PP - F1 Now to Prepare (Calrex / Oikawa / Teayre)

Sitting back up, letting out a sigh before composing her and wiping her cheeks dry.

"Some pkers do sound like a nasty piece of work, but there should be a reason for each... No matter how flawed. What about your Senpai, Oikawa how did he become a pker?"

Finishing off her sundae, she begins to suck on the spoon for a while lost in thought before flicking her hand in front of her to bring up the menu. 

"Wow looks like I missed a level up..." muttering to herself and quickly allocating her earned experience.

"Right, if we want to get gear and stuff I'll take you up on that offer Oikawa, however as I do not have anything to my name at the moment, another boar just so we can definitely become a bit more used to the combat system before we take a quest in my personal opinion, then again what quest did you have in mind?"

"If it's a killing quest, we can skip killing the boar or even if it's not we could just kill a mob on the way to do it... Knowing this game we'd have to kill something along the way though."

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm up for either, but I am interested in what quest you are referring to Oikawa."

Calrex placed his utensils in their respective places to show that he was finished with his ice cream, leaning back into the seat as they continued speaking.

"So that's what he meant. Hm, then it would be difficult to determine how many people a person has killed going by just the color of their crystal. That may prove to be hindering, because someone who has killed more players is more likely to have a further broken or twisted psyche and/or a more refined technique to killing. However, there may be those that have more reasonable meaning for their deaths. I wonder if there's even players that are targeting player-killers..."

"Also thanks as well for the offer Oikawa, I'll be sure to look into your shop as well."

With that Calrex leaned forward and propped his elbows on the table, "Well, I'm ready whenever you guys are."

"I could definitely use some more practice."

Reclining in his seat, Oikawa spoke. "I haven't yet asked Keith how and why he became a PK. I figure it may be for personal reasons, so i leave it alone. As for the questing I mentioned, have either of you heard of the <Secret Medicine of the Forest (Quest)? Only one of us, so one of you will be able to claim the weapon reward however we will all gain 2 skill points. One for completing the quest and one as a reward from the quest itself."

Calling the waiter over, Oikawa gave him a tip and continued. "Don't you guys worry about payment for the weapons or armor. Just stop buy and you both can have 1 Uncommon armor or weapon free of charge. However donations of mats or materials are welcome" he said with a giant cheesy grin.

"So it's up to you two. We can go battle some boars and wolves for some easy grinding, or we can go to the forest and battle some nasty plant creatures and gain some XP and a weapon? What will it be?" He looked at both and awaited an answer. 

Pausing for moment, resting her chin on her hands Teayre ponders what she'd rather do.

"Let's go for the quest, we get to kill a few things and there's loot and skill points, what we can do is roll to see who get's the quest reward if you like then it's fair between all of us."

Picking up her spoon, she begins to suck it then beckons the waiter over,

"Could I get the same again please? Wait make it a one with everything sundae if you could"

After the waiter heads off to prepare the sundae, Teayre looks her two acquaintances.

"This is definitely more then I've ever had in real life... I wonder why they're being so nice. Perhaps... I could ask them... Maybe..."

"Guys, it might sound a bit weird but how come you're being all nice and that?"

"Well then it's majority vote then, let's do the quest."

A few seconds after the waiter left Teayre asked an interesting question.

"I guess she's right to be skeptical. The virtual world doesn't exactly have the same rules as the real world, including social intricacies. Of course, with the way things are it's also possible that this is just a mirror of the way the real world is."

He looked over at Teayre, his eyes scanning to see if there was any hidden meaning to her words, of course more than just the obvious point.

"I wonder if I was on the mark when I suspected she might have some trouble in the past. In any case I'll just respond honestly to the question, since I definitely don't have an ulterior motive to my actions."

"Hm, I've not really been asked that before. I figured that if we're all stuck in this world and are trying to get out that we would benefit more from working together cooperatively than trying to go against each other."

"...and to add a little flare..."

He followed by putting a hand behind his neck, "Besides, being a jerk comes with some serious social baggage, doesn't it?"

"Ahh glad it was unanimous!" Oikawa was starting to get up, when suddenly Teayre asked a peculiar question. Cal was the first to respond. I mean I guess I don't blame her for wondering. In any other place, Cal and I's behavior would be deemed too nice. He politely waited for Cal to finish and added on to what was already said. "Like Cal, I believe its better we work together, rather than leave one alone left to die. " He eyed both of them and stood. "I consider you guys my comrades, hell even my friends. And I'd never let anything come close to killing you again. You have my word as a warrior and gentleman." Heading for the door, he shouted one last thing. "Meet me at the entrance to the city, we'll party up there and make our way to the forest." With that he left.

Teayre glanced towards Calrex as she felt him watching her, listening to both responses she slowly begins to nod.

"That makes sense, gives us all some security then."

"Hmmm, Cal is watching me carefully it feels as if he's searching for something..."

Letting out a sigh as Oikawa heads off she waves a hand in farewell, turning her full attention to Calrex, drawing her eyes to face his.

"What are you looking for? If you ask rather than guess and make assumptions I might be able to help."

After speaking, Teayre tucks into her sundae finishing it off in a record time, before patting her belly and resting her head on her hands gazing at Calrex.

After Oikawa departed Teayre turned her attention to him, asking if he was searching for something.

"I guess my thought process reflected in my face somehow. Oops."

He watched as she blazed through her sundae, his eyes widening for a second in surprise before he settled himself.

"Well, if she's asking that probably means I can be more straight about this then."

"I can't really say I'm looking for something, more just a question that's been on my mind."

Calrex rested his elbows on the table, interlocking his hands and resting his head on them, "I'm not always the best judge of character, and I may have just started in this world, but the way things are going...your question just raised one for me. Has something happened in your past, before this game?"

"I'm no major in psychology or anything...but it really does seem like she's not trusting Oikawa or me to the fullest just yet. Usually, especially in situations like this, it can go either way. People could be completely untrusting or anyone, expecting them to take advantage of them. There's also the opposite end of the scale, where you trust anyone who even talks to you. I wonder where Teayre falls in that range."

Calrex turned his head to face her as he let his thoughts run through his mind.

"In order to trust someone, there is a risk involved. I wonder if this game is causing more or less people to take that risk."

Chuckling to herself "My past? A lot has happened in my past, or not a lot you could say."

Pausing for a second, looking thoughtfully at Calrex.

"It's now or never, do I take this leap of faith or not...."

"Rather than tell you my entire life story I'll keep it simple, you're the first person to hold their hand out to me, Cal... I just... Don't understand why."

Leaning back in her chair Teayre keeps eye contact with Calrex, whilst folding her arms.

Calrex smirked at Teayre's response to his question, "I guess I didn't word that question the way I think I did."

When Teayre explained that she didn't understand why he held out his hand to her Calrex pondered it for a second, not because he was wondering why, but because why she was asking why.

"Hm, I don't think I've ever heard that question asked before. Why would you not help someone up after they've fallen?...Maybe I shouldn't ponder this too much."

"To be honest, there really wasn't a reason in mind. You tripped and fell down, so I wanted to give you a hand getting back up."

He put a hand behind his head in confusion, "Is that something out of the ordinary to do?"

"Apparently not, before it's always been pushing me down or worse before, that's why I'm curious... In short it's always been pain in my past from so called 'friends' even my family...."

Clasping a hand over her mouth, with a small scream coming out.

"Oh god, what have I said..."

Hugging her knees again Teayre begins to sob,

"Why... Why did I tell him, he's just pixels.... He can't be real, he can't be nice so why... why is he being so nice to me.... It must be fake... It must be... Everyone has always wanted to hurt me in the past so why... why... Wait no not everyone, my sister...."

Quietly Teayre let's out a small word in between gasps of breath "Sis..."

"Looks like I might have been right on the mark..."

Calrex nodded as Teayre went into a feeble position. He extended a hand and placed it on her shoulder for comfort, "I see. I'm sorry that I pried about it."

"Sis...guess that means Teayre had a sister, or some sort of sister figure. I wonder if she's an exception and was actually kind to her...well I'll let the through pass for now. Right now I've gotta comfort her."

He gave the hand on her shoulder a small squeeze to show that he was there for her. At that point he figured it would be better for Teayre to calm and collect herself at her own pace before they decided to head out.

"We've gotta make sure our minds don't get distracted in the heat of battle. It might spell the death of us should that happen."

"it's... It's fine..."

Feeling Cal's hand on her shoulder Teayre places her own hand over it.

"I've never told anyone about it before... They... They never believed me.... I'm sorry Cal, it's painful"

Flashing a small smile at Calrex amidst her tear strewn face,  before tugging on his arm gently and slowly lowering her head.

"I'm sorry if it's forward... but could you.. could you hold me please?"

"Yeah, that's perfectly fine. Whenever you're ready to talk, I'll be here to listen. But let's get that quest taken care of."

"I guess even nowadays it can still be considered absurd to even think that domestic abuse can exist."

Calrex gave a nod and stood up from the seat, "Was there anywhere you needed to go before we met back up with Oikawa? I have no clues about the stores around here, so I'm fine with making due with the equipment I've got on me."

Oikawa grew anxious. The other two hadn't arrived yet  and he was beginning to worry. I guess I'll check up on them. Maybe theyre still hanging around the cafe. Taking off back towards Starlight Cafe, Oikawa hoped the other two hadn't got lost or something. Rounding a few corners the familiar sight of the cafe came into view. Bursting through the doors, he realized his hunch was right as the two were still at the cafe.

Calrex looked like he was just getting ready to go. Approaching them, Oikawa asked them what had been taking so long. "Now normally I'm not impatient but you two sure no how to take your time haha. What's the hold up? Wait were you two talking about me? Behind my back?" He made a sad face and moved closer towards the door. "I thought...we..were friends.." he muttered through pouted lips.

"Kawa, it wasn't you... Cal was asking... asking about my past, I noticed something just before you left I asked him about."

Looks up at Oikawa, a small smile showing on her face, her eyes glistening from the tears earlier.

"I'm sorry, that we made you wait and hurt you. You guys are the closest I've ever had to friends, It really makes me happy."

Calrex couldn't help but smirk to Teayre's response to Oikawa's act, "Don't worry too much Teayre."

He walked over to Oikawa and gave him a solid pat on the back, "He's just messing around. But yeah, sorry for the delay. I believe we're all set to go."

He put his hands in his pockets as he turned around to Teayre, "Did anyone need to make any stops beforehand though?"

"I wonder what this quest is going to entail...well...more than just the normal killing of monsters. I just hope my body will finally sync correctly and I can actually score a hit."

Teayre was the first to respond to his little dramatization. "Ah I see." After pretending to be in thought for a bit, Oikawa spoke. "Well I guess I can forgive your tardiness then" Flashing his usual grin, he turned as Calrex came and patted him on the back. "Oh you see right through me huh Cal?" Laughing a bit, he straightened up and prepared to leave once again.

"Well if ya'll are ready let's head out. I have zero stops to make. Do y'all?" Heading towards the door, Oikawa paused as he waited for the other two to follow. 

"I don't think there's anything I need to do..."

Slowly getting up from the table she dries her face. On her way towards the door she stops for a second before giving Calrex a quick hug, then darts out shouting behind her.

"I'll meet you guys at the entrance!"

Once she arrived at the entrance to Starting City,  Teayre sits herself down and sighs.

"It looks like he doesn't want to hurt me... I'm glad."

Voicing aloud her thoughts she begins rambling,

"Sis... I wonder if you're okay? Hopefully these guys and I will be able to complete the game... If we do ever... No, when we get out depending on how things go I might see if they want to meet... I could introduce them to you if you want sis..."

Calrex looked as Teayre went out the door, "Hope she's gonna be alright. The way she reacted..."

Deciding to let the through leave his mind he turned to face Oikawa, crossing his arms, "Well, I'm all set. Should we get heading for the gate then?"

"My first quest...hopefully it doesn't go like the battle went... If I survive this, and the raid Celes is planning, I think there just might be a chance of me making it out of this alive."