[PP - F9] Justice is served!<<Bandit Camp>> (Azide/Oikawa/Crozeph)

Ariel was in her shop when a random thought crossed her mind, so she voiced it as a question directed towards her sleeping familiar: "Hey wanna go in another mission?" all she received in return was a light purring from the lion and the burning wood cracking sound from the fireplace. Ignoring her familiar's dormant state she pulled out her inbox and started writing a group message:

To: Azide, Oikawa - The Faint, Crozeph

Title: JUSTICE!

Hey guys, I just remembered an random quest I got when I was exploring floor 9. Something about fighting some bandits that occupied a good grinding spot there, but I wanted to see more of the floor and left it for later. I guess now is later :D If you're coming dress lightly since its hot as censored  there...uh..um...I meant to say hell:D. Also I've got a surprise for ya'll once you reach the meeting place. Meet you at the outskirts of Vulcan Village.

Cheers, Ariel.

After she sent the message she went to wake up the sleepy familiar, gently petting her on the head. "Wake up, we got work to to!" she said when the lion cub started protesting. "You want me to leave you here alone? Didn't we had this discussion a couple of times already?"

Vulcan City was as hot as ever, luckily the two have been here a couple of times before and the heat wasn't bothering them too much, they went to the exit while Ariel was checking her inventory. "Alright all good, now we just have to wait for the others to arrive." She didn't get a response until she arrived there but was sure that they will come, of one of them in particular. Kimba started wandering around the place since she gets warm very quickly at this floor, if she stand in one place too long.

The last mob fell down writhing on the hot ground as Crozeph dealt the final blow. Earlier he received Ariel's message about fighting some bandits, not real players but humanoid creatures who are getting some good spots where players can grind. "Bandits huh?" he said dusting off the ash off his shoulder. Crozeph has been walking on the floor for almost half and hour but he still can't find his way back to the city. Crozeph liked it more to stay on Yomi than in Vulcan City, his cloak adds more of his hiding in that place with low light but Ariel is calling them again from another adventure and he might as well join. Crozeph kept on walking, he didn't like it when he was getting sidetracked by the mobs who would detect his presence. Crozeph then saw a silhouette of houses, tall ones like jails and it seems he found his way finally to Vulcan City "time to meet up with the Lioness" he said as he slowly makes his way to the city. 

Oikawa sat in his shop. He had become perplexed by the recent update involving crafting experience. The ordeal was hanging on his mind harder than he preferred. Suddenly a notification popped into view. It was a PM from Ariel regarding a quest involving some bandits. Not thinking much of it, Oikawa replied.

To: Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Title: Will Be Served!

Count me in!

Although the message was short, he figured it was more than enough. Looking around, he finally found what he was searching for. A sleeping grey fur ball by the name of King. Scratching behind his ears, the leopard yawned as it lazily stood up. "Hey King we got another mission to attend to today. Let's go." Grabbing the cub and placing him on his head as had become accustomed for them, Oikawa led them to the teleport gate.

Once there he stepped on and uttered the words "Teleport: Vulcan Village". With a bright flash, they were instantly transported to the main settlement of the extremely hot floor 9. Checking the message again, Oikawa confirmed that he should head for the outskirts of the village. Making his way outside the gate, he spotted the blonde and her snow white familiar. He quickly reached the meet up and greeted the girl and her companion. "Good to see you and Kimba again Ariel."

He tapped send and waited for the message to go through. After checking imaginary watch, he'd guessed that he'd given it enough time, then silently made his way over to the blonde-haired girl. He noticed OIkawa approaching her at around roughly the same time, leading him to shake his head and bring a finger to his lips.

He'd given her a warning, so he figured this was fair game. To be exact, his message had said something along the lines of, "Look behind you," or something to that effect. "8 seconds is more than enough notice," he thought. But karma seemed to come into action right around then, and he'd somehow forgotten all about her familiar. Kimba's unexpected roar had made him stumble back a few steps, forcing himself to catch himself on one of the railings that ran around the rig. He recoiled from the structure on contact, as it was a little too warm for his liking. "Damn it, Kimba." After straightening himself up, he made his way over to the two other members that'd already arrived.

"Good to see you two are both here," he said, nodding at Ariel and Oikawa. "By the way, you probably shouldn't stand in one place too long. Your shoes might melt and stick to the ground or something."

After receiving confirmation messages from Oikawa she nodded in a pleased manner. After a while she saw the blond coming her way, accompanied by his gray companion, King, who was happily sitting on top of his head. "It seems you guys got quite close in the time we didn't see each other but I guess that's natural." she said with a smile then hearing Kimba roar around her. Turning around she spotted Azide backing off from behind her and a second later she heard the notification alert tone, she extended her hand towards her familiar's head while saying: "Playing tricks are we? good girl make sure to watch my back as a certain 'karasu' has yet arrived."  Kimba then tried to let out a clear cat-like 'meow' but ended up as a lesser roar, Ariel chuckled while stroking her fur down her back. "Don't go all kitty-like on me, I like you just the way you are" then she addressed the two: "Okay the only one left is Crozeph, she didn't respond to my message but I'm sure he'll join us soon enough, in the meanwhile.." she made a couple of gestures with her right hand and send them both party invitations while saying: "This is the surprize I was talking about" she said hoping that the two will notice the blue shield that would be displayed to the left of her name instead of the guardian's shield.

TL: 'karasu' - jap. 'Dark/Black Bird' and/or 'Crow/Raven'

Crozeph saw from afar three familiar figures, he already recognized Ariel and Oikawa's hair and then lastly Azide...Square One's respected leader. Crozeph waved his hand at them but realized that his black coat and his hood covered his hair revealing only his eyes and the rest of his face. Crozeph has been grinding for items lately and it seems his effort wasn't put to waste. Crozeph made his way towards them and saw Kimba sniffing, along with Oikawa's  bad familiar. Crozeph stopped for a moment "I got a feeling that cub will chase me down" he thought. Crozeph quickly pulled down his hood to stop Kimba from running towards him, the cub has a habit of licking his face and having it lick him and let the drool melt on his face because of Vulcan's temperature seemed to be a bad idea "at ease Kimba it's me" he said showing his gloved hand "so am I late? if I am then you're just too early" he told them smiling and Kimba who is now biting his hand playfully. 

"Yeah we have grown use to each others company and we seem to make quite the team haha." Oikawa then heard a roar from Kimba and the familiar voice of his team leader from behind. Whipping around, he caught Azide just as he snatched his hand away from the obviously hot railing. "Azide, glad you could make it. Oh ans that's hot if you didn't know!" Azide greeted them and cracked a joke about the heat. "I'm afraid it's too late for me. The heat evaporated my soul like five minutes ago haha."

Turning his attention back to the Crowned Lion at the mention of her new guild affiliation, he commented. "The Azure Brigade eh? I guess with your aspirations it was to be expected. Though Square One would've accepted you with open arms as well." Then jokingly he added "I guess we see where your loyalties lie." Just then a familiar figure roamed into his view. The long awaited Crozeph had arrived. Oikawa returned his wave and was surprised to hear a low growl emit from King. "Easy King, its just Crozeph. He's friendly, I promise." King casually went back to lounging atop Oikawa's head. "Well the gang's all here. I say we split up and search for clues haha."

He smiled as the final member of their entourage arrived from somewhere outside of the city. "Looks like the crow himself has finally alighted," he remarked. Regardless of how quickly he himself was advancing, he couldn't help but appreciate having the veteran player's experience on his side. "A lot of my abilities are unproven, as of right now. Sure, I've taken down most of the field bosses I've encountered, but that's not exactly a large sample size. I'd just be cherry picking at that point." He chuckled as Kimba threw herself at his black-clad acquaintance. "Watch out, Crozeph. Cats have been known to eat your type."

He turned to Oikawa, shaking his head dismissively. "I swear, Oikawa. One of these days, your jokes are going to be the end of you." There was a playfulness to his words, and although he'd rolled his eyes, he'd been amused all the same. But when his team mate made an offhand remark about Ariel's decision, he furrowed his brow, then spun around to look at the player in question.

"I'll be honest, I wasn't sure what you were referring to until Oikawa made his comment just now. For a moment I'd been under the impression that you were wearing the same old Guardians symbol, but that certainly clears it up." He laughed, hoping to clear the air. "In any case, I'm glad you were able to find a new guild so soon. The dissolution of the Guardians was both unexpected and premature, but it's good to know that it members will continue to support the front lines all the same. Regardless of their guilds, that is."

((Apologies for the rushed post.))

Kimba didn't like it when Crozeph extended his gloved hand so she jumped him and started licking him again as punishment. She stopped after hearing Azide's comment and started approaching him, she wasn't your average cat and she had to be made him aware of that. Ariel, noticing her intention stepped in front of her and responded to the two: "Honestly, I wasn't expecting to join them. But Lessa throwed in a recommendation for me, Tyger and Baldur. I still didn't think it was enough until I meet Keith, the leader of the Brigade near Snowfrost Village. After Lessa told us the guardians were disbanding I was kind of depressed, feeling lost. I was seriously thinking in joining you guys, you know..to make up for your initial invitation to form the guild. But then the Brigadier General offered to help me in a quest I was planning to take up with my..former guild." her voice began to lose its usual cheerfulness, slowly gaining a sad tinge as the story got on.

" He demonstrated why they were the best front line guild. And I think I've made it quite clear my aspiration of becoming a 'Clearer' one of the top front liner. I hope you take no offence but joining you guys, who mainly focuses on helping new players, weighted less in that moment. So when he asked me if I could join I pondered for a while and then I finally accepted. But don't worry I'll still support you guys, nothing is going to change between us." At the end she showed a smile as she said that things won't change between them. Petting Kimba on the head, then continuing on her back she let out a sigh then chuckled:

"Okay enough of me, we have a mission to do! Karasuu!!!!!!! you're late so you deserved the punishment Kimba applied to you." her tone was once more cheerful. She took a look at the tree of them saying: "Okay check your gear, ladies! We're going to punish some bandits" After all of them checked their gear they would be headed towards the leveling area occupied by the bandits( a.k.a. Bandit Camp)

(use this as a template in your next post, remember bandits will have 35 HP and 4 dmg Don't be afraid to help each other during fights, consider this a preview of a boss battle. )

Ariel's stats:

HP: 36

Basic Dmg: 8 (1 base + 3 OHR +3 weapon +1 Athletics)

Dmg Mit: 2

Accuracy: 3

Evasion: 2

Thorns: 2 (activated on a nat. enemy BD of 6,7 or 8)

Bleed: 2 (activates on a nat BD of 8, 9 or 10)

<<Concentration>> +1 BD/5 posts

Crozeph was surprised when Kimba jumped on him after a single bite and also heard Azide's  mention on Kimba being a member of the cat family, while he's a crow by name "I don't know if I'm going to thank myself for being hum..." Kimba licked his face again, the cub seemed to not mind tasting someone who was scurrying to god knows where "after smelling like ashes, now I smell like this cub" he said. Crozeph then wrestled down the cub, playing with it "I'll never let this one pass" he said as they rolled on the ground. Crozeph could feel the heat being absorbed by his black coat and remembered what a certain PKer told him when they crossed paths on the floor "black attracts heat" he thought as he pushes KImba's face while it tries to lick his face. Crozeph doesn't have any clue on where their quest will take place "it seems we have to find out where the good grinding locations are because believe it or not..." Crozeph got pinned down by Kimba  "grinding spots are the most dangerous place here, I almost got killed when I went solo on good grinding locations" he said "though I don't know where they are here" he added, his back on the ground with Kimba licking his hair this time.

Crozeph's stats

HP: 37
DMG: 7 MIT: 3 EVA: 2 ACC: 2

no enhancements...pure damage dealer FTW!!!

Azide scratched his head. "Huh, I don't seem to recall sending you that particular invite," he offered, wearing a perplexed look. As far as he could remember, the invitation had only gone out to Lucifer, Oikawa and X.

He adjusted the collar of shirt, then tugged at each of his gloves so that they sat snack around his fingers. "In any case, I won't exactly be losing sleep over these decisions," he remarked.

The chestnut-haired player gently gripped the end of his rapier and slid the blade half-way from its sheath, seeing a faint reflection of himself in the gleaming metal as he glanced downward. "After all, Square One was never going to be a babysitter for lower leveled players," he shook his head. "No, that'd just be a waste of time and resources. By raising them from the ground up, we'll have a steady stream of front liners as veterans lose steam. We're a slow burn, but we'll only end up that much more explosive when the dust has settled."

Closing out his comments, he sheathed Quantum Slicer and returned his full attention to his three teammates. With his left hand, he swiped through the air to his center left and pulled up his current stats, then promptly exited from the interface. "Are you all set, Oikawa?"

HP: 39

Damage: 9

Mitigation: 3

Evasion: 3

Life Steal +1 (Active on BD of 8, 9, or 10).

Combat Healing +1 (Active on CD of 10, 11, or 12).

<<Concentration>>

Oikawa listened to the blond as he checked his gear. Once she finished, he commented. "No hard feelings Ariel. You don't have to explain. I was just teasing you haha. I knew your reasons. However, like Azide say, we will be a front-line force as well. It may not be now, but the future is looking bright for Square One and all of its members." Checking on King, Oikawa finally voiced his readiness. "Good to go here. Lets get a move on folks."

Oikawa's Stats:

HP: 28
Damage: 6 (1 Base + 2 OHR + 2 Weapon +1 Athletics)
Damage Mitigation: 3
Evasion: 2
Thorns: 2 (activated on a nat. enemy BD of 6,7 or 8)
Bleed: 2 (activates on a nat BD of 8, 9 or 10)

As everybody checked their gear Ariel noded to each of them." Okay so the camp should be that way *she points towards north* At least if I remember it right. I suggest we keep a lookout in case we meet some <Lava Spawn> adds, Those things are entirely made of fire element, so striking them in any other place other than the chest does nothing to them. Believe me I had to find that the hard way while.... collecting materials." She hesitated in saying that collecting mats meant picking up rare flowers for dyes or cotton. The journey took a while, and as always, her familiar was adamant of walking in front of them. After going up a hill a crude camp could be spotted in the valley below them. "Bingo!" she said while taking a better look at the camp. "Okay there seems to be 4 <Bandit> mobs down there, so I propose we each take one. It seems that they wield mainly axes or swords but be careful, I can see them carrying dangers with them. So sword skills like throwing knifes shouldn't surprise you. Also I'm going to take a look at you HP bars but make sure to support each other if you see one us us going in the orange zone(half HP). Okay that ends my combat instructions, last thing I've got to say is 'Good hunting gentlemen!' " and with that she turned towards the camp and dashed towards the nearest mob. The bandit entered a defensive stance, raising its sword to parry Ariel's strike. He failed to protect himself but managed to would the blond.

"Hehehe missy, you've come to play with us?" she spoke in a grave voice, like that of a heavy smoker. Ariel smiled and while backing off."Oh you can speak? I'm sorry but I can't play for too long."

ID: 11599 BD: 6 (2 +3acc +1BD<<Concentration>>) MD: 7(9-2eva)

Ariel HP: 33/36 (-3)

Crozeph HP: 37/37

Azide HP: 39/39
Oikawa HP: 28/28 

Bandit 1 HP: 27/35 (-8)

Bandit 2 HP: 29/35

Bandit 3 HP: 24/35

Bandit 4 HP: 35/35

*At a nat MD of 10 the Bandit deals full dmg(6 dmg), ignoring mitigation. (extra difficulty)

((consider it a sword/axe skill

((here's how the bandits look like

105.jpg

seeing Ariel dash forward the nearest mob made Crozeph smile "looks like the head of the pack is going to beat someone to a pulp" he told his guild members "let's take on the others, we can't let them catch Ariel off guard" he said before dashing off leaving grasses and dust cloud up on the other two. As soon as Crozeph entered the battlefield he quickly used his speed to attack the seconds bandit who'll try to attack Ariel from behind. Crozeph grabbed the bandit by its collar and pulled it slightly, making the bandit lose the momentum of its attack. The bandit grunted and began to swing his axe trying to chop Crozeph's head off "crow soup never tastes good, ever" he said smiling. Crozeph unsheathed his sword, it's motion from the scabbard to the side of the bandit fast enough for the bandit to fail dodging Crozeph's attack. The bandit rolled away from him pulled out one of its daggers "you know this is unfair, my sword against these bandit's set of kitchen knives is too much" he said raising his sword hoping to parry the daggers once the bandits throws it at him.

[iD: 11616]

Battle Dice: [5] + [2 acc] = [7] success

1 base +3 weapon skill +2 Crimson Flare +1 Athletics

Mob Dice: [6] - [2 eva] = [4] fail

Crozeph 37/37

Ariel 36/36

Azide 39/39

Oikawa 28/28

Bandit 1 35/35

Bandit 2 28/35

Bandit 3 35/35

Bandit 4 35/35

He'd heard Ariel's talk of supporting each other in the coming fight, and yet he felt confident that they'd each be able to hold their own regardless. Azide watched as Ariel and Crozeph went speeding downhill and charged straight into enemy territory. He rolled his neck and rubbed at his shoulders before touching down on the ground with the very tips of his fingers, posturing himself like the ex track runner that he was. "Never let a good thing go to waste," he thought, launching himself forward with explosive momentum. He sailed into the canyon and darted past Ariel and Crozeph, as well as their combatants. 

"Let's keep this quick, everyone," he called out, briefly turning his head. After locking eyes with the third member of the criminal entourage, he immediately drew his rapier from its sheath and charged forward wordlessly. The clang of metal rang out repeatedly as his blade met that of his enemy's. "Sorry," Azide began, "it's nothing personal, really. I have no personal misgivings with you or partners." He dodged an overhead swing of the bandit's saber, then knocked the blade aside once as it rested at a downward-pointing angle. 

Azide slashed across his target's chest with an arc that ran parallel to the ground. He felt the metal cut deeply and cleanly through the flesh of his enemy, and yet the impeccable sharpness and sturdiness of Quantum Slicer ensured minimal resistance. Having done his damage for the time being, he stepped back and admired the deep grove he had left his enemy. "This is strictly business."

ID: 11617
BD: 10 (Crit +2)
MD: 2 (Miss)

Damage taken (Bandit 3) = 1 (Base) + 3 (Rapier) + 5 (Skills) + 2 (BD 10) = 11

Ariel HP: 36/36

Oikawa HP: 28/28 

Bandit 1 HP: 

Bandit 3 HP: 24/35 (-11)

Oikawa watched as his compatriots went flying into the heat of battle. "Haha I've never seen Azide so eager to race into the fray. It's weird . Ah well. I best get my hiney down there. For who else will take on the last member of their group?" Oikawa unsheathed Faint Edge, and as if like a wisp of smoke disappeared from the hill top and instantly gained a presence on the battlefield. Eyeing the final member of the bandit group, Oikawa quickly reacted as he tried to dagger Azide from behind. Stepping into the small space, Oikawa deflected the dagger with relative ease. Even going as far as to send the dagger flailing into the dirt. "Azide don't be, for lack of better words, too careless. This dimwit almost daggered you." Readying his blade, Oikawa rushed the bandit.

Using a parrying like move, Oikawa blocked most of the Bandit's attack, receiving minimal damage from a small cut on his arm. Pushing through the hit, Oikawa sank his rapier into the bandit as King simultaneously activated his thorn like ability, also piercing the enemy. Jumping back, Oikawa could feel King's tiny claws sink into him as the familiar held on.  

"Sorry King!, I'll try to move around less. In the meantime try to keep your claws out of my scalp haha!"

ID: 11633

BD: 9 (6 + 3 ACC) Hit

CD: 3 Fail
MD: 6 (8 - 2) Hit (Thorns activated)

Damage Taken (Bandit 4) = 1 (Base) + 2 (Rapier) + 3 (Skills) + 2 (Thorns) = 8

Damage Taken (Oikawa)=  4 (Base) - 3 (Mitigation) = 1

Ariel HP: 33/36

Oikawa HP: 27/28 (-1)

Bandit 1 HP: 27/35

Bandit 4 HP: 27/35 (-8)

After dealing the first blow Ariel looked over her shoulder, everybody quickly joined in and appeared to land a successful first strike. Kimba rapidly followed her and went behind her. "That's a pretty kitty you have there miss, After I kill ya I'm sure it'll fetch us a large price on the black market!" said the bandit while smirking, noticing the familiar's arrival. while preparing to attack Ariel let out a smile saying: "You will have to work hard on that 'after I kill you' part. As you'll soon find out I am not that easy to kill! The bandit reached with his left hand behind him pulling out a dagger and as Ariel started speaking he throwed it at her but Kimba growled the instant he wanted to throw it, warning Ariel before she easily evaded the flying knife. "You shouldn't disturb people when they are talking." she said while closing in on him and stabbing the Bandit in its shoulder before he got a chance to counterattack.

ID: 11686 BD: 6  MD: 2

Ariel HP: 33/36 

Oikawa HP: 27/28 

Bandit 1 HP: 19/35 (-8)

*At a nat MD of 10 the Bandit deals full dmg(6 dmg), ignoring mitigation. (extra difficulty)

Crozeph raised his sword as he sees the bandit pull out one of its daggers and its axe on the other "dual wield or he'll throw the dagger?" Crozeph thought. Unlike the one facing Ariel, this one seems quiet and that's fine by Crozeph "I hate noisy opponents" he thought. The bandit then charged at Crozeph as he stood still "and fast, but you won't able to deal any heavy blow on me" Crozeph thought. He responded to the bandits attack with a charge also, his eyes set on it's knee, aiming to slow it down "speed is not about how fast you are everywhere..." Crozeph thought as he dodges the dagger of the bandit by an inch cutting his left shoulder "it's about how slow they are." Crozeph ducked again as the bandit swung it's axe "bingo" Crozeph uttered. Taking a step forward making him skid a little, Crozeph spun around before the bandit could recover from its blunder of an attack making Crozeph wound its left heel. The bandit fell on the ground right after the attack but quickly stood up, it seems Crozeph didn't just wound the heel but up to the back of its knee "now try hurling another dagger at me" he told the bandit as it gave him a glare.

[iD:11717]

Battle Dice: [8] success

1 base +2 Crimson Flare +3 weapon skill

Mob Dice: [8] - [2] = [6] success

4 damage - 3 mitigation = 1 damage

Ariel HP: 33/36 

Crozeph HP: 36/37

Bandit 1 HP: 19/35 

Bandit 2 HP: 23/35 (-6)

He'd heard the distinctive sound of metal-on-metal call out from behind him. Considering their current situation, that alone wasn't exactly a red flag; the selection of metal weapons here was plentiful, and he'd heard the same sound more times than he could keep track of in the past few minutes alone. But what had taken him aback was the sight of a dagger skidding across the ground before coming to a halt not less than a meter away from where he stood. It lay half-sunk in the volcanic ash, showing obvious scuff marks. He turned around for a brief moment to see Oikawa with a devilish grin, giving his a single spin before rushing off to give fight to the bandit that had wielded it.

"I'll keep that in mind," he shot back. He'd nodded, despite being aware that his guild mate could no longer see him from his position, before springing forward once more. "Cautious within reason, that is." He quickly moved to place his opponent within striking range, while at the same time making sure that he remained safely out of reach from his enemy. From there, he feigned an early swing in order to lure the bandit, whom he figured to be inherently greedy by nature. The bandit took the bait, as he'd predicted, and received a faster-than-expected swing from the opposite direction.

"At this rate," he thought, "things will be over for him in two more clean hits."

ID: 11726

BD: 7 (Hit)

MD: 3 (Miss)

Damage taken (Bandit 3) = 1 (Base) + 3 (Rapier) + 5 (Skills) = 9

Bandit 1 HP: 19/35

Bandit 2 HP: 23/35

Bandit 3 HP: 15/35 (-9)

Bandit 4 HP: 27/35

The sound of metal clashing with metal continued to ring in the air. His group mates seemed to do well holding off their respective enemies. Everyone seemed to be connecting on their blows and strikes while taking minimal damage. Its best I don't get shown up haha. These guys are ruthless. The bandit twirled two daggers. One in each hand. Keeping a close eye on them, Oikawa inched closer and closer to the target. Deflecting the first knife thrown with his shield, Oikawa dodged the second as he ducked in and pierced the bandit in his right shoulder.

Removing the blade, he took a defensive stance and prepared for a counter attack. These bandits have no idea who they are dealing with...

ID: 11791
BD: 6 (Hit)

CD: 4
MD: 4 (6 - 2) (Miss) (Thorns Activated)

Damage taken (Bandit 4) = 1 (Base) + 2 (Rapier) + 3 (Skills) + 2 (Thorns) = 8

Oikawa HP: 27/28 (+0)

Bandit 1 HP: 19/35
Bandit 2 HP: 23/35 
Bandit 3 HP: 15/35