going to practice killing boars. He also made note of the new nickname Teayre decided to start calling him.

"Well, it works since right now I'm the only one with a name that starts with another name, heh. I wonder if there's a player named Calvin around here or something."

He responded to Teayre's comment about her drawing on his hand in a joking tone.

"It's alright for now, although I think when we start fighting I might need that hand for combat."

He looked over at Oikawa, responding to his statement next, "Getting to know our tactics will definitely be helpful. I haven't even tried combat yet, but I hope the system will allow me to use the sword techniques I learned practicing martial arts."

The system seems to be flexible and adapting. I'm a quick learner irl, and I seem to have retained that trait into SAO. SO you may very well have basic martial art skills. As for the direction of the boars follow me. I know a nice little spot for farming pig kills." After saying that, Oikawa gestured for the other two to follow him. Heading out the gates the group prepared to do battle with some measly boars. Man I hope they don't die on my watch, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

Calrex nodded at Oikawa's explanation, understanding that the combat system seems to  fairly intuitive in terms of the mechanics.

"Good, at least it looks like I won't be stuck doing repetitive animations at least. I'll probably need to learn the rest on the fly."

"Well, sounds good to me. Guess the only way to really get the hang is to give it a try."

He motioned to Teayre as he followed after Oikawa out into the fields where the boars spawned. As they got closer Calrex reached over to his sword.

"I'm ready when you guys are. Should we do this one at a time to spot each other?"

"We could go all in, but if this is anything like training Oikawa should probably keep an eye on us so we don't trip up. Even if so, at least he can step in to help us out so we don't get killed."

Giggling before follow Calrex and Oikawa to the boar spawning grounds.

"Well... With any luck I shouldn't land on my face... I hope, Cal you'll watch out for me won't you?"

Flashes a grin at Calrex, teeth bared her eyes widening as she reaches down to draw her curved sword.

"It's not my bokken, but it'll do I suppose." Letting out a sigh, Teayre settles herself into a ready stance.

"So who's going first?"

Calrex looked over at the others as they got ready with their weapons drawn. He nodded in agreement as he observed Teayre's weapon.

"Looks like she opted to go with a curved sword as her starting weapon. Great of slashing, but not as useful in terms of stabbing techniques. Still, every person has their style of combat. To each their own..."

"I guess if no one wants to I can give it a shot. Oikawa, can you keep an eye out in case for some reason things decide to take a turn for the worse?"

"Yeah...I'd rather not die just yet."

Calrex drew his sword and lowered his stance into more of a crouching position, scanning across the boars that were wandering around.

"I don't want to go engaging a bunch of them at once, but I also don't know if this game has an area of detection system. If it does, I wonder if more boars will come and assist if one is under attack."

Looking around at Calrex and Oikawa, Teayre lets out a sigh.

"Guess I'll go then if you guys are hesitating, best way to learn something is to do it yourself."

With that Teayre dashes off towards the nearest boar, her sword glinting in the sunlight. Tightening her grip, she let's out a small breath as she dashes forward and slices down towards the boar, her attacking missing. The boar letting out a snort, flares it's nostrils and charges towards Teayre letting out an almighty squeal as it does so, using the momentum from the missed attack to roll past the boar, narrowly avoiding being cut.

"Whoa]! That was close, Cal get your ass over here damnit!"

Battle Dice: 3
Craft Dice: 9
Loot Dice: 2
Mob Dice: 1

Boar HP = 9/9
Teayre HP = 5/5
Calrex HP = 9/9
Oikawa HP = 15/15

OOC: Uh oh...

ID: 6317

Battle Dice: 2

Calrex nodded in response to Teayre's shout, taking note how her personality seemed to do a slight shift after she engaged the boar in combat. He took note of the boar's close call at hitting Teayre while additionally avoiding her strike in the process.

"Well, it looks like this is going to be interesting battle."

He rushed forward, positioning himself just behind Teayre as he continued sprinting.

"Let's see how the AI handles line of sight. If I pop out from behind her and strike, will it have a lag time in responding to the attack?"

He held his sword in his right hand, readying his sword for a diagonal downwards cut from left to right. As he got to within a two step's distance from Teayre he sprung forward. At the same time the boar appears to be readying a charge. Calrex prepared himself to maneuver out of the way. He brought his sword down as he passed by Teayre, but his sword only cut air. His strike had been an inch too far to the right and cut just above the boar.

"Alright, well this is going to be interesting."

Calrex readied his sword, pointing it towards the boar.

HP List

Boar: 9/9

Teayre: 5/5

Calrex: 9/9

Oikawa: 15/15 (Not yet acted)

• 2 weeks later...

Glancing up Teayre sees Oikawa stood there not doing much before muttering 'Guess it's just Cal and I then. Ah well it's more fun this way.' 

Pushing herself to her feet, Teayre spins before darting pass Calrex taking a slash at the boar but then as she's doing so, she trips falling on her face, spluttering out curses left, right and centre, Teayre ends up on her hands and knees face to face with the boar which flares it's nostrils before twisting it's head sharply catching her in the face leaving a long cut and sending the girl towards Calrex's feet.

Battle: 1
Mob : 7

Teayre: 4/5

Oikawa: 15/15 (Not responded yet)

OOC: Oh my goodness these rolls! XD

IC:

ID: 7119

"Ookay so it looks like we'll need to definitely get acquainted with the system quickly."

As Teayre ended up at Calrex's feet he looked and focused on the boar, readying his sword.

"Teayre's taking the hits right now, and that's not good. I've gotta get its attention towards me."

He gave a soft exhale as he lowered his body. He stepped around Teayre as he kept his sword pointed forward at the boar. In a slow swaying motion he coiled up his body, then sprung forward as he thrust towards the boar's head. He through he was going to hit, but then as his vision refocused it was a couple inches off from a hit once again. He flew past the boar as he slid a few inches to kill his momentum.

"Alright, it looked like I'll need to reconfigure my body's feel for striking. Right now it's like I'm off in triangulation of my strike, probably because I've only practicing outside of a virtual game. Next time around hopefully this works."

HP List

Teayre: 4/9

Seeing Calrex step around her Teayre let out a sigh, "I didn't want to become the person who has to be saved." Spitting before shoving herself to her feet she yells out "Cal we'd better start beating the boar or else, well I guess we'd never find out."

She quickly looks around to make sure it is still just them and the boar, she raises her sword, relax and beings to focus on where the boar is, as she sees it begin to attack Calrex she makes her move. Dashing forward and swinging her sword she lands a blow across the boars read causing it to scream in pain and turn to the side it's tusk only just scraping Calrex's arm.

"Cal are you okay?" she cries seeing her strike push the boar into hitting her party member.

BD: 10

MD: 8

Boar: 5/9 4 damage (1+1+2)

Calrex: 8/9

Oikawa: 15/15

ID: 7132

Calrex readied his sword as he watched Teayre jump in front to try and strike once again, this time scoring a hit on the boar.

"Nice sho...gh!"

He had to skip his thought as he saw the boar go by him, its tusk glancing off his arm as it passed by. He tried to quickly turn and get a strike in as it passed by, but his strike just missed as the point flew just above the highest point of the boar's back. He took a quick step back to ready himself as he looked down at the wound.

"Huh, the wound is definitely there, but it only feels like a scrape. I'm guessing the wounds feel much worse as our damage gets higher. I'd better be careful."

"Yeah I'm fine. Let's take care of this thing, although I think if we do make it out of this we'd better recover before trying anything else."

He brought his sword up to his face, standing sideways, the tip of the blade facing towards the boar.

"Alright focus. I've gotta make these next strikes count. Teayre can only take a few more hits. If she take one more I'd better step in and tank the opponent."

"That's one hit...." glancing up and looking at the health bar of the boar, Teayre realises something "It was a critical hit as well... right we'd better finish this up quick, hopefully get some col and have ice cream, what do you say Cal?"

Jumping back and readying her weapon Teayre darts forward again slashing towards the boar in a motion from her left knee to her right shoulder, she felt the blow connect as she then stopped and froze briefly.

"What's.... What's happenned? I've... frozen..." She blurts out as the boar turns, its eyes wild with bloodlust, suddenly she feels movement back again. Throwing herself into the floor Teayre narrowly avoids the attempt to spear her with its tusks before coughing.

"It seems to have a reactive aggro, Cal be careful"

ID: 7150

Battle Dice: 1

Mob Dice: 7

Calrex observed as Teayre's blow looked like it connected, but his eyes narrowed as he noticed her movement seemed to freeze, then resume as the boar began to move again.

"Reactive aggro? Huh, that's something I don't believe I've dealt with before. In any case going from what the words mean it's gotta be whoever is currently attack is the one the boar is focusing on. Alright then, if that's the case, drawing its attention should be easy."

Calrex rushed forward, closing the distance between him and the boar, holding his sword in the same position. As he got within striking range he snapped his wrist towards his face as his elbow lifted and dropped, the sword rotating over his head and coming down in a diagonal cut from left shoulder to right hip. The strike whizzed by the boar as it turned to face him.

"Alright, now I've got your attention."

The boar charged him once again as Calrex readied to turn aside. As he did his body seemed to remember the glancing blow from him, and decided to remind it of him again. The momentary distraction caused him to temporarily slow his rotation, the boar's tusk glancing off of his hip as he passed by.

Calrex readied his sword, taking a breath to calm his nerves.

"Alright, I've got to make sure to stay on my toes now. Right now I'm still low in level, so I can't treat this as a simple minion. I have to fight it with the same strategy one would use to fight a much tougher opponent. Exercise caution, strike only when able, and already be ready to bug out if need be."

HP List

Boar: 5/9

Calrex: 7/9

OOC: Think I might do the dice first so I don't forget again!!!

BD:7

Seeing the boar turn to face Calrex, Teayre thrust her hands into the ground again, muttering to herself about falling over.

"What was that freezing thing for anyway... I heard rumours about certain abilities freezing you like a sort of cooldown... I'm not sure though, I'll ask Cal after this fight though and see what he knows about them"

"Oi Boar! Your meal is over here!"

A glint coming across her eyes whilst she said this, then readjusting her sword grip, she looked up and catching Calrex's eyes. bellowed

"It's time to end this Cal!"

Darting forwards she swung at the boar catching it along the side again.

"Yes! Another hit! a few more and it'll be over. Then Cal you're treating me to Ice Cream!"

Boar: 3/9  2(1base +1skill)

Calrex 7/9

Oikawa 15/15

ID: 7218

Battle Dice: 5

Mob Dice: 10 (Aw man!)

Calrex smirked in response to Teayre's attack, readying one of his own.

"Looks like Teayre's getting a grasp of the system. I'll really need to pull myself together."

He quickly contemplated the past few strikes and their misses, noting each one about where his mind was telling him the strike was going compared to where it actually went. He noticed that there was some diversion from what his mind thought, trying to compensate for it.

"Alright then, let's give this a shot. Here we go..."

Calrex rushed forward, readying his strike. The boar was focused on Teayre, which Calrex thought meant it had changed its targeting.

This turned out to be a mistake. As Calrex swung his sword, he felt a strong impact to his gut as the boar full force slammed into him. The force of the strike sent him flying a good distance, rolling a few times before the momentum gave way. He was on his back for a good few second before he pushed himself to his feet, checking his health.

"Geezes that was a strong hit. Alright, it looks like it doesn't matter who manages to get a strike. The opponent's targeting system might be set for either distance or cycling depending on the players. I can't take more hits like that, or I'll be toast."

He straightened himself, readying his sword in a defensive position.

HP List

Boar: 3/9

Teayre 4/5

Calrex: 4/9