[PP-F4] Avalanche!

He seemed to get the message loud and clear as he began to follow suit, eventually catching up and walking side by side with her. He began fumbling through his words, trying to find the right way to apologize for what he said. He offered to make a campfire before they made it to the boss, assuming that Red had pulled up her hood and had her lip trembling because of the cold. However, he made one critical error in his words. It took a few minutes of silence before she broke, "Like that? What do you-" She choked on her words, finding herself growing upset over something so easily, "What do you mean by that?" She pulled off her hood so that she could stare him dead in the eyes, "How could you say something like that?" Her eyes were teary and her lip was quivering as she tried to hold it in, "Who are you to say you know what it's like to go through the things I have?" He hadn't experienced each day of anguish of not feeling capable of doing anything to save himself, "You're right, y-you..." She struggled to say the end of the statement, having not had the chance to say something so offensive in the last three years, "You really are a-a... a douche!" She ran ahead, tears starting to break through the wall she had built up for so long.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He heard Red saying some things that made him think what he said.. "Wait Red.. I didn't mean it like tha-" he couldn't end his sentence as he heard Red saying he is a douche then run off with tears in her eyes... "Wait.. Red !" He said as he started running after you thinking about what she said earlier....." Who are you to say you know what it's like to go through the things I have?... Wh... What was up with that...What happened to her...?" That was just last thought about what she said .. He needed to concentrate on running so he could catch up.."Red ! Wait please... Let me explain...please.. I didn't mean it like that !" He said as he kept running faster and faster until he catched up with her..As he catched up with her and said on a low tone.. "Please Red... Stop..." As he slowed down which each step he took...

She could hear him call after her as she bolted off, pleading one more time that he hadn't meant it. She didn't care what he had to say after hearing him so easily brush off all that she had been through. While he hadn't meant to offend her in any way, Red was a rather fragile girl. She has gone through many troublesome times throughout her life, most of which weren't pleasant in between those periods, but for someone to... She gulped hard, I'm not going to let him see me cry... Nobody has seen me cry since the orphanage... It had been nearly four years since she left all those that truly cared for her, the ones that she was blessed enough to call her friends. She hadn't had anyone to lean on since then. Nobody to hear her screaming for help, crying out in pain, or sniffling as she drowned in fear. For someone to say that they know what that was like crushed her heart, there was no way that she could be as carefree as Kosan after all that she had been through. The overwhelming volume of the pulsing beat of her heart started to fade out as she heard the footsteps slow down behind her and the boy asking her to stop for one last time. She could only think to run, never having been given the option to face what was coming to her or running from what she feared. She slowed down a little... she didn't fear him, did she? She eventually came to a halt, a good ten meters ahead of Kosan, but she didn't turn around. She didn't say anything. This was Kosan's last chance to remove all doubt from her mind, be it for better or worse.

"Hey..." Kosan said to Red as he saw her stop at at least 10 meters away from him .."Sorry... You probably had a hard life... I didnt knew... What I said was meant like... I wasn't the best player..nah.. I was a hopeless fighter when I started playing.. Until someone who helped me understand the game.. I know I can be a douche sometimes... And I apologize.. I repeat.. I didn't mean it in that way... I just... Understand how it is to be new to a game... If you feel like telling me what happened before you joined... What made you angry... It would be awesome... If not.. I tottaly understand you..." He said as he stopped to breathe a little... "So please forgive me Red... I didn't mean it to sound like that..." He said as he stood there waiting for an answer.. The girl didn't turned with her face towards him... She was basically staying with the back at him... She probably ignored him , but he told everything he felt like it was important...

She took a deep breath in, closed her eyes, and let it out. Her mind was so cloudy that it was hard to focus on the words that were directed at her, but the deep breathing relieved it enough so that she could hear him. He began talking about how he wasn't the best fighter, in fact, hopeless much like she had been. She understood what he was trying to say and it hurt to know that even in a world where she could have the chance to fend for herself, she was still just as hopeless as before. She wasn't strong like Kosan. She wasn't mindful as Luci. She wasn't nice like Tyger. She was nothing more than a pitiful shell of a person that had long since died out, leaving behind only the torment and pain she had endured for those long years. She opened her eyes and looked down, seeing the droplets creating little specks on the rocks beneath her, remembering the soaked pillow that she had to sleep with at night through the living hell and corrupted nightmares. It was all too much for one person to contain, too much for one person to carry on their shoulders, too much for one to endure on their own. She slumped down on her knees and began to cry as she placed her face in her hands. She couldn't speak, but she knew what she wanted to say. If you really do understand, help me... Save me... Please... All she wanted was for someone to reach down and pull her out of the pit that she had been buried in. It was suffocating her and eventually, it would swallow her whole.

As he sat there he saw Red collapsing on her knees... "Hey !" He said as he sprinted there.."Red... " he said as he sat down beside her... He just put an arm around her.."I am here you know... You can tell me everything.. I will help you... Don't keep things locked up..." He added hearing her crying.. "We can do the quest a little bit later... Let's get some rest here.. How is that ..?" He asked her .. "And as I told you before... I am here just for you okay..?" He added.. He couldn't stand a girl crying.

She could hear him call out in worry as she collapsed to the ground, followed by the tip tapping of his shoes as he ran to check on her. She felt the slight vibration in the rock as he kneeled next to her and gulped as he said her name, almost as if the word 'red' formed a lump in her throat. That wasn't even her name... He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and a sudden flurry of responses surged through her. I don't want to be touched... It's so warm... I'm so cold... Why? She gritted her teeth and pushed him away, she didn't want to be touched, "Don't... Don't t-touch me." It was such a heartless thing to do. The only one that had ever touched her had been one that abused her. He made her suffer. It hurt to make contact. Even simple things like handshakes were enough to make chills go down her spine. Red didn't run or cover her ears like she had done time and time before, she was giving him the chance to say what he had to say. He wanted to be there for her, guide her and protect her. She wasn't sure if she wanted it, especially after how he had made her feel. However, she hoped she hadn't hurt him. There was enough of that already. She nodded her head, speaking between the short spurts of air, "I-I think... that'd b-be a... good idea." Her mind and heart ached; she could use a nap, even a short one.

As Kosan heard Red saying to do not touch her Kosan said on a low tone.."Sorry I ... I don't want to see you cry Red.. " .. She added it was a good idea to make a pause ... "Okay.. Come .." He said as he got up and waited for her to get up as well.. " We will go there .." He said as he pointed at a small cave that was in that forest.. " if you want I can stay outside... I don't mind..." He added... " Come.. At least I should make a fire and give you something to sleep on..." He added as he started breaking some branches from the trees that were smaller...

(Don't worry Luci )

He said he didn't want to see her cry, but he was the one that started all of this. If he wanted her to stop, he shouldn't have pushed her over the edge. It was his- She felt a pain deep inside her chest, though this time she couldn't tell if it was something to really worry about. She stood up slowly, taking in short breaths of air. Her message must have gotten across since he didn't offer her a hand, but that was a good thing. Red didn't want to be touched. She didn't want to be supported either, but she had to learn that it was okay to ask for help. This was a good first step for her, but she was still hesitant about it. She made her way into the cave, not waiting for Kosan to enter or check things out. She knew he was gathering kindling for a fire and she was grateful for it, but she didn't trust her voice to hold up well enough to say it. She sat down on a rock and leaned against the wall, the cloth of the hood making it not as uncomfortable as it might seem. It was cold, but she was tired. She'd was beginning to fall asleep rather quickly and would be completely out before Kosan returned, but she let out a faint whisper as she went under, "T-thank you..."

Kosan finished breaking enough twigs and things to make a fire he headed to the cave where he saw Red sleeping.. "She must've been really tired.." He said to himself as he got closer to her and sat on his knees to start a fire.. After he started it , he got up and unequipped his coat and covered Red with it.. This was she will be warmer.. Then he got his old carpet he used to carry around in case he went to watch the stars and put it on the groud.. He then laid down on it with the face to the exit of the cave ,watching a snowstorm starting outside.. He started shivering a little , but the warm feeling from the fire made him feel better... "I.. I still don't know what I said to make her react like that.. " he said to himself as he closed his eyes to rest a little and think about everything... There was silence.. The roaring fire was the only thing that was heard.. "I.. I can't fall asleep.. I..if someone comes they could kill me and Red..." He said as he started dreaming.. It was a nightmare in which a high level killed Red and then came to kill him as well.. He stand up , got his sword out .. "Just a nightmare.." He said as he shealted his sword back , watching over to Red which was still sleeping...

She was shrouded by darkness, It's this nightmare again... First the darkness would fade, revealing a white room with no exit. She'd hear glass break, then a red splash of paint collide with the wall. It'd happen a few more times. Then the room would turn dark again, to such a point that you couldn't even see your own hands in front of you. She crumbled to the ground, knowing what was coming next, but she didn't want to accept it. She had overcome the terror of the bloodstained walls of the first room, but this part was what haunted her every day and night. When she was sleeping and awake, Please don't do this... She knew her thoughts, words, and action had no power here. She could feel the pressure of someone's hand on her shoulders, slowly falling to her back, chills running along the path. If Kosan were to look at her while, he'd notice that she would begin to tremble under his coat and tears would begin to stream down her face. I know you're there... Please...

Kosan sat there.. Watching outside .. He felt the fire was slowly gonna stop , so he decided to add more branches to it... As he turned he saw Red crying , trembling under his coat.. "Red !" He yelled as he got up and went right to her.." Red , wake up ! Reed ! Its just a nightmare.. Wake up Red..." He kept on yelling until she was awake.. "Thanks godness.." He said as he wanted to hug her , but he remembered she didn't wanted to be touched... "It was just a nightmare..S..Sorry if it was because of me.." He said to comfort her , while her tears were still streaming down her face..

Red could feel the warmth of the man's breath on her neck. She wished she could break out of this despair, but she was even more powerless here than she was in the real world. At least there, she could struggle, but here, she had no control. He heard the man behind him whisper the nickname that he had come up for her in her ears, "Red..." This had been the name he had used for her for years, not having ever called her by her real name. Honestly, she was could have been called black or blue on an equally disturbing level, but he had a strange affinity for the crimson color. It was worse... so much worse... She felt him rest his chin on her shoulder and she closed her eyes, "Red..." She wanted to throw up everytime he said that blasted color, but something was different this time. The next words to fill her ears was nothing short of a miracle, "Red... Wake up." Everything started to fall apart as she opened her eyes, finding the man sitting ahead of her with a look of genuine worry, "Hmm..?" She rubbed her eyes, still a little tired, but surprised to find them still wet with fresh tears. He told her that she had a nightmare, but she knew good and well what it was, "I... I know. It's w-worse than that..." She didn't want to elaborate on it now, "T-thank you, Kosan. I've never been able to... wake up before i-it..."

When he heard her saying thanks he felt..better.. "I ...Its nothing.. You scared me.." He said as he added fast after.. ".. Do you feel better...? .. After the sleep i mean.. Its a snow storm outside so we are gonna stay here a little longer..." He said as he opened his HUD and got out some tea and biscuits.. "Want some..?" He asked as he offered her.."I wonder what was her nightmare about..." He asked himself.. to see a girl crying was Kosan most sensitive point.. He just hate it.. That and apologizing.. "Well... If you feel like taking another nap tell me.." He said as he started shivering a little.. It was really cold in the cave , even if they had a small fire..

She nodded her head, having been the first time she woke up before the worst part started, she was feeling incredibly relieved. It was the one thing that made the start of each day so difficult, but she was freed from that worry... for now. He offered him some tea and biscuits, both warm to the touch even though they came from his inventory. She took a sip of the tea, tummy tingling as it warned her up on the inside, "Thank you, Kosan." They both took a bit of time to pause and enjoy their small snack, but he would interrupt the silence, "No, I'm feeling... a little better now. It's a shame the weather isn't fairing as well." She stood up and walked over to the entrance of the cave, Kosan's coat hung around her shoulders, "It's beautiful, isn't it?" She had never seen snow, it looked so much more fun than rain. Perhaps under better conditions, she'd be able to enjoy it better, "I'm sorry I reacted the way I did." She turned to face him, "Things weren't good for me in the real world and sometimes I remember them, but I'm sorry that I scared you..."

"It is beautiful.." He said as he got up as well.. "And dont apologize..." He said as he walked close to her.. "I would ask you what your nightmare was about.. But I guess you wouldn't feel like it.. I mean.. You cried during it.." He added as he turned back at the fire.. " the storm is getting stronger.. I think it was a wise choice to stay here.." He added as he heard her saying that she is sorry for how she reacted and everything.. "D..don't worry Red..I wasn't scared of how you acted , but how you feel..Sorry.." He added as he smiled at her, trying to be as cheerfully as he could..

She reached up into the air, stretching out her arm, letting out a great big yawn. It nearly knocked off Kosan's coat, but she caught it before it did so, "That reminds me, when did you give me your coat? You must be freezing." She tossed the coat back to him, feeling a little cooler already even through her own hooded cape. She raised one eyebrow, something coming to mind... That's right, I'm a tailor. I could have made us blankets for us in case something like this happened. It was too late now though, she didn't have the tools necessary to do so. She regretted the lack of foresight as a strong gust was pulled into the cave, sending chills up her spine and making her take a seat right in front of the fire. She looked back at Kosan, still seeming a bit bothered by everything that had just gone on, "I don't think I could ever tell anyone though, it might become a burden that they have to carry on their shoulders and I don't want that." Sure, it'd be nice to let everything out, but what good could that do? It's not like it would fix the pain or the nightmares... The only thing it would do is make me remember and hurt someone else in the process... She looked back at him, smiling, hoping he wouldn't try to pry too deep. She needed to take this a step at a time and she already took a few in the past hour.

"Well" Kosan said as he heard her asking when did it gave her his coat.."..I gave it to you when you were sleeping.. you seemed like you were freezing.. " he said as he received his coat but as he gave it back to her as soon as she came to the fire.. "Here.. Keep it.. You seem like you are really cold.." He added as he heard her saying that she doesn't want to talk about.. "..That's totally fine if you don't want to speak about it.. I mean.. There are many bad things that could've happened before..." He added as he put more sticks on the fire... "Well.. If you ever feel like telling anyone what happened before you joined this , feel free to tell me.. I will always be here for you..." He said as he smiled and started thinking a little about his past..

She took back the coat without hesitation, she was getting really cold. Red could tell that Kosan was cold, but it seemed like he wasn't going to accept the coat whether she liked it or not. "Thank you," she wasn't used to these kinds of temperatures, even in the real world. Where she had been staying, it was always warm or just a little too hot, but never cool... especially this cold. He showed that he took a further understanding that she had a trouble past and knew that she wasn't wanting to talk too much about it. He probably had some rough tracks in his history as well, but at least he wasn't making a fuss about it like Red was. However, he took it upon himself to be there for Red, through thick and then, "I really don't know what to say, other than 'Thank you.' I've never really had anyone to help me out so I really do appreciate everything you've done." She pulled the coat a little tighter around her body, "I don't know what I can do to make it up for you, but I promise I will." Perhaps she could make him something? She looked down, smiling so that he couldn't see her do so. Yeah... I know exactly what I could make him.

"I..its nothing.." Kosan said as she said that there isn't really any method to repay him for what he has done.. "I .. " he continued the rest in his mind "Like you..."..he was afraid to say it loud.. He instead choose to finish his sentence in another way.. " I think it would be night soon... So yeah... We will sleep here as the snow storm doesn't really show any signs of stopping soon.." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck.. " well.. Would you like to play a game ..? I tell you a secret and you tell me one and we keep going until one of us gets bored... " he said as he smiled.."I mean.. In this way we can form great bonds.. I will start... " he said as he laid down on the cold stone , and said something pretty stupid.. "I am not a skilled fighter... I guess I have luck hitting the sensitive spots... " he said as he giggled.. "But I try my best !" He added quite fast after..