[OP-F8] Hunting the upper floors (6/6)

((Couple of ground rules: Please don't be lower than level 5, nor higher than 10. I will spawn the mobs. Col and mats will be divided as evenly as possible. This is going to be a long thread, aiming for around 6 pages, which would guarantee everyone 400 col each just from page completes. We will also be going for tougher mobs, which will generate a higher amount of col as well. Players are encouraged to have of 1-2 healing items, and a teleport crystal. All high LD rolls will be for extra mats, not extra items (if you are in need of an uncommon item, this may be too hard for you. Also, hate mechanics will be used.))

Baldur appeared on the final floor of his journey. He had gone to each floor starting at the first, and working his way up to Florenthia Village, the main settlement on the 8th floor.

As he stood there, he drew his Katana, Ama-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi, and stabbed the tip into the wood floor and then clapped his hands together as he shouted out over the teleportation gate plaza.

"I am Baldur, level 7, and I am putting together a party to delve deep into this floor in search of experience, material, and wealth. I want to form a party of like minded and leveled adventurers who are willing to brave a long journey through the floor and into its dungeon.Please, no one less than level 5, and no higher than level 10. Loot will be distributed equally. If you are interested in joining me, please let me know."

With that, he looked around the plaza and waited. It was possible some people on lower levels had heard him and were getting supplies before joining him here. Considering how long the journey there and back was, they had to make sure they had enough pots and crystals to keep them up long enough.

He rested both his hands on his sword. Tyger should be along any minute as well once she finished grabbing the last of her supplies.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(I'll be tanking for us, so you guys just focus on the mobs.)

Making sure everything was well and in it's place, the Blacksmith stepped into the plaza to take her place by Baldur on their floor. They were hoping to scout a few of the higher floors with a group of people, maybe getting quite a bit of Col and materials. That was their intention, anyway. Baldur liked leading, so Tyger just let him do his thing. The less floors she had to visit and be social on, the better. But, she hoped when it came to battle, Baldur would let her do hers as well. She was built to tank for this game, and her armor proved it. The fur cape billowed out behind her whenever a wind gust hit them, and the sunlight reflected off her metal armor. The only perfect item she didn't have was a sword, but she'd sacrificed that to give Baldur one instead.

"How many people do you think will join us?"

Tyger asked Baldur, as she waited for the group to accumulate. Icarus sat down on her feet, yawning sleepily.

"I'll tank for as many as we need to. I think Icarus will like exploring a new floor, too."

She'd keep the mobs and enemies busy while the rest of the group wailed on them. Tyger and Baldur were better prepared than others, due to their combined shop and duo fighting experience. They could test the limits with a tank and a DPS, so it just worked out in their favor almost every time they would go out and quest. She kept her eyes peeled before taking off her glasses to clean them on her coat. Afterwards, she nibbled on her field rations she'd purchased earlier. She'd be able to use them as a buff for the rest of the day, and they'd come in handy as she tanked everything. Icarus sniffed at her food, but Tyger wouldn't give any up.

- 1 Field Rations

Raeyliff teleported to Floor 8 out of curiosity to see how the place looked. As he looked around he was interrupted by the shouting of a player close by declaring that he would be going over to fight a bunch of monsters and get some loot. Tempting...I want to join as well. That would be smart, I think. he thought, heading over to the player. He nodded before putting out his hand to shake Baldur's. "Name's Raeyliff. Heard that you're going on a search for loot and equipment, and I am interested. Level 7 as well, battle-axe user. Pleased to meet you." he said, grinning. He had never met Baldur before, and looking at the girl next to him, he nodded before smiling and saying. "Hello! You'll be joining us as well?" he asked. He looked around, wondering what kind of monsters lived in this floor anyway. Knowing that this guy was also level 7 showed him that he was not in harm's way, since they were both equal...sort of. Until he got enough skill points to add to other skills of his this was all he can give to the team, but this was a chance for him to improve as well. 

Baldur had stood there in the middle of the square for a while, and other than Tyger, he hadn't seen anyone even approach him to join. He was becoming disheartened. He had hoped that this would be a good way to meet adventurers who were wanting to move to the front lines, but had been left behind by the assault team. Eventually, if they wanted to join the front ranks, it would be helpful to have a party of people who had already worked together, and understood how to operate in a group. Just when Baldur was about to give up hope, a young man approached him and greeted him with a handshake.

"I am Baldur, it's nice to meet you as well."

In answer to Raeyliff's other question, Baldur gestured to Tyger with his right hand.

"This is Tyger. She'll be tanking for us today. Having her around should cut down on any injuries, and keep our casualties to 0."

He smiled proudly at her, then returned his attention to the young man.

"We would love to have you along. Do you have any healing items, or a teleport crystal? The road is long an dangerous, and while I'm reasonably certain it will be safe, I'd like to have a backup plan. I brought spare health pots along just in case."

Tyger waited for Baldur to speak to the fella who'd walked up, and when she was gestured to, Tyger waved. She'd turned her titles off, due to the fact she didn't want the attention of 'Dragon Tamer' flaring around. She just wanted to tank stuff and kill mobs.

"Howdy. I'm Tyger, and this is Icarus."

Her familiar was introduced at the same time she was, and she crossed her arms while Baldur ran the show. At the mention of the health potions and crystal, Tyger nodded. The charcoal dragon sniffed at the newcomer, and then sat down, curling it's tail around it's paws neatly, which was ironic considering it got everything messy.

"I mean, it's best to have one anyways. Anything could go wrong, even though the floor's been explored. This game packs a few surprises."

Icarus rubbed his face against Tyger's leg, leaving a large, black smear on her leg. Tyger sighed, and scratched the dragon behind it's ear ridges. Rubbing her fingers together, she used the coal to put the two lines under her eyes, almost like war paint.

Crozeph has been following the voices that he's been hearing as he continues to explore the floor, tagging along with a group seemed to be the safest move that he could think of right now "a group of players that can help me and help them" Crozeph looked to his left and made a faint smile "a win-win situation" he said. Crozeph walked up to the first group of players that he saw and hopefully not the last "hey, I've been wandering here for a while today and heard your plan on mobs" Crozeph scratched his head "is there room for one more member of your party?" he said. Crozeph didn't know if they're about to go and fight or still planning but him asking to join them seemed a bit weird for him "ohh, by the way I'm Crozeph" he told them. He quickly lowered his head to bow in front of everyone.

Raeyliff looked down, frowning. He had just become an alchemist yet he was failing at making health potions so far. The one potion he was able to make so far was a potion that can change hair color, and that he took pride in, since it was his first potion ever. Raeyliff said, a bit sadly "No, I don't. I've recently became an alchemist but I still lack the experience to make a good health potion." he said, before looking up. Just as he was about to turn and look at the dragon, a player came out of nowhere and introduced himself as Crozeph. Ah, nice. Another player coming to join us, the more the merrier. Besides, it will help us gather more col and materials if we have more people and work together as a group. Even though I can't provide anything at the moment...he thought. Putting on a smile, he nodded. "Hey Crozeph. Welcome to the group. Yeah, we were just discussing how we're going to go with this hunt." he said. 

Baldur bowed in return to Crozeph, "I am Baldur, I will be leading the group, and this is Tyger, she will be tanking for us."

Baldur looked at Tyger as he considered the situation, he was torn between wanting to maintain a wide margin of safety, and his confidence that they had a really solid plan. Finally deciding on it, Baldur swiped downward with his fingers and brought up the party window, tapping in the direction of both players and inviting them into the party.

"Excellent. Now we just need two more. I plan to go pretty deep into the forest, and even into the dungeon if we can. That's where the best stuff is."

Baldur tapped away at his menu and opened up a trade window with Raeyliff. "Here, take this potion just in case."

-1 Health Potion traded to Raeyliff

Ariel was on a bench, in the square. She was there with her familiar, but as usual Kimba has made herself disappear. Ariel was looking around left and right, when a random guy shouted out something about a party for players bet between lvl 5 and ten..she did fit in but decided to keep looking for her familiar..She saw, players slowly joined him, she even her friend Tyger joined him, then she saw Raeyliff joining in too, she hasn't seen him since he places that order for the gloves,  she'd fought with Raeyliff at least and was pleased with his skills. "Guess it won't hurt If I join in too. Hope Kimba will show up before we leave... I don't want to waste their time looking for her."

She got up and started closing in on then. She waved to the group to get their attention and then spoke: "Hey, I'm Ariel. Lvl 8 player, I heard what you said earlier..its it too late to join?" she then nods to Raeyliff and Tyger, and gets down and pats Icarus on the head, forgetting that he leaves coal marks.

"Nice to see you again little guy." then she rubbed her palms to get rid of the coal, while awaiting a reply, smiling. Then turning her head around to spot Kimba if she was near.

(a bit late but here I am:D the inventory I have for this Rp its just 2 hp and 1 teleport crystal + the signature equipped items and stats.

Oikawa had heard a rumor that there was an 8th floor raid happening today. Wanting to see what it was all about, he rushed to the teleport gate of the 1st floor and shouted "Teleport <Florenthia Village>". Suddenly he was standing in the middle of a town he'd never had the pleasure of visiting before. Luckily he arrive just in time to see his favorite merchant, Baldur, give a speech about the supposed raid. Double checking to make sure everything was in order, he made his way to the man. He was surprised too see that a few people had joined the group,. He was even more surprised that it was players he knew.

Approaching Baldur and who he assumed was Tyger, he blacksmith of the shop attached to Baldur's, he waved to the other 3 familiar faces. His guildmate Crozeph, his ally and friend Ariel, and a buddy of his, Raeyliff. "If you still have room I'd love to be apart of this!". Looking around he remembered he hadn't really introduced himself to the pair.

"By the way my name is Oikawa." Holding out a hand towards each he awaited a response.

Icarus recognized and remembered Ariel, and raised his chin when Ariel began to pet him. Tyger smiled, and crossed her arms as she listened to everyone converse. Raeliff seemed like a good enough guy, although she'd never really seen him before aside from random passings during quests. His face was familiar. Ariel she knew. Having the Lion and the Tyger on the team was sure to be useful, and Oikawa, the bloke who'd opened a forge and took a good deal of the business was here as well. She didn't know what he looked like, but after he introduced himself, she could put the face with the name. Crozeph was a new face and name she'd never heard before, so best to introduce herself once more before they began. The party and team were full. Well, after she sent out invites to the rest of the group. 

"Nice to see you all! Looks like we've got a full group."

She grinned, shaking Oikawa's hand when it was provided. 

"There are some faces i've never seen or talked to before, so i'll go ahead and start. I'm Tyger, and this is Icarus, my familiar. He doesn't bite, but he does leave coal smudges, so if you want to keep your clothes clean, speak now or forever hold coal stains."

Tyger looked down at her pants, smudged at the exact height of Icarus's face. Just to add insult to injury, the familiar bounded over and rubbed his head against her pants, leaving yet another smudge. 

"I'll be tanking for us today, and Baldur and I will be coordinating. We're going to go in as far as we can go without posing too much danger. But, the teleport crystals and health potions may come in handy. I'll do my best to keep everything off of you guys so that we can keep our supplies. But, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you get low, do not hesitate to get out of dodge."

She didn't want anyone falling prey to the floor while she was tanking. Or heck, while she was in the immediate vicinity, for that matter. Icarus took this time, as Tyger was talking, to investigate each new face and player, one by one.

"We'll split everything down the middle, unless someone doesn't want Col or mats. Then, their share will be added back into the pot, and divvied out again."

After the rules had been established, Tyger smiled. This was going to be a blast. 

Baldur pulled up his party window and invited the last few members to the group. It brought a smile to his face to see so many names and HP bars in the upper right of his UI.

<<Baldur>> 27/27 HP

<<Tyger>> 29/29 HP

<<Raelyff>> 22/22 HP

<<Crozeph>> 26/26 HP

<<Ariel>> 24/24 HP

<<Oikawa>> 22/22 HP

"Alright." He said once the party had been filled up. He pulled his Katana out of the ground where he had stuck the blade and sheathed it ceremoniously. "We're going to try and hit this hard and fast, with hopefully minimizing the number of healing potions we'll have to use and keep our margin of safety as high as possible. Therefore, it is very important you follow the tank." He indicated Tyger.

"If not, we risk adds, and where I'm planning to take us means we really don't want that to happen. If for some reason you get knocked into the water at the base of the trees, then make your way to the base of the one we're fighting on. From the information I have on this floor, there should be a way to get out there. We will finish whatever mob we're fighting and then go to help  you. If that isn't the case, and you you find yourself in combat you can't handle, use your teleport crystal. Don't try to be a hero, no one here will look down on you."

Baldur's normally jovial expression was series as he layed out the plan. This information could be life or death, but he was bound and determined to make sure no one was going to go down from this.

"Tyger will engage first. If we're lucky, the alpha strike will kill the mob. If we have a couple unfortunate misses our hope is that it will hit her. I haven't fought in a group long enough to know if there's a first hit bonus or not like in other MMO's. If you get a crit, be careful, because you might pull aggro from Tyger. In the event that we get an add, don't attack it. Either Tyger will taunt it, or I will off tank it. If I am off tanking it, finish off whatever Tyger is fighting first, and then switch to mine."

Baldur took a deep breath before saying the last part. "In the case that things hit the fan, when Tyger or I call for a retreat, that means drop what you're doing and GTFO. Run or teleport out. Don't linger, don't try to help, don't try to finish the mob off. The sooner you disengage, the sooner Tyger and I can.

He looked to each player in turn and offered them a smile and a nod to make sure they understood what he had said.

"Our path to the dungeon will have some weaker mobs along the way for us to cut our teeth on, test our strategy, and hopefully build up some confidence and teamwork. Any questions?"

((OOC note: You will be responsible for tracking bleed. The damage will be applied on your turn. Also, thorns will only take affect if the mob is targeting said thorny player. For my sanity, please confirm the HP above (I guessed for you Crozeph. Also for my sanity, please in your sig make sure you have something in there for A) Thorns B) evasion, or anything else I need to track as the mobs. I would recommend putting your max Hp, accuracy, and base dmg in there as well, but you'll be responsible for putting that in your post. For the first mob we fight, please break everything down, after that you don't have to. Also, post order only needs to be maintained in combat. This will be a list showing everyone's current HP, please copy and paste this at the bottom of every post. If you want to see how Tyger and I have done it in the past, you can look at any of our recent threads. I don't feel like it needs to be said, but I'll put this out there. Use the perma roller and link your posts, either to the specific post or the thread. Any that don't will not be counted.

Finally, if you don't respond for 24 hours you will be skipped.

Oh, and have fun! :D))

<<Baldur>> 27/27 HP

<<Tyger>> 29/29 HP

<<Raelyff>> 22/22 HP

<<Crozeph>> 26/26 HP

<<Ariel>> 24/24 HP

<<Oikawa>> 22/22 HP

Oikawa nudged the little dragon as it did its rounds on the players. He didn't mind the coal smudge much on his hands, but if that little flying lizard touched his perfect white jacket, he'd be a very unhappy camper. Nodding as Tyger and Baldur both finished they're speeches, Oikawa checked his equipment one last time.

• Fast Stinger: +2 Damage and +1 Paralyze (Natural BD 8-10)
  • White Wolf Coat: +2 Accuracy and +1 Evasion(irrelevant since it doesn't stack with block)
  • Inquisiteur: +2 Damage Mitigation and +1 Damage
  • HP: 22 / DMG: 7 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 2(Block Skill Rank 2)
  • 2 Healing Potions and 1 Teleport Crystal

Well everything seemed to be in check, so all that was left were two questions he had. "Umm what are the *Adds* you speak of? I'm afraid I've never heard of the term. Also what is our attack order?"

Shortly after her arrival, Oikawa join in on them. "perfect..more people I can depend on..but where could she be?" Ariel still looked around for her familiar that still was nowhere to see. She listen to baldur's battle plan..simple and efficient, Tyger tanks while we deal damage and we leave at signs of serious trouble... 

While Oikawa asked about mobs and attack order, she was starting to get worried for the little lion cub. But the next instant she heard a familiar growl behind her and turned around. Kimba was behind her in a "Sit" position tilting her head at Ariel:

"where did you go off to? I was starting to get worried for a second" she wanted to be, or at least appear mad, but couldn't abstain herself from petting Kimba on the head while scolding her. The familiar began to purr while being patted, but got bored after a while and started sniffing the nearby players.

The last one she went to was Tyger's familiar, Kimba must have thought for a second that it was some kind of toy for her and extended her white paw towards it. In that moment Ariel let out a small squeal, rushing at her side she started scolding Kimba again: "I know he's cute but try not to touch Icarus okay? firstly it's not your plaything and second, I don't want to spend all night washing away the coal from your fur." But kimba ignored her and proceeded to trying to touch Icarus.

Ariel let out a sigh, then she looked at the others, saying "Sorry for that, let me introduce you. This little white, soon to be gray, lion cub is my familiar Kimba. She's lazy and a little undisciplined, but please don't get mad at her..she's like me..a free spirit:D"

(( If you pat Kimba while she's sniffing you, she starts purring like a cat:D

(I'll leave the sig with my current stats and skills here, since most likely it will change with more skills once I finish a couple of topics

NszHHwF.png<<Baldur>> 27/27 HP

<<Tyger>> 29/29 HP

<<Raelyff>> 22/22 HP

<<Crozeph>> 26/26 HP

<<Ariel>> 24/24 HP

<<Oikawa>> 22/22 HP

((great idea Oikawa and Ariel))

Baldurlevel73_zps4c158e60.jpg

Inventory: (3) Healing Potions, Matriarch's Stinger (+1DMG for 1 RP), Snowfrost (+1MIT for 1 RP), Teleport Crystal, Field Ration, [Empty],

Baldur smiled at the antics of the two familiars as they played with one another. He felt bad for the poor white lion cub though. All that white fur, and Icarus' endless supply of coal.

"Adds basically just means we're getting additional mobs. It's a term for either a boss fight that has minions in the encounter, which you would call "Adds" or if you accidentally aggro additional mobs into a fight that was unintentional, those would be adds as well."

He had almost forgotten Ariel's question.

"As to the attack order, I've given this a lot of thought. I think the most efficient order would be for Tyger to start, followed by Oikawa, then Crozeph, Ariel, and then Raeyliff, and finally myself last. Hopefully this will keep the mob's attention off of anyone who has less mitigation."

"Adds are just extra mobs that can spawn around bigger ones. You don't wanna get too close to them, or write them off quickly, because they can multiply and add up into something that becomes quite the problem."

Tyger explained to Oikawa, before listening to Ariel introduce her familiar. The tank tapped her foot, and Icarus looked over in her direction, leaving the somewhat gray lion cub alone for the time being. 

"Best behavior today. We can't afford any mistakes."

Tyger leaned down and petted the top of Icarus's head, who made a gurgling sound that Tyger could only assume was happiness. When Ariel spoke about Kimba, Tyger smiled. 

"Undisciplined is such a strong word. I prefer curious."

The girl laughed, crossing her arms. She looked to each of the faces in their ragtag group, and then over to Baldur. 

"Well, i'm ready to go. Let's go ahead and get this show on the road?"

HP: 31/31

[The Tiger's Claw - Scimitar - +2 Damage, +1 Bleed]

[The Tiger's Hide - Armor - +2 Damage Mitigation, +1 Accuracy]

[Roar - Shield - +2 Thorns, +1 Accuracy]

All of my info is stored in my signature as well. Thorns and Bleed info in signature as well. 

One Handed Curved Sword - Rank II (+2 Damage)

Battle Healing - Rank I (+1 Health per Craft Dice Roll +10)

Heavy Armor - Rank II (+2 Damage Mitigation)

Block - Rank II (+2 Evasion)

Charge - Rank I (+1 Damage to initiating attack)

Concentration (+1 to BD on turn used, 5 turn Cool Down)

Athletics (+1 Damage, +5 HP)

Howl (+3 Hate to All Enemies)

Survivor - +5 HP

Meditation

Total Damage Per Hit: 6

Accuracy: 3

Evasion: 2

Mitigation: 4

"Ahh that makes plenty of sense" Oikawa replied as he listened to the couple's explanation on "adds".  Equipping all his gear for good measure, Oikawa stood next to Tyger and Baldur. "I'm ready to go as well."

He was glad he was doing something to officially push himself. Up until this point he had played it safe and didn't attempt anything that may end up killing him. But now he felt like he could actually participate in a raid such as this. Plus what's a better way to get to know people and build alliances, than to adventure with them. If nothing else it'll build trust and reliance. Which is something they will need as the reach higher floors.

Tapping the hilt of his rapier with his hand, he patiently waited for the rest of the party to make their final adjustments.

Crozeph was listening to them as they get to know each other, arms crossed and ears listening to anything that moves suspicious. After a while he nodded, a sign that he's down with the plan. Crozeph saw hi guildmate Oikawa joining their group "nice to see you here buddy" he said. Crozeph opened his inventory and checked his equipment "I don't seem to have enough mitigation" he said. Crozeph closed his menu and reached for his sword, Crimson Flare. The sword glimmered as he tried swinging it down creating a re colored remnant on it's direction "as long as I have this, I can have better chances of survival" he thought. having a single potion for healing may not be the best  he has but he's completely broke by now that he can't even buy a better armor for himself "I guess it's a pain relying on monster loot" he said. Crozeph sheathed his sword and looked at his party members "let's get this started" he said. Crozeph then remembered something in his inventory "oh yeah, I got this a few days ago" he said. Crozeph opened his inventory and changed his light armor, something that would greatly help him on their battle "better keep myself safe at all times" he said.

• equipped Angel Soul
  • light armor, +3 damage mitigation

While listening to the others, Ariel pulled out a rag from her recent fails kneeled down to clean Kimba's paw, carefully avoiding to directly touch her fur. She didn't want to freak out in front of them(Ariel suffers of Ailurophobia), now when they were ready to begin their adventure. After finishing cleaning her paw Ariel patts her familiar on the head and then addresses Tyger.

"I would've been so happy if she was only curious... I don't know about Icarus but she tends to leave me behind and wander on her own, at least when we're in towns. Like a while ago before joining you she went off somewhere...and got me worried a little, before showing up behind me...I guess we still have to get to know each other better." then she addresses the rest of the group while standing up. "In any case we're ready to go, now where to?". Kimba lets out a small growl in agreement while raising up in her 4 legs and carefully positioning herself at Ariel's right.

6153dce4c7c7734c2135dfcfdfaf6282_zps8001

Once everyone was ready, Baldur nodded in satisfaction to the group. They were a rag-tag bunch now, but after a few fights he felt like they could operate like a well oiled machine. Hopefully, Baldur thought, this will help be good training for the front lines. That thought helped him steel his resolve for what they would face ahead. He took a few steps forward and gestured for everyone to follow him. The town itself was suspended around and in giant trees that were raised above the swampy floor below them. There were monsters down there, but the water affected your moment and it was too risky at this point. They would stick to the trees for now.

As they crossed the final bridge leaving the city in the northern direction, it was wide enough for several players to walk abreast of one another, but some of the paths got far more narrow. Even deeper into the forest and sometimes you had to walk on wide branches or giant, arching roots in order to get from one tree to the next. Front what he had seen, there weren't any land masses on this floor.

They were perhaps several trees down the line when they came across the first mob. They had deviated from the main bridge trail significantly by this point. Mobs on that path would be easier, and his would take them in the direction of the floor's labyrinth tree.

<<Forest Stalker>> 30/30 HP

3 DMG per Hit

The forest stalker was a lean, wicked looking creature. It almost seemed like a wolf, but perverted by some dark force. It had no eyes, and its snout was far longer than any wolf had right to be, perhaps even as long as Baldur's arm, and it had several, shark like rows of teeth. The wicked claws on its feet let it grab onto the bark of trees and climb about without need to use bridges or ladders.

"Tyger, you're up!" Baldur called out, pointing forward.

--Turn Order--

H0<<Tyger>> 31/31 HP

H0<<Oikawa>> 22/22 HP

H0<<Crozeph>> 26/26 HP

H0<<Ariel>> 24/24 HP

H0<<Raeyliff >> 22/22 HP

H0<<Baldur>> 27/27 HP

<<Forest Stalker>> 30/30 HP