[PP-F5] (Quest) <<The Traveler>> [Square One]

January 26 (Day 1) 6:58 A.M.-

It was an early January morning. Roughly 7 a.m. Oikawa hadn't slept much the previous night so he decided to open up to the Quest Log. Thumbing through the list, one in particular caught his eye. "The Traveler? " he spoke softly. Seems daring yet rewarding. I wonder if the other Square One members are busy for the next couple days? Wanting to know if they would be interested in a quest that could not only get them to bond as a guild but also a chance to grow, he sent them the details of the quest. 

To: Azide, Crozeph, Lucifer, and XWuZHeAR

Subject: Quest?

Hey guys! I know its early but there's a quest I was interested in doing and was wondering if you guys wanted to join me? Here's the post:

You guys intrigued? Let me know asap, I'm leaving for the 5th floor at 10 a.m. at the latest. We can meet at  the Starlight Cafe in the Town Center at 9 a.m. Hope to hear from you guys soon!

-Oikawa

Having sent his message, Oikawa waited for their replies. Hopefully I don't have to solo this. Finding desert treasure sounds extremely time consuming...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crozeph was lying down and admiring the view and the shade on a tall, mushroom-shaped rock when he received a guild member's pm about some quest "ahh time to help, better than lying down here and getting burned later" he said. Crozeph jumped down from the rock and ran through the sand, he's been through this floor before and he even gained a special skill here so he might as well help others, especially his guild members "first day on the guild, don't mess this up" he said as he dashed through the sand following the person's location.

I woke up abruptly to the sound of a PM. It was Oikawa asking about a quest. I let out a huge yawn and looked at the clock after falling out of my hammock.

"Oh god why did I put it so high up? Oh gaaawwwdddd it is so late. Oh wait it's Tuesday OH GAAWWWWDD it is late it is very very late. Wait a second its 26th dammit that's like ugh almost ten days I get that were all technically in a coma anyways but come on!" I moaned as I replied to Oikawas PM.

About eight hours later I was at the starlight cafe. I took out a water and began drinking ten days of sleep makes you very very thirsty. When I walked in the owner yelled at me again "Hey! X! No outside food or drink!" I responded by throwing the water bottle at the counter.

"After I played those 4 encores for you I fell asleep for ten days! I'm gonna be thirsty!" I yelled at the owner.

The owner let out a chuckle and a smirk formed on his lips. I sat down and took out another water bottle and began drinking that one furiously.

A creature cried out with a shrill shriek, erasing all memory of the thunderous roar it had proudly displayed just minutes before. A sleek blade stabbed at it again and again, each time in a different location, as if it were the voodoo doll of a particularly hated individual. Finally, a diagonal cut from the shoulder to the hip sliced the beast in two, allowing the wretched soul to finally leave this world in peace (or rather, pieces).

Azide crouched down and eyed the ground closely, only to conclude that he'd come up empty handed yet again. "Geeze, this 'grinding' business sure isn't very profitable. They should really start implementing a minimum wage for these drop rates- I feel like I'm one of those sweat shop workers getting paid pennies on the hour." Breaking the monotony, he heard the distinct pinging sound of a new notification. As the creature shattered into an array of crystal-esque data and faded away, he tapped away at the SAO interface until he arrived at the messaging center. He pulled up the latest message, from Oikawa and quickly skimmed its contents before hitting the virtual button allowing him to respond with a message of his own. Quickly, he began tapping away once more at the virtual interface in front of him.

To: Oikawa, Crozeph, Lucifer, and XWuZHeAR

Subject: Re: Quest?

Starlight cafe it is, everybody. On my way. 

Before much time had passed, he sent the message, then returned Atom Slicer to its sheath and got up off the ground. Not one to waste time, he quickly began speeding towards Oikawa's specified location. Before the hour was up, he found himself in front of the Starlight Cafe, double checking that this was indeed the right location. He pushed open the door and walked in to see Oikawa and and X had already arrived. "Of course Oikawa would be here. He called us here after all," he reasoned. He glanced around the building before walking towards them. Pulling up a chair in between the two, he clasped his hands together on the tabletop and chuckled. "You know, I'm shocked Lucifer's not here fifteen minutes early or something. Anyway, glad you called, Oikawa. I was getting rather bored actually. Since we're going to be trekking it out in the desert, who's up for some water cups? My treat!"

It was 7:00AM on the 26th when I received the memo, which gave me a little less than two hours to make it to the Starlight Cafe. I had some time to kill so before I headed over, I went on a trip to the nearby meadow to train on some monsters. Considering I was the lowest level of the founders, I definitely needed the extra training, but I only had an hour before I headed back. It was 8:37 when I arrived at the cafe, early as usual, but I didn't see anyone there. I figured it would be a repeat of last time so I only purchased enough for myself, "I'll take a cup of herbal tea and a small order of french toast." I took my tray and sat down at the corner of the room, setting an alarm to go off at 9:00AM. Unfortunately, a few of them was early, but they didn't see me because I was too short to see thanks to the booth design. Once my alarm went off, I dumped my tray, carried over my tea and met with the others, "Good morning, guys. Glad to see you're all on time today, anyone see Crozeph?"

OOC- For the continuity and sake of this RP. Everyone except Crozeph has arrived at the cafe now and are sitting together. Natsu is doing this Quest solo so he wasn't invited. and Kino will probably be invited.

IC-

January 26 (Day 1) 8:44 A.M.-

Having made my way to he cafe, I waited patiently for the others to arrive. Surprisingly the wait wasn't long, as X rambunctiously entered the cafe. Causing a small scene, he seated himself in my booth and opened up a water bottle. "Well, that was quite the entrance there X?" I chuckled as he took another swig of his drink. Not long after his comment, Azide strolled into the cafe. Looking around a bit, Azide spotted us and pulled up a chair. Striking up conversation, Azide pointed out Luci's unusual tardiness and offered us free drinks. Not one to turn down free stuff, Oikawa replied "Ahh I'll take you up on that offer! As for the quest, I'm actually surprised you guys showed up. I figured you all would be busy with training or something. Regardless, I'm glad you guys are here. Finding desert treasure alone would be oh so bothersome haha"

January 26 (Day 1) 9:00 A.M.-

Pulling up the menu. Oikawa checked the time, it was 9 o'clock. From the corner of his eye, he caught the smallest member of their guild, Lucifer,  dumping her tray and making her way over to the group. So she was here early after all. I wonder where she was hiding haha. Laughing at his inner thoughts, Oikawa smiled and scooted over so Luci could sit down. As she approached, Lucifer commented "Good morning, guys. Glad to see you're all on time today, anyone see Crozeph?" Looking around, I replied "Nope haven't seen him. Have you guys heard from him yet? On the note of people not being here should I invite out newest recruit, Kino?" 

Crozeph made it in the city after hours of running anywhere "damn, the place looked the same all over" he said. Crozeph ran for almost an hour before finding his way to the meeting place his guild member has set up. Crozeph took a deep breath and dashed inside the town. After a few minutes Crozeph arrived at the meeting place without going in circles. He opened the door to see most of the invited members sitting and waiting for some including him "sorry, I was on the desert already and everything looked the same" he said while trying to draw the sand dunes in front of him "and, and, ok I give up" Crozeph took a seat and tried to breath slowly after all the running he did. It seems everyone was new to him. After an inquiry of guild members that he saw somewhere he quickly took it and joined the guild. The previous one that he joined a few months ago has disbanded and it left a bitter taste his mouth "disbanded because of some threats we had" he thought as he looks at the guild members in front of him. 

(ooc: sorry for the late post, you can skip me if needed)

"Mmmm water water *gulp* *gulp* *gulp* phew no more water no more water. Ok so let's do this! I'm ready... Wait! Water water *gulp* *gulp*..." I said out of breath and gulping water.

"Jesus X maybe you should have taken that girl from the shows offer and went home with her if your so thirsty." The shop owner joked at me.

"Yo shut. The. Hell up!" I said loudly as I threw this water bottle at the shop owner who just laughed it all off.

I took out another water bottlex1 and began chugging this one even harder. After I had emptied it I slammed it down on the table and it shattered into shiny blue polygons.

I leaned back in my chair and responded again to the shop owner. "She was pretty huh? Damn maybe I should have gone home with her. Anyways you guys lets hurry up and get out of here before this shop owner wants to take more shots at me."

Azide looked slightly surprised to see Lucifer approach them holding a cup of tea. "Was she here the whole time?" He decided to dismiss the thought, then shook his head. "No sign of Crozeph so far," he replied, looking at Lucifer and Oikawa. "I say we give Crozeph a bit more time, and if push comes to shove, we'll invite Kino in his place. I love both of them and all, but it'd be best if we didn't stack this quest in terms of party numbers." In the mean time, X carried on with his usual antics, though for now they were mainly limited to water-drinking and making banter with the shop owner.

Just then, a familiar face popped frantically through the door, before taking a deep breath and making his way over to them. "Someone else here feels my pain," he thought, remembering their first meeting. Azide snatched a cup of water off of a tray their waitress had dropped off, then flashed his politician's-smile at the new arrival. "Don't sweat it, Crozeph. I'm sure you sweated it enough back there in the desert. But now that he's here, I think it'd be a good idea for everyone to drink up before we head out. Head there dehydrated and you'll be getting your just desserts."

I took in another sip before taking a seat beside Azide, one of the two in the party that I honestly had any respect for. I wasn't too sure who the new recruits were considering I wasn't the one to bring them in, but it left a bad taste in my mouth knowing that they were late to their first meeting. Granted, it appeared as if that wasn't something unusual for the majority of this guild, but I digress. Oikawa brought up Kino while the topic of Crozeph was on the table, "I believe any further delay would be unfavorable, we can invite him next time." I don't expect this to be a one time thing, especially since this guild revolved around training to a higher capability. It was then that the newbie showed up, "Welcome Crozeph, you're late." I figured he wouldn't be lying about getting lost, but he should have planned ahead. I took another sip of my tea as Azide suggested everyone be freshly hydrated for the trip, "Everyone drink up, I can't afford for this quest to be a waste." A waste of time or members, both would leave me highly displeased with everyone's performance.

January 26 (Day 1) 9:23 A.M.-

The waitress had finally brought Oikawa his complimentary water. Taking a swig. He started to speak when suddenly Crozeph walked in. Panting, he tried to explain his tardiness, but gave up when he realized he wasn't making much sense. X then suddenly started yelling with the shop owner again. Rolling his eyes, Oikawa was starting to wonder if this quest would ever get started. Luckily Azide brought up the topic again while attempting a terribly placed pun. Nonetheless, Oikawa gulped the rest of his water and smiled. "That was pretty bad you know that right?" He said gesturing to their Guild Leader. "Well if everybody's here, shall we go? It's no where near 10 yet but the sooner the better." Standing up, he waited for everyone to get out of the booth before proceeding to exit the cafe. Pulling Luci aside, Oikawa whispered "I don't think any of us can afford for this quest to be a waste. We all can benefit greatly from this quest and it's also our first official quest as a guild. Speaking of that, stop giving X the evil eye haha, he's a member just like the rest of us. I know he's very ..energetic and over the top but we have to treat him just like family. After all, we are family now."

Crozeph stooped down on the table as everyone talks, he feels a bit awkward to be around people again. Crozeph has spent most of his time outside of town, sleeping above trees, looking for materials, running into a few dangerous people, visiting towns to help his long time friends and two of his siblings but now that he joined a new guild, it seems that he need to keep himself more calm around them "family" he thought as a faint smile appears on his face. As soon as he heard that they're leaving, Crozeph opened his user menu and checked his equipment and inventory "I've been there before and finished the quest, I suggest we make our way to the canyon first before heading out searching for the cargo left beneath the sands" he told them as calm as he can, his eyes keeping its sight on the menu in front of him "don't trust me on direction though, I'm terrible at maps but I'll be useful on mobs around there" he added. Crozeph looked at everyone, he wasn't expecting them to listen but he just felt that he had to say something to keep them ready on what the sands might offer for them, be it dangerous or not.

Everyone finally decided to start getting up it was about time we left anyways. I looked at the tea I hadn't drank I decedied it doesn't really matter. I looked down at my cutlass still the starting one maybe il try to get a new weapon next. I looked down at luci who was still giving me Thai irritated glare. She must be really psychologically messed up any other kid would accept candy, any other kid wouldn't act so cold towards my animated personality, and any other kid would much rather just act like a kid. This game stole her childhood her innocence it's just too unfair. I got up out of the booth and kneeled down with my back turned blocking Luci's exit from the booth.

"Hey luci wanna ride on my shoulders? Come on humor me once in a while, besides you should get your rest before the fight." I said looking at the ground getting ready for luci to climb on.

Azide shot Oikawa a sly glance. "I have no idea what you're talking about." He feigned a puzzled experience, then smiled and took his last sip of water.

As he downed the last of it, he noticed Crozeph sitting hunched over. "We haven't known him very long yet, but he seems like he's either tired, or uneasy. But then again, distinction shouldn't be too hard to figure out in the coming days." He listened as the player in question proceeded to speak up, offering some advice based on his own prior experience, nodding after he finished.

He stood up, knowing it was about time for them to get going. "I think it'd be a wise decision to follow Crozeph's suggestions- after all, he did happen to come back alive. That's usually taken as a sign of credibility," he said, looking to his guild mates. He straightened his jacket, then spoke again before leading the way out of the cafe. "In the mean time, I think it'd be best to leave as soon as possible." He glanced behind him to see X crouched down and blocking Lucifer's way out of the booth. "Careful there X- you might not lose any health points here, but you're still open to a world of hurt," he remarked.

Azide quickly pulled up the menu and made a few quick taps to send out party requests to each present member of Square One, then opened the door and motioned for his guild mates to take their leave. "Just to warn you, we won't be tolerating any deserters," he added with a chuckle, then exited the cafe.

I was surprised to hear that the new member had previously gone on the quest, he was sacrificing his own time showing up, "Thank you for the advice, that'll more than make up for the timeliness." I was merely teasing him, everyone that knew me (at least in the real world) knew that I was a timely person. With that Oikawa was the one to suggest that they head out, which I fully agreed with. However, when I prepared to scoot out, I was cut off by X, whom suggested I take a ride. I was going to say no, but... "Well, why not. I could use a manservant." Another form of my teasing, remaining professional while making such light hearted comments. I perched myself on, but as we were exiting, it was clear that Oikawa wanted to say something. I leaned backwards, perpendicular to X, which would might be slightly uncomfortable for him, but I was pretty light to begin with. I whispered back, considering the subject was right next to them, "I'm well aware, but even family don't always get along. In the end though, they usually get along well enough. Besides, he's doing me a favor... He's already helped me out once, he just doesn't know it." I leaned back up and pointed towards the direction we needed to head, "Onward march."

Oikawa smirked at Luci's comment about X. She's a little tyrant ain't she? Already figuring out ways to manipulate other subordinates. Everyone begin to file out of the cafe. Rubbing his chin, Oikawa pulled up a map. "You said the canyon first right Crozeph? It's a good thing I got this map info then. Tapping away he marked a few checkpoints on the map and sent all the coordinates to his guildmates. "What I just sent you are the coordinates to the canyon I believe Crozeph mentioned and a few possible places the buried sand treasure might be. Azide, since you're the guild leader I believe you should be the one to send the party up invite."

Crozeph made a faint smile, they took the suggestion more eager than he expected. He closed his menu and stood up, ready to head out and saw two of his guild members look like they're playing some kind of riding game. "Well to be honest the canyon is a nice place to set up camp or stay at night, it might not be a comfortable safe zone but it's emphasize on the word 'safe' is enough" he told them. Crozeph followed the group, as they're about to head out while checking the weapon on his back strapped sideways and its hilt on the reach of his left hand. Crozeph knew he had to help them on dangerous mobs there, especially those mobs who move beneath the sands silently like a thief. He then heard a beeping sound and learned that Oikawa sent some coordinates on where the cargo could be. Crozeph looked dumbfounded as he stares at the red dots while following them "I'm too terrible at maps that it's so unrealistic" he said while walking. The quest is about to begin and it seems his skills are needed to go along with others if he wants to be of any help to them.

I grabbed luci's little legs that were dangling from my shoulders and stood up.

"Alright we'll wait for you guys at the entrance of the town. It's time I show you were my 'shenanigans' can get us luci. Hold on tight!" I said looking back at the others.

I leaned forward and sprinted out the cafe holding tight onto luci. I ran for the allyway across the street and began jumping from wall to wall until I made it to the rooftops. Luci was actually really light so this wasn't much harder than doing it myself. I began jumping from rooftop to rooftop heading for the exit of the town.

"Ok luci I'm gonna do a flip on this next jump make sure you squeeze onto me as hard as you can!" I yelled while sprinting to the edge of the building.

"You know, I'm somewhat surprised she took him up on that offer. Then again, I can't say I wouldn't mind getting some rest after traveling all over Aincrad all the time. Where do I even get the time to travel between all of these floors anyway?" Before long, he received a bit of customized map data, courtesy of Oikawa. It had a few coordinates marked off, which were then clarified to be the canyons mentioned by Crozpeh. "Nice work, Oikawa- but way ahead of you." Party requests blinked into existence in front of each of his guild mates. "And don't worry Crozeph, as long as you don't go wandering off, I'm sure we won't end up being too lost." He watched as X began darting forward before leaping up to the rooftops and began maneuvering his way out of town. Azide grinned, then took off after him. Although he couldn't hope to match the player's acrobatics, he did manage to hold his own on the ground. Without dropping his pace, he looked up at X. "Maybe you'd move a little faster without all of the flipping!" He turned his attention back ahead, just in time to move himself out of the way of a building. The entrance wouldn't be too far from here.

I was using his head as a sort of supporting post, leaning against it with my two palms down against it. The difference in height was odd at first, but my father had done this several times over my younger years so it was easy to get back accustomed to. Being nearly eight or nine feet in height combined, that would be pretty nice, but I had to be wary of hitting my head. One of those things that are both a blessing and a curse, I guess. He was pretty quick to show off, scaling the walls of the alleyway until he had made it to the rooftops. I did have to offer him some sort of impression, "Impressive, I didn't know the Performer profession had something this good." Now that we were on top of the roofs, I opened up the prompt that had been showing on my screen for some time now and clicked accept. However, the easy ride would be interrupted as X informed me that he would like to show off a bit... with a flip. I know it's just a game. I know it's not actually insane. That didn't make it any less nerve racking, "You're a... an idiot, you know that?" I curled up my fingers that were still sitting upon his scalp, gripping on tightly like a rider with a horse's mane. I didn't feel bad for him if it caused him any pain, I was too worried about him making the distance.