[PP-F1] (COMPLETE) <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> (Oikawa, Teayre, Calrex)

Calrex nodded as Oikawa got to his feet, standing up from the stump he was sitting on. He adjusted his sword in its sheath so that it rested correctly before looking at the group. He was listening to their conversation concerning the creation of weapons, in particular the katana.

"I wonder if there's any particular skills that would apply to the one handed straight swords. I haven't heard of any at the moment."

He looked over at the two as he took a deep breath, "Well we'll see if it's possible. In any case shall we keep moving?"

"I wonder if there is even a combat mechanic while underwater. I haven't seen anyone doing any swimming in the water, so I hope its not something like an auto-death if you sink in."

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'd be happy to make you a katana when you're ready!" Flashing his usual grin, he gestured just east of where they were standing. "As for rivers, I don think any flow throught this forest. But I do know of a watering hole note to far from here." Stretching his legs, Oikawa stood up and led the way.

They traversed the east interior of the jungle. After about ten minutes of walking and a slight uphill climb, they arrived at the bottom of a waterfall. "I found this place a while back. It's a great place to clear your mind and think. Very few creatures, if any, come around here. So it's easy to find yourself relaxing comfortably." Oikawa brought um his clothing menu and changed it to his swim trunks but still left his rapier equipped just in case a water monster spawned nearby.

Jumping in he beckoned the other two, to do the same. "Oh come on, you guys! The waters fine. Really. Plus the Little Nepents aren't going anywhere anytime soon." I need some R&R anyhow. The cost grind for leveling this month has tired my body significantly. Oh well, you can't become a front-liner if you don't put in the work.

Teayre stopped, dumbfounded in awe at the beautiful sight before her. The waterfall cascading down into a small lake below the crystal clear water shimmering in the sun. A faint breeze was gliding through the clearing as she let out a small sigh.

"Wow... This is so beautiful..."

Quickly calling up her menu she looks through and finds she hasn't got anything but the starting set of clothes she shrugs as she unequips everything bar her underwear before diving in after Oikawa calling to him as she does so

"Kawi! Watch out!

Breaking the surface of the water Teayre flings her hair back and looks around the area making sure it's safe before floating on her back a smile creeping across her face.

"This sure is nice, I hope it can last for a while. Who'd of thought I'd be here with those two."

"Say when we get back Kawi, could you show me round your shop? Maybe show me a how you make your weapons?"

Pausing for a moment, closing her eyes and opening them, Teayre swims over to where Calrex is stood and carefully gathering some water in her hands she throws it towards him.

"A watering hole? Huh, I wasn't expecting this in the middle of the forest. Wonder if it's a brief respite for players in case they need to recover from a battle."

He went over to a nearby rock as Oikawa had changed to a pair of swimming trunks.

"Swimming trunks? I guess that means we can swim in the water after all. That's good to know."

As his eyes scanned the area he glanced back at the area nearby the watering hole, seeing Teayre was preparing to go in the water as well.

"Huh, I guess Teayre had a pair of swimming clothes as well. I wonder where in the city they bought it a..."

His train of thought was lost as he saw no new clothes appeared on her, but rather right as he glimpsed the first pixel he recognized from previous games it was the avatar of a character without external clothing equipped. His calm was immediately broken as he almost fell on his back in surprise.

"Whoa WHOA WHAT IN THE?!"

As he heard a splash made from a person making contact with water he quickly righted himself and took a quick breath to calm himself.

"Oookay...well that was unexpected. Whoah!"

Calrex dove to the side as he saw a blast of water fly towards him, seeing it impact against the rock he was previously sitting on, responding with a smirk, "Nice try there Teayre."

His beckoning didn't go completely unanswered as Teayre surprisingly stripped down to just her undergarments and plunged in. Avoiding a clash and splash, Oikawa looked up at Calrex, and teased him. "You aren't afraid of water are you?  You can stand in it I promise!" He said with a grin as he moved closer towards the bank and stood up. "See, we're all good!"

Teayre then approached the rock Cal was standing on and attempted to splash him. It proved null as he easily side stepped the watery encounter. "Stop gawking and hop in haha" jeered the boy as he swam over to Teayre and sent a mini tidal wave at her with the sweep of his arms.

Teayre gasped a huge breath as she saw Oikawa send a mini tsunami her way, diving underneath the surface she swims down the lake a bit hoping to get out of their line of slight before quickly surfacing for air. As she surfaces she has a quick look around and sees the boys still in sight. Letting out a sigh she quickly takes another breath and dives back under this time swimming towards Oikawa. Just as her breath is reaching it's limit she tries and grabs the blonde boy's legs and pull them up to dunk him under the water.

As she surfaces after her attempt she begins to pant.

"You... git... I'll.. get... you... back... for... that.. at... some... point..."

"Heh, thanks for the offer, but I'll pass this time." 

He moved over to just am arms length away from the water, around the same time that the wave of water went towards Teayre, "And before you ask, I can swim perfectly fine." He gave a smirk as he saw Teayre try to fake drown Oikawa, sitting down where he had moved.

He adjusted his sword so that he rested on the ground without pushing against his back. He crossed his left foot under his right leg, his right bent so his knee pointed upwards.

"By the way, are there any fish in that pool? I don't see any from here."

"Suit yourself haha!" Oikawa laughed it bit before feeling a sudden tug on his leg. "Trying to dunk the King of the Waterfall are ya?" Oikawa teased as Teayre gasped for air. Swimming towards her, he grabbed her by the waist and dunked her into the water. Sputtering out some of the water, Oikawa looked up at Cal and spoke. "Sure sure. Tell us whatever" Grinning mischievously. he cupped his hands under the water and begin sending water shots at Cal from a distance. "You're not gonna make it outta here dry mate!"

Calrex was unaware of the incoming water squirts when he asked the question about fishes. "I don't think I've seen any the few times I've been up here. That, or they all swim away at the sound of players."

Lurking in the distance, a medium-sized fin cut through the surface of the water. Swimming towards the players, it ducked beneath the surface and homed in on its targets.

Spluttering from Oikawa dunking her, she swims over to the bank getting out of the water she mutters something about being soaked to the bone.

"Oi you guys, would either of you like to have a duel? Just a first hit one I want to try this weapon out..."

Opening up her menu she unequips her soaked clothing before equipping her sword lying on her back she closes her eyes.

"You know this sun it beautiful.... Nice and warm..." 

Letting out a sigh...

"Wake me when we need to move on, or if one of you wants a dual."

With that she closed her eyes letting the sun soak into her body, warming her through.

As the water came flying at him, Calrex was already thinking about his question as the first one him on the top of his head. The second one he raised his hand to deflect it, and the rest he quickly moved to the side to avoid it, "Dang, you caught me asking a question!"

He shook his head, letting the water fly out of his head. Calrex shook his hand to get the rest of the water off of his hand as he sat down once again, "Well that was..."

His eyes quickly scanned the water in the distance. He had previously casually looked over to see if he could see anything before noticing the trace of something moving down beneath the surface. "Oikawa, there's something in the water behind you."

He quickly got to his feet and drew his sword, "Well, I wasn't planning on going into the water, but Oikawa has his back turned, and Teayre just got out of the water."

He took a quick step before leaping into the water, holding his breath as he dove underneath. Holding his sword in reverse, he brought it across his body, pressing his back against the edge of the water, "This way it can only attack me from my current field of vision. Under the water it's a bit harder to see further away, so I'll need to react fast once I notice it."

"Haha told you man!" Oikawa stated as he waded through water. He was just about to splash Teayre again when she decided to get out of the water. Looking up at her, Oikawa stammered through pouted lips. "Aww you guys are no fun. Guess I'll get out of the water too." He hadn't even started to swim back to shore when Calrex yelled about something being in the water behind him. Turning on a dime Oikawa scanned the water near him. No signs of any immediate danger. Just to be safe however he unsheathed his rapier and attempted to one- handed backstroke back to shore.

Calrex jumped into the water. Obviously worried about Oikawa's safety. As he neared the underwater player, he patted his back to get his attention. "Whatever's out there, I'm sure we can handle it better on the shore." With that he began to swim back towards Teayre.

Cracking open her eyes from the ruckus called by the other two, Teayre notices a small movement in the water, looking underneath the crystal clear water she spots a large fish heading straight for Oikawa.

"Get out of the water now!" 

Standing up she grits her teeth whilst drawing her Falchion.

"There's something coming and it's big, let's not fight it in the water if we can avoid it."

Running to the waters edge she offers her hand to the nearest person.

Calrex had prepared himself for an underwater engagement when Oikawa tapped him on the shoulder, directing him to head back onto the shore.

"Oikawa's right, in the water our movements are much slower than they would be on land. Whatever creature is in here would be at a significant advantage."

He slowly allowed himself to rise upwards until his head broke the surface, giving a quick shake to remove the water that rushed over to try and keep his vision unobscured. He turned slightly and noticed Teayre extending her hand out to help one of the two up. He nodded and extended his hand, grasping hers as he raised himself out of the water. Immediately after he turned to face the water once again, his sword pointed at the edge of the pool.

"Now the question is if this monster is amphibious..."

"We should take a couple steps back so that we'll have time to react incase it decides to jump out."

Oikawa watched as Teayre pulled Cal out of the water. Checking over his shoulder one last time, he heaved himself onto shore and sat for a bit. He let the sun nearly dry him off, before he re-equipped his gear. Nodding as Calrex demonstrated concern for there safety, Oikawa scooted away further from the bank. Once he was all ready to go he turned to face the other two. "Well I think that's enough water for today haha."

Then there was a sudden rustle in the trees. Oikawa reacted first. He rushed to the tree line ans scoped out the area. Just as quickly as he arrived, he was snatched into the jungle by a large whip like rope. Swing ing his blade at the vine, he severed the connection and dropped loose. The creature that tried to nab him, attempted to escape , but Oikawa caught it by one of its remaining vines and dragged it towards the duo. 

The creature didn't like that as it thrashed about swinging it vines in a crazy manner. Oikawa addressed the others while fending off the onslaught of vine attacks. "This giant plant is a Little Nepent. We're lucky however as this the plant variant one" he said as he motioned towards the red plant crowning the creature. "If we kill this thing it should drop the loot we need to complete this quest."

Oikawa jumped back and raced forward. Raising his rapier Oikawa thrusted at the monsters stalk. The Nepent was quicker than he anticipated though, as it dodged the strike and knocked Oikawa to the side with another whip-like attack. Calling from the ground, Oikawa yelled "Teayre, switch!". A quick surge of relief passed over Oikawa. His battle healing had just kicked in.

ID: 9698 BD: 4 (2 + 2 ACC) / CD: 10 / MD: 7 (9- 2 EVA)

~Oikawa~

20/22 (-1) (3 damage + 1 critical damage - 2 damage mitigation + 1 HP Battle Healing)

~Teayre~

9/9

~Calrex~

13/13

~Little Nepent~ 

20/20 *3 Base Damage

Seeing Oikawa dash behind them, Teayre pulls with all her strength before drawing her sword and dashing towards the little nepent, weaving in and out of the flaying tentacles she slashes at a few of the ones closer to her managing to cut through a few of them she mutters to herself distracted momentarily.

"This weapon is good, there's weight to it and it seems to follow my arm correctly, guess I'll stick with this till I get my katana sorted out."

Bringing herself back to the fight she is caught off guard by one of the vines, blocking the blow she is sent flying back into the ground.

"Cal, Switch!"

"Damn this thing is tough."

Slowly standing she spits some blood into the ground.

"Guess I'd better use my 'freedom' to my advantage, with just my sword equipped I should be a bit more nimble."

"KAWI, CAL, Be careful."

ID: 9699

BD: 6 (5 +1ACC)

Oikawa

20/22

Teayre

9/9

Calrex

13/13

Little Nepent

18/20 2 Damage

OOC: Finally a hit!

ID: 9707

Battle Dice: 8

Calrex kept his calm as he observed the scene unfolding. A few moments after Oikawa had pulled himself from the water he was immediately engaged by another creature from the forest, which was immediately dragged back into view when he managed to free himself.

"So this creature is what we have to kill in order to complete the quest. That seems a bit too easy. We'd best be careful. For all we know that creature in the water could join the battle as a surprise partner."

After Teayre dealt and almost took a strike from the creature he grasped his sword slightly tighter than before, focusing his senses.

"Now not the time to worry about missing. I've already tested this twice, and it seems like my blows are now landing where I'm thinking they will. Now for an actual hit."

As Teayre switched with him he quickly sprinted forward, his sword pointing forward from his right shoulder.

"Alright...let this hit!"

As he got within striking range the Little Nepent whipped a few vines at him. As the vines drew closer he swung down right in front of him, the vine right in his path being sliced while the other four shot past him on both sides. Without losing momentum he closed in, rotating once before thrusting forward in a fierce stab. The stab hit true and pierced the Little Nepent, immediately stopping his momentum.

He immediately looked back as he was the four vines that whipped around him tried to close the gap to try and ensare him. He quickly leapt back before they could complete their movement, landing back out of striking range. "Switch!"

HP Counter

Oikawa: 20/22

Teayre: 9/9

Calrex: 13/13

Enemies:

Little Nepent: 16/20 (2 Damage)

Oikawa observed as his teammates attacked with fluidity. Teayre landed a nice blow on the creuture before being knocked to the side. And Calrex had landed his first hit ever if Oikawa recalled correctly. "It's about time Cal haha! Finally adjusted to the game?" Not really waiting for answer, he switched as his turn approached yet again.

The Nepent had to have been somewhat irritated. The fact that not only could it not drag the player off, but that it had engaged in a fight it wouldn't win. This thing has no clue how much time it just wasted attacking me. With Teayre and Calrex helping, there's no way we should lose to this mediocre beast. Dashing forwards, Oikawa used his shield to deflect a few attacks from the stalk. The creature then decided to focus on Cal and sent a flurry of vines at the young man. 

"Cal! Incoming!" Oikawa shouted as he continued on towards the base of the Little Nepent. Lunging, he sent his blade right into the airspace where the creature once stood. The Nepent had evaded his attack and full on went for Cal. Whipping its tentacle like vines around it knocked Cal off his feet and sent him towards the tree line. Damnit. If I had reacted sooner, Cal wouldn't have been hit.

"Cal are you okay?"

ID: 9793 BD: 3 (1 + 2 ACC) / CD: 5 / MD: 7

~Oikawa~

20/22

~Teayre~

9/9

~Calrex~

10/13 (-3)

~Little Nepent~ 

16/20 *3 Base Damage

As the little nepent, tossed Calrex towards the treeline, Teayre dashed forwards slashing at the vine that had a grip on Cal, but was too slow it moved just out of reach as she brought her falchion down.

"Blast it!"

"Cal, if you're not pixels yet, you can still kill this thing. Switch!"

With that Teayre backed off catching her breath, quickly bringing up her menu, she equips her clothing.

"What? They're dry already..... I might just need to unequip and equip them next time then."

Looking over at Oikawa for a brief moment, Teayre shouts a message at him.

"Kawi, we should be able to do this, when it's over... Duel me."

ID 9832   BD 5(4+1acc)

Oikawa

20/22

Teayre

9/9

Calrex

10/13

Little Nepent

16/20

ID: 9835

Battle Dice: 8

"GH!"

Calrex was preparing for an attack, but not so soon. Right as he landed after jumping back from his attack he heard Oikawa yell over to him of an incoming attack. Right as his vision focused on it the vines had already struck him, the impact throwing him back. As he flew through the air he quickly flipped his sword into reverse, planting it into the ground to slow his movement in order to not get knocked further back.

As the vines began to retract Calrex quickly regained his ground, quickly reaching out and grabbing a few of the vines before they complete retracted, "Think you're getting away without a scratch?" He flipped his sword back into a normal grip as he raised his left hand, slashing through the vines he still had a hold of.

"If you can't hit the heart, you'd definitely should focus on 'defanging the serpent'..."

He rushed forward, following the path of the retracting vines, "Since they're retracting the vines cannot  shoot back out again until they completely return. So if I follow it..."

He got within striking range of the Little Nepent, he brought his sword down in a quick down slash, managing to lightly cut the Nepent where the vines were returning. "Alright Oikawa switch!"

HP Counter

Oikawa: 20/22

Teayre: 9/9

Calrex: 10/13

Enemies:

Little Nepent 14/20 (2 Damage)

For the first time in a while, Oikawa was embarrassed that he missed an opportunity to deal out some damage. "Guys my bad about that fail. I have no clue how I let that opportunity get away from me." He watched as Teayre and Calrex dealt out some more damage to the Nepent. He was really glad that Calrex had seem to find his groove as he connected on another blow to the Nepent. Oikawa the rushed towards the vine-slinging plant creature. Raising his shield, he deflected an array of whip-like assaults thrown at him.

Drawing near the plant, he raised his rapier as he prepared to strike the Nepent down. He dashed in between a flurry of vines, weaving and dodging until he was a few feet away from the plant. Thrusting his rapier, he split a few vines as he connected with the base of the Nepent. Jumping back he called for a switch.

"Teayre! Your move!" As she made her move forward, the plant made it's move. Wrapping, what had appeared to be, a lifeless vine around her ankle, the Nepent swung her around and dropped her on the ground. 

"Teayre!!!!" Oikawa rushed over to her and used his shield, to cover her as she tried to regain her balance.

ID: 9887 BD: 7 (5 + 2 ACC) / CD: 2 / MD: 9

~Oikawa~

20/22 

~Teayre~

5/9 (-4)

~Calrex~

10/13 

~Little Nepent~ 

7/20 *3 Base Damage (-7)