[PP-F1] (COMPLETE) <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> (Oikawa, Teayre, Calrex)

Stepping forward, Teayre felt something tighten around her angle being whipped up into the air she was then flung into the ground before being released, spitting blood into the grass below her. She shoved herself back on her feet.

"I'm fine Kawi, now... I have something to do if you don't mind."

Not so subtle undertones of anger echoed through her voice, stepping around Oikawa, Teayre brandished her weapon before charging towards Calrex,

"Hold Still Cal!"

Pushing off the ground, she then plants her foot on Calrex's shoulder and uses him as a springboard propelling her into the air towards the Little Nepent, slashing at the vines that reared up to greet her keeping them at bay, she readies her sword and brings it down through the monster. Frozen inside of the monsters reach, Teayre lets out a little laugh.

"Cal, SWITCH!"

"I really should remember about the cooldowns... oh well I'll just have to trust them to kill this thing or save me, one of the two."

ID: 10008  BD: 11 (10 + 1ACC)

Oikawa

20/22

Teayre

5/9

Calrex

10/13

Little Nepent

4/20 (3 Damage)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 10149

Battle Dice: 10 (+2 Damage)

Loot Dice: 8

Calrex readied himself as Teayre rushed in to attack, using him as a springboard as she leapt forward, striking the Little Nepent. He observed its health as it dropped within a few bits of death before it stopped, seeing that Teayre was within striking range.

"Alright focus. I need to keep the monster off of her before switching to rescue...in fact I'd better finish it off right now."

He rushed forward, accelerating into a full sprint, compared to his usual speedy jog, his sword at the ready. He lowered his body parallel to the ground, letting his legs slightly shorten in step so that they formed a diagonal. As he saw the Little Nepent's vines shoot out he passed by Teayre, quickly forcing his body into a full 360 rotation perpendicular to the ground, extending his sword and cutting through the vines.

Without losing stride he continued toward the monster as he brought his sword to the left side, readying for a stab. As he got almost face to face with the creature he thrust forward, the sword piercing deep. Using the momentum he built up he stepped to the side, dragging his blade through all the way until it exited the creature. He planted his feet as he finished his attack, sliding a couple of feet before stopping.

The Nepent dissipated into a bunch of small crystals as Calrex's strike completed. As he heard its destruction Calrex gave a small breath of relief as he flicked his sword and flipped it into reverse.

HP Counter:

Oikawa: 20/22

Teayre: 5/9

Calrex: 10/13

Enemies

Little Nepent: 0/20

Damn this girl is a tough one., thought Oikawa as Teayre pushed around him and attacked the Little Nepent. She had critical success as the creatures HP dropped into the fatal red zone. She somehow managed to get herself stuck in the Nepent's body. Luckily Calrex was already preparing his strike. Executing a beautiful 360 flurry of slashes, Calrex impaled the creature with his blade before sliding it clean through it's body. Simply put, he slayed the plant with his final move.

Oikawa walked over to the other two and began clapping. "That was quite impressive. Both of you. Teayre you're becoming stronger by the minute and Cal, you seem to have regained your accuracy and confidence. That Nepent had no chance against us." Oikawa walked slightly past Calrex and picked up the loot drop. "So which one of you wants to claim the Anneal Blade? Whomever presents this <Little Nepent's Ovule> to the Questkeeper will be presented with the blade. So who will it be?"

"Cal, you take it."

Hefting her Flachion, she showed the boys her new weapon.

"This dropped from the wolf earlier, So it's only fair you get the quest reward."

Moving slightly closer to Calrex, Teayre mutters warmly into his ear, "Thank you, for saving me... again. When I was younger I was bullied a lot and on one helped me."

Flicking her hair to one side as she walks a little way away, before sitting down a eating bread and having a drink of water. "Let's rest up a bit before moving on, it's not worth the risk of dying."

Calrex looked over as Teayre whispered to him. He gave a smile and placed a hand on her shoulder, whispering back, "Don't worry, we've got your back this time."

With that he stood up straight, turning to respond to her previous statement.

"You sure Teayre? I thought you're training is with curved blades. Is the Anneal Blade a straight sword as well?"

"She would need to put training into using a straight sword if she would want to wield it as effectively as she would a straight sword. Wouldn't that be a waste of points at our current level?"

He slowly replaced his sword, resheathing it using the techniques he gathered from looking at various iaido videos on the internet. With that he took a calming breath as he sat down, making sure he was a good distance from the water.

"With whatever is lurking down there I shouldn't go near it right now. With the quest completed it'd be best for us to get back to town as soon as we can and resting up for the night rather than continuing to roam about outside the gates."

Hearing both of them out, Oikawa assumed it was Cal who would be taking the blade. Dropping the loot orb in Cal's hand, Oikawa turned and looked towards the tree line once more. "Alright now that that is settled. We best make our way back to town. It would be a good idea for us to stay here. Looking over his shoulder, he glance at the other two and continued. "This quest had been a success on all counts and you two performed beyond my expectations. I'm glad I got to have the pleasure of meeting you guys."

Oikawa led the trio back to town. The trek back went without so much as a hiccup and they easily made there way back to town. Oikawa constantly looked back to make sure his companions was still trailing him. Satisfied with his constant checks, he guided them to the Quest Hall and had Calrex turn in the loot. Once they collected there rewards, Oikawa turned to face them and spoke.

"Well guys it has been fun, but I'm ready to hit the hay haha. We made a really good team out there and I look forward to our raid still. Hopefully Celes hasn't forgot about us! I will being for now, but you two stay out of trouble. And most importantly don't die before I see you guys again. Understood?" After they conversed Oikawa waved his goodbyes and headed to the comforts of his home or forge rather. 

OC((Sorry about the wait guys, had a few uni bits to do that were kinda important :( ))

Chuckling to herself as Oikawa took the lead, she quickly finishes off the bread and water before getting up and slowly following behind. Taking her hair out of the ponytail she shakes it a bit letting it fall down over her face before glancing at Calrex and brushing the hair behind her ear, a small tinge or red coming across her face.

Upon arriving to the city, she turns to Oikawa and says

"Kawi, thanks for helping us out here it was really good. I don't know what I'd of done without you, without both of you."

Looking at Calrex, she begins to twiddle her hair.

"Cal, if you've not got anything planned would you be up for having a walk round town with me at all?"

Breaking eye contact she leans against the wall and closes her eyes, letting out a small breath.

"What am I doing? I've only known him a short time..."

"Oh...well if you guys are sure"

Calrex quickly headed into the Quest Hall to complete the quest. As he received the Anneal Blade he thanked the questkeeper before switching to the weapon, placing it back into the sheath on the back of his hip.

As he exited the room he nodded as Oikawa took off, reminding them to let Celes know about the raid they have previously planned to do before even thinking about this quest. As he turned to Teayre she asked if he had any plans, and if not if he would be up for accompanying her around the town.

"Anything to do...well I don't even know what to do next before the raid. I guess a walk around the town would be a good way to us to get our bearing as well, rather than stumbling about trying to find where to go."

Calrex crossed his arms to think of a split second, "Something seems off though...Teayre's acting a little differently than how she was before the quest. Maybe she's opened up a little bit more around me and Oikawa? I guess that's a good sign at least."

"Sure, I'm up for a walk. It'll help with getting our bearing as to where everything is."

OOC: I guess we'll continue that in another topic, since the quest is complete?