AMA: I'm Baldur, ask me anything! :P

So I realized I never made an intro thread, better late than never, huh?

Just a bit about me.

I'm worried I might be the oldest member on the site (I'm 30 IRL).

I started RPing on forums back in '97, though it's been several years since I've done anything (and boy do I feel rusty).

I was born on the big Island of Hawaii, lived in California and now Georgia.

I have successfully completed the test for black belt in Iaido, though unfortunately not officially. Life got in the way and I had to step away from martial arts for about a year, I'm looking forward to getting back into it and Aikido.

I have competed (successfully) at the college level in fencing.

I have practiced more style of Karate than I can actually remember :P

When I started watching Anime, there was only one store that sold it (Suncoast) and you got it on a VHS tape that had 3-4 episodes, and you would wait months between tapes coming out. If you were lucky, you could rent 1 or 2 from blockbuster. Except when I lived in Hawaii. Back then, there were so many japanese people, that we got everything years before it made it to the mainland, which was really nice.

If you saw my post in the RL picture thread, you'd see I also play a character known as "Sir Clark of Kent" aka, the Renaissance superman.

I think that's just about everything interesting about my life :P but if you have any questions, ask away! haha

Eyy martial arts! I'm pretty new into the field, I did like a year and half of kickboxing and now I'm starting out with shotokan and its wonderful. (I'm also learning sword and shield combat :v)

I can't imagine renting tapes to watch anime. Kudos for the dedication.

It's an AMA I should post a question, right?

What music are you into?

I'm musically challenged, but I'll listen to anything but rap. If I'm posting or trying to keep my energy up i tend to listen to awesome video game music. I have a website that has a shuffle list of game music remix. Otherwise i really enjoy classical. I've always wanted to go to the concert that does the symphony cover of video game music. Speaking of, i need to go buy tickets...

Im a Sandan in Iaido been a practitioner since I was 5

It is probably my favorite martial art ever. I really want to get into Kendo as well, but... unfortunately there are only so many hours in the day.

I'm getting ready to order my Iaito from swordstore

That's really impressive. I've always had to borrow the Iaito from the dojo cause of reasons (typically money :P)

And that's always been what I didn't like about Kendo... it became too much of a "game" and gave up a lot of the kenjutsu aspects.

But I get to hit people with a Shinai, so it has redeeming qualities.

I hear you, I've had to fence against tiny left  handers in fencing, and that's a challenge because it's all backwards (They're used to it, you're not) and they have a tiny legal hit area, so I've gotta leverage my reach :P Thankfully I have long arms and legs.

Interesting introduction Baldur. I got my black belt in kyokushin-kai karate last year and im working towards my 2nd dan. There is no 10th dan in kyokushin as the master of it died before he appointed another person a 10th dan, once you get to 4th it's extremely hard to progress. I have actually also trained a lot in Aikido and Hapkido, I extremely enjoy taking classes in them. I attended afew kendo classes when i visited Okinawa for special overseas training in kyokushin, not really my style but it was fun. (Im more of a bow staff guy) 

I'm musically challenged, but I'll listen to anything but rap. If I'm posting or trying to keep my energy up i tend to listen to awesome video game music. I have a website that has a shuffle list of game music remix. Otherwise i really enjoy classical. I've always wanted to go to the concert that does the symphony cover of video game music. Speaking of, i need to go buy tickets...

'I'm musically challenged' I feel you

Also like holy shhh everybody has a lot of experience with martial arts OuO

I have successfully completed the test for black belt in Iaido, though unfortunately not officially. Life got in the way and I had to step away from martial arts for about a year, I'm looking forward to getting back into it and Aikido.

that part where life got in the way...I thought SAO-RPG's very own "Life" got in your way  :cool:

Baldur, reveal to us your true identity. Or if I'm being too vague, allow me the chance to add some clarity to my words.

Baldur = Baldur = Bald

Who do we know happens to be bald?

ErbMit_News_Walt_1.jpg

Well, yes, there's him. But there's also another!

Lex_Luthor_by_AwesomenessDK.jpg

Not convinced?

Baldur is a merchant. A businessman, if you will.

Who we know that happens to be a businessman?

doit.jpg

Surely I must be speaking of Gustavo Fring, right?

lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

Finally, Baldur seems to be familiar with one "Sir Clark of Kent".

sir_clark_of_kent_by_lord_paladin-d3gt54

Who do we know that happens to be familiar with a Clark Kent?

lexluthorcakes.jpg

Now we're talking.

Come on Baldur, I think it's about time you tell the people the truth.

Okay, one last picture.

64394fdad4e52dc018a1fd891ff0aec733975533

There we go.