[PP-F5] (Quest) <<The Traveler>> [Square One]

Oikawa was the last to leave the cafe. Leaving a tip on the table, he thanked the owner of the cafe, before strolling out. Seeing a cloud of dust from where he assumed Azide blazed a trail of speedy glory, and a figure leaping off buildings, possibly being to X and Luci, he couldn't locate Crozeph's whereabouts. "Well I guess I'll be the last to the gate. I'm saving as much energy as I can for this crazy desert." With that he followed Azide's dust cloud to the teleportation gate. 

This should be fun haha.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crozeph sat on the ground just outside the city looking from his left and right for any signs of his guild members "this is a miracle, I found the exit way faster than who I am" he said. The last thing he saw was his leader dashing off like a stallion going against the wind and two of more members doing acrobatics with one sitting the shoulder of the other "I hope they don't do anything that'll shave their HP, the desert can be harsh if not tiring for them" he said.Crozeph looked up and saw the blue sky and few clouds passing by, he was part of a guild now but still his quiet and wandering nature still proved that he values his solitude well but now is not the right time to put it above everything, the guild needs help a quest he already finished and he knew that the location of the quest isn't that easy "if it weren't for Arekkusu I would have been armadillo food" he said still looking at the sky "yeah that giant armadillo appeared right after I picked up the cargo" he said "and it takes a lot of space on my inventory" he added.

I side flipped across the large opening between the two buildings. I landed just on the edge and had to hop a little on the ledge to be able to keep sprinting. I could see the gate from here it's not far. Luci pulled at my hair rather tightly to keep stable but I didn't mind. I could see a single line of rope that lead from the roof tops to the teleport gate it seemed almost too easy.

"Ok luci one last final push and were there!" I yelled as I rapidly aproached the edge.

The rope looked really think I could easily ride it down with luci on my shoulders.

"Ok luci feel free to put ur arms up!" I said as I jumped off the edge.

The only problem is I missed the rope. I decided I needed to act fast in a way we're luci would think I had this planned out from the beginning. I grabbed luci's legs instead of with two hands I squeezed them together with one hand. Then with my free hand I took out my cutlass and slung over the rope and rode it down using the dull side. Finally my feet touched the ground and I slid to my knees.

"See told ya Id make us the first ones here." I told luci as I stood back up.

"Ok now you just hang out on my shoulders while we wait for the others." I told her while I began balancing on my cutlass with her on my shoulders.

A shadow passed by quickly above, traveling even faster than Azide at his current pace on the ground. "Geez, these Aincrad birds are getting larger and larger," he thought to himself. Hoping to catch sight of such a creature, he briefly glanced up to see X and Lucifer zipping along across an overhead rope-line. "What the hells is he thinking? There's a child up there!" He didn't have much of a chance to take in the view, however, as the sun was once again uncovered and free to burn his retinas. He threw a hand up above his eyes to block out the excess sunlight, but continued, and even added to his increasingly reckless pace. "On second thought, this does happen to be a safe zone, so there's no harm in racing."

For a moment, it seemed as though he and X would be neck-and-neck in making it to the teleport gate, but he watched as the latter quickly began to speed up as the line came closer and closer towards the ground. He watched as X and Lucifer managed to land safely in front of the gate, and arrived himself a few seconds afterwards, coming to a screech halt that might've burned away his soles had they been racing in real life. He threw his arms out to catch his balance and made a quick attempt to recollect his air of calm, but was practically forced by his body to stoop over for lungfuls of air.

Once he felt good to go, he straightened himself up and quickly fixed up his hair, before turning to X and Lucifer. "X, that was almost stupid, but the theatrics made it almost worthwhile." He shifted his gaze to Lucifer, having to turn his head downwards a bit to address her. "Everything still working alright?"

It was then that I realized just how big of a mistake I had made accepting this rather stupid offer, no matter how much closer it would bring the group together as a whole. Obviously, the two of us had totally conflicting personalities and, frankly, he was going to be in a thorn in my side until he mellows out... if he ever does, but I just have to work with whatever I'm given. However, I'm given X and he is trying to give me a heart attack. I saw him approach the leap, the angle was terribly wrong, he wasn't that good. Naturally, I did all I could do. Clutch his hair, so much so that if we were out of the safe zone, he'd take damage from it. If we were in the real world, he'd be halfway bald. What else could I do? Luckily, he managed to recover at the last moment and even when his feet made contact with the ground, I didn't get off. I simply raised my hand, fist still clenched, and smacked him. Again and again, three times to be exact. He couldn't take any damage from it, but the idiot needed to get the message, "Make a mistake like that next time and you'll regret it..."

Oikawa was indeed the last to arrive at the gate. Approaching his fellow guildmates, he made an announcement. "Alright since we are all here, lets get a move on. From here we'll teleport directly to the 5th floor. Then we'll proceed directly to the canyon which I conveniently marked on your maps. Any objections?" Oikawa looked around and no one seemed to have a question at the moment. "Alright let's go!"

Oikawa stepped on the teleport gate and shouted "Teleport: Armadillo". Disappearing then reappearing on the 5th floor Oikawa waited for the others before he decided to move onto the desert.

Crozeph walked towards the teleporter a few seconds after Oikawa entered it. He didn't know if there are others who went ahead of him or he'll be the first one to follow him "Teleport: Armadillo" he uttered looking ahead then with a sudden change of scenery he closed his eyes. Teleporters were scarier than he thought. After a few seconds he opened his eyes and saw that he was back in Armadillo again. He was here a few hours ago until he was also called for a quest "busy as ever" he said. Crozeph walked away from the teleporter and looked around to look for Oikawa "now where did he go?" he thought. Crozeph opened his map and saw that Oikawa is nearby "I'll just follow the dot" he said then began walking towards the direction where his guildmate went.

(ooc: sorry for the late reply)

Luci started hitting me but I didn't really effect my balance. She wasn't really hitting that hard.

"Ok luci lets go." I told her while stepping down and sheathing the cutlass.

I looked around the town of beginings and felt a slight breeze. I then thought about how hot the floor we're going to much be. I quickly oppened my menu and I un-equipped my shirt.

"Ok I'm ready now...teleport armadillo." I said while standing in the teleport gate.

Azide opened his eyes to see that the scenery around him had changed to a considerably dustier one. All around him stood domed buildings of sand and limestone, taking on the color of the desert which they had yet to enter. He'd always closed his eyes before teleporting, as keeping them opened had always left him with a feeling of motion sickness. "Like being jet-lagged, except without any customer service to justify it," he thought, reminded of the frequent trips he'd used to take. Seeing X materialize beside him, he ran up to Crozeph, gesturing for their last two guild mates to return the favor. The group soon gathered by Oikawa, who'd been the town's first arrival. Azide pointed up at the canyons ahead. "It's as Oikawa said. We'll head through the pass up there and enter the desert. From there, we'll perform a quick recovery for the lost supplies, and we can make our way out with little to no problems." He began walking, with the rest of the party doing this same. "If we keep up a good pace, we'll be there in no time."

Now off the nimrod, I made my way after the others. I didn't need to change outfits merely because mine fit the occasion of any floor with the exception of the fourth floor's severe cold. I teleported to the fifth floor and followed Azide, having not seen Oikawa upon appearing. Once we got to the gate to exit into the desert, Azide would give a quick summarized briefing of what was about to go down. It was an easy grab and deliver quest, but I figured that wasn't all that there was to it. Obviously, there would be mobs or some resistance to our presence here in the desert while pursuing our goals. We'd manage well enough on our own, even myself being the weakest of the lot, "Lead the way."

Standing a few yards outside of the town, as that's where the teleporter is, he went over the plan once more in his head. First we get to the canyon and set up camp. Then tomorrow we make our way into the desert, retrieve the supplies and make our way back home. Ahh, how I hate two day trips... Well at least we have a decent group with us, though I am concerned for Luci. But then again she's stronger in ways other than level.

Just as he was concluding his thoughts, he could see the group approaching from the town. Waving at them, he waited for them. The group approached him, and was ready to move out. Ah Azide must have given them a rundown. Well lets get to it then. "I hope you guys don't mind sleeping outside because this is a two day trip. We should be back in town tomorrow no later than the evening. If anyone is having second thoughts, now would be the time to speak up. Otherwise let's go and collect some desert treasure!"

Turning on his heel, Oikawa gestured for Azide to lead the way. "After you boss man" 

Crozeph followed the group and walked behind them. His black cloak has been attracting a lot of attention lately "heavily armored players pick on me then get angry once they realize I can still break some bones" he said. The last time he got in to trouble was because of his cloak and other players thinking of him as a beater "ha! give me proof or they don't exist" he thought and smiling. It seems the quest will also take a day and night for them, it was obvious but Crozeph hoped that the duration would be cut short. Crozeph opened his inventory and checked his equipment "sword, light armor, boots, potion, skills, and..." Crozeph closed his menu "I shouldn't equip my laziness here" he thought still following his guild members.

I walked along I the desert with my group and got really really hot. I decided sweating it out I this cloth sucked so i unequiped my shirt and continue walking shirtless.

"Oh much better come on guys join the shirtless bro society hahaha!" I said as I changed my cutlass to the "carry holster" mode.

Once I closed the menu I felt the strap on my guitar across my chest. It was surprisingly made out of some cooling ribbon material. I looked up at the bottom of the next floor. There's only 95 more from here on up. I looked back down and looked around the group.

"Hey luci, getting tired? If you want another ride feel free there's no buildings out here for me to kill us on hahaha!" I joked to luci.

Satisfied with the party's overall understanding of the quest and their objectives, Azide had taken the lead in their trip to the canyon, which thankfully hadn't been too long of a distance from the town of Armadillo. Before they'd left, X had went through the trouble of un-equipping his shirt, though this was something that he'd likely be alone in doing. "Maybe I'm just stubborn, but I actually like my equipment," he'd thought. In any case, they'd made good time in reaching the canyon that'd been marked on their mini-maps.

At the moment, two large cliffs on either side of them currently protected them from the elements. The stone that comprised them was both layered and unexpectedly smooth, implying lifetimes of weathering. Perhaps there'd even been a river that rushed between them at some point. He turned to his party members and guild mates. "Right now, these canyon walls are protecting us from the harsh conditions of the desert. Once we exit them, we'll no longer be afforded such protection. Because of that, we'll have to move quickly and efficiently in our search, or we'll be forced to return here to recover. Now that'd be extremely undesirable, so let's make this trip a quick one, shall we?" He nodded, then gestured for the group to continue onwards.

"A dry little bit of conversation, but fitting for a place like this." Ahead, he spied the desert in all of its sandy glory.

[9860] 6 - 11 - 19 - 8

I had to admit to myself, I wasn't absolutely sure that this band of misfits were going to be successful in doing anything. Certainly, I did believe everyone was of the right intent, but nobody could really fit in as that last frustrating puzzle piece that connects the rest. You had the shirtless dunce that needed some more parkour practice, two average joes with a bit of wit, a guy that talks to himself out loud, and finally me. We probably looked like a rag tag team, but it did give it a warm vibe. Speaking of warm, the heat of the desert was finally beginning to turn up as they reached the outskirts of the city. I didn't wait for any last words as it had taken quite a bit of time already, talking could be done on the potentially long trip ahead.

January 26 (Day 1) 3:30 P.M.-

It was certainly one of the hottest moments of the day. Oikawa could feel the sweat race down his faces. Exiting his glands as they continued towards the sandy death trap known as <El Perdido>. Glancing at his companions , he noticed that X had decided to go shirtless. I hope he doesn't expect us to join in on his shenanigans... *inner head sigh*. Crozeph seemed to be thinking out loud again, so Oikawa let him be. Azide and Luci strolled along more or less without word.

They had finally reached the weathered canyon, when Azide decided to speak up. He voiced his thoughts on our current condition, our surroundings, and our trip ahead of them. Oikawa nodded his head as Azide concluded his speech. He straightened his cloak and checked his gear. Then suddenly a thought popped into his head. "Guys I know this might sound weird, but how about we all tell each other our current stats and equipment. Then form little mini groups. Our strongest and our middle strongest player can pair up. Then our second strongest and the reaming two can group up. If we happened to get separated we should try to stick with our designated partner or group. Just a thought."

Luci was the first to begin walking into the harsh weather. Oikawa called out to her, "Hey Luci don't go too far yet, we should pair up at the least. That way everyone has a safety partner." 

Crozeph was already lost in thought about his equipment and didn't notice that the others has already walked into the desert. Crozeph quickly strode off following them and liked how the sun is scorching down on them "makes me feel alive" he said. As Crozeph looked at his surroundings he kept his eyes on the sand, the last time he was here on the same quest there was mobs who can move beneath the sand and mostly bones who were mysteriously brought to life "no flesh included" he thought. Crozeph then listened as Oikawa pointed out a strategy "I'll be volunteering on the rear guard" he said. Not that Crozeph is afraid of encountering mobs but he himself know his very owns skills and limitations "I don't quite work well being a frontline" he thought. Crozeph could also see X's muscle guy act but X isn't X without his funny antics. Crozeph then saw the girl on the guild, the only one if he's right walking off already to the harsh area "ok this one is gonna get into trouble" Crozeph quickly dashed forward, the sand not affecting his speed anymore and grabbed Luci's wrist with his right hand before she could take another step "the sand, it's moving" he whispered to her. Crozeph signaled at his guild members with his left hand telling them to stop "let's wait for it to pass by" he told her still holding her wrist.

After a few seconds the sifting sand stopped and Crozeph eyes the movement until and let her go "now you can continue" he said before letting out a sigh of relief "watch your step, that one would've gotten you if you stepped on it" he told her smiling, his raven-black eyes telling her a warning.

I continued walking in the heat with my guild mates. Being shirtless is really the way to go out here. Think about it would rather have the sun beating down on a piece of cloth that cooks you on the inside or would rather let the sweat flow freely down your body. I looked around at this endless desert.

"Hey how much longer!" I asked the group.

Just walking in the desert is getting real boring I just want to hurry up and get out of here. It wasn't long until I started feeling the the sand in my shoes. I then opened up the menu and unequiped my shoes and socks. The sand was hot but at the same time it didn't really bother me and felt kinda good on my bare feet.

Azide noticed Lucifer walking off into the desert, seemingly having different plans in mind compared to the more deliberate Oikawa. While the former seemed eager to finish the quest as quickly as possible, the latter wished for a bit of organization and structure, so as to ensure safety. A few moments passed by, and he looked up to see Crozeph run after her from out of the canyon. He turned to Oikawa and X and gestured for his teammates to follow their lead.

Once they'd caught up with Lucifer and Crozeph, he decided to address the guild while they traveled. "While I do think that organization would be helpful, I feel as if it might be a bit simpler for us to travel in formation instead." He braced himself as the harsh desert winds blew sand all over him, but didn't manage to cause any real harm for the time being. The harsh sunlight beat down on them as they traveled, with no shade around for miles. "I think the most effective organization would involve Lucifer in the middle, due to her lower level. As Crozeph, Oikawa and I are roughly the same level, our positions are flexible. With X included, the four of us will cover all four sides around Lucifer. Since our flanks will be traveling forward, they'll be able to spot any threats from ahead and adjust their position with ease. Because of that, we'll put X in front, backed up by our left and right in the case of any real threats appearing. Since Crozeph volunteered for rear guard, I think it's fair to let him take up that position, leaving Oikawa and I to guard the sides."

ID: 10273

CD: 6 (No health lost)

Azide HP: 28/28 (-0)

(I honestly have no idea what my stats were at the time)

(OOC: Since there hasn't been any combat yet, it doesn't matter. Just post your stats in the next post or edit your last one so you can reference it for the rest of the RP. Also skipping Luci because its been a literal week.)

Taking note of Azide's gesture, Oikawa followed everyone into the harsh sandy weather. Falling into formation, they traversed the desert. Things seemed to go fine for now. Turning his head so everyone could hear him, Oikawa spoke. "Alright so there is no clear indication of MoB activity. However, we must stay cautious as we all know the monsters on this floor can swim beneath the sand and can/will attack you if given the chance. We should also find a place to make camp for the night. We still have quite a bit of ways to go before we reach the area for the supposed cargo."

Waiting for a reply for anyone, Oikawa returned his gaze, just in time to see something coming there way. Addressing the group once more, he spoke. "Also I think we may have company..." 

Oikawa's stats:

HP: 26 DMG: 6 EVA: 2 ACC: 3 MIT: 3

+1 Thorns (Enemy BD or MD roll of 6-8)

+2 Bleed (BD roll of 8-10)

+1 HP (CD roll of 10+)