[PP-F2] Into the Wild (Square One)

Ariel showed a small grin at Oikawa's remark and continues watching him as he draws his rapier and picks up another non comestible item: "Sure, ..'luck' , if you say so." But she draws her rapier as well, she definitely heard something too. "I guess we'll go hunting after all" she enters a defensive stance then closes her eyes in order to identify the source of the sounds. Kimba lets out a low growl while looking up in the trees, Ariel then quickly opened her eyes and followed her gaze. A buzzing noise could be heard from the top of the trees "Wasps?" she asked while searching the origin of the sound. It appears she was close guessing, when a giant beetle showed itself from between the tree leaves, Ariel wanting to surprise it jumps on the lowest branch with her Acrobatics skill and from there onto another, and so on until she reaches the beatle and strikes it under the carapace. Then she jumps back on the ground near Oikawa: "let's see if you have better 'luck' while hunting."

ID: 11105  BD: 9 (6+3acc) MD: 2 

(Mob has a basic dmg of 2)

Ariel: 30/30 HP

Oikawa: 26/26 HP

Red Spotted Beetle: 7/15 (-8)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The noise he had heard earlier was definitely real. A faint buzzing noise emitted from above the tree he was standing in front of. Looking up he could see a black-ish beetle covered with red spots in a pattern similar to that of a leopard, hovering among the top part of the tree. Ariel, being the one to always take the initiative, quickly bounded from branch to branch until she was with in striking range of the creature. Delivering a quick strike to the beetle, she quickly returned to the ground and joked that hopefully he would have better luck hunting.

"Challenge accepted!" Twisting his body, Oikawa jumped straight towards the <<Red Spotted Beetle>> and used both hands as he thrusted his blade deep into the beetles chest. Yanking downward as he descended, he removed his sword from the beetles carcass and landed next to Ariel. "Fortunately, I don't need luck" he joked back as he gave her a quick smile and a thumbs up. "Finish it Lioness"

[11108] BD: 6 (3 + 3 ACC) HIT 6 Damage.

Ariel: 30/30

Oikawa: 26/26

<<Red Spotted Beetle>>: 1/15 (-6)

Oikawa's stats:

HP: 26 DMG: 6 EVA: 2 ACC: 3 MIT: 3

+1 Thorns (Enemy BD or MD roll of 6-8)

+2 Bleed (BD roll of 8-10)

+1 HP (CD roll of 10+)

Crozeph stood at the path between the campsite and from where they came from, it seemed right for him to see if everything is fine down them, X will probably alert him if danger is nearby. Crozeph looked at the blankets, the sky the moving trees and listened to the wind "I can sense them" he said. Crozeph hasn't invested skill points on his tracking skill yet but he can already feel something going around the camp "X must've been having a hard time locating where it really is" he thought. He didn't wanna bother him anymore but since Azide is gone and the other two, he must do something to keep the remaining members safe "maybe it will attack someone who's off guard" he thought. Crozeph looked around him "looking only won't help, listening will give me a better chance of making preemptive attacks" he thought as stood still.

Aeternum felt like a genius, he had used his eye patch to bundle up some wood, and had unequipped his sword to use his sheath/belt to strap the bundled wood to his back. He had done this so as to carry more wood, which he had been gathering on his way back to camp. As he arrived, he dropped what he was carrying and pulled the large bundle off of his back. He looked around, noticing that everything seemed rather normal, and turned around to return to the woods.

Why not? They WERE going to be camping for a while, right? He made his way once more into the woods, and began to, once again, gather wood. He had heard suspicious rustling a distance away, but disregarded it, focused on the task at hand.

Azide set a hand on his guild mate's shoulder from behind. "There you are, Aeternum. I've been looking all over for you! I had a little trouble spotting you at first, and I don't even wear an eyepatch." He realized that courtesy would usually call for a warning, rather than sneaking up on someone like that, but he'd noticed that his guild mate had already unequipped his sword anyway. So he'd reasoned that nobody would get hurt if he were to forgo the tradition. "Ah well, nobody's perfect," he thought. Speaking of eyepatches, his gaze drifted to a bundle of wood that seemed to be held together by some sort of elastic material stretched around it.

He turned his sights upward, drawing his hand back in the process, but offered a warm smile. "You left so quickly that we didn't get to assign you a partner. Buddy system and all, and we'd probably lose participation next year if we were to mark down any casualties from this year's trip. You know how it is," he said, chuckling.

Aeternum was shocked at Azide's appearance, and spun around, saying, "Holy sweet mother of- Oh, hey." He sighed, he had nearly shouted at his guild leader. He smiled and said, "Yeah, sorry about that, I just wanted to be helpful, and apparently got ahead of myself."

He looked at his new bundle if wood and started thinking. Had those noises been Azide? Most likely, but still, he wasn't sure. Aeternum said, "I assume you are to be my 'buddy' then?"

He glanced around, feeling slightly uncomfortable. Had he heard more rustling just then?

It briefly crossed his mind that he enjoyed these frantic reactions a little too much, but he quickly dismissed the notion. "Surely everyone gets the same sort of kick out of that? Or maybe it's just me. Ah well, observations are what I do, so I might as well have a bit of fun."

Having expected the brief outburst exhibited by his guild mate, he'd not been phased at all by the near-shout. "No worries at all, Aeternum. I'd just wanted to check up on you, on account of you having approximately one fourth the amount of vision as the average pair." He tilted his head slightly to the side and pointed to the band stretched around the wooden bundle while eyeing the player at the same time.

He did remember Xanward mentioning something before about Aeternum dropping his eyepatch in that alley one time, but the player definitely appeared to have taken it off on his own accord this time. "Maybe I misjudged the vision ratios a bit," he thought. Hearing the player speak up again, he snapped his train of thought back to the situation at hand. "Hold your horses now," he remarked, throwing his hands out in front of him. "I'm not sure if I'm ready for that level of commitment just yet." He gave the his guild mate a light punch on the shoulder and laughed, nodding his head to give the sentiment a proper answer.

He noticed a sudden change in the player's expression, while also hearing something in the background. "Then again, we do happen to be in the middle of the woods. There's bound to be plenty of noise, I'm sure. Hope that isn't a problem when it's time to sleep." He raised a brow, then brushed aside a few stray locks of hair from his eyes. "Hey, you look a little anxious. I didn't scare you too badly, did I? If you're going to get startled by that, I'm not sure how you'll do when it's time for some scary stories tonight," he added.

"That's right, you need skill and discipline. I tend to let others be guided by 'luck' and 'fate' while I focus on my training. " said Ariel while entering the defensive stance. The beetle began its descent towards Ariel. "I think its pissed" she muttered with a smile preparing for the pending attack. Luckily dodging such a big target proved easy for her as she simply made a couple of steps to the left and let the beatles carcass scratch her left vambrace and shoulder pad while thrusting her rapier from below. The beatle let out a squeal before vanishing into polygons leaving at Ariel's side only a large chunk of meat and a pouch of gold. Storing them into her inventory she turns around and asks with a mocking tone: "What do you say, shall we go after another one and get you a chance to redeem yourself? or do you think we have enough supplies for dinner." Kimba from behind let out a roar while eyeing the meat piece.

ID: 11222  BD: 10 (9+3acc) MD: 4 (6-2eva) LD:18

DMG: 11 (8+1 crit +2 thorns)

(Mob has a basic dmg of 2)

Red Spotted Beetle: -10/15 (-11)

Loot: 1 material && 75 col

Maruchans ears twitched and he began whimpering. I stopped playing and took my had to rub the dogs head.

"Relax I can hear it too. It's not getting any closer." I told him softly.

Whatever it turns out to be its big, fast, and obviously dangerous. Then again field bosses like this usually wield good rewards so maybe I should tell the group. Then again again this thing sounds like it's bigger than a floor boss. Something like that could wipe us out. I then decided to scout around for it.

"Crozeph! I'm gonna go uh... Check on these trees... Yeah. Go ahead and continue talking to yourself just don't wander off." I yelled down to Crozeph while Equiping my cutlass in the "held sheath" position.

I then pointed and Maruchan led the way leaping threw the trees. It wasn't long until we passed up ariel and Oikawa killing something. Maruchan let out a bark to them as we passed. Then after a while we came to the fallen tree. There were gigantic claw marks on it.

"Well then...maruchan we have a lead of... sorts." I kneeled down and told the pup.

Shinex was off somewhere exploring. It's been that way ever since the rest of the guild entered the campsite. Unfortunately he fell asleep so he had no idea what happened while he was gone. "Crap! Didn't mean to sleep!" He quickly rushed to the campsite by jumping from tree branch to tree branch. God, I screwed up again. Lets hope nobody left me. I guess I'll send a message to Azide. Shinex quickly stopped to pull out his menu.

To: Azide

Subject: SORRY!

Hey Azide. Funny story, I went to scout out the area and something odd happened. Don't get mad, but I fell asleep. Either way, are you guys still in the campsite?

Choosing to ignore the sarcasm in her comment, Oikawa replied. "You think one piece of meat and a mushroom is gonna feed our group? I imagine we'll need at least one meat per person and sides for filler. We need to gather as much as possible." As he said this, he bent over to pick at some roots. Inspecting the root, he found out that he could not only use it for food but the bulb at the end was made of earthen ore, a crafting material.

No sooner than he had added the food and material to his inventory, he heard a faint bark pass over head. Looking up he caught a glimpse of X and Maruchan flying through the trees. I wonder where they are off to. Especially since X is suppose to be watching the campsite. Suddenly more buzzing noises could be heard from the wilderness. Bursting from the foliage appeared two more beetles. "They must've heard Maruchan's bark or knew something was up when their comrade hadn't rejoined them. Either way lets hunt them Ariel!"

[11258] LD: 19

Ariel: 30/30

Oikawa: 26/26

Red Spotted Beetle 2: 15/15

Red Spotted Beetle 3: 15/15

(Deal 2 base damage)

Food Inventory (Oikawa & Ariel):

x1 Beetle Meat

x1 Mushroom

x1 Root

[Oikawa- The Faint received 1 material]

"Good to hear you say that." she said to the blond, then continued: "If you were to say that it was enough I would've given all the things we gathered to Kimba here." The familiar started licking her mouth and let out a growl when she heard her name. Ariel was about to continue when she heard something in the trees above followed by a bark. "Look at him go" she blankly stated before 2 beatles came out of the tree tops. She responded to Oikawa smiling: "Either way they're gonna be part of dinner now, like their friend. Let's see who's 'luckier' and first kills the opponent:D. And GO" she said before jumping from branch to branch until she reached one of the beatles. 'Now I get it why X and other people like to travel like this, this Acrobatics skill its useful and kind of fun.

When she reached striking range she thrusted her rapier towards one of the mobs and hit a hit, but this one had more fight in it and tried to impale her with its horn but she manage to evade it easily. "Oh, looks like this one has a little more fight in it than the last." she said while showing a smile.

ID:11267  BD:6(3+3acc)

DMG: 8 (1 basic +3 OHR +3 Weapon +1 Athletics)

Red Spotted Beetle#2: 7/15 

Red Spotted Beetle#3: 15/15

((are you going to rp both beatles?

(OCC: Don't forget since I spawned the MoB's I control them. So you haven't taken any damage yet!)

"As much as Kimba would like that, we need to gather separate food for her and Maruchan." The mobs then flew into striking distance. Ariel offered up a bet and charged after one of the beetles. Taking his cue, Oikawa wouldn't be left behind as he dashed after the other one. "Unfortunately for you, I will have to win that bet your Lioness." Brandishing his blade, he cocked his arm back as he neared the beetle. Thrusting with all his might, he heard a solid *thunk* as his rapier sank into a tree. Holding onto the blade he used his shield to deflect the beetle's onslaught.

The beetle Ariel battled didn't have much more luck than his companion. It tried to impale Ariel with its horn but missed as the crowned Lion step aside. "Alright, so what you landed the first hit. I'm still going to win." Oikawa joked.

[11268] BD: 4 (1 + 3 ACC) MD: 4 (6 - 2 EVA) 

[11269] MD: 3 (5 - 2 EVA) @Ariel

Ariel: 30/30 (-0)

Oikawa: 26/26 (-0)

Red Spotted Beetle 2: 7/15

Red Spotted Beetle 3: 15/15 (-0)

(Deal 2 base damage)

Aeternum smiled in response, saying, "No, no, just... nothing. I thought I had heard something, but it was probably just a rabbit." He looked Azide up and down, assessing his appearance. He seemed well equipped, and had a decent taste when it came to fashion. Something off to his right caught his eye. It had lightly swayed with the breeze, and Aeternum instantly recognized it. A black rose.

He set down his bundle and quickly walked over to it. Kneeling over, he plucked the flower from the ground, smiling and saying to Azide, "Ever seen a black rose before? I love them."

He noticed the way Aeternum had looked at him, as if assessing his appearance. Not one to jump to conclusions, he'd been prepared to dismiss the observation as a fluke. But when his guild mate walked over to pick up some flower he'd spotted, it really made him think. "He's not hitting on me... is he?" wondered Azide. When the player smiled at him, he simply rubbed the back of his neck and laughed it off. "It's really nice, but I think we should probably just stick to the buddy system for now," he answered.

Suddenly, he heard the familiar sound of message being received. He raised a finger to Aeternum, signaling that it might take a minute, then accessed the SAO interface. From there, he quickly tapped away until his private messages appeared in front of him. "Looks like it's from our friend Shinex," he remarked. "Speaking of which, I haven't seen him since we got here," he thought. After reading through the message, he typed out an appropriate response.

To: Shinex

Subject: Re: SORRY!

If this were an actual mission and not a camping trip, that would probably be a bit of a problem, if only because we're not currently in a safe zone. But since it sounds like you haven't been killed by an orange player or mauled by a bear, consider this a learning experience! You should be able to find X and Crozeph near the campsite, though the rest of us should be back soon.

For some reason Ariel's beatle kept floating above her and she couldn't reach it, she tried climbing in the trees again but the damn mob kept evading her movement."Dammit! Come down here and fight me!!!" she shouted at it, then throwing a menacing gaze at Oikawa's direction, more specifically at his beatle that seemed to be very adamant in wanting to hit him. Ariel then turned back towards her prey mob keeping her gaze at it while addressing Oikawa:" Seems like your 'luck' is working against me, damn beetle seems to have gotten scared and it isn't coming down." She was baring her 'fangs' at it, just with playing chicken, it managed to piss her out.

ID: 11302 BD:1 

DMG: 0

Red Spotted Beetle#2: 7/15 

Red Spotted Beetle#3: 15/15

"Alright lets see here, Azide should have replied back by now." Shinex stood on a large tree branch scrolling through his menu. "Okay, time to look for Crozeph and X." Shinex would exit out of his menu and start jumping from tree to tree.

It didn't take long for him to find Ariel and Oikawa. He quickly stopped on a tree branch and looked at what they were doing. He was right above them. "Hey, you guys need some help? Otherwise I need to find Crozeph and X!"

Aeternum pocketed the rose, picking up his wood for the umpteenth time. He gestured towards the general direction of the camp and said, "I have what I came to get, ready to head back?" He started to smile, but stopped just as fast. Even if he was older than he looked, would they treat him like a kid? He would find out later.

He slung the wood over his back, saying, "You mentioned spooky stories. Do you happen to know any good ones, or is it up to the rest of us to scare you?" He grinned, hoping he had worded that properly, so that Azide knew he was joking.

Maruchan was sniffing around the claw marks and I was up in the trees looking around. I could see birds scatter from a tree in the distance. It was over there.

"RRRRRRHHGGGGAAA" was roared from the other direction.

"That's not good... Maruchan lets bail!" I called out to the pup as we began running back to camp.

I launched maruchan up to the trees and then I jumped trunk to trunk to reach the same level of branches. Pretty soon I could see 3D and Azide. This is a good time to tell him as ever.

"Run!" I yelled as me and maruchan passed over head.

After what felt like an hour but was only a few seconds me and maruchan arrived at the campsite. We leaped out of the trees and fell down on top of the tents.

"I was planning to sleep on the hammock anyways." I said as I got up quickly.

Oikawa couldn't help but grin as Ariel displayed vocal and physical displeasure at how her fight was going. "That's what you get haha. Karma has been served." Returning his focus to his beetle, Oikawa leaped up to a lower branch and watched the beetle's attack and movement pattern. Alright...wait for it...wait for it..NOW! Lunging from the branch, the blonde attempted to attack the floating bugger. His attack succeeded better than he thought as he sent the giant beetle crashing into a tree and then the forest floor.

Looks like I inflicted Bleed too. Nice! Looking at Ariel, he flashed his typical grin and then shouted. "Ariel watch out!" However, it was too late. The beetle she was fighting had already attacked. Leaving a bright red streak along her chest, the bug flew around in a triumphant like way. "Are you okay? It looks like it was taunting you too."

[11455] BD: 10 (NAT) MD: 1 (3 - 2 EVA) 

[11456] MD: 6 (8 - 2 EVA) @Ariel

Ariel: 30/30 (-1)

Oikawa: 26/26 (-0)

Red Spotted Beetle 2: 7/15

Red Spotted Beetle 3: 7/15 (-8) [BLD (2/2)]

(Deal 2 base damage)

(OOC: You have 2 mitigation right? Since you can't block all damage on a successful hit, you take 1 damage. And I think your thorns activate too. )