[PP-F2] Hunters (Square One)

Crozeph stood still for a few seconds, listening to the wind and rustles around him. There was a sound of people talking earlier then it faded while his left hand is still at the hilt of his katana "now where did I hear that earlier?" he asked himself. Crozeph then heard walking sound from behind him and where he's standing "there..." Crozeph turned around and face his back to see who's there and saw a person pass by. Crozeph stood still again and waited for the person to pass. Crozeph then opened his menu and begins sending a message to his guild leader hoping to tell him something that might help on finding him and finding them.

To: Azide

Subject: Danger

I see someone passing by on my location I might say the person is a girl, see something similar?

Crozeph pressed the send button and began walking slowly and warily, one wrong move could cost him his death. As he continues to walk, he lost track of the person, Crozeph looked around and scratched his head "where did that player go? more importantly, where am I?" he thought as he continues looking around to the person he saw earlier.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He flicked his eyes up at the cursor hovering silently over Ariel's head. "No offense, but unless you've taken the Repentance quest in the last few minutes, then I'm not even going to bother entertaining that little quip." She was, of course, decidedly not orange. He paused for a moment as two more messages appeared in front of him: one from Rebekah, and the other from Crozeph. From his use of the singular form, he'd gleaned that the latter must've taken off by himself- a daring, and ultimately reckless move. He tapped out terse replies to the two of them, figuring that they were likely in the most immediate danger among everyone he'd accounted for.

To: Rebekah

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: -

Maverick, likely. Careful.

To: Crozeph

Subject: Re: Danger

Blonde hair and blue eyes, maybe?

If not, stay away.

With the replies sent, he looked back to Ariel and gave a firm shake of his head. "I can't even begin to tell you how stupid that plan sounds," he said dryly. He'd already considered the possibility, but Crozeph's warning had only reinforced the worry. "There's nothing to suggest that this guy is alone. Splitting up against an enemy of unknown size and position would be a great way to get ourselves killed, if anything. Not to mention the idea of attacking another player without a second thought, or even seeing if he's a player killer- have either of you even thought this through?"

He noticed that his hands were clenched tightly and his breathing was heavier than he'd expected it to be. Maybe his words had come a little harsher than he'd intended to, but now was not the time to mince words. Regardless, he took a deep breath. It would be best to compose himself as fully as he could manage before acting.

But before he had to the chance to speak, X threw yet another wrench into his plans like it was his job. "But as long as he hasn't been spotted, I can at least take the opportunity to contact the rest of Square One..."

To: Oikawa

Subject: -

Take your group to the new coordinates I've sent you. The closer you get, the quieter you should move. At least one possible maverick spotted. Don't be rash- be on the lookout for any unfamiliar players. Planning to form three groups in a triangle around the guy we've spotted- going to narrow in on him. If any help is needed, have one of your members send a message to Square One, and one of the other two groups will send help. Be safe.

To: Crozeph, Rebekah

Subject: -

Take your group to the new coordinates I've sent you. The closer you get, the quieter you should move. At least one possible maverick spotted. Don't be rash- be on the lookout for any unfamiliar players. Planning to form three groups in a triangle around the guy we've spotted- going to narrow in on him. If any help is needed, have one of your members send a message to Square One, and one of the other two groups will send help. Be safe.

Another deep breath, and he lifted his head back up to Ariel. "Sorry if I was harsh. But we should move as slowly and silently as possible toward X- any faster and we'll only draw the attention of the player before we're meant to."

Rebekah looked at the two messages that were sent to her. She thought she had heard something nearby, and decided to stand still for a while. She knew that if there was one of them, she could easily deal with them, but she had recalled a list of list of several mavericks that were still at large to the population. Although the last time she had heard of their information was on floor 9, and nearly ran into them in the cave, but they missed each other's group by mere minutes. She wondered if it was possible if it was that group then realized, it was probably unlikely. That said, she knew she had to be careful, and decided to hold off for a few more minutes until she could make sure nobody else was in her nearby vicinity before continuing.

Sadly, she had to slightly backtrack to her coordinate as she walked in the wrong direction in the past 15 minutes. But now was the time to be cautious and not hasty.

Aeternum looked shocked. He grimaced and said slowly, "We had just gotten back, Azide and I... when somebody showed up and... and... di...die..." He stopped for a short while, continuing, "Then Azide took off to find X." He felt more tears well up as he recalled the player dieing, and looked away. That is when he noticed the message notification.

Upon opening and reading the message, he said with a trembling voice, "We must go and catch up with Azide..."

Aeternum sighed, this trip was turning out to be much different than he had thought it would be.

Wondering through the forest, Zeri was happy, yet at the same time nervous about meeting his guild mates. After a while, his stomach started to rumble, signaling that he was hungry, he sat down near a tree, opened his menu and took out a piece of bread. "Hehe, I'm glad no one heard that cause that would be really embarrassing!" He said before he ate his bread. After he finished eating his bread, he took in the sights of the forest and said in awe, "Wow! This forest is just simply amazing! But it is said that it's inhabitant by monsters and not people..."

After he said that, Zeri had got up and continue to walk down the seemingly endless forest path. Zeri didn't mind that the path seemed long, he actually enjoy it, but still couldn't find any sign of his guild mates anywhere. "Well this is bad. I still haven't found anybody yet in this forest. I really hope I do soon." the boy said as he continued down the path, not knowing of what is really going on, or what waits for him when he finally finds his teammates.

-1 bread

Ariel made a frown as her plan was immediately shut down by the two S1 members. Maybe they were used to play team but she certainly wasn't, as a aspiring front liner she could not help but put herself in front of dangers to protect others. But they seemed to not know that even if she'd made her goal clear to them..maybe more than once. With a sigh she received the critics directed her way letting only that frown show her current emotion. She then responded with a serious voice: " Either way we can't just stay here and argue like this, sorry Azide but times like this require actions not words. Come out so that we can have a little chat." she said dashing towards the way X spotted the so called 'yakuza' dude. Aparently he was close enough that X could see his tattoos, she went at a nearby clearing in the woods then shouted: " 'Konichiwa' mysterious one, how about you show yourself already. I know you're here somewhere." in her mind, Ariel apologized to the two and hoped that they would stay put and observe the enemy and the surroundings while she was 'luring' it into the open. Trusting X's word she addressed the other one in a chinese greeting she could remember from long ago. A translation bubble above her head had the words 'Hello' inside it. Her black sword was drawn but she didn't adopt any stance, she just had it in her hand, its point aiming for the ground below.

I headed threw the trees hiding myself from the person I was intercepting. When I got even closer I had a very wide smile form on my face as I knew who this guy actually was. Ariel yelled out obviously not knowing we're this guy was. However she did do something I guess. The guy stopped and turned his head when he did this I hing upside down so my face was directly behind his head.

"So what's going on in this neck of the woods?" I asked scaring the yakuza as he turned back around.

"H-hey your that kid! F-from the nerve-gear job!" The yakuza yelled at me while falling down to his ass.

"Hey how's it going David. Why look at that yellow cursor one might say it looks 'fresh' on you." I told the player while flipping to the ground.

"I don't know what your talking about..." David said while averting eye contact.

I grabbed him by his shirt collar and pinned him up against a tree.

"You know exactly what the hell I'm talking about! Which is why your going to give me every godd*mn piece of col you have!" I yelled in David's face.

"When boss hears about this your dead!" David yelled back.

"How you gonna tell him dumbass?" I said dropping my eyelids to the center of my eyes.

"Damnit!" David yelled out.

The large beast's roar could be heard in the distance so me and David turn and look in that direction.

"So what's it gonna be times running out?" I told the player I had by the shirt.

As Ariel went dashing off, Azide planted a palm to his face and gave a long and heavy sigh. "Ugh..." he managed. "This isn't some sort of joke. We have no idea how many of them there are- and even if we did, we would have no idea of their position. It's absolutely moronic to rush in headfirst when a more cautious approach could all but assure us a numerical advantage *and* information."

Silently, he promised himself to himself that if any deaths were to come about as a result of their carelessness, that he would wash his hands of any residual guilt. But life was never that easy, and he doubted that he could be so callous as to distance himself from such a tragic outcome. As the trip's organizer, he owed it to everyone to ensure that they'd all make it out of these woods alive- whether they abided by his instructions or not.

Whether it was optimal or not, both X and had already revealed their positions- it would be reckless to leave them to fend for themselves. He closed his eyes and ran through a few contingencies and scenarios in his mind. Moments later, they flicked back open and he darted from his spot in the brush.

"He's somewhat docile for an orange player, don't you think?" he asked, coming to a stop beside X. He narrowed his eyes. "Are you sure this is the right guy?"

As Aeternum relayed his tale, Oikawa felt like this was a shortened story although in his current state, maybe this is all Aeternum could muster. Taking a deep breath Oikawa swiped the air and brought up a new message. Typing his thought, he rapidly pressed send before returning his gaze to the players before him. "Alright guys, here's what we're gonna do. I just sent a message that is directed to any member with in a 300 ft radius. They are to meet us at this location. I will wait approximately 15 minutes as that should be plenty of time to arrive here. Otherwise their priority is too buddy up as soon as possible using the friendship tracker and meet at Azide's last sent location. Any questions?"

To: Square One, Ariel

Subject: Squad Up

All right, anyone one with in a 300 foot radius of my location, (enters coordinates), please meet my group and I here in the next 15 minutes. If you are not within this radius, please use your friend tracker to spot any close by members of the guild and partner up.  Our end goal is to rendezvous and squad up at Azide's location (enters his last known coordinates). If there are any questions, contact me, Azide, or X.

-Oikawa 

Oikawa eyed the group. Seeing no immediate questions, he turned and sat on a stump near the middle of the clearing. Alright guys you have 15 minutes to group with us, otherwise best of luck in reaching Azide. After we all rendezvous, we'll continue from there. The clock is ticking... 

Crozeph kept on listening around him, maybe another is nearby and is also waiting for their prey "checkmates don't work on me" he told himself smiling, talking to himself again. Crozeph's footsteps was almost muffled, as if he's walking bare feet. Unwanted attentions is what he wanted and this thick forest in the dark of the night has lots of unwanted creatures and players willing to give a damn on who he is but not for his life. Crozeph then stopped. He saw the player again who stood for a few seconds then turned around. Crozeph quickly but cautiously moved back to hide on a nearby tree and he could feel that the person is slowly approaching his way "wary also huh?" he thought. Crozeph tried reaching for his sword but hesitated, one wrong reach could make a sound and alert the player "I guess I just have to take this one..." Crozeph heard the footstep right in front of him "...down!" dashed forward and quickly grabbed the player's right arm "I'm sorry, nothing personal" he said. Crozeph kicked the knee of the player and used his back to make the player spin in the air and make the player land on the ground back first. Unsheathing his sword, He let the sharp edge of his sword touch the neck of the player. Blonde hair and blue eyes and unexpectedly a girl "who are you?" he said, his right knee pinning down the left arm of the girl "why are you here?" he told her. 

Crozeph then remembered something Azide told him "blonde hair and blue eyes?" he thought but Crozeph just couldn't take chances right now especially when Azide is all be-careful-no-goes-alone at them.

(ooc: Crozeph and Rebekah still hasn't met in-character, sorry)

Raeyliff was now confused. After hearing Aeternum's story, Raeyliff looked at everyone and focused on Oikawa, as he started to explain how stuff will go on, and stood up. Buddy up, Oikawa had said. Buddy up with who? There were only a few people around here that Raeyliff actually knew, and he didn't know if they would go with him or if they had someone else to go with. But it didn't matter, he'd wait until someone needed a partner and then he'd walk with them. As he stretched a bit and prepared to take a walk around until 15 minutes have passed, but he had something on his mind that he needed to ask. He walked over to Oikawa, where he was sitting on the tree stump, and said "Hey, um, what exactly did Azide go after here?". So far, the only thing he knew was that Azide and Aeternum were taking a walk and a player showed up and died, or something like that. The plan to go over to Azide's last location seemed like a good idea, and the sooner they reached Azide, the better, since then Raeyliff would truly understand what's going on here, and what exactly are they going after.

Ariel saw that nobody responded to her taunt and went towards X signaled earlier. There she found him apparently threatening, even mugging, the PKer and with a chuckle she joined them. "And you were worried that there were more of them, seriously Azide sometime you have to listen to your instincts from time to time." she turns towards X and asks: "So what's the deal with him?" she then heard the roar as well from afar and sights. "This trip is getting more interesting by the minute!" she affirmed with a smile. Deep inside she wanted to check what that was but instead she got a message from Oikawa, while listening to the others she tipped a reply message:

To: Oikawa

Subject: RE: Squad Up

Hey, we found a PKer here, X's is roughing(mugging..lol) him up a bit. Something about the Yakuza..don't ask, because I don't know either. PM you when we have more info. Also after you guys squad up DON'T head towards where that roar just came from. It looks like trouble.

After traveling a little farther down the path, Zeri had gotten a message from someone named Oikawa with some coordinates. After looking at the map, he realized that it wasn't that much farther than he was at now. So he continued to walk down the forest path while keeping a look out for any mobs that may jump out form the woods. After a while he found what at seemed to be a campsite with some players. Zeri checked his map and found out that this was the place, but he couldn't make out any people that he knew. So as quietly as he could, Zeri sneaked into the woods near the group so that he could figure out who they were.

Ariel asked what's up with David so I thought id tell a bit of my story.

"I wasn't exactly what you'd call a law-abiding citizen... And I wasn't exactly a big time gang-banger or anything like that. However I knew how to get sh*t done. Then one day I met David here a die hard yakuza straight from Japan. I was used to ripping off gangbangers and earning a bit of cash. When the yakuza however wanted me to help them with something they paid me so much I didn't need too... And what was that job for David?" I asked the player I had by the collar.

"T-to hijack a U.S. Shipment of nerve gears." David grunted.

"Right and were did that place me and you?" I asked David.

"In this game!" David shouted in my face.

"You see we kept one nervegear each as a present from Oji-San. Say what you want about the yakuza but if you get on there good side they take care of you pretty well." I said while keeping David up against the tree.

So now all that's left is for David to give me his damn col so we can get out of here. I wonder if the others are still panicking back at the camp. Just then I heard a beast roar again this time a lot closer.

"Tick-tock David what's it gonna be?" I asked the new player killer struggling in my grasp.

Azide took a step closer toward X's associate-turned-captive. He leaned forward and glared at the man with a look cold enough to burn. What sort of man had he been expecting, exactly? The man who cowered before them- this man had killed, and his cursor was orange.

Perhaps he'd simply expected something more. It'd be no stretch to say that he'd imagined the culprit as more monster than man. It was easier to hate them that way, so of course he had. The life of that boy, dressed in white in blue... his life had been brought to an end, and the one who'd done it stood within arm's reach. Easily within the reach of his blade, should he draw it.

The man had stained his hands with orange blood, and taken from that boy the pulse in his blood- the beating of his heart; it all ceased to exist because of his callousness. And all X could think about was money?

His hands clenched tightly, so that his knuckles began to turn white, but otherwise he gave the outward appearance of being calm. Other than the searing look that flickered in his eyes like quiet flames.

This man was a killer, but not one to be feared. He was pathetic. No better than the rest of the trash that no doubt littered the streets of whatever slum he'd crawled out of. He hated him- not just because of what he was, but because of what he wasn't.

This man inspired loathing and pity, but he was not the monster Azide had needed him to be. He could not kill this despicable wretch.

Hearing their story Ariel let out a sigh and put a hand on X's shoulder saying: "Don't worry about it too much, I didn't take you as one. And this new details won't make me look at you from a higher spot, trust me!" then she turned towards the man in question, putting a terrible grin on her face:

"So Dave... that Pker mark of yours doesn't help you too much in this situation..how about you tell us why you are here in the first place? What was your objective?" she asked in a half serious tone.

She would see Azide tense up by their side...something happened while she was away but she didn't knew what..and didn't bother to ask in that tense situation. But Azide was definitely acting weird, she decided to face him and ask: "Hey buddy, I didn't ask before because we we're in a rush..but what happened in camp? You seemed .....different from usual." she could then see that his eyes were serious..more serious than normal, almost emitting killing intent towards 'Dave'.

[13884] LD: 15 (If I roll higher than an 11 I notice Zeri on the outskirts of the camp.)

A couple minutes had passed but no new people showed up. Oikawa was beginning to worry about the other guildmates that haven't responded at all today. I wonder where Sozen ran off to? Right now there's me, Xanatos, Raeyliff, Aeternum and...

*rustle rustle*

His thoughts were pushed aside as he focused on the noise that loomed just outside the camp boundaries. Oikawa quickly drew his rapier and approached the forestry only to discover it was a guild mate and a new one at that. "You ought to be a little more silent if you want to sneak and hide. The name's Oikawa. I'm on of the Council Members and Founders of Square One nice to meet you... Zeri .. right?" 

Oikawa stuck out a hand looking to shake hands with the recently found player. "Alright guys we'll just five more minutes. After that we are moving on." Oikawa returned to his stump and waited for any last members to show up. Suddenly a message notification appeared on his HUD. A message from Ariel   ? He opened it and scanned the words. "Update guys. Azide, X, and Ariel have caught up to and are now encountering a PKer from the Yakuza if I read correctly. Also we've been warned not follow a roar if we hear one. She said it sounds like trouble."

(OOC: If you really want to get technical, I have only known Ariel, Azide, & Oikawa)

Rebekah was walking, and the next thing she knew was that another player had his weapon pointing towards her throat, and her left arm being kneed. She took a quick look, and saw that it was a player with a green curser, as he does not seem like a player killer to her, but she decided not to risk it. Luckily for her, her legs were free, and she knew the one place where she could kick him with all her force. Just as he was talking, her legs moved swiftly, and kicked the player in the lower ribs, right in the stomach. The groin area was also a possible target for her, but that was too obivious of a place to hit, and the way her arm was tied down, she knew that it would be impossible to hit.

That slightly moment when he gave up pressure of his knee on her left arm, she disengage quickly and effectively to get a short distance out of arms length, as Rebekah drew out her rapier. She knew that she was going to teach this player a lesson for attacking an innoncent girl in the woods. She pointed it towards the guy, and waited for his response, before saying, "that's none of your buisness" she mocked at him, and watch out for yourself first. She knew to be careful, for as long as she knew, he might not be the maverick, but possibly one of his pawns to draw out other yellow players nearby, and in that case, she better finish dealing with him first.

Crozeph was still processing some information inside his head when the girl found a way to break free from his attack. Crozeph fell on his back but quickly stood up and the next thing he saw was the girl and her rapier, looks like she didn't take it the way he wanted to. Crozeph stood up and dusted off his knees and his shoulders, even if things are quite dangerous now, he still need to at least hold back and not act like a slasher in the woods "well my guildmates are in danger and seeing someone passing by alone draws suspicions" he told her. Crozeph reached for the hilt of his katana on his back, just in case she decides to clear things up by fighting "like I said earlier your answer will determine what will happen next..." Crozeph unsheathe his katana, its blood-red sharp edge glimmers as a hint of moonlight hits it "who are you and why are you here?" he told her while pointing his sword down.

(ooc: sorry for the short post, not feeling well lately)

She laughed at his reply. "Are you really in a position to ask questions?" Rebekah knew that she does not take any attitude from anyone, maybe it's time to teach him a lesson, when what happens when you mess with another player. She had been around long enough to know the small list of players that were stronger than her, and everyone else was a bit weaker. The original reason on why she was here did not matter anymore, perhaps she should deal with him first to prevent random guys from taking advantage of girls who so happen to be walking around.

She thought about what would had happen if say a level 3-5 girl walked by and gotten tackled, that was just unacceptable. Sadly, there were outside of city limits, so the anti-crime would not take in effect, but someone had to do the work. She took a deep breath, then repositioned her rapier from just pointing at him into a more aggressive position, before waiting for his response.