So the Health formula is 2 x level + 3. Starting would be 5 and when you reach 30 your health is 63. So then when you are level 93 the health would be 189? This seems very low for the game when according to the wiki at level 93 (the end of the arc SAO) Kirito had health of 18500. Now I know Kirito even admitted to him being overpowered and the game making higher levels overpowered, but it seems this formula makes characters and MOBs very weak for any standard MMO or game in general. So why was this set?

Same goes to attacks and such, it seems no matter what level you are, you are weaker than a beginner in any other game.

because this system is different. We use a dice based system here.
SAO RP is it's own system and devices with its own HP and battle damages which the GMs have worked hard on.

It's all relative; within SAO so harder monsters have more HP and hit harder; in the future there may be updates from the GMs that give you increased SP or skills, but for now it works out really well within the site.

because this system is different. We use a dice based system here.

SAO RP is it's own system and devices with its own HP and battle damages which the GMs have worked hard on.

It's all relative; within SAO so harder monsters have more HP and hit harder; in the future there may be updates from the GMs that give you increased SP or skills, but for now it works out really well within the site.

So it is more of a starter formula? Interesting. I was mainly just curious as it seemed low, but the bosses and such match the level progression, but still.

OK;

So its sort of like comparing games. I'll use Final Fantasy as a reference as many people are familar with that.

It's like comparing FF12's battle style with FF7's and complaining or having an issue that they are not the same mechanics. 

Despite the fact that they both are stand-alone games and can be played independently of each other and they don'f affect each other in any way.

The same could be said with comparing our stats with the stats of other forums, or even the actual SAO anime itself. They, whilst based on the same world of SAO are all independent of each other and thus will all have their own mechanics, their own stats, fighting styles, and their own way of working. 

SAO is a text based dice RP. I've had a few sites similar to this, and they all have similar stats, perhaps its just with the dice system thing.

As it stands, this is what we have; as players clear floors and bosses get tougher; and people gain more levels things may be tweaked in the future. Things might be added. It may seem low in comparison to other sites, but those sites, they are not SAO RP. 

So there isn't exactly a big need to compare the two and wonder why they work differently, despite being different entities. Each site and community have their own way, style, fashion etc. of working with various different rules, ideas and forum software and plug ins. What we have here, is what is currently working for us.

Of course if you have any suggestion for improvements staff are always willing to hear.

Mind if I poke my head into this? This formula... it's a set formula to give us the players of SAO-RPG a determined value of the HP in the Site. If it were like SAO in the Anime, and Damage was the same then it would be unfair and unbalanced. And this is not SAO the Anime this is SAO-RPG.com, there is no real connection other than oh look theres Kirito, oh look Asuna, or Agil, this is a sure fire way to understand the HP we are given, I understand it completely and even found this out in a matter of minutes. If you are having trouble finding the calculations heres something... whatever your previous HP was, add two to it, that's how you don't mess up. And Damage by far is great, there is nothing we need to do to this system, I understand it all completely and clearly, if you don't then ask someone who does, I'm sure they will help you out.

Not to add argument, but if math were the issue you could just set the health. Level one is 100 and it goes up by 100 or 50 after that.

The anime was unbalanced, I apologize, but I covered that in the first post. I guess my point is this: say you are level 53 and in an intense boss battle and you use a powerful attack. You want that attack to really mean something, but in reality that powerful attack only does 9 damage. Sure, in light of low HP of you and the MOB that still knocks a good amount of health off, but it still would only make you feel like you were fighting with sticks and stones instead of swords and spears.

My point is more about appeal. You want to provide players with appeal and people want to be strong and pump out those awesome hard hitting combos, that is why SAO is successful as an anime when the story is very lose and has so many flaws and the characters are so unstable. The combat is powerful and awesome to watch.

When I joined I hoped there was no Kirito since he is basically a godmod ( though picture wise there is like 100 Kirito and asunas.) I did want to make a character that through hard work and determination became powerful and a great knight, but all my reading and studying of this site it seems the appeal of becoming strong is not there. It is more like kingdom hearts and the kids playing with their wooden swords.

I am not trying to get you guys to change YOUR site, just pointing it out. As sherlock would say, food for thought.

Not to add argument, but if math were the issue you could just set the health. Level one is 100 and it goes up by 100 or 50 after that.

The anime was unbalanced, I apologize, but I covered that in the first post. I guess my point is this: say you are level 53 and in an intense boss battle and you use a powerful attack. You want that attack to really mean something, but in reality that powerful attack only does 9 damage. Sure, in light of low HP of you and the MOB that still knocks a good amount of health off, but it still would only make you feel like you were fighting with sticks and stones instead of swords and spears.

My point is more about appeal. You want to provide players with appeal and people want to be strong and pump out those awesome hard hitting combos, that is why SAO is successful as an anime when the story is very lose and has so many flaws and the characters are so unstable. The combat is powerful and awesome to watch.

When I joined I hoped there was no Kirito since he is basically a godmod ( though picture wise there is like 100 Kirito and asunas.) I did want to make a character that through hard work and determination became powerful and a great knight, but all my reading and studying of this site it seems the appeal of becoming strong is not there. It is more like kingdom hearts and the kids playing with their wooden swords.

I am not trying to get you guys to change YOUR site, just pointing it out. As sherlock would say, food for thought.

Okay okay, actually your wrong about the Damage output here. Player can do more if you have factors in, if your weapon skill is at a Grandmaster rank you do 6 points of damage, and if you roll a natural Hyper critical, that 3 including the 6 so 0, but add a weapon with plus 3, thats 12, and finally add the Athletics and your total damage is 13. The most unholy of numbers next to the triple 6 number.

I, too, was surprised about the low HP, but everything is appropriate, so it doesn't bother me. You could use the same formula, but multiply HP and Damage by 100, so a level 1 player would have 500 HP, and a mob would hit for 100, doing basically the same amount of damage. I only really matters if you like 0's

The only thing that REALLY stood out to me about HP is this rule where in order for a monster to count, it's HP has to be half of the highest HP character in the game.

Character HP is (level x2)+3, which is going to give you odd numbers.

But if you did (level x2)+4, then you would always have even numbers.

This changes with items and what not, it's just easier when you're lower level to divide an even number in half, rather than an odd number and figure out if you round up or now.

That's nit picking though :P

We also must keep in mind that Kirito had things like "The Cloak of Midnight" and major buffs that gave him a bunch of HP and recovery skills-- or at least that's how I thought of it. The health on this in my opinion is pretty cool because the higher the level the higher the hp! Though players on this site who focus on power could easily take on Kiru right now I still approve of the system we have~ 

Oh and the formula is easy for me to understand! (Haha surprise, I'm pretty absent-minded)