OP: F4 'Subsiding Raging Storms' 5/5 FULL

"Daeron , do You consider me plain stupid ?.. Do you think I would fight someone with 20 more levels than me ? You're wrong big boy" he said as he declined the duel. "Of course , you could still attack me if you really want , but I am quite sure you don't " Kosan said as he smiled. For him this was a wise choice. Instead of losing his life guaranteed , he could decide to stay around a little more.. He knew there were going to be coward jokes now , but he was not a "coward".. He was wise for denying the battle. " and excuse me , I guess it would look kinda bad for the "Murderous Monster" Daeron to kill someone which is 20 levels less.. That would make you a bigger coward that it makes me for denying that battle.." He said as he laughed. "But then again , you don't care what you do , right ?" .. He added as he laughed a little..

(You guys should pray for me. I tried posting once but it logged me out, second time I accidentally clicked out the tab. I'm hopelessly dense and sorry for the late reply. Merp sorry if it's really bad. :<)

Alton, who's voice I recognized from earlier in the week, made his presence known by making snide remarks to Mari. He commented on the liquid she drank, which told me right away that he knew what was going on. He scooped up a clump of snow and began to mold it. He tossed it in the air slightly until it formed a ball shape. This mesmerizing process continued until he finally came out with a sleek snowball. Alton's honey colored eyes then stared at me with a light glint in them. He then waved his hand at me as he asked me about the 'Calming Honey'. I didn't even have to guess; I knew he was about to comment about the other day. I returned his polite wave with an icy glare and crossed arms. "Shut up...I didn't know what I was doing, I don;t even remember what happened. It would be great if you told me what happened but I doubt it would be the truth. Just lay off will ya?" I rolled my eyes and returned my attention to the situation starting to form between Kosan and Daeron.

Daeron began by stating that Alkor's death was his fault, that he was the one who should be blamed. I could sympathize. In that boss battle we lost two players. I was the captain of my group but I wasn't a very good one. I didn't help anyone or do anything to support my team, instead I just sat back and watched them. That position was granted to me because of my level, which was not the right choice. Even I still blamed myself for Rue's death, she was in my squad after all. But there was also the fact that I physically couldn't do anything, I had no potions on me. If anyone should be blamed for the deaths of Alkor and Rue, it would Daeron and I. Then again, no one else tried to help either. Everyone was so focused on getting the last hit that they just watched Alkor be ripped apart and Rue be killed by the Hydra. 

Kosan totally disagreed though. While he knew Mari couldn't do anything under the influence of the 'Calming Honey' he started verbally attacking her and Daeron. He said that Alkor's death was ultimately Mari's fault; if she loved him she would have saved him. But she didn't. Kosan had no right to say anything like this to Mari or Daeron for the matter even if she couldn't remember it. With anger and threats rising in my throat I stepped forward. "It doesn't matter if I'm in the highest position or the lowest, I'm still in the guild aren't I? No matter what rank I am in the guild, I am still your superior. It's true that you spoke normally to me but the words you've said from the point I arrived weren't okay. You dare bash on a dead person because you have a grudge?! You think you aren't the only one to deal with rejection? Think again." I said and took a deep breath. Without making eye contact I said the following: "If you were in a life threatening situation I would help even you Kosan. I don't enjoy watching people die you know." 

Though I tried, I still failed to calm things down between the two. Heated words were spoken between Kosan and Daeron until something snapped. Daeron went ahead and issued a total-loss match request to Kosan along with threats. I pulled out my dagger and stepped in between Daeron's blade and Kosan. "Guys.." I warned and shot a glare at the both of them. Surely by now they would know that this was not the best option considering the current situation. Thankfully, Kosan was smart enough to decline. I dropped my shoulders but kept my glare intense. "Settle down now." 

He couldn't help but snicker as the girl with the two-toned hair shut him out completely with her words. There was something about her unambiguously pointed remarks that amused him so deeply. Usually, people would at least play along for a while- but it seemed that this one already distrusted him right off the bat. Then again, there's the fact that she doesn't remember... Normally, he wasn't one to put much stake in simple words- but he'd had some... experience... with that particular subject.

Locke gave an easy, careless shrug. "I'd love to tell you all about it, but I'm afraid story time falls a little short on our list of priorities at the moment," he said. He gestured toward the increasingly confrontational pair before him; his pelted snowballs had practically evaporated on impact from the heat that emanated from them, and neither of the two acknowledged his brazen gesture in the slightest. In reality, they'd probably just shattered- but it never hurt to have a more colorful imagination. Or maybe it was just drugs.

In any case, he stood there with a neutral expression as both their voices and words escalated into something beyond a simple disagreement. The toasty heatedness of the scene warmed his heart, in a way.

(I like how MAri is freezing to death unconscious on the floor and no one even notices hahahaha)
Calming Honey 6 Posts remaining.

Mari had her eyes closed; she attempted to open them but the frost from the fallen snow had sealed them shut. Her eyes dances behind closed lids, and her concern for being unable to open them quickly subsided. 

There was a war going on around her - of heated words, hurtful and painful - why was Kosan being so cruel? What was Daeron doing? Initiating a duel? Why? To kill Kosan? Mari didn't care what they did. She felt happy and at peace. Where she was - it was comfortable, and warm. Mari shifted; dishevelling the snow that had fallen on her - As she rolled over - yawning as she burried her face into the icy snow.

To her; it was nothing more than a warm blanket. 

Mari: 74/79 - Environmental damage

(I didn't quite pick on your context clues as you wrote it so I didn't know she was starting to freeze to death.)

Daeron was stopped by Kiru, who willingly stepped before Daeron to stop the confrontation. Letting out a snort, he turned his head in arrogance and ignorance. He hated the thought of people protecting him, however, what did it matter in the future. Perhaps one day he can get back at him no matter the situation. All the people in the guild, Zelrius, Keith, Shanok, Clarence, Miaki... they were all behind Kosan simply because of a title. He didn't agree with that. "You know Kosan, they probably just let you in the guild because they pitied you." he said dropping his argument as it was pointless.

Daeron put his weapon away and he realized he hadn't heard a word from Mari. Turning his head to her, he saw her practically unconscious, and if she were alive right now, she made no motion to prove it. Instead, he realized it must be the weather, however, it could have been that stupid potion that she was tricked into drinking. Moving over beside her, he left several more footprints in the snow, but not many as she wasn't far from him. His shoulder slightly moist from the snowball that had been tossed at him earlier, was beginning to dry, but still, it was there.

He knelt down and placed one arm behind her shoulders and the other arm under her knee socket, where he was now able to lift her from the ground. He may not have anything romantic with Mari, but still. He couldn't sit there and let another friend die. Seeing that some of her health was now gone, he was concerned for her. He stood up now, with Mari in his arms, and giving a worried look at Mari. "What the hell did she drink." he said with hidden anger in his tone. As the silence lasted a few more moments he began to get more frustrated. "What did she drink!?" he said louder, and this time unable to hide his anger. If someone had done anything to hurt Mari, then he'd be sure to kill them on the spot. It was one thing to hurt Daeron, but it was another to hurt one of his friends. 

(I suppose I should have made it more obvious aha sorry for lame 2am post)
Calming Honey 5 posts remaining

Mari blinked as she felt herself get lifted up and out of the snow, her eyes slowly opening and closing. She gave a disgruntled moan. Her vision was slightly blurred; and it took her a few moments - staring at Daeron with dull, half lidded eyes to realize who it was. "Daeronnnnn..." She cooed happily as she wrapped her arms around his neck, her limbs were cold, icy to the touch - but quickly began to warm in the blonde man's arms. With her chest pressed against Daeron's it was clear that her breathing was rasped; and her heartbeat slow.  "I'm so happy to see you." She added giddily. "Not still trying to win me over are you?" She jested as she poked him in the cheek with a finger. Mari felt incredibly tired; and peaceful - but the sudden presence of Daeron, and the warmth he held seemed to jolt her out of her chilled stupor.

Daeron seemed to be angry about something, but Mari couldn't quite put her finger on what; "What did I drink...ohh.." Her head, feeling heavy lolled to the side; her speech was sluggish and her eyes were dulled. She seemed lost in thought for a few moments. "Oh yeehhh...Kosan gave me this tea, but he spiked it - with this potion called Calming Honey." Mari grinned. "I made it myself." Her eyes lazily danced over the others who were present.

They lit up with recognition when they landed on Locke. "oh oh! I know him!" Mari said pointing to Locke, before breaking into a fit of muted laughter. "He got me too, with another one of my potions; Starry Eyed Illusion. Tricked me into thinking he was Alkor." Mari's smile faltered; "It was mean." Under the influence of the calming honey, she couldn't exactly stay made a Locke; or even Kosan for that matter. Any emotion she felt just became dulled; pressed into a heated buzz. "At least he was a really good kisser." She said thoughtfully. Her head lolling to the side again as her eyes began to close. "So calm...so sleepy...I should stop trustin' everyone." She muttered. "Then I won't have to be like....mmmm..." Her words trailed off as she momentarially lost conciousness, her hand falling lifelessly to her side; hanging mid air.

"Daeron , they had pity for me you say ?.. I dont think so.. I am one of the best , even if still lowleveled. Do you think I give to craps about what you say what so ever ..?" He said as he turned his head to see Mari.. The calming honey effect didnt go as he planned.. Even if he was with a big mouth earlier , she still was one of his friends.. "Oh.. she drank my tea.. With some Calming honey in it .." He said as he heard Mari say the same.. "But I didn't thought it will be like this.. Mostly , I wanted her be calmed out because right now , she would kill me.. I hate the fact that I liked her , and I lied saying I don't feel anything for her anymore.. I wanted to befriend her , but of course all mighty stupid dumb flaming raging Daeron had to be around.." He said as he went besides him , hearing her saying some things about Locke which kissed her and so on.. "Oh..?" He said as he erased the idea and continued. "What so ever , we should start a fire around here ... Unless we want Mari dead.." He said as he was kinda worried.. He didn't planned to hurt Mari. But right now , after all he said , he realized he went a little crazy... A little bit more to be fair..

Daeron had ignored Kosan, as he was concerned for Mari. She had acted like she liked him more than usual because of that potion. Her arms were around his neck and until the potion would wear off, he will refuse anything to harm her. Daeron chuckled when she asked if he was still trying to win her over. And even though he was, he wouldn't admit it.

She mentioned how she made the calming honey and the same with one of Locke's tricks. She also mentioned how he was a good kisser, which sent a shiver down his spine because of jealousy. Kosan had began to ramble on about how he once loved her and how he messed up, but Daeron truly didn't care. Instead, he remained quiet and continued to hold her while she went on about something else.

His hands fluttered up until he resembled a mime who insisted that there was, in fact, an invisible wall right there in front of him. "Before anybody gets the wrong idea, let it be said that any story can be made to sound worse if you leave out the right details." She'd conveniently forgotten to include the part he'd been drugged beforehand- twice, as a matter of fact!

Sure, he probably had enough ulterior motives to power an entire parliament, but he didn't exactly run around causing misery just for the hell of it. Why do that, when he could get something out of it as well? Not to mention the unneeded gloom that would bring into his life.

He'd walked away with nothing to show for his little gambit, except for a night's worth of short-term memory loss. Hell, the single track mindedness of the potion had prevented him from extorting from the woman even a small sum of col.

She'd even managed to turn him away from the whole psychoactive substances thing. For the time being, at least. More than anything, it was a fragile pause.

"But you weren't too bad yourself," he added, in a wry tone. He turned back to face her, only to see that she'd already nodded off, prompting him to return his gaze to the others who stood around her. "So, you guys come here often?"

Golden Honey 4 posts remaining

Mari opened her eyes again after a short while. Feeling a little more well rested. She lifted her head off of Daeron's chest, "I can..I can walk its ok." She muttered groggily, followed by a large yawn. She squirmed and wriggled till she was able to stick her legs over his arms. She pushed herself up and off of his grip; only to stumble forward, landing forward onto Locke.

The action sent the both falling backward into the snow. Mari found this mildly amusing. She grinned, turning her head into Locke's neck. "Isn't this a tad awkward...eheh." Mari nuzzled her nose into his neck. She didn't mind the close proximity of another. It felt almost pleasant and she missed it, before she could stop herself, she had given a forlorn sigh. "I miss this." She muttered, closing her eyes for just a moment before finally pushing herself up off Locke and into a seated position.

Dazed blue eyes glanced around at the people around her; she gave a confused look. "What's with the tense atmosphere?" She asked.

(Sorry for short post, short on time.)

Daeron allowed her stand, but shortly after, she tumbled over to Locke, whom she was now nuzzling up to. He grew slightly irriated with jealousy, but he would refuse to show everyone else that. Instead, he helped her back up, and he gave Locke a look of discomfort. She stated how she missed it and that's what was really irritating him. Regardless, she asked what the tense atmosphere was about, and it was about time someone explained it to her. Daeron cleared his throat and then looked Mari into her blue, beautiful eyes.

"Well, let's just say Kosan's being a nuisance again. Talking about how he loves this and all that. I'm challenged him to a fight because of his ignorance to listen to my warnings, and of course he wimpered away from another duel simply because his ego prevents it. He claims it was smart to deny, but really it makes him pathetic since he seems to call everyone out, but when someone dares to step up against him, he tries so hard to be cool in denying it or running from his own battles." he said, pretty much filling in everything else that he didn't mention on his first statement.

Golden Honey 3 posts remaining

Mari blinked as Daeron lifted her up and off of Locke she pouted. She was quite comfortable where she was and didn't exactly want to be shifted. "But he brings me comfort..." She whined, pointing to Locke. Still, she turned to Daeron with a smile. Unaware of how much her words were upsetting him. She carefully pried her wrist out of his grip, only to stumble as she attempted to regain her balance again.

"Daeronnn...." She whined, as she found his extended arm, clasping onto it for support. She pursed her lips as she listened to his words.

"Lovin' people is stupid." She said simply. "It only makes you get all sad and junk." She looked up at Daeron then at Kosan, 'You two have some sort o' rivallry?" She asked, oddly curious.

In her drunken stupor, Mari had sent both of them to the ground. Luckily for him, layers and layers of fresh snow cushioned his fall like blankets. For a moment, she'd fallen atop of him, and he raised a brow at the apparent comfort she felt around him. "It's up in the air how lucid you are right now, Mari. But I'm gonna bite anyway; has that honey made you quick to forgive, or just quick to forget?"

Before she could give him a proper answer, Daeron lifted her off of him. His eyes lingered as Mari was pulled away, and he wondered how her experience was comparing to his own. But the thought soon faded in favor of a more interesting observation as he exchanged a glance with the blond-haired man. He hadn't missed the restrained smolder in his orange eyes. You can't hide your heart, Daeron. It's not so easy.

What did they remind him of? Perhaps the sun, in all of its warm radiance as it took its leave for the day. Or maybe something simpler, and more grounded- like freshly plucked carrots, which still showed a hint of the soil in which they'd been grown. Either way, it wasn't important, but it did make one think. Or maybe it was just drugs.

Locke raised himself from the frozen ground and brushed the snow from his chilly hands. "There's no need for jealousy, Daeron. Big strong guy like you? You've got it all." He looked the taller man up and down, then took a step forward and rapped his knuckles lightly against the man's heavy armor.

He turned his head to Mari, and his lips curved just the slightest bit. "What more could you possibly want?"

Golden Honey 2 posts remaining

Mari turned to Locke as he stood; asking if the honey had made her more forgiving, or quick to forget. Mari pursed her lips, "mmm...no; to both of those things. You hurt me Locke. I can't forget that, nor forgive it." She gave a small laugh, "No matter how good you kiss!" She stumbled toward him, one arm flailing out to grasp onto his shoulder. The other pressed to the centre of his forehead.

"Boop. I can respect what you did though." She gave him a sly smile, as she poked him in time with every word she spoke. "You. Were. Worried. About. Me."  

Locke turned his sights on Daeron, going as far as to tap Daeron's chest, mentioning that Daeron was jealous. Mari bought her hands up to cover her mouth as she gasped.

"oooooo there is draamaaaa." She said in an amused tone, gripping Locke with one hand and Daeron with the other. "oooooooooo" 

Daeron hadn't realized his death glare until it was brought up. As it was true he was jealous, he refused to remove the glare because as soon as he was called out on his jealousy Mari did it again, getting all close with Locke. Perturbed he rolled his eyes and then sighed. Mari in her almost childish state right now grabbed both of their hands, one in each hand.

Locke knocked on Daeron's armor, which once again bothered him. He didn't say a word as he felt his silence was saying more right now. Daeron simply stood there not saying anything, allowing Mari to hold his hand and Locke's.

Golden Honey 1 Post remaining

Mari was content; she felt somewhat rested, and it felt as though her entire being was filled with a buzzing warmth. She knew this was the effect of the calming honey; and after the initial weariness she experienced this side of it was ok. More than ok; it was great. "Sooo...." Mari said, in an attempt to break the silence. She let go of both Locke and Daeron - she first shifted to Daeron. Standing on her tip-toes to try and match his height - even standing like that he was still at least 2 inches taller.

She peered into his stoney amber gaze with big, blue, curious eyes. "Hey, hey - Daeron. Did I do something to make you sad? We're friends right?" She reached out, lightly poking the corner of his mouth with a finger. "Go onnnnn Smiilleeee~"

When Daeron remained unmoved she pouted, crossing her arms in a huff; "Maybe you should have some Calming Honey! Or The Happy one....hmmmm...." She tapped her lip musing to herself.

"I'm feeling pret-ty relaxed right now - but it seems everyone around me is super high strung. It's such a shame really. It's like this sort of atmosphere follows me around. It's so tiresome."

He clasped Mari's slender hand with his own and guided it away from his face. Even after the fact, his fingers remained closed around hers. Still red from holding the snow from earlier, they found warmth in her touch. It felt fitting for him. Almost poetic, in a way.

Take, take, take. It was all that he'd ever known. All that he could know.

Locke mirrored the woman's expression with a roguish smile of his own. "A wise man once compared resentment to drinking poison and expecting the other guy to die. A fitting quote, all things considered- don't you think?"

In his mind, he recalled the three poisons which had been taken that night; flashes of gold and lavender flickered in his head. The swirling of a galaxy- the starry look that had filled her eyes with doomed hope- he could remember it all.

"That said, I don't expect you forgive or forget. But I can only hope that you might come around some day, and change your mind." He held her gaze steady, finding himself curious as to which parts of the mind in which the honey held sway.

Meanwhile, Daeron's wordlessness only served to reaffirm Locke's suspicions, though to be honest- it was entirely unnecessary. He simply stood there silent and still, like some sort of runty tree.

Locke tilted his head, imploring the man to return his eye contact. "Stone cold, huh?" A hand moved to his hip. "Gonna give me the cold shoulder?"

He shook his head, then shifted himself in order to address the both of them. "How about we all just kiss and make up? Let's chip away at those bad vibes, shall we?"

Mari broke away shortly after and began speaking to Daeron, but his mind drifted back to her knowing accusation. He wondered if she happened to remember him standing there as the dragon chewed her up and spit her out like an old lump of tobacco. Of course, this in itself didn't discredit her thoughts- but it sure left them on rather shaky premises.

Worry was such an arbitrary feeling anyways.

Golden Honey: 0 posts remaining

Mari smiled sheepishly at Locke's remark. "I don't think Daeron would approve of that." She placed her hands together, furrowing her brow. "Yanno I see kids doing this three way kiss thing; and I never really get how its meant to work - I mean..how? and why?"

She paused, feeling her head thump. "Ughh.h.." She reached up to massage her temples. "My head hurts." The effects of the honey were finally wearing off - and her thoughts were no longer so clouded, no longer filled with the sweet golden glow of optimism and peace.

"The Hell Kosan.." Mari mumbled; "I should f**king murder you for that." She muttered. Her blue eyes turned to Locke - who mentioned a quote that made her recall their last encounter. "My head is hurting too much to listen to your poetic garbage." Mari muttered. "What exactly am I changing my mind on?" She asked, straightening her back. Clearly back to her usual self. "How you watched me get figuratively torn apart?"

Mari was cold, grumpy, and very unimpressed with what had transpired. 

Edit:

Mari gave a heavy sigh, "I'm done here..." She muttered under her breath. Cold blue eyes darted toward Kiru. "Another time." She muttered, before trudging away from the group, They could bicker amongst themselves, she was not amused with Kosan's antics, and lately it seemed as though the child was insistent on following her around. 

• 1 month later...