PP - F5 Ouch My Eyes! <<Blood on the Sands>> (Calrex, Teayre, and Oikawa)

Calrex was right. The shark had been attacking him like he was the only prey in the area. Oikawa watched as Calrex narrowly avoided being snatched up by the shark and called for a switch in from Teayre. She appeared to be more interested in Cal than the shark, however that proved to be valuable as she pushed him from the path of a second shark attack. The just before the shark could get out of her range, she sent her blade slicing into the creature as it wailed in pain.

She then called for a switch. Oikawa surveyed the area. The shark burst from sand and lunged at Teayre. Acting swiftly, Oikawa intercepted the shark's attack, sending his blade through its snout. This effectively halted the attack and sent the creature diving back into the sandy depths. "Oh man that was close. You two alright?" He asked as he gestured for Calrex to grab his hand so he and Teayre could help him up.

ID: 12772

BD: 7 (Hit)
MD: 1 (Miss)

Damage taken (Sand Shark) = 1 (Base) + 2 (Weapon) + 3 (Skills) = 6

H2 Oikawa HP: 30/30
H2 Calrex HP: 13/19
H2 Teayre HP: 17/17

<Sand Shark>> 26/50 (-6)

ID: 12776

Battle Dice: 10 (+2 Damage)

"Well Cal, what's not to like about you? Strong, Good looking just great all round."

Calrex felt his face flush as he heard Teayre send a compliment his way, even more so as she walked over and pushed him to the ground. However, that state was broken when he saw the shark go flying overhead as Teayre managed to take a strike at it. As he was about to get to his feet he heard another incoming roar as the shark came again, only this time Oikawa was the one that managed to stop it in its tracks, sending it back down into the sands.

"Oh man that was close. You two alright?"

As Oikawa extended his hand Calrex gave a smirk as he accepted it, "Yeah doing alright so...watch it!"

He saw the sand behind Oikawa burst as the shark tried to attack them from behind. He quickly used the momentum from Oikawa's assisted pull to rush past him, holding his sword in a reverse grip as he reinforced the pommel with his free hand. He quickly brought it back as he planted his stance. As the shark got just into striking range Calrex gritted his teeth as he thrust forward, jamming his blade directly between the shark's eyes. The shark's momentum carried directly into the path of Calrex's stab, the force sending Calrex and the shark sliding a few paces back before the momentum died out. While the shark was still attached to his sword Calrex gave a strained groan as he lifted his sword up and wrenched it out, at the same time rolling the shark a couple of inches to the side.

He gave a couple of breaths as the shark wriggled itself back upright and dove back underneath. "Keep and eye out guys." He backed up a few paces so that he, Teayre, and Oikawa formed a triangle, facing outwards, "Alright Teayre, switch!"

HP List

Oikawa: 30/30 (Hate: 2)

Calrex: 13/19 (Hate: 4)

Teayre: 17/17 (Hate: 2)

Enemies:

Sand Shark: 20/50

The shark had disappeared underneath the sand again true to it's name, her eyes peeled she noticed a slight shift in the sand by Oikawa's foot which looped round past her heading for Calrex, drawing a circle in the sand with her blade she waits until the last moment before pushing Calrex aside and thrusting with her blade as the sand began to part. Her blade piercing the roof of the sharks mouth. The beast quickly dove back under the sand, heading out circling them. Offering her hand to Calrex she hoists him back up.

"Sorry about that Cal, I didn't want to see you get hurt... With any luck this'll be over soon though. Kawi, you're up."

ID: 12918

BD: 6 (4+2ACC)

Oikawa: 30/30 (Hate: 2)

Teayre: 17/17 (Hate: 3)

Enemies:

Sand Shark: 17/50  3DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill)

Calrex had grasped his hand and was replying when suddenly, like a bolt of lightning he struck the shark just as it appeared from the sands. Oikawa watched as the collision caused Calrex to slide past him with a very angry hammerhead attached to the end of his blade. Flinging the Mob from his blade, Calrex exclaimed and air of caution as the shark dove into the sands once more. Just as the trio were getting comfortable the shark decided to try another sneak attack on Calrex. Luckily Teayre was close enough to push Cal to the ground before sinking her blade into the roof of the sharks gaping mouth.

In obvious pain, the creature once again returned to the sandy depths. Oikawa watched the sands as they sifted and swayed with the urging of the wind. The scene seemed to become almost serene. That was abruptly quelled however, as the hammerhead made it's presence known once more by leaping from the sands beneath them. It attempted once more to snap at Cal but Oikawa had other goals. Swiftly turning on his heel, Oikawa sent his rapier through the center mass of the creature before quickly removing his blade and jabbing the mob three more times before it dropped into the sand.

Rather than diving beneath the surface like it magically did before, the creature waded along the surface in an attempt to avoid taking further damage. "Don't you guys let up! It's near death and this is our chance! Lets finish this!"

ID: 13079

BD: 9 (Hit) (Bleed Activated)
MD: 1 (Miss)

Damage taken (Sand Shark) = 1 (Base) + 2 (Weapon) + 3 (Skills) + 1 (Critical) = 7

H4 Calrex HP: 13/19
H3 Teayre HP: 17/17

<Sand Shark>> 10/50 (-7) (Bleed 0/2)

ID:13141

Battle Dice: 1 (No My Luck!)

As Teayre and Oikawa managed to strike the Sand Shark Calrex nodded as Oikawa noted the shark was almost finished. He flipped his sword into a hammer grip, but as he did he felt something strange in his arm. His arm felt unusually loose, like he had strained the muscles in it.

"Not good..."

As the shark emerged from the sand once again Calrex rushed forward, trying to strike while reinforcing his grip like before. But while his sword did connect, the previous critical blow he dealt on the shark had actually strained his right arm enough that his grip was shocked. The force of the shark's charge knocked it out of his hand stuck it into the sand.

Calrex looked down, partially surprised at how strained his right arm actually was. He cursed under his breath as he retrieved his sword with his left hand, giving a few quick swings, "Guess I'll need to make do with my left for now..."

HP List

Oikawa: 30/30 (Hate: 3)

Enemies:

Sand Shark: 10/50

"Cal, get it together!"

Screaming at him as the shark she watched as the shark knocked the blade out of his hand, she stepped forwards her blade beginning to whip down narrowly missing the shark, as it scurried through Calrex's legs. Swerving around she stretches one leg at her hand keeping her balanced on the sand, she relaxes her grip on her sword, twirling it around her hand she brings it down as the shark stops and turns for her.

Tightening her grip on her weapon she drops completely flat avoiding the sharks attack, as she does so she raises her weapon, scoring a hit along the underbelly of the beast.

"Oikawa go!"

Rolling she pushes herself to her feet.

ID:13261

BD: 8(6 + 2 ACC)

HP List
Oikawa: 30/30 (Hate: 3)

Enemies:
Sand Shark: 7/50 3DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill)

Calrex had a clear opening to damage the mob. However something seem to go awry as he had his blade knocked away. The bluenette clutched his arm as he retrieved his blade with the left. The shark swerved around him in circles ready to strike. Only instead, Teayre stepped in and dealt  a nice a blow with her falchion. "Calrex. Is your arm alright? Step back. Me and Teayre will finish this."

Oikawa stepped into the shark's new path. It seemed hell bent on attacking Calrex. As such, Oikawa knew exactly where it would go. The shark tried to maneuver around the blonde, but its attempts were futile. Oikawa quickly cut off it's change in course an thrust is glowing rapier right between the shark's eyes. The hammerhead halted movement and writhed before exploding into millions of blue glowing crystals.

He took a few steps forward to collect the loot and turned to face the others. Giving a thumbs up he shouted "Job well done you two! We did amazing work here to day."

ID: 13274

BD: 10 (Hit) (Bleed Activated)
LD:  15

Damage taken (Sand Shark) = 1 (Base) + 2 (Weapon) + 3 (Skills) + 2 (Bleed) + 2 (Hyper Critical) = 10

H4 Calrex HP: 13/19
H3 Teayre HP: 17/17

<Sand Shark>> 0/50 (-10) DEAD

[Oikawa-The Faint received 1 Sand Armour Pot, Shark Bone(material), and 250 Col] 

Calrex was prepared for another attack from the shark, keeping his left arm trained on the shark, his right hand up against his left shoulder to keep it out of the way.

"Cal, get it together!"

"Heh, thanks for the reminder..."

"Calrex. Is your arm alright? Step back. Me and Teayre will finish this."

"Yeah...thanks guys..."

Calrex lowered his blade at the same time as Teayre managed to land a blow against the sand shark, immediately followed by Oikawa's accurate piercing stab between the shark's eyes. He saw it blur before the shark dissipated into a series of crystals. As the shark disappeared he gave a sigh of relief as he looked down at his right hand. While he managed to clench it into a fist, he could feel the muscles twitching, the feeling reflecting in his hand as the fingers intermittently loosened and tightened once again. He angled his body so that he could sheath his sword with his left hand, reaching across and sheathing the blade.

"*sigh* I really need to get stronger. I can't believe that the last strike I got wrecked my arm like that. I'll need to take that into account the next time I try something like that."

He looked over at his two companions, putting on a congratulatory smile as he put his right hand in his jacket pocket, "Thanks for the assistance guys. I guess that they incorporated muscle strain into this game as well."

Calrex put his left hand behind his head apologetically, "I guess I'll need to take that into account the next time I decide to shish kebab a shark, heh."

Watching as Oikawa finished off the land shark she nods at him, before walking over to Calrex, dropping her blade her eyes narrowed.

"Oikawa, keep an eye out for more mobs just in case, Cal let me see your arm and don't be so whiney about it, you'd do the same if I got injured." 

Poking her tongue out, she grabbed Calrex's injured arm, and began to gently massage it starting from his hand and working her way up towards the shoulder. As she finished the massage she gently kissed the blue heads shoulder before punching his arm where she had kissed it.

"Next time be more careful you idiot, when you want to shish kebab a shark next save it for the lamb... It tastes better trust me."

Stepping away she begins to shake her head, raising a hand to her forehead she sighs. Picking her weapon back up she sheathes it before sitting down.

"So where to now guys? Can't be much more left to do can there?"

Oikawa glanced around to make sure their surroundings were clear. Once satisfied, he turned to face the couple and spoke. "Cal you're fine. Don't worry about it." He grinned at the bluenette and continued. "Plus with Teayre looking out for you, I doubt you two will run into anything y'all can't handle." Sheathing his blade, he paced back in forth to allow himself to think about the next course of action.

Well like Teayre said, there's nothing really left to do here. I suppose we can just go home. Since Iv'e done this quest before however, I'll let them have the sand pots since I don't think I need either. Oikawa stopped pacing and faced the couple yet again. "So, since I've completed this quest already, I really only need the experience, materials, and Col. I have my <Sand Armour Pot(s)> from the last time, and I would like to give each of you one." 

He handed them an Armour Pot each and stepped back. "Well we should adventure again soon. It's always a blast fighting along side you two." Smiling, Oikawa strolled off back towards the town and away from the sandy winds of the fifth floor.

Calrex gave a thankful smile as Teayre massaged his arm, his train of thought breaking when she gave him a punch on the shoulder. He gave a small laugh as Teayre joked about shish kebabing a lamb over a shark. He clenched his hand a few times to check on it. While it still felt kind of strange, like a very loose rubberband, it felt better than before, "Thanks Teayre, that feels much better than before."

"Cal you're fine. Don't worry about it...Plus with Teayre looking out for you, I doubt you two will run into anything y'all can't handle."

Calrex smiled as he gave a nod, "You're right. Don't worry I'm sure I'll be fine after a little bit of letting it relax."

As Oikawa gifted him and Teayre his Armor pots he looked in surprise before accepting it, "You sure Oikawa..."

"Well we should adventure again soon. It's always a blast fighting along side you two."

Before Calrex could even complete his question Oikawa was already heading off. He gave a friendly wave to their companion before turning back to Teayre, "Yeah, it looks like we're about done on this floor. If you want we can go to the High Field of Crossing if you want. It's still the middle of the day so it should still be a great sight to revisit."

He brushed some of her hair to the side before he sneakily leaned in and stole a kiss from her, "In any case, we're all done, so let's get moving."

Topic Complete!

• 1 Page Completed (400 col)
    • Teayre (134 col)
    • Oikawa (133 col)
    • Calrex (133 col)
  • Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • Quest Complete (3 SP)

Calrex:

+1 Sand Armor Potion (Gifted from Oikawa)

Teayre: 

+1 Sand Armor Potion (Gifted from Oikawa)

Oikawa:

+1 Material

250 Col