[PP-F2] Into the Wild (Square One)

Trees of all kinds stood their ground all around them, rising from proudly from the dirt and grass. They filled his entire field of view, and from here, it seemed as if the entire world were a forest. Except for the flat-topped mountains looming in the background, of course. "I'm no botanist, but I can see conifers, maple, birch, oak and a bunch more that I can't even begin to name. I doubt I'd be able to get much use out of identifying the species their models are based on, but it's good to know that even Akihito has a fine eye for this sort of thing."

In the center of all the trees stretched a decently sized clearing, which was decently grassy, but also had patches of dirt as well. Small gaps between the surrounding trees seemed to give way to all sorts of different trails and paths. If one listened closely enough, one might even hear the slight sound of running water, however faint it might be from here.

Azide turned to address his companions, who by now had caught up with X and Shinex at the campsite. "Looks like we're finally here, everyone. But as you can all see, there's nothing here for us, so we'll just have to set it up ourselves. Before we have fun, can I get volunteers for the different jobs we have to do in the meantime?" He glanced at all the different faces before him. "There's seven of us in all, including myself, so let's keep that in mind when we split up. We're going to need a group to collect food and water, another to collect fire wood for tonight, and one more to set up camp right here. We don't exactly have any tents with us, so it'll be up to us to set up things like the fire pit and shelter."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crozeph found the camping area quite comfortable, even without tents and sleeping bags with them. Crozeph followed behind Azide as he began to dish out the plan he has for the guild members who joined the camp. Crozeph then scratched his head "I won't be collecting the firewood, or I'll never be back after a few days" he told him. Crozeph then went to a tree and leaned on it "how can we set up camp?" he said. Crozeph looked around and saw a few branches low enough for his reach "hey guild leader, I think we can use these low branches" he told him "put blankets on it..." Crozeph then looked around "we don't have any blankets are we?" he asked them.

Ariel was surprised to see her familiar randomly pop up out of nowhere and chasing after the 'monkeys' in the trees. She went to her side at once asking while petting her on the head: "How did you get here?" to that Kimba simply let out a small roar followed by low growls. "yeah nice explanation...understood every word of it, oh well you can help us set camp since you're already here" She then stood up and waved at the group then started addressing them:

"Hey all, let me introduce you who don't know her. This is Kimba, she's my pet *Kimba roared*..okay okay familiar *Kimba started growling* fine fine, my companion. As you see she is quite... unique, but rest assured she won't bite...I think. We're still at the bounding faze so please don't mind her very much. Also we volunteer in finding food, anyone wanna join?" she then turned her head and stared directly at Oikawa, she wanted to repeat the experience of fighting alongside him if possible.

Then heard Crozepf say something about blankets, while smiling she makes a couple of hand signals and pulls out of her inventory some blankets and a 2 neatly folded army tents. She then handed them to Azide:"I think this will suffice for own needs:D. The smaller one is for me, you guys can have the big one." The big one could house easily 5 to 7 people in it, as the second one was a simple 2 person tent. Good thing I made these a while ago..they prove in handy right now.

Tent pics:

Big Tent(Guys tent):tent1.gif

Little Tent(Ariel's tent):tent.png

Oikawa had finally entered the clearing. The trees seemed to form a near perfect circle around them. Leaves rustled as the wind danced through the air. He took it all in. The smell of the outdoors. The view of the wilderness. the sight of companions having fun on a much needed escape from the gloominess that was SAO. Inhaling a deep breath, Oikawa admired how they had all came together for fun and a little training. Most guilds don't have these type of engagements. They usually keep it strictly quest based. Exhaling, he listened as Azide addressed the group.

After hearing his remarks, Oikawa went over the available options. Gathering food may prove to be the most difficult task. Even if we catch something, who's gonna cook it? We have no cooks among us as far as I know. Gathering firewood would probably be the easiest job. Just cut down trees. As for setting up the campsite, depending on our supplies this could be really hard or somewhat easy. He stopped thinking for a bit, as Ariel had began to introduce her familiar, Kimba, and declared she would volunteer for food duty. She then stared at Oikawa hinting at a possible team up. He blushed a bit, and then looked at the ground to ponder it further.

After she was done, she swiped through the air and suddenly two tents appeared. One very large tent, which she said was for the boys, and one smaller tent meant for her and her familiar. "Thanks Ariel, this should speed up the campsite preparations significantly. As for food duty, I'll join as well." He said as he returned the stare back to Ariel.

Sozen trudged through the dense forest, keeping an eye out for any signs of other players or hostile Mobs. At his low level, a moment of inattention and not spotting a hostile monster could mean disaster, so he would be much more at ease once he had reached the guild's campsite. It's still odd to think that I'm part of a guild, but I can respect their goals. To take weaker players and make them stronger as a group is an admirable goal, and one that I hope I can help with.

As he double-checked the tracker, he realized that he could hear voices a short ways off discussing campsite jobs, in the same direction as his HUD was pointing. Stepping into a clearing, Sozen saw a couple of other players, all but one with the guild's green square symbol next to their names. Raising his hand in greeting, he approached the group, noting that the lion tamer and man in the white coat were about to go hunting.

"Hail to the camp, new guildmember approaching! Sorry for taking so long to get here. Don't think I'd be much use in hunting on this floor, but if you'd like I can build up a fire pit and get ready to cook what you bring back."

Aeternum had stayed at the back of the group and, upon hearing that wood needed to be gathered, he jumped up and down, saying, "I will get wood! Don't worry!" With that, he bound off, eager to help the guild. He made his way into the woods, already searching. He hoped he would make them happy.

After he was sure nobody was around, he took of his eye patch and sighed. Looking around, he quickly started gathering up sticks that weren't small, but weren't large, either. He shrugged, medium sized is the best description he could think of.

Aeternum knew he wouldn't be able to carry enough wood for the whole night, and he would have to go get more every now and then.

This had been Olympia's first time on any of the floors above floor 1 making the experience exhilarating, but also somewhat uncomfortable. That uncomfortableness didn't hold the pinkette back though. Instead, it was taken by the reigns and used to propel each step out of the city. Earlier that day a message had been received about an S1 camping trip. After some thinking, the ultimate decision was to go and join them. Which lead her to her present location; the woods of floor 2. 

There were so many trees that it was easy to think that the rest of the floor was forest. That was probably the reason that the message had contained a set of coordinates and a location. Pausing for a second the message was brought of once more and looked over. If everything was correct then going straight was the correct path. Keeping the HUD open Olympia cautiously made her way in the direction that the campsite was thought to be located. Minutes later, there was only the hope that she was heading in the right direction. Maybe the fact that directions were not her forte should have been mentioned. 

Suddenly, there was the sound of shuffling in front of her. Stopping and listen it sounded like the sound of feet against the forest floor. Had she come upon the campsite already? Crouching lower toward the ground Olympia then took cautious steps forward, flinching every time a minor 'crunch' sounded from under the footstep. During the time in between from where she was to spotting the figure a hand had been placed on the hilt of the one-handed rapier. Just in case. The first thing that was noticed was that there was no orange cursor over their head, so not a PKer. Relaxing, only slightly, Olympia then came out of the trees behind the player. "Um, Hi? I was just wondering if you noticed a campsite around here?" 

I had finally found the perfect spot for my hammock. After setting up the hammock I whistled for Maruchan who came with sticks in his mouth for reinforcing the hammock.

"Thank you maruchan." I said to the pup as I took the sharp sticks out of his mouth.

After setting up my hammock I climbed on top and slung around my guitar. Maruchan climbed up and curled up on my stomach. I began strumming a soft relaxing tune. Maruchan then howled and layed his head down.

"Me and Maruchan will watch after the camp... You guys go have your little fun training... I think I've proved myself enough." I casually said to my guild while strumming my guitar.

Oikawa waited for Ariel to signal that she was ready to head out. In the meantime, a few players had declared what they were going to contribute to. Aeternum had eagerly volunteered to collect firewood. He took off quickly and headed into the forestry. I hope he doesn't get lost. He only has one good eye as far as I know and the last thing we need is one-eyed guildmate running around in the dark. Shaking the thought from his head, he was surprised to see a new arrival.

A dark haired player sporting a warhammer made himself known as he approached the clearing. If I recall correctly, that should be Sozen. He's one of X's new recruits. Oikawa walked towards the newbie and extended a hand. "Sozen right? Nice to meet you. I'm Oikawa the Faint, or just Oikawa for short. Glad you could make it to our little camping get together." He was surprised to learn the man would be the cook. Well its a good profession for the guild considering we don't have one. Hmm we just keep expanding huh? At least that's a good thing haha.

Oikawa turned towards Ariel and asked, "Ready to go?"

Ariel simply introduced herself: "Hey I'm Ariel, nice to meet you all", a bit uncharacteristic to her usually presenting herself by full name and profession. But she figured out that they must found out by now who she was by the order forms she left in their guildhouse. Then she turned towards Oikawa:

"Sure, c'mon girl." she and her familiar started walking towards Oikawa. She saw he appeared worried about Aeternum, so once they were a little further from the others she slowly whispered to him: "If you're worried about the boy with the patch don't be, its only for show. He came to my shop and I can guarantee that both his eyes were fine" she then stepped away and continued in her casual tome. "Now then do we need for dinner, do you guys have a cook in your guild? among the newbies that just arrived maybe. Eh nevermind if it comes to it, well just cook ourselves never tried it myself but hey, how hard can it be, right? she started scouting the place around for any potential dinner.

Crozeph was surprised by the newcomer entering the campsite "I'm quite jealous of these people finding the campsite with ease" he said as he took one of Ariel's blankets and laid it on the ground "good for four or more people, luckily I enjoy sleeping directly to the ground" he said to himself. Crozeph then noticed that Aeternum has strode off the gather some wood "hey guild leader, don't you think it's a bit unsafe for him to gather alone?" he asked Azide but his eyes on smoothing the blanket. Crozeph could also hear X's guitar and his strums, Oikawa and Ariel seem to have a better plan on food and the other newcomer seem to find themselves a little lost but one has found his way "a cook? looks like we're having delicacies tonight" he said smiling at the thought of good food. Crozeph walked towards the other side of the camp and took off his cloak and laid it on the ground before unstrapping the sword of his back before proceeding on laying the other smaller blanket.

Azide had opened his mouth, about to reply that his guild mate's idea for shelter seemed more than reasonable, when two tents suddenly appeared in the clearing. Instead, he chuckled, crossing his arms together. "Well I was about to say that a good old-fashioned lean-to would suffice, using logs and branches for cover, but I suppose a few tents will save us more than a great deal of work. Might as well rough it in comfort."

He turned his attention to Ariel, who'd procured the tents, then to Oikawa. Azide cocked his head slightly to the side and raised a brow before eventually nodding with a grin. "Sure, sure, sounds like a plan." He gave a knowing glance, then turned back to address the group when suddenly he'd noticed the appearance of a new arrival at the campsite.

"Welcome to the party!" he called out, waving at their armored friend. "Your cooking would be awfully useful to our group, and very much appreciated. I was preparing for a worst case scenario where I'd attempt to cook something myself, but I'm glad it won't have to come to that," he said with a laugh. "But in the meantime, please, don't make yourself a stranger. If you have any questions at all, my name is Azide, by the way." He pulled up the SAO interface and tapped away at the menu, then pulled up his friend list. Before long, a dialogue box appeared in front of the new recruit. "If you don't mind, I'd like to add you, just so we don't lose track of you. Oh, and also because I intend for us all to be friends as well."

Suddenly, he turned, seeing that the eye-patched Aeternum had gone running off into the woods by himself. "Whoa, whatever happened to the buddy system?" he remarked, to no one in particular. "Even without the eye patch, he's somewhat under equipped to go alone. I'm sure he can probably handle this floor, but I'd prefer leaving nothing to chance on an activity like this."

"Actually, I was just thinking the same thing myself, Crozeph. He's a quick little guy though, isn't he? Already scampered off before I could even suggest a partner." He looked off into the forest, seeing if he could spot Aeternum through the trees from here. "I can see the entrance he left through, but he's already out of sight."

He turned back to address the guild. "I think I'll be going off after him. Not to say that I think he's incapable of gathering firewood, but four hands can carry twice as much as two. X is in charge of watching over the campsite in the meantime, seeing as I'm unlikely to get him out of here anytime soon. But while I'm gone, keep an eye out for any monsters that come near the camp." He made eye contact with each of the members in the clearing before walking off into the woods.

Aeternum had gathered up a respectable amount of fuel, and had begun his trek, though it would be a short one, back to the camp. Nearby, he heard footsteps. More accurately, he heard leaves crackling with each step. He set his pile of wood down and crouched low, scampering over to a bush and attempting to hide. He began thinking:

It could be a mob, or it could be one of his guildmates. Or worse, he shuddered, a player killer. Drawing his sword, which hissed as it was taken from the sheath, he braced for whatever he might see.

That's when a rabbit darted past. Sighing, he sheathed his sword and stood up, walking back to his stack of wood. As he picked it up, he heard yet another rustle, this time deciding to ignore it. He set off towards the camp once more.

Nodding to the Guild Leader, Sozen accepted the Friend Request and waved the 'Accepted' message away. "I appreciate that, Leader. Thanks."

As the others in the group got started on their own jobs, Sozen moved a few rocks to a clear spot away from the tents, and started to set up a fire-ring. Whether or not the others foraged anything that would need to be cooked over a flame, Aeternum was out getting the firewood. Getting a fire-ring ready for his return would mean they'd have a blaze to mark out the campsite and shoo away the evening chill sooner rather than later.

I'm curious to see what they find around here. If this is a good hunting floor I might just come back later to gather cooking materials.

Maruchan heard something and stood up really fast.

"Relax I hear it too, it's heading the other way." I told the dog sitting on my stomach.

I kept strumming my guitar just laying back in my hammock that was ten feet off the ground. Then I heard the sound of movement again. When I did I picked a bad note and looked up. The sound wasn't getting any closer but it sounded like it was circling the camp. I quickly thought of something and oppened up my map. I had the camp site already marked only not as "camp site." It was marked with a skull and crossbones... Never a good sign. I looked down at the camp site and everyone seemed to be enjoying there day out. Maruchan looked at my map then at me.

"Relax I'm sure it's nothing, I can't even remember why I marked that here." I told the dog as I patted his head.

I kept on playing my guitar and looking at the sky.

(OOC: When we search for food we can roll our LD on the perma. If you roll 12+, you find something edible. If you roll 15+, you find something edible and a mat!)

As Ariel and Kimba began to follow Oikawa, he led them into the woods. Observing there surrounding areas, Oikawa noticed that mushrooms seemed to grow near them. Pointing to it, he spoke to Ariel. "I wonder if these things are edible." He plucked a few from the ground and tried to add it to his inventory under ingredients. The mushrooms refused to be placed in his inventory and as such he clenched them and dissolved the fungi into pixels. "Well those certainly won't be used for eating. Have and ideas? Hunting maybe?"

[10480] LD: 2

Seeing him get down and pick up mushrooms reminded Ariel of that time she went to the 9th floor and ended up picking flowers to use as material... she hated doing that so when Oikawa mentioned hunting she immediately responded: "We're up for a good hunt anytime" but she spotted something with the corner of her eye and turned around. She spotted a different kind of mushrooms, stopping mid-sentence she started walking towards the place below a old tree: "lets see if these are comestible !" to her surprise the first mushroom she picked didn't explode into pixels and she was able to add it to her inventory. "Well guess well be having something with mushrooms for supper"

ID: 10482  LD:19 ((cd 11 dammit!!!!!!!!!!!

Loot: 1 Material

Crozeph kept on smoothing out the blankets from the campsite, he was trying to at least be of help even when out of battle even when it's the only thing he could remember that he's good at. Crozeph then sat down on the ground after a few minutes and tried to look at the sky, the stars if there are any. Crozeph remembered the time when he and his co-workers on the convenience store planned a camping him trip with him inviting the girl that's been helping him with his games and spent a few days "we can build a campfire as soon as Azide and Aeternum comes back" he told the remaining guild members "hey X, see anything suspicious up there?" he asked the other one who finds a comfortable spot up on the trees "just ring me up if you see one, I'll deal with it and as for the remaining players, stay close" he added.

"Uhhhh trees..." I said while looking around.

Maruchan than barked down at Crozeph.

"Maruchan sees trees as well..." I told Crozeph still looking around for the source of the wierd noise.

Over in the distance I could see a tree fall... Never a good sign. Maruchan started to whimper a little bit and wiggled towards my head. I picked him up and set him on my shoulder. After I calmed him down I began jumping branch to branch getting up higher. When I reached the top I saw what was making the noise... Definitely not something good. But of course I wasn't going to tell anyone anything its a nice day and all that thing is doing is circling the camp site. Maruchan then barked at me as if asking what I wanted to do about it.

"If they don't see it then we're gonna pretend we didn't see it." I told maruchan while petting his head.

After we returned down to the hammock I continued strumming away.

Oikawa turned and watched as Ariel picked up a different mushroom. She successfully added it to her inventory and commented about how hunting is always on the table. Eyeing her luck, Oikawa simply spoke. "Lucky guess is all " Grinning because he was just joking, he suddenly turned when a twig snapped behind him.

Drawing his rapier in one quick fluid motion, he peered around a bush. Surprisingly nothing was there. "Was I the only person that heard that?" He asked no one in particular. Scanning the area, he couldn't quite put himself at ease. There was something off. He just didn't know what.

[11101] LD: 5