[PP-F1] (COMPLETE) <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> (Oikawa, Teayre, Calrex)

Oikawa had led the other two companions of his to the front of the forest. "Alright seeing as how this is your first quest. I will party up with you guys. When In a party we take turns attacking rather than just attacking whatever on a whim. We generally acknowledge the end of our take or action by calling for a switch especially when we want to chain combos on an enemy. Aside from that, treat this just like any other adventure you've been on and don't forget to have fun!"

Looking over the other two he added one last bit. "Oh yeah the Quest we will be completing has been sent to you. Make sure you hit accept or you won't gain anything from the journey." Sending the message he waited for the sounds of confirmation so they could get a move on.

Quest Name: Secret Medicine of the Forest

Quest Location: Forest- Floor 1
Quest Description: The player must retrieve a medicine ingredient («Little Nepent's Ovule», indicated on the quest mob by a large blooming flower) from a rare variant of Little Nepent (a plant-type mob).
Requirements: RP on the first floor. Must be at least 2 pages.

Rewards: 
Anneal Blade (One person)
Skill Point (Per Person)
Edit: The Anneal Blade can have a +1 stat added to it now that the system has been put to use 

Accept?

(O)     (X)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calrex nodded as Oikawa sent him the quest information and confirmation, reviewing it and taking a second to contemplate it before tapping the blue circle, approving his participation in the quest, "Everything looks good here, I'm all set."

He put his hands behind his head as the group waited for Teayre's decision, "Well, if this quest is for the first floor it shouldn't be too hard, of course if my luck with the last battle is consistent it may prove to be more difficult than I thought."

He drew his sword, giving it a few twirls, getting the feel for it once again, "All of my strikes either flew a couple inches above or to the right of where I thought it was going to go." He held the sword in his off hand, giving a couple of swings without the sword in his right hand, noting where the sword should go it he did, "It's not the calibration that's the problem. It looks like the game simulated the weight of the sword as well. It just might be I'm not used to that detail. If I take that into account, it could be the reason why my strikes were flying just a little off of the mark."

Tapping the blue circle, Teayre quickly makes sure that all her items are equipped before walking forwards.

"Cal, can I doodle on your hand again? Fiddling helps keep me calm... It's okay if you don't want to let me though. Oikawa you don't have a nickname yet.... Hmmm...."

Pondering for a moment before her eyes light up.

"Kawi, that's your name now cause you're nearly always happy, even if a bit broody but cool. So Kawi any tips on fighting, I think I heard someone saying about switching somewhere but not sure what it means really... Sorry I know I'm a bit of a bother."

"Kawi? Well that's way better than some nicknames I've had. As for the thing about switching it hard to explain. It's one of those learn as you fight things." Checking the time, he clasped his hands together, and started for the entrance. "Okay guys, keep your eyes open for medium-sized plant like creatures. Especially ones with flower tipped heads. These creatures are called Little Nepents. they don't deal much damage but they are annoying all the same.

Oikawa led them inside. He did a quick scouting and gestured for the other two to follow. "As for fighting tips, here's a few. Number one: Always remain calm." He paused briefly, as the sound of rustling bushes attracted his attention. "Draw your weapons. This is the prime time for Little Nepents to be active. Also, Tip 2: Always stay aware."

Calrex nodded as Oikawa gave them his two tips for combat, "Two things I always do."

He flipped his sword into reverse and he crouched low, following Oikawa's path. He gave a very small laugh as he thought of the new nickname Teayre just gave Oikawa, but then quickly let the thought pass through his head. "Alright, so the creatures we're looking are Little Nepents which are plant-like creatures. Maybe some minor form of a Treant you would see in other games?"

He gave a few glances behind him to make sure that the three weren't being tailed, scanning his surroundings. He kept his ears open to make sure he didn't miss any possible sounds that the monsters might make. So far...nothing at the moment,

Slowly drawing her weapon at Oikawa's command, Teayre's eyes scan the surronding area not noticing anything out of the ordinary.

"Why's he telling us to draw our weapons...There's nothing going on... Unless he's spotted something I won't notice yet better watch him carefully."

Keeping an eye on OIkawa and Calrex, Teayre follows them just carrying on her carefree stroll, although a little bit tenser now that her companions where on edge.

"Would it be worth setting up a fight order now, I'm guessing the term 'Switch' means we swap in fights, if there's an order in mind then we can easily sort stuff out."

Oikawa was just about to answer Teayre when the rustling in the bushes got a bit louder. Putting a finger to his lips, he pointed at himself and stuck up one finger. Then he pointed to Teayre and put up two fingers. Finally he pointed to Cal and raised 3 fingers. He hoped they realized that was the order in which they would attack. Stealthily, Oikawa made his way to the bush. He then suddenly jumped backwards as 2 <Dire Wolf's> jumped from the thicket.

<Dire Wolf>: 11 HP *1 damage

Raising his blade, Oikawa took the first assault.  Darting back and forth between the two, Oikawa waited until he had Dire Wolf 1 separated from the other one. Then he quickly let out a series of thrusts. Connecting on several of the blows (Dealt 7 damage), Oikawa backed up and yelled. "Switch Teayre! It should be easy to finish off! Cal watch our back for number 2. We don't want any nasty surprises. "

#9027 BD: 8 (6+2 ACC)  MD: 0 (1-2 EVA)

~Oikawa~

22/22

~Teayre~

9/9

~Calrex~

13/13 (Level 5 right? Unless you're still RPing as Level 3? In which case 9/9)

~Dire Wolf 1~

4/11

~Dire Wolf 2~

11/11

Seeing the wolves come darting out of the brush, Teayre shifts her wait onto her back foot ready  to act her sword held loosely to her side. Upon hearing the call

"Switch Teayre" from Oikawa she dashes raising her sword. Swinging towards the boar her sword gets stuck in the brush to the side of her. Letting out a stream of curses she jumps back letting go of the sword unable to pull it free,

"Cal, Switch! My swords stuck"

"Just my luck to bugger up my sword, Kawi I'll get it when I can you guys focus on the mobs!"

Berating herself, she lets out a deep sigh. "Guess I didn't clear my mind enough."

Dice & Health

ID:9036  BD:1

~Oikawa~

22/22

~Teayre~

9/9

~Calrex~

13/13

~Dire Wolf 1~

4/11

~Dire Wolf 2~

11/11

ID: 9048

Battle Dice: 5

"You got it. Keep an eye on our backs!"

Right after Teayre asked for him to switch, Calrex immediately dashed in, his sword at the ready.

"A Dire Wolf huh? Alright then, wolves tend to be swifter or have a higher Agility. I'd be adjust accordingly."

As he got within striking range Calrex sent out a quick jabbing striking so that he would be ready to react quicker than he would with a full swing. The strike got just within a hair's distance of connecting when the wolf pounced to the right, the strike cutting through air. "I thought so. Alright then I'll stick with quick strikes for now. If my body's not used to the weight simulation of the sword I'd best not risk using longer swings at the moment."

"Anything coming at us from behind?"

"Cal switch back" Oikawa commanded as the two switched places. Wolf 2 who had been lurking for the beginning of the battle decided to get in on the action. It raced off towards Teayre. Teayre watch out!", Oikawa shouted as Wolf 2 attacked. Lunging forwards, the wolf snapped at air, as Teayre successfully evaded its bite. Oikawa focused on Wolf 1 yet again. "Cal make sure Wolf 2 doesn't get confident again and try to attack. I'll finish Wolf 1."

Narrowing his focus, Oikawa darted straight at the wolf. Side stepping a feral lunge by the wolf Oikawa, sunk his blade into the upper chest of Wolf 1 (Dealt 7 damage). It exploded into pixels. Only leaving behind a loot orb. Picking it up, Oikawa directed there next move. "Teayre you're up! Deal the first blow to that pup!"

[Oikawa- The Faint received 1 Wolf Bone (material)]

Wolf 2- #9050 MD: 3

#9051 BD: 8 (6+2 ACC) LD: 3 MD: 2 (4-2 EVA)

~Oikawa~

22/22

~Teayre~

9/9

~Calrex~

13/13

~Dire Wolf 1~ DEAD

0/11

~Dire Wolf 2~

11/11

Rolling towards her sword she retrieves it now that the wolf with the black streak dispersed. Drawing it from the bushes  trusting Calrex to watch her back she manages to free her blade, spinning round and springing towards the other wolf, noting it's left eye had a scar across it she decides to attempt a strike from that side.

Using Calrex to block the wolf's sight of her briefly she dances around unleashing a flurry of blows on the wolf, hearing a whine followed by a growl it became obvious that Teayre had dealt some damage. Feeling her body freeze again she calls out "Switch Cal!"

ID9107 BD: 7

Wolf 2 takes 2DMG

~Oikawa~

22/22

~Teayre~

9/9

~Calrex~

13/13

~Dire Wolf 1~ DEAD

0/11

~Dire Wolf 2~

9/11

ID: 9139

Battle Dice: 1

Watching as Teayre charged forward to attack, Calrex took not of the wolf's scarred eye as well. He wasn't sure if it was an aesthetic modification to the appearance or not, he figured that at this point his own strikes wouldn't prove to be as helpful as leading strikes. Since Oikawa was the next to switch after him and Teayre had just struck on it's "weaker" side he figured to give Oikawa an opening by forcing the wolf to move.

"Since she just swing from that side..."

As Teayre spoke, Calrex rushed in, "Alright...strike over here...now!"

Calrex swung down to the left side of the wolf. Since Teayre had just struck from that side, he figured if the AI was adaptive it would be more aware of any strikes coming from that side. Right on queue the wolf leapt to the right, avoiding his strike, "Oikawa now! Switch!"

"On it" Oikawa yelled as he flew by Calrex and rushed at the Wolf. Gripping the rapier tightly in his right hand, he thrusted his blade straight at the wolf's side. The wolf yelped as its grey pelt was blemished with a bright red slash (Dealt 7 damage). Fading away, the wolf had regained its stance and set forth to attack Oikawa. The wolf leaped into the air and came crashing down on the boy. Oikawa used his shield to fen off as many snaps as he could from the mutt, but he didn't block them all as a piece of his HP went missing (Received 1 damage). Having finally gained some ground, Oikawa booted the dog off of himself and called for another switch. "Go for it Teayre!"

#9148 BD: 7 (5+2 ACC) CD: 6 MD: 7 (9-2 EVA)

~Oikawa~

21/22

~Teayre~

9/9

~Calrex~

13/13

~Dire Wolf 1~ DEAD

0/11

~Dire Wolf 2~

2/11 (-7)

Rolling behind the wolf, Teayre readies her blade before dashing forward running her sword along the length of the wolf's side when she reaches Calrex, she throws her arms around him.

"Switch." she mutters in his ear, as the wolf bursts into pixels behind her.

Turning around she notices a loot orb hovering above the wolf, walking over she quickly looks through it and sees something, she let's out a gasp of air before quickly accepting the drop.

(OOC How do I get loot approved btw?)

ID: 9220  BD: 7 / CD: 5 / LD: 20

~Oikawa~

21/22

~Teayre~

9/9

~Calrex~

13/13

~Dire Wolf 1~ DEAD

0/11

~Dire Wolf 2~ DEAD

0/11 (-2)

OOC: I have no idea XD

As the wolf burst into pixels behind Teayre Calrex gave a small sigh of relief that the battle was finished, "Well, that's one battle down."

"...and still not a single connecting attack on my part. At the least that last strike seemed to go exactly where I had planned for it to go. Now I've just gotta apply that into making an actual hit. Baby steps Calrex, baby steps."

"Nice work guys." He partially sheathed his sword so that the blade was all the way into the sheath, but was not locked into place. "Alright, let's keep moving."

Oikawa jogged towards the other two. "You two alright? If so, lets continue." Oikawa led the way as they walked through the paths of the forest. The canopies above allowed little light through, yet the forest had a natural light element to it. He observed the verdant scenery that surrounded them. Shrubs and trees alike lined the walkway they traveled. Swaying with the slight breeze that casually flowed from one side of the area to the other.

"Hey guys lets take a small break. My legs are starting to ache. Plus we should re-hydrate." With that, he a water bottle and a piece of bread materialized in front of Oikawa. Sitting on a near by log, he indulged in his little snack.

"I'm good to carry on, what about you Cal?"

Following Oikawa, Teayre begins to hum again her eyes darting everywhere watching for any signs of movement that seemed out of the ordinary.

"Dumm, Dumm Dum de dum de dum duh dum dum dum dum"

"Wow... this world, it's so realistic there's a breeze and I can feel the sun beating down through the trees... It's weird."

Hearing Oikawa's suggestion to take a break, Teayre draws her sword and steadily swings it feeling it's weight.

"It's too light, Kawi, do you know much about swords like Katanas in this game I know I need to get my curved sword skill to rank 3 before the skill becomes available but other than that I don't know too much. Like how to obtain one for instance although I doubt I would be able to get one on the first floor."

Flicking open her menu, Teayre begins to browse the different skills available to her at this moment in time even if she can't learn them yet. 

"Parry, would be good perhaps acrobatics to... Hmmmm will have to see what I can pull together."

"I'm fine for now. No worse for wear so far."

Calrex found a stump that was near the group, taking a seat. The forest itself without any enemy creatures around seemed fairly peaceful and serene. There was the usual ambiance of the woods like the sounds of a nearby stream, smaller creatures running through the trees, and such. He took a deep breath, letting his senses relax.

"So far the group is still in good shape. Oikawa was the only one to take a hit, but due to his current level he's still in good shape. Once he's rested we can easily press forward. Going from the level distribution of the group I'm pretty sure that we'll be fine in this quest so far. However, I'm not sure about the final part. I wonder if there's going to be a boss at the end that we have to fight."

I suppose we didn't technically have to stop for me to eat. I guess I just wanted a change of pace. Often times we rush through quests and forget to enjoy the small things this game allows. Such as the realistic breeze and the sway of trees and even the heat of the sun. All things you normally wouldn't see in other games. But here, here it's so surreal. Teayre had begin swinging her blade around when her question snapped Oikawa from his thoughts. "I know a few things about swords being a blacksmith and all. You can have a sword made for you, One that suits your preferences. As for the Katana, it is available on any floor by request of a blacksmith. We can make one for you."

Oikawa paused to take another bite of his bread and sip of his water. Then he continued. "I think the athletics skill is a good skill to buy once you have the skill points for it. Permanent plus one damage and permanent plus five health! Sign me up haha!" Taking the last few bites of his bread and chugging the water, Oikawa got up and stretched. "Well since Cal said he's ready and you seem to be ready as well, lets continue shall we?"

"I see your point. Hmm... When I get the skill, do you think you would be able to craft me one? We can go hunting for the mats and make a good time of it, although it'll be better when I can get to a higher floor."

Tightenning her grip, Teayre began practicing her hits on a tree slowly taking chunks of wood out if it before stopping. Wiping her forehead with the back of her hand, she looks at Oikawa and Calrex sat down and relaxing.

"Say... Is there a river nearby at all? Might be nice to go for a swim enjoy ourselves a bit, make the most of our time here. That and we might find some bits lurking at the bottom of the river or around it that'd make good loot."