[PP-F4] Avalanche!

It was without saying that they were going to be stuck her until the storm passed over, considering how severe it was. She knew the desert could inflict damage over time and she was pretty sure that blizzards would work in a very similar manner, that wasn't too far of a stretch, was it? Game logic had a bunch of similarities between everything, but it happened fairly often that things had a special note or unique trait. Red watched as Kosan lay across one of the rocks before starting his game of truth, not dare, "Well, at least there's one truth, you're a very bad liar." She had saw him overpowering the wolves earlier without a speck of trouble, going to the point of paralyzing two of them so that she could merely land a hit, but at least he was trying to play himself down instead of the other way around. She fiddled her fingers as she began thinking about what particular truth she'd like to admit to, "Umm, well..." There wasn't much that she wanted to talk about in recent years so she decided to talk about her time before then, "I'm an orphan, I guess that might be something of note." It wasn't anything that made her life better or worse, she enjoyed the orphanage, but some people made a big deal out of it back in the day.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Kosan heard she was an orphan , he felt bad.. He had a family and everything , but he didn't wanted to show pity.. She might get the bad idea from it.. Even so , Kosan said on a low tone.. "Sorry.." As he added.. "I am not a liar.. Or I don't think I am ... " he said as he added.. "Well , a truth is that I love watching the sky at night.." He said in a kind of disappointed tone.. "Too bad its a snow storm outside.." As he got up to add the last branches he ripped from the trees to the fire.. "And there goes the last one.." Kosan said as he tossed the last one to the small fire.. " Well , I guess it will be cold soon.. So you better sleep a little more... When it will be cold will be impossible to sleep.. And the nap you got wasn't so restful.. So yeah.." He said as he stretched his hands in the air.. "Well , I am gonna be here in case you need anything.." He added as he laid on the cold floor..

Kosan apologized once again, acting as if her history was his fault, "It's alright, I enjoyed my time there. There's nothing to be sorry about." A lot of potential adopters that came by back in the day had a similar reaction, usually with a highly strung expression for whatever reason. It was his turn again and he tried to brush off Red's joke, claiming he wasn't trying to lie. Perhaps he was just underplaying himself or he actually knew someone stronger than himself, but Red couldn't tell which. He talked about he loved spectating the night sky, "It is pretty, especially during an eclipse. I saw one once, have you?" He added the last of the kindling to the fire as he continued, suggesting that Red get some sleep while the storm was fierce. It would pass the time, keep their mind off the cold, and refreshen them up for the remainder of the quest, "Perhaps that's a good idea." She curled up, still wearing Kosan's coat, by the fire. She was a little disappointed he wasn't going to share much about himself, but she understood he might still be on edge about her past.

Kosan saw her laying and soon probably falling asleep.. Kosan opened his inventory and put up something that was like a scarf... He was gonna go outside the cave to get few branches as the fire nearly died.. He let a message on the rock "Hey Red , in case you wake up and I'm not there , I am outside getting some branches.. As you can see , the fire died .. Stay there and be safe.. If it takes a lot of time for me to come back burn the carpet to make some heat.. And probably expect the ... W.. What so ever.. Stay safe.. - Kosan." He left the note besides her , making sure she will see it if she wakes up..

As Kosan got out the snow was really violent.. He could barely stand but they needed branches.. He saw his HP falling slowly because of the snowstorm , but he wasn't going to quit.. He started collecting some branches from outside , not so many... "I will get few more before heading back.." Kosan said to himself as he kept collecting small branches and such.

Red had fallen asleep a few minutes before the fire had completely died out and Kosan had left, but she was awoken by both the sound of his footsteps and the constant gusts of the storm. She didn't want to spook him, but once she was sure he was out of sight, she rolled over and sat up to read the note. It was clear he felt bad for her, he wanted her to sleep well and feel comfortable while she did so, but she was conflicted about this idea. He really shouldn't have gone out there..... What if the snowstorm traps him or the Avalanche gets to him before he returns? This isn't good... She wasn't sure if there was a chance she could pursue him, especially under such intense conditions. Given the circumstances, she knew that it was going to be impossible to go back to sleep. She took the carpet to the edge of one of the walls, then sat with her back against it. She pulled the coat tighter and she began to worry, Please hurry...

Kosan got enough branches for him to head back and make fires till the morning... He walked slowly towards the cave as he heard some wolves from behind.. "Now it isn't the time !" He yelled as he started running towards the cave.. Luckily there wasn't a pack , just a stray wolf.. The wolf kept running after Kosan and as soon as he entered the cave the stray wolf jumped and bit him by the hand.. Luckly enough his fangs hit the armor , which caused the wolf to remain stuck ... He then grabbed his sword and finished the wolf before checking his HP.. He was feeling like collapsing.. Because of the time he sat outside his HP was 2/35.. "That was luck.." Kosan said to himself as he saw Red looking at him with wide eyes.. "Don't worry red.. Got..the branche-.." He said as he felt himself falling on the back.. "Crap.." He added to himself as he felt the ground hitting his head.."guess I was outside for too long.." He said to himself again as he turned his head towards Red and closed his eyes a little..

Red sat up straight, no longer leaning against the stone wall of the cave, as she heard the sound of a wolf's howl echo throughout the safe place. She shifted beneath the coat so that her hand was on her rapier and she could jump up, it sounded like it was really close. A few moments passed and when she saw that it was Kosan, she let out a sigh of relief, but didn't notice that he had been tailed. She froze in place as she saw his health and the wolf lunged for him, but his armor protected him. He slew the wolf and tried to play it cool, but ended up landing on his back in exhaustion. He acted as if he didn't know how long it had actually taken, every second that Red had been left alone in the cave. She stood up, eyes watery as she stood over him, "You idiot." She pulled the coat off her shoulder, crumpled it up, and tossed it at his face. Gulping and trying not to show too much emotion, she walked outside the cave and sat down at the entrance. It was out of sight from the inside, but covered well enough that she would lose health amidst the storm. She was just really cold and upset, I can't believe he'd do something like this...

Kosan saw her coming then tossing the cape in his face... "Thanks..." He said as he heard her calling him an idiot.. After that Kosan could saw Red walking outside.. "R..Red.. Dont do this.. Don't go outside.." Kosan said as he tried to get up.. His HP was slowly regenerating being out of battle.. Now it was at 10/33 or something.. He walked outside again to see Red staying there.."Red.. Please come in... If we stay outside we will both die.." Kosan said as he walked , getting besides her.. She was trembling because of the cold.. "Please...?" Kosan whispered on a low tone , awaiting for a response.. If she wasn't having the problems with being touched Kosan would just carry her inside , but he didnt wanted to have more problems.. "Gah , already 8 HP ?.." Kosan said to himself as he watched his health going down again.."

She heard him as he pitifully requested that she didn't leave, but he didn't have any problem leaving without telling Red. She had been more than patient and kind enough not to be upset with him when he did leave, but to go out there and return with a mere two healthpoints left? She was not pleased by any means. She was sitting down just outside the entrance, but she could see her own health go down by two points and she wasn't even in the worst part of the storm. He would soon follow, pleading for her to come in, otherwise they would die. She looked up at him with a cold stare, "You're saying that now? After you march off to your own grave in a snowstorm?" She looked away, lowering her voice to a reasonable level, "What if you didn't return? I wouldn't have known if you were dead, buried, or..." She didn't want to think about the only friend she had actually began to get to know suddenly run out on her, the loneliness would be just as brutal as death. She let out a huff, not wanting to give into his suggestion, but knew that it was for the better. Red stood up and pushed him inside, "I-I can't have you dying on me either."

As he saw her angry because he left her alone he mumbled "I kinda did it for you.." As she got up and pushed him inside the cave... He could see her worried about him..."okay.. Let's make a fire... And let us both get some sleep.. How does that sound ?.." Kosan asked her as he went to the fire pit he improvised earlier and tried to start a fire. At his second attempt he succeeded .. He added enough branches on the fire to keep it alive for 2/3 hours... "W..Well.. Do you wanna sleep first or should we sleep both in the same time.. I don't think there are any players outside on this snowstorm.." Kosan said as he remembered what he did earlier..

She could hear his words, even if it was muttered under his breath as he pushed her. She had to contain her words because he obviously meant good by it, but she was still noticeably upset. He suggested rekindling the fire, though she didn't really agree with the memo, "Sure, fine. Go ahead." She gave him one last shove in the right direction, then retreated back to the spot along the wall on the carpet. He added the kindling, got the fire kicking, then suggested that they take turns sleeping or just both go to sleep since nobody would be nearby. She was quick and straight to the point, "You first, after all that trouble and your health, you need it more than I do." She wouldn't be able to sleep if he was still awake and conscious to make another idiotic decision like that again. She was still cold, especially now that she was without the coat, but she wouldn't accept it back even if he offered it to her, "Go on, relax."

Kosan heard Red saying he should sleep.. He tossed her his coat.."keep it.. You need it more than I do.. " Kosan said as he laid down on the cold floor where he will sleep a little.. As soon as he laid down he started thinking.. "Hope she doesn't think I am an idiot... " as he closed his eyes and mumbled "good night" even if she wasn't going to sleep right now.. He started dreaming about him being awake in the cave.. He could see someone in his nightmare that attacked Red.. He couldn't sleep for long as Red was stoke down by the mysterious player.. Kosan nightmare got worse and worse as the player went to him and started stabbing Kosan.. It wasn't long as he woke up looking around for Red which sat on the carpet.. "Just a nightmare.." Kosan said to himself as he watched Red.."Crap , she must think I am a Weirdo right now.." Kosan said to himself as he laid down and mumbled.. "Your turn.. Sleep.."

He threw him the coat and she was just about to toss it back, but at this rate, it was going to be a game of hot potato. She held onto it for now with the full intention of returning it while he was asleep, though she really wanted to go ahead and give it back to him while he was lying on the cold floor of the cave without anything else to cover up with. She pulled up her hood so he couldn't see her face and peered out from beneath it, keeping an eye on him to make sure that he wouldn't pretend to sleep. Eventually, he did fall asleep and she could tell that it was genuine, considering his breathing became a lot slower than before. She blinked her eyes and yawned, maybe I do need some more sleep... No, I have to watch him. She trusted his instinct about there being no players around and, if they were, there was no way they would survive out there long. Before she knew it, she had fallen asleep too, but he wouldn't be able to tell unless he lifted her hood. Otherwise, it would simply appear as if she was ignoring the boy, which was highly probable as is.

"Red..?" Kosan said as he watched her.. "Red are you feeling all right ?.." Kosan asked as he got near her and took her hood off to see she was sleeping.. "Red... I knew you were tired.." Kosan said as he sat besides her and covered them both in the coat of his.. "I am gonna let her sleep.. I can manage staying awake.. It..its not a big deal.." Kosan said as he yawned and kept an eye outside the cave to see how the storm was going.."Well , seems we won't be staying a lot more in this cave.." Kosan said as he closed his eyes slowly.. "No.. I ..I must stay awake.. " Kosan said as he watched her having a good nap.. He tried his best not to fall asleep.. If she found him sleeping besides her it will probably freak her out... He decided to get up , cover her under his coat as he went back where he sat earlier , on the cold floor , where he tried to stay awake but end up falling asleep..

She was deep in sleep, luckily Kosan wouldn't have to deal with any further steamed words after he lifted her hood to find out if she was okay. After some time in the darkness, the same old white room would appear, but it felt different. There was no easy way to explain it other than the fact that it felt like something was off, I wonder if it's because I woke up last time... Before today, she had never woken up. Every day, every night, it was the same dream over and over again. Of course, this one had the same start to it, but the red paint still hadn't began covering the walls. She thought about Kosan, maybe he broke the cycle, this is so strange... She could walk endlessly, nothing but the color of white surrounding her physical appearance. She sat down, waiting for something to happen, but nothing wa- What was that? She stood up and rushed over to where she saw some specks of red from a distance, That's fire... Why is there- She came back to reality, falling forwards and gasping for air, unsure of what to think. The cave was lit from the outside light now that the snowstorm had ended and the fire had long since died out, but a faint echo could still be heard. She stood up and took off the coat, holding it across her arm, as she walked over towards Kosan, "Hey, wake up. Did you hea-" This time, the sound was tremendously loud. It was a roar. By what though? It sent a vibration, followed by the similar echo, into the cave.

Kosan eyes were wide open when Red came and asked if he heard that sound.. It was the roar of Avalanche.. It was unlikely for the boss to get in the forest , but so it was for people to sleep there.. "I heard it loud and clear.." Kosan said as he got up and went outside to see a giant made of Ice.."Avalanche.." Kosan said to himself as he yelled "Red ! Come out ! Its the boss !" As he got his sword out ready for combat.. He was still sleepy , so he thought this will affect his fighting.. "Let's get this over.. " Kosan said to Red which came outside .."Then we can stay a little longer in here.. Or go to a small Inn or something to eat something then rest..." Kosan said as he awaited for a response from her..

[7820] 5 - 5 - 7 - 1

[___] 15/15

[Kosan] 33/33

[Avalanche] 45/50

She wasn't sure if he had heard the first, but without a doubt, he had heard the second. They ran out of the cave together to see if they could find the source of the enormous roar and much to their surprise, this fearful creature was to their benefit. She looked at him as he said the name, "That's Avalanche?" Earlier, she was expecting this quest to be a somewhat silly name based off of the name, like some oversized snowman or... Just not this chunk of moving, sculptured ice. Kosan said something about heading back to an inn and she was pleased by the idea of getting out of the cold, "That'd be good, let's go." She rushed ahead, unsheathing her rapier and striking at the feet of the icy giant, chipping off some of its ice and health in the process. There was no way that she could make a fool out of herself in front of him again after the wolves, I'm not that weak...

[7824 - 8 BD]

Kosan saw Red charging with her rapier , hitting Avalanche , the big bad chunk of Ice.. Kosan followed her in an attack in which he hit Avalanche , inflicting some damage to it. Kosan fought Avalanche a while back with his old guild leader Mari.. Then he jumped beck to a safe spot where he said .. " Next time we meet let's meet in a peaceful place.. " as he giggled.. He wasn't such a fan of low temperatures..But they went for Avalanche together.. He enjoyed to spend his time here.

[___] 15/15

[Kosan] 33/33

[Avalanche] 37/50

[7859] 10 - 9 - 11 - 1

[___] 15/15

[Kosan] 33/33

[Avalanche] 32/50

She was doing pretty well so far and she fully and whole heartedly intended to break this thing into pieces. She was at a slight disadvantage strength wise against Kosan because he had some better skills, but she wasn't lacking in the willpower. She kept up into the air, cleanly avoiding the arm that swept below, trying to clear out everything in its path. Kosan should be able to avoid it too so she didn't mind him, any lost focus could put her in danger, especially since she had the aggro of the beast. She landed on her feet and struck six times while she was close enough to inflict damage, ending up landing a critical on the frozen titan. She called out to Kosan, "Strike him, now! I've got his attention!" He was stronger and a critical counter from him would not only do massive damage, but paralyze the beast.