(PP-F8) {Wynter and Asen}

Wynter wanders around the big town of floor 8. She's been looking for someone to party up with permanently but so far she's had no luck so she's looking in some of the less obvious places like Alleyways and abandoned buildings but so far that's only found her a lot of danger and uneasy feelings. However, she didn't want to stop looking. The loneliness has gotten worse and its leading to worse emotions such as anxiety and depression.

She stopped at a bench and sat down burying her head in her hands with a heavy sigh. "I can't do this... I'm never going to find a suitable party." Her voice cracks and tears start welling up in her eyes. She wipes them quickly reminding herself to stay strong, so nobody else would see.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"You know tears should be shed of joy not by sadness." A voice spoke to her that sounded like a male though it was coming from above her. Sitting on the ledge of the roof of the building as what appears to be a young looking man about late teen at best wearing a trench coat that had a black wool collar that kind of gives him the cool aura. His gem is not above his head for some reason, so it'll be rather difficult on what he is at first glance. He also wore a pair of boots that looks to be leather with a stained white shirt that needs some repairs to it. Laying on his lap was a sword whose hilt was wrapped in a black leather strap that's studded with brass that give's off a orange hue thanks to the sunlight. In his right hand was a twirling pick that looked like a stinger of some kind while in his left was a green apple that he was casually eating. His silvery short hair highlighted with a streak of black on the tips blowing softly with the wind as it gently blows through them.

She looked up at the voice coming from he edge of a rooftop. "Yeah, well that's not very easy in a place and time like this. Don't you think?" She looked back to the ground. His demeanor was very calm but that's anything but what she was. How could he act so relaxed? Then again judging by the looks of him he's pretty experienced and probably doesn't have much to worry about.

He shrugged his shoulders as he takes another bite of his apple. "That really depends on you, but eh. That's just my opinion anyways." He admits to her as he slips the stinger into one of the slots strapped to high right thigh. "This isn't exactly the place for that kind of stuff anyways. At least not from my prospective anyways." With that being said he slips his sword under his belt of his left side of his hip and takes the last bite out of the apple as it shatters like glass in his hands. Besides he only came to this town to get some supplies, since the monsters out here are a lot tougher than the ones on the lower floors like five or two.

I stand up. "Excuse me for being rude but..." I use the buildings around me to get to the top of the roof he was on using a series of flips. "Who are you exactly?" I look at him now only less than a foot away from him. He could get a better look at me now with my red hair and bright blue peircing eyes. I wore a light red cloak over a black shirt. My one-handed straight sword was in the sheath on my hip.

He raised his brow at her when she practically flipped her way up to where he was at. He simply shrugged his shoulders as he lets his left hand rest on the pommel of his sword which was slightly curved. "What would you do if I did tell you my name?" He asked her with a slight hint of tease in his tone, though he's also not so sure that if he should tell her. Not because that she's a player or that she's weak. He's thinking about future wise since he's had a rather... unique journey to say the least. "Either way, the name's Asen. Care if I ask you the same thing?"

"Your name, since I told you mine." He pointed out as he still had the calm expression about him. Even though he probably should be blushing even a little on how close they were. His eyes were a bit those of who analyzes everything, yet still radiated the same calming vibe. 'Seems like she's not one of them.' He thought to himself as normally when he introduces himself most players would attack him on sight for the large bounty that's on his head. However, he hasn't encounter those type of players in a while so he can only assume that he and any others that's come in contact with him are safe for now. Especially this young girl standing before him.

Wynter pauses. "Wait..." The name sounded so familiar. Then again it was probably just a friend of some of the people she is friends with but she swore it really stood out. Not in like a red flag kinda way, but more neon yellow. She told herself to keep that in mind just in case something happens later. "I'm Wynter."

"Wynter eh?" For some reason he had a terrible joke formed in his mind but he refused to let the mischief slip past his calming surface. Though he was a bit concerned when she said wait, but he dismissed it since she seemed to be quite curious about something. At least that's what she appears to be in his eyes. "Well it's a pleasure to meet you, would you mind telling me what the waterworks was for? At least just the basic term." He asked out of concerned though he still had a hint of a smile on his face.

She sighs and nods. "Well," she starts and sits down, dangling her legs off the roof, "every partner I've had has left and it's hard surviving. Considering that I'm at a pretty low level...well I'm scared." She whispers the last part. "And in the real world I've never really been one for friends and never got lonely but in here I'm feeling what it is and I don't like it. I hate being alone like this."

"Hm..." He rubs the back of his neck as he kneels on the ledge placing one hand on the edge to make sure he doesn't fall over. "Well sometimes it's best to be alone than hanging around with the wrong crowd. But I get where you're coming from." He admits as he can recall when this death game started. Though he probably was one of the most calm minded at the time, deep down he remembered how scared he really was at first. But after many hardships he kind of just got used to it and adapted to what's happening to him. "Being alone is never fun though, because then no one will be able to hear your jokes or when you laugh."

"I just want someone who would stay by my side. Not even as a party member only but as a companion and best friend. Someone who would be here for me, someone to laugh with." She sighs and stares at her legs. "I thought I had someone so many times but they all just fell away." She didn't realize she was crying again until a tear dropped onto her leg. "I'm sorry, I'm probably taking up your time." She stood up.

He was listening to her the whole time, but he laughed when she said that she was taking up his time. "Taking up my time? Who would call this a waste of time listening to someone who's clearly in need of some help?" He lifts his feet off the ground so that he could plop on his hunches next to her. "Besides i'm not really in any hurry." Plus he has a slight weak spot for attractive girls though he won't admit it. Still keeping his cursor hidden since his status would send a red flag to everyone around here including her.

"Anytime." Asen spoke as his smile gets a little wider for a brief moment before he takes a deep breath and looks away to look at the nightly sky. He enjoyed watching the stars, it kind of gives off a mystical feeling to him. Especially with the full moon out, as it shines down its eerie yet beautiful light upon the them. "It would've been a waste fighting in a night like this. Granted I kind of figured most of the players would stay in doors or at the inn at this hour."

She swallows a lump in her throat. "Yeah...hehe." She smiles and laughs nervously, rubbing the back of her head. She looked off to the side. "I-I guess you're right, Asen." The truth was that she was in such bad shape she hadn't eaten in 2 days and didn't even have enough money for the cheapest in so she resorts to sleeping on benches, but she couldn't tell him that.

"Well, I suppose everyone likes to stay up late like me. Of course then again I prefer to sleep outside anyways." He stated as he swipes open his menu and scans through his inventory which was a lot of stuff. Mainly materials and some food ingredients, however he takes out two green apples and winds up handing one of them to Wynter. "Here, you can call it like a treaty of friendship or whatever you want to call it." Though as he said it his cheeks grows slightly warm. It's not really rare that he's nice, in fact he's nice to just about anyone except for a certain group of people.

He smiles as he closed his eyes for a moment. "Nah, don't worry about it. I kind of bought a whole bunch on my stay here. Got a whole week's worth of them plus some other food items." He explained as he takes a bite into it. Green apples are also his favorite fruit to eat, mainly because he likes the sweet and tangy flavor in them. Which now that he thinks about it he wouldn't be surprised if his little sister got it from him since he pretty much can go through a whole can of sour candy in a day if they let him.