PP - F5 Ouch My Eyes! <<Blood on the Sands>> (Calrex, Teayre, and Oikawa)

"Gah! Geezes that was unexpected!"

Calrex was waiting underneath one of the trees on the 5th floor's main settlement to get out of the sun. He had found out from an information broker that apparently there was a respawning boss on this floor, one that seemed to be common for many fantasy games. A land shark...well...a shark that could swim through the sands.

"It would be an interesting creature to fight, although I had a feeling that I wouldn't be able to take it on my own. Hopefully Oikawa and Teayre got the messages I sent them. Now..."

"Get out of my eye please!"

Calrex rubbed his eyes as he tried to get the small grains of sand that had hit them to be removed. It had been some time since he had this sensation, and he did not appreciate being reminded of it.

After some time he did manage to get the sand loose as he blinked his eyes a few times, "Man I hope that isn't going to be a constant through this quest."

As she spawns into the fifth floor, Teayre scratches Beleram's head.

"Say can you see Callie, boy?

Beleram screeches before taking off from Teayre's shoulder. Following him he heads towards Calrex, before landing on his shoulder nibbling at his ear.

"Hey Callie!"

Running over she swings her arms around him as he's rubbing his eye.

Oikawa had been enjoying a quiet day at the forge, when he got a PM from Calrex. Reading it, he shrugged his shoulders and stood up. I've done this quest once before but no matter, they seem to need the help! "Come on King we have a shark to kill. You missed out on the last one but this time you may come along!" Placing the leopard on his head as usual, Oikawa sprinted for the teleportation gate. "Teleport: Armadillo." A bright light flashed as the duo was suddenly whisked away to the fifth floor.

Once there, the two ran out to the front gate. Once there, Oikawa could see the couple waiting for them. Briskly walking towards, them he waved so he wouldn't look like a complete weirdo just strolling up to them. "Hey Cal and Teayre. You guys excited to fight your first sand swimming shark?"

Hearing a recently familiar screech Calrex looked with a smile as he saw Teayre's familiar eagle Beleram fly over and land on his shoulder, "Hey there Beleram, have you been taking good care of Teay...gah, he, hey quit it that tickled a little!"

As Beleram began to nibble on his ear he felt Teayre wrap her arms around him, placing a hand on them as he turned around and hugged her, "Hey Teayre, glad you're here"

He gave a quick rub on her head as he heard another voice as he turned around to see Oikawa waving with his familiar leopard cub King walking alongisde him. Calrex waved in response and waited for him to arrive before sending the party request to the both of them.

"Yeah, it's definitely something I'm looking forward t...gah!"

All seemed to be going well before another bit of sand went into Calrex's eye. He brought his hand up to rub it and try to get the sand out.

"Is there more simulated wind than usual today? I hope this doesn't turn into a running thing during the quest..."

Letting out a laugh as Calrex flusters about with Beleram, she turns and sees Oikawa walking towards them.

"Heya Kawi, Hello King!"

Running over to the cub she begins to fuss over him, scratching his ear and stroking him.

"Beleram come on over here, you need to meet Oikawa and King."

The eagle turned it's head at it's masters voice, quickly giving Calrex one last nibble on the ear he spreads his wings and glides over to Teayre, perching on her shoulder. Looking at the blonde boy and the leopard cub, he cocks his head inquisitively.

"It's okay Beleram, King's friendly enough. It's Oikawa you need to watch out for. His tongue is sharper than any sword he's ever crafted."

Oikawa and King were greeted by the couple. King must've been in a spectacular mood as he allowed himself to be petted by Teayre. An eagle made it's way over to Oikawa and King. It stared inquisitively until Teayre assured the bird all was well. Well aside from Oikawa's apparent tongue. Chuckling, Oikawa asked, "Whaddya mean by that haha ?" Oikawa stepped closer to the eagle. Eyeing it with profound curiosity. Once he established something, Oikawa backed away and allowed the eagle to go about it's business.

"Gah give me a second guys..."

After a few more second Calrex managed to get the piece of sand out of his eyes, blinking a few times again, "I swear that's the second time that's happened in the past five minutes."

He looked over and saw that Beleram and King appeared to be grabbing the respective other tamer's attention, giving a smile to see everything was going alright so far. He walked over, stroking Beleram's wing a few times before putting his hands in his jacket pockets, "Alrighty Oikawa, so we're gonna be fighting a sand shark. Any ideas where it usually spawns?"

Chuckling Teayre ruffles Calrex's hair as he tries to get the sand out of his eyes, as she does so she covers her eyes with her other hand and begins to rub.

"Damnit, no fair only Cal is meant to get the sand in his eyes!"

Straightening up she holds her arm out to Beleram who had decide to fly around for a moment or two, he instead perches on Teayre's shoulder causing another laugh from the girl.

"Honestly, I've got two boys to take care off and both of them are as difficult as each other."

Looking over at Oikawa and King, she wags a finger at them.

"Don't you two join in either! Now then where two you guys lead I'll keep a look out for things."

" The shark spawns in what I like to call the sand sea. It's a little area just beyond the sand dunes that don't lie to much further from here. Once we get there, the shark should start swimming through the sand. Once it does, we make contact and take it out. Sound good?"

He then turned to Teayre and addressed her last statement. "King and I don't plan on causing any trouble haha!" Oikawa then gestured for the two players, he had so soon became fond of, to follow him. "So have you guys considered joining S1 yet?"

Calrex gave a nod as Oikawa briefed them on the spawning area for the sand shark, and when he motioned for them to follow him he nodded, giving Teayre and Beleram a quick rub on the head before following him, "Alright you two, let's get moving."

"So have you guys considered joining S1 yet?"

Calrex couldn't help but smirk as Oikawa asked them about joining his guild, "Heh, do you miss us that much Oikawa? Can't really say I have at the moment, but I've been doing my own little sidejob for now."

As they continued to walk he equipped his Wristguards of Hardened Stone, giving a couple of practice punches as they walked, "I wonder how good a punch will work against a land shark?"

Following along, Beleram sat on her shoulder. Teayre strokes the handle of her blade.

"I can't say I have Kawi, although I'm not sure how I'd work with a guild... Not after... Well anyways it depend on what Cal wants to do."

Looking at Calrex she calls out to him.

"What side job is that?"

Oikawa listened to both of their answers. Not yes from either but not a no as well. Hmm...Teayre seems to be more against it than for it, whereas Cal is more on the fence, but seems content with where he's at. I won't press any further on the matter I guess. "Well of course I miss you guys. The upper floors get a lot more lonely as you level up. Anyway I was just wondering. It's not mandatory by any means and I don't want you guys to feel like I'm pressing you to join. If you want, you can. If you'd rather not, no harm no foul. You guys will still be my friends regard-ack!" Suddenly the ground shook and the sand beneath them shifted. 

"Draw your weapon and be on guard. We're in <<Sand Shark>> territory now."

"What side job is that?"

As Teayre asked about his side job Calrex gave a smile as he let her catch up, "Silly I thought I messaged you about it. It's the job of gathering materials to give to the stores. I actually already have two places requesting materials, so business is 'booming'."

It seemed like they had been walking for a little bit, with Calrex listening attentively to Oikawa's response to his and Teayre's answer to his question, until his sentence was interrupted by some loose sand shifting around.

"Draw your weapon and be on guard. We're in <<Sand Shark>> territory now."

"Got it."

"Since we're going up against a field boss I'd best not resort to using only my fists this time. If we want to survive I'd better use all that I've got."

Calrex reached back and drew his Anneal Blade, flipping it into a hammer grip as he kept his eyes peeled, "Alright, where are you coming from?"

"If it exhibits similar behavior to a normal shark it might have a fin poke out of the sand as it moves around, then dive deeper underneath so it can come up underneath its intended target. So if we can see the fin in time we can probably predict where it will strike from."

"Okay Kawi!"

Slowly drawing her blade she rested the tip of it in the sand slowly dragging it along behind her.

"Say... what do you think this Sand Shark looks like anyway? Just a brown version of a great white or something?"

Making sure she had hold of Calrex's hand, she leans up and quickly kisses his cheek.

"I love you, don't you forget it. If the worst happens well if it happens I'll sort the problem out then okay?"

Flashing him a grin, her eyes having a glazed over look to them for half a second before reverting back to their normal florescence.

(OOC: Post your stats in your next posts so I can adjust anything if necessary. We will also be using the hate mechanic. If you don't understand how that works PM me!)

Oikawa's Stats:

HP: 30
Damage: 6 (1 Base + 2 OHR + 2 Weapon +1 Athletics)
Damage Mitigation: 3
Accuracy: 3
Evasion: 2
Thorns: 2 (activated on a Nat Enemy BD of 6,7 or 8)
Bleed: 2 (activates on a Nat BD of 8, 9 or 10)

"It resembles a hammerhead more than anything and on top of that it is very quick." No sooner than those words left his mouth, a brown fin escaped his sight as it dove beneath the surface. "It knows we're here." The sand shifted back and forth. Notifying the players of movement, but not the direction. Oikawa kept his glance moving back and forth. Scanning the area for any signs of the land shark. Just as he was about to announce they should move on, a mouth with rows of several jagged sharp teeth broke the surface and launched itself at Calrex.

"Cal! Watch out" Oikawa lunged at the attacker but it was too late. The shark had snapped up Calrex and tossed him into the air. Running full speed, he slid along the sand until he right under Cal. Catching him, they dropped into the sand. "Eh sorry about that. The damned thing is ruthless. Are you alright?" Oikawa dusted himself off and offered to pull Cal up. Then he looked about, making sure Teayre wasn't being harassed by the shark next. "Keep and eye out. It's your move." Oikawa said to Cal.

ID: 12361 

BD: 4 (1 + 3 ACC)(Miss)
MD: 6 (7 - 1 EVA)(Hit)

Damage taken (Calrex) = 3 (Base) = 3

H0 Oikawa HP: 30/30
H0 Calrex HP: 16/19 (-3)
H0 Teayre HP: 17/17

<Sand Shark>> 50/50 (-0)

OOC: Lol PMed you about it XD

Calrex's Stats:

HP: 19
Damage: 4 (1 Base + 1 Equipment + 2 Weapon)
Damage Mitigation: 0
Accuracy: 0
Evasion: 1

ID: 12365
Battle Dice: 10 (+2 Damage)

"I love you, don't you forget it. If the worst happens well if it happens I'll sort the problem out then okay?"

Calrex made note of Teayre's eyes dimming, a concerned look flashing across his face for a second before he gave a nod, resuming his wa...

"Cal! Watch out"

"Huh? Gah!"

As Oikawa was explaining the appearance of the shark it had broken his focus for a second, just the amount of time needed for the shark to dive underneath the sand and pop up to charge at Calrex. As it smashed its teeth into him Calrex clenched his teeth as he got tossed into the air. As he fell he twisted his body to right himself so that he could easily land, but felt himself get caught as he fell, feeling the person's legs buckle as they both hit the ground, "Puh!"

"Eh sorry about that. The damned thing is ruthless. Are you alright?"

"Y-Yeah...no worse for wear at least."

Calrex quickly got to his feet as he kept his sword at the ready, trying to spot the next area the shark was going to attack from.

"Keep and eye out. It's your move."

Calrex gave a nod as he took a quick calming breath, his eyes focusing on the sands. As he continued to look his eyes quickly picked up on a trail that was moving along the sand, the large noise of the sand underground being parted matching the path the trail was moving along, "I see it. Get ready guys."

He spread his stance as he reinforced his grip by placing his secondary hand against the top of the handle, just underneath the guard. He tensed his muscles in preparation for the shark to pop out of the sand.

"Alright, the last time it attacked me from the side with a dive. It would need to go deep into the sand in order to build up enough speed for that. This path is too shallow if we can see it. Which means..."

As if on queue the shark dove out of the sand about seven feet from Calrex, its mouth open. As he saw it coming Calrex stepped to the side, slicing forward with his sword. The sword caught on the right cheek of the shark's open mouth as the momentum of the shark's flight forced it down along the its length. Calrex clenched his teeth as he maintained his stance and his grip on his sword as the shark made its trip, the sword exiting out leaving a deep gash along its side.

He quickly recovered himself, looking around for the next possible spot it might come from next, "Alright Teayre get ready!"

HP List
Oikawa: 30/30 (Hate: 0)
Calrex: 16/19 (Hate: 2)
Teayre: 17/17 (Hate: 0)

Enemies:
Sand Shark: 44/50

Teayre's Stats

spoiler

HP: 17

DMG: 3 (1 Base + 2 Skill)

+2 Accuracy (Bracelet and weapon)

\spoiler

"Cal! You fiend!"

Looking over at Calrex, Teayre takes a step forwards as she hear's his voice.

"Y-Yeah...no worse for wear at least."

"That's good, right gotta get this thing."

Readying herself she begins to dart forward, the shark moving in a pattern. As Calrex slams his blade home, stepping back she waits for his signal.

"Alright Teayre get ready!"

Rushing forwards she strikes at the beast, which moves too quickly for her narrowly dodging the strike. Jumping back she sits down cross legged on the sand placing her sword in her lap, she rests her hands either side of her. Closing her eyes she begins to hum. Picking her blade up she rolls backwards as the shark comes for her sticking her blade in the sand directly in front of her the shark swerves to one side dodging it again as it rears up out of the sand coming for her she twists her blade out of the sand before spinning it all the way round and striking the flank of the shark.

"Damn thing, Oikawa get it!"

ID:12589

BD: 6 (4+2ACC)

HP List
Oikawa: 30/30 (Hate: 0)
Calrex: 16/19 (Hate: 2)
Teayre: 17/17 (Hate: 1)

Enemies: 
Sand Shark: 41/50 (Bleed for 2 Turns)

(OOC: Who and how was Bleed activated? btw Cal you put queue instead of cue.)

The sand shuffled about. Moving here and there and dancing in the wind. Oikawa recovered from the catch and drop of Calrex just as the blue haired boy struck a familiar mob darting from the sand. As the shark received it's blow and dove back into the sand, it narrowed in on Teayre and attacked once more. Opting to swim above the sandy surface, Teayre easily homed in on the shark as it swiveled back and forth across the desert. She narrowly dodged a bite as she struck the backside of the hammerhead.

The enemy dove once more beneath the surface. Oikawa tried to focus on its next attack. Seeing how Calrex generated the most action so far, he was sure the shark would go after him again. Oikawa instinctively dashed right in front of Cal when the shark broke the surface. He was a second too late as the shark Calrex to the ground with a swip of its tail. Oikawa didn't give up however. Instead he chased the shark down. Impaling the creature as it dove beneath the surface once more.

"You should really invest in evasion haha. You're getting smacked around Cal."

ID: 12618 

BD: 7 (4 + 3 ACC)(Hit)
MD: 6 (7 - 1 EVA)(Hit)

Damage taken (Sand Shark) = 1 (Base) + 2 (Weapon) + 3 (Skills) = 6

Damage taken (Calrex) = 3 (Base) = 3

H1 Oikawa HP: 30/30
H2 Calrex HP: 13/19 (-3)
H1 Teayre HP: 17/17

<Sand Shark>> 35/50 (-6)

OOC: That was me originally when I crit, but I remembered that Ariel's light armor she gave me can't have Bleed anymore unfortunately due to the new enhancement system O_O. and Darn it! I thought I used the wrong word XD!

Btw Oikawa you gained one Hate on that hit right?

IC:

ID: 12620

Battle Dice: 3

Calrex was trying to keep an eye on the shark as he saw Teayre land a blow, trying to follow the sounds and trails of sand that it had made. Unfortunately the trail disappeared as the shark dove deep underneath the sands.

"Darn it I lost it...which way did it..."

Before Calrex could complete his thought the large form of the shark shot past him from behind, inches away from his head. His eyes widened in surprise for a second as he turned to try and get a strike on it, but as he turned the shark turned its tail, the large fin slamming into him as he got knocked back a few feet. Luckily enough before it managed to get away Oikawa had chased after it and landed a stab on the shark before it got out of his range.

"You should really invest in evasion haha. You're getting smacked around Cal."

"Yeah no kidding. It seems to have taken a liking to me for some reason."

He turned and looked around once more as he heard the shark break the sand's surface, trying to snap at him. Calrex stepped to the side to try and catch it as it descended once again, but this time the shark had angled itself out of his sword's range.

"Tch darn it. Teayre you're up! Watch out for its fins!"

HP List

Oikawa: 30/30 (Hate: 1)

Calrex: 13/19 (Hate: 2)

Teayre: 17/17 (Hate: 1)

Enemies:

Sand Shark: 35/50 

"Yeah no kidding. It seems to have taken a liking to me for some reason."

"Well Cal, what's not to like about you? Strong, Good looking just great all round."

Sending a sly wink in Oikawa's direction she walked towards Calrex, raising one of her hands towards his face before shoving him on the chest as the shark raised itself out of the sand to try and bite the pair of them.

"Oh no you don't, Only I'm allowed to eat him!"

Bringing her blade around as the sand scattered past her she cut through where it was heading to, hearing a cry as she did so she offered her hand to Calrex.

"Kawi Switch! Here Handsome, no use lying around watching."

ID: 12730

BD: 8 (6+2ACC)

HP List

Oikawa: 30/30 (Hate: 1)

Calrex: 13/19 (Hate: 2)

Teayre: 17/17 (Hate: 2)

Enemies:

Sand Shark: 32/50 3 DMG