[This takes place after Mari's Rampage, and Daeron will have sprinted off after the ending of the thread, which will happen in the other thread. Anyone is free to join, just keep in mind of the leading events that led up to this. Also, be careful as Daeron may not be okay emotionally, but still, he will NOT attack anyone unless in defense.]

Daeron ran. His emotions were going everywhere right now, and he hadn't a clue as to what to do anymore. He ran without knowing where he was going. He saw trees pass him at quick speeds, but he didn't know what he was aiming for. Daeron had been broken, as he had just witnessed Mari moments ago, go on a rampage. He loved her, but she refused to see that he truly meant it. She stabbed him because of her desire to kill, and still he was there for her.

He finally came to a stop after having run a journey through the woods, with no target in sight. His fist connected with a tree, where there was now a thick indent in the tree's bark. He didn't feel the impact because of his heavy armor. He was angry, upset, and fearful right now. He broke down on the ground. A tear having rolled down the side of his face, trailing behind a moist surface on his skin.

His orange eyes, if someone saw right now, looked almost weak and showed no sense of confidence in them. How could he dare to show himself around, if he could barely protect people because he cared about not hurting someone too much. Because he let his heart take over his mind, he couldn't do much to stop her and it nearly cost another life of an innocent player whom was trapped in this world with them.

Then for that son of a b**ch, Kosan, always coming to make the bad- worse. His breathing was heavy from the run and now he was trying to control his rage inside. Daeron swore an oath that he'd never hurt another person again and that he'd never go back to his murderous life. If he did, he would never forgive himself. However, since the past hour or so, Daeron has felt nothing but the urge to harm someone, something. So he punched the tree yet again, deepening the dent in the bark, only to leave a larger dent and his armor slightly stained brown from the bark scraping against the gold-plated metal.

His blonde hair was up, but he didn't bother fixing the little bit that was in front of his eyes. He was kneeled over, and his head was between his lap now, and he was simply sitting there, he didn't know how to feel and he didn't really care truth be told. He just wanted to be alone, but knowing everyone, that wouldn't happen, just like always.

Oske was exhausted. This whole ideal with Mari left her... bitter. Angry. But her anger quickly subsided when she saw someone she cared about--Daeron, a friend of hers--crying. Her heart felt like it had snapped in two to see him so sad. She slowly approached the player. "D-Daeron? Are you okay?" she asked cautiously. She slowly knelt down beside him, extending her hand to him and gently placing it on his shoulder. "Who am I kidding? Of course you're not okay. Stupid Oske... Listen, she didn't it. Everything is okay now, right?"

She smiled softly at him, trying to cheer him up... but the truth was, she had tears in her eyes, too. 

She knew Daeron. That had once been in love, and now they weren't. But she still cared immensely about him.

I walked through the forest, my shoulder still stinging in pain from Mari's harsh blow. She didn't even listen...she was wild, uncontrolled. She was as powerful as any player in that situation yet she had no control over her emotion. I guess it just goes to show that everyone has demons. And Mari's demons showed their face today. I walked further and further, searching for that spot Baldur showed me and some other players a few weeks ago. After rounding a bend I saw two others from the incident. The armored Daeron, and a young woman named Oske. She stood between Mari and I. I walked towards them from around the bend. "You know, my dearest friend once told me that the night is darkest before the dawn...I'm sorry Daeron...you may not know me, but seldom is sorrow not shareable among those who have endured the chaos of this world so far...She will see to reason...she will at some point be redeemed..."

"I swear there's nothing around here anymore. How in the world am I going to fill these orders?"

Calrex was in a nearby bush trying to gather materials, like it appeared most of his days were going. He brushed some leaves out of his blue hair as he gave a disappointed sigh, "Well, nothing here either. There's gotta be so..."

BAM!

As if to interrupt his train of thought all of a sudden he heard the sound of metal hitting bark as the trees shook. His senses immediately went on alert as he reached for the sword on the back of his hip, "What hit a tree just now?"

BAM!

The sound happened again, assuring Calrex that it wasn't some kind of coincidence. He emerged from the brush about ten paces from where the sound had originated, brushing off the leaves that had gotten stuck to him on his exit.

"I'd best be careful. It could be a large monster or a player killer...wait this area looks familiar."

As he gave a quick glance around the area the memory triggered in his mind. This was where he had encountered Xanathos, Syo, Baldur, Reuriasuir, and Kosan during the night. Although it was a short encounter it was interesting to see the new faces. However, as he looked in the direction of the noise he saw a completely different scene from before.

He recognized all of the players standing underneath the tree. There was Xanathos, Daeron, whom he had met on the second floor, and Oske, whom he had met briefly on the sixth floor when he had reunited with Celes. But, their moods seemed different. They were sad, defeated, and...injured?!

He immediately rushed over, skidding to a stop as he quickly looked at the three of them. Daeron appeared to be more frustrated than injured, although it did appear to be that he had been stabbed in the chest. Xanathos had been struck in the shoulder.

He quickly released his sword as he tried to assess the situation.

"Well...I can't really go in looking happy and calm, especially if they were easily readable from a mile away. I guess concern would be the best reaction to go with..."

He immediately went over to Xanathos, although his words addressed the group, "Hey guys...I'll spare the introductions, are you all alright? What happened?"

Mari felt dizzy; she wasn't even sure what floor she was on; the second? first? Possibly the third...? 

She knew what she had done previously. it was only hours ago however her mind was hazy, and it felt as though it was over a week ago. She had snapped; she had killed again. Something she had never intended to do. Mari had planned to scare Aubrey. To make her shut up and go away. The way that the now deceased girl look at her. With those eyes..."Tch." 

Mari furrowed her brow. She hated those eyes. The way everyone had looked at her; today was no different. Although she had no one to blame but herself. Mari harboured a bitter resentment to the world around her, but she never actually intended to snap like that.  The pink haired player kicked at a loose stone as she struggled to walk. Her body was heavy, and groggy. Her wounds ached; despite her health long since regenerating. 

Mari found a quiet, secluded place in the forest; she rested her back against a tree before sliding down it. She had really messed with Daeron today. Mari felt a tad guilty. The way he had run off, it was unlike him. Still she couldn't blame him. She couldn't blame anyone. "Guess its just you and me Mari." She said to herself as she bought her knee up; resting her head against the tree and closing her eyes.

At least now...it was quiet...

"That ain't so bad."

"Well well, didn't think I'd see you here of all places," said Locke. He carelessly tossed the herbs he'd been holding over his shoulder and stepped forward. Remnants of a stronger wind that lingered sent his midnight locks aflutter, and his head turned briefly to the side as the tousled leaves and stems swept right by him in the breeze. They danced about, painting the unseen current of air green- if only but for a moment.

It'd ruffled his hair, and likely left behind whatever riff raff it'd been carrying, but he felt content to let it be. People were always messing with their hair in this game, as if brushing a few stray strands would make some substantial difference in their appearance. It didn't, of course. But while something as simple as a hood could hide their hair, nothing could hide their hearts; not from him, at least.

"You seem upset," he said, fully aware that he was stating the obvious. "But that aside, punching trees is a rather low blow. They can't hit back you know." He crossed his arms tightly across his chest and gave a slow shake of his head. "Seriously, it's like beating a child. No. Fair. At. All." The words left his lips deliberately, as if at their own pace. He was in no hurry, and it showed.

His head swiveled from right to left as he absorbed the scene, and engraved it into his mind. There was a certain amount of sorrow and pain here- and perhaps a sprinkle of shock and grief. A surprisingly tense vibe for a forest- people usually hung out in these places for 'recreational purposes', but he got the feeling that it was probably different in this game.

(10 Points to someone who understands my reference I added in this post :D)

Just as suspected, people surrounded him in mere seconds. Why couldn't he just get a break. He stood up after Oske put a hand on his shoulder to comfort him, but really it was discomforting. He stood looking at the tree and once again punched it with a heavy force, this time causing bark to split apart and shatter. His motives to do good right now were drained, and if truth be told right now, he didn't care what anyone said. The Mari everyone saw today wasn't the real her. Simply that potion took over her actions and it even if, things would be different if he hadn't been the leading cause of Alkor's death.

"It's all my fault." he said quietly enough for people to hear him, but so others don't hear it much. "I care for her so f**king much, and all she does is twist my emotions to her benefit. If it were for me to say, she was using me like a tool. Things wouldn't be like this if I had just saved Alkor. She would be happy, and then nobody would have died recently." he let another tear run down his face, but quickly wiped away the trail of moisture it left behind on his cheek.

"If I could go back in time, I'd save him and let myself die. This way I knew I wouldn't be used like this. Perhaps it's because I'm a hopeless romantic." he said again to himself, knowing others can listen to what he's saying. He let out a sad sigh only to punch the tree again, but not with a brutish force this time. This time he wiped away any tears that were even beginning to form and instead he turned around. He looked at Oske, and he wasn't sure how she'd feel about this. "Oske, I want you to kill me. I'm tired of living like this." he said to her, handing her his weapon. He then also handed her something else... a ring. "Also, give this to her. Tell her it's from me." he said.

"I hate feeling like this. I'm tired of trying to fight this. And the more I hide I realize, I'm slowly losing her." he said aloud. A single tear ran down his cheek once more, but this time, he looked at her with a depressed expression. He unequipped his armor and sent it into his inventory. The blonde figure now without the golden clad armor that he was so well known for was standing there requesting a death sentence. "Please do this for me, Oske. Do it for me as a friend." he begged her with all his emotion. He began to think of moments he had in Aincrad with people. The joy some others brought him, the memories he shared with certain others. Perhaps it was time to end this. This is the only way Daeron could escape this.

I stood in utter disbelief at Daerons words. He would willingly kill himself because of his guilt. I move towards Oske. "Are you going to do it Oske? Are you going to help your friend commit the greatest act of cowardice? Damnit Daeron you're just gonna give it all up? Out of some delusion of retribution for your acts? You are worth something. Mari is worth something. If you truly loved her you wouldn't submit her to the guilt of knowing that her drug influenced words led you to end it all! You're one of the strongest, yet you would give it all up so easily? Oske, don't let him give up!"

"...What transpired between these three to have it come to this point..."

As the scene began to unfold in front of Calrex he put his hands in his jacket pockets, keeping a stoic expression as his mind took in the words being flung back and forth, observing each movement, trying to form some kind of sentence to respond to the situation. He took note of the new arrival, turning and taking a few steps back to give the trio some space, "Hi there...."

His sentence broke when he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. Someone was moving through the forest nearby.

"Might be a player killer roaming the woods. Should probably be careful just in case."

He gave a calming breath as he looked over at the newcomer, "Hey, sorry to ask you this since we first met, but could you keep an eye on them. The situations looks to be unraveling. If you can please try and keep them from doing anything rash...and my name's Calrex, nice to meet you."

With that he looked back over to the three depressed player, his acquaintances, giving them a nod, "Xanathos contact me if you need any help. I'll be nearby. I'm going to check something out."

With that he made his way through the bushes, emerging on the other side, brushing off any leaves that had gotten stuck to him once again. He kept his hand on his sword as he continued walking over. As his eyes adjusted he released his grip as he recognized the player in front of him.

It was Mari, one of the players that he had delivered materials to in the past. She seemed to be resting, although it appeared she had been through something draining as well.

"Did something happen to the four of them? What is going on?"

He put on a moderately friendly face as he gave a wave, "Hey Mari, everything alright?"

Oske's heart thudded in her chest, and once again... she felt unable to breathe. A ring was placed in her hand... and a weapon. Her hands started to shake, and she wanted to drop that weapon, but for some reason... she couldn't. She knew the request well. She had asked someone to do the same--in the real world. Yet, now that love was here, and he loved her even more than ever. Niku... 

Daeron asked her to kill him. 

"I-I-I..." Oske stuttered. Tears welled in her eyes. "I can't. I don't want to be a PKer, and if I attack you first... I... I can't let you die, you... we used to be in love, Daeron. And even if it's not romantic anymore the love is still there... I can't watch you die, not from my hands...!" 

After the things with Mari ended Ariel saw a golden flash, for the second time. Now it was running away from all of them into a random direction. Her bloodlust calmed a bit, not entirely but she was now able to subdue it with her will. She dashed after the golden armored guy and was amazed by his speed. 'How can he run this fast in that heavy armor?' she thought while leaping from tree to tree in pursuit like a a predator, scaring the birds in her way. She saw the guy stop at a nearby tree and release his rage on it. 'Maybe I should lay low for a moment' she thought while watching the blond vent his anger.

She wasn't exactly sure why she followed him..maybe because he was the only one that actually did something to stop Mari's 'altered' state, by embracing her a couple of times. Not like the rest of them that simply threw words at her and showed their weapons. Ariel tried to put a stop to it by remembering them their ultimate common goal... but everybody ignored her words and choose to fight. Herself included, but she didn't feel ashamed One of her allies was wounded in the process, her warrior spirit couldn't let that simply pass by with words. 

While she was 'observing' the blond, Ariel noticed a crowd forming around him. 'This guys can't take a hint can they?' she thought then launched herself from the tree and gracefully landed near Oske, putting her left hand gently on her shoulder she says in a calm voice: "It's enough, there is no need to spill more blood over this." and with that she took the weapon from her hand as gently as she could and if Oske would let her, the blond girl would throw it away from them.

Next she would close the hand with the ring and stroke Oske's hair. "You did good, there is no need to be brave anymore let it all out. I don't know what's the relation between you two but you did more than enough by standing up for Xanatos back then." she said in a mother-like tone. She didn't knew this girl too well but she stood up to defend a player and that was enough for Ariel to trust Oske. After Oske would calm down Ariel would direct her attention towards the now unarmored blond guy.

"You wish to die but are coward enough to ask somebody else do it for you???" she asked in a severe tone, seeing the blood on his chest she sensed her will slowly failing to resist the urge. She shook her head to clear those thoughts then continued. "You called yourself a man? It's no wonder Mari does whatever she wants with you, using your emotions against you! At first I thought that you were just blowing up steam by punching that tree but now I see it's self pity, you didn't strike me as that kind of guy when you acted to restrain Mari..twice!" her eyes were now starting to show the result of her inner struggle, as the slowly forming sadistic smile on her face.  At this point Ariel only saw Daeron, Oske and maybe Xanatos, the rest were more like 'white noise' to her.

Daeron let out a sigh because she was right. How could he just end himself after he just went against someone he truly cared for. Instead, Daeron too his weapon into his hand again. However, rather than putting it into his inventory, Daeron let out a grunt and part of his health was now gone. He gave Oske a look and then looked down at his stomach.

Both of his hands were holding the handle of his weapon and blade was now impaled through his stomach. Red data flowed from it and he then twisted his weapon further into himself draining slightly more health. At this point he didn't care who called him a coward. Nobody understood how he felt right now. Nobody was manipulated so easily but him, how could live with that.

Another tear streamed down the side of his face as his orange eyes were no longer fierce like usual. No. Instead, they were filled with dread and remorse due to the days' actions. Today had taken a toll on him physically and mentally.

Mari opened a single eye to glance up at Calrex. She knew him to be the one who collected her materials. "You're late with your shipment." She said simply. "I'm docking your pay." 

He asked if everything was alright, Mari shrugged. "Why wouldn't it be?" She asked in return. A question with a question. Mari wasn't exactly in the mood for entertaining casual conversation. She closed her eyes. Readjusting herself against the tree. "If you aren't here to drop off my materials then piss off." Mari said in an agitated tone, giving Calrex a non-nonchalant wave of her hand.  She ws not in the mood to deal with him. 

"Hm...well that was a fairly curt response...although I think she's forgotten that this order is on me. In any case I'd best not try to pry. If she's not interested in opening up I'm not going to bother her."

Calrex gave a small sigh to himself as Mari gave a wave to tell him to leave, putting on an understanding persona as he nodded, "Fair enough. I'll try to speed up the process. Sorry for bothering you. If you need to get in contact you know how to get a hold of me." He put a hand behind his head apologetically before returning both to his pockets, heading back into the bushes.

As he made his way back out he looked back over at the other group gathering, his eyes widening at what was transpiring in front of him. Now Daeron appeared to be committing seppuku. He quickly made his way over, looking over at the group.

"I really can't get a grip on what's happening right now. Is Mari's current disposition connected to what's happening in front of me?"

He gave a quick look back towards Mari's location, then over towards the group. He was about equidistant from the both of them, and seemed to be just within earshot that he could listen in on both.

"Maybe this time it might be better for me to observe and gather information before I go sticking myself into the situation..."

He crossed his arms as he leaned against a nearby tree, closing his eyes partially in order to amplify his hearing.

"You Idiot! Why would you even do such a stupid A$$ thing like that!" I yelled at Daeron. I rushed over to him. "You would kill yourself right in here in front of someone who claims to love you? Even I know that's cold. You know what, you don't deserve friends like Oske, who is wiling to put her life on the line for a complete stranger, if you are willing to break their hearts for your own comfort. I guess in the end you would never have deserved anyone. You're too weak...selfish...you're right you cant protect anyone like this...I'm done trying to protect those who have no desire to be saved. I learned on the streets that a man has to have a will to live to be worth a damn. I barely even know you and I watched you go from hero to zero in an hour. You gave up. You took the words of a woman on potions to heart and are now stabbing yourself in the stomach. You tell me Daeron...you going to prove me wrong and punch me in the face instead of that tree? or are you gonna let that health bar drop to 0 and break Oske's heart?

Daeron heard yelling at him, but he chose to ignore it. Instead he chose to remain silent. He watched as his health bar depleted further only to see it now hit the yellow zone already. He looked up at Oaks, and mouthed apologetic words to her. Another tear rolled down his cheek, not bothering to wipe it away.

Daeron was tired of being used. Had she just asked him rather than manipulating him perhaps things may be different. He was hurt emotionally. He opened his menu and sent a message to Mari.

"I'm sorry. By the time you read this, there is a good chance I will be dead. I just wanted to let you know that I truly do love you. I don't care if you believe me or not. You might think I'm being over dramatic right now. I just wanted to say goodbye." Stated the message. In seconds he sent it off.

Daeron: 40/80

Just as she thought she finally had some peace - she received a message. It was a somewhat alarming one from Daeron. Mari's eye breezed over it a few times. It was pretty similar to the message she once sent Alkor. Mari sighed. She knew he was in a bad place; but she didn't realize just how bad. "F**king idiot." She muttered; bringing up her map to see where his player icon was. Turns out; it was just through the next thicket. 

Mari didn't bother sending him a message back. She stood; and headed over to where his player Icon was. As Mari pushed through the trees she heard numerous people talking. "Great, a f**king entourage." She muttered. 

Mari ignored the others, going as far as to shove Ariel out of the way. The blonde haired woman pissed Mari off. "you look pathetic." Mari said as she approached Daeron, she placed a single finger below his cheek, lifting his head to meet her gaze. "One person gets all up in your head and you go and do this?" 

Mari gripped the sword with her free hand, twisting it further into him. "THIS? Is what you want?" Mari leaned in, "I should give you exactly what you want." She whispered, giving the blade another twist. "Lucky for you, I know this isn't what you want." She muttered, stepping away from Daeron, and in turn pulling his blade out. Mari didn't say anything else, she didn't address anyone else.

She simply turned to walk away; Daeron's sword still in her grasp. She'd drop it further ahead in the forest.

"Daeron...!" Oske shouted as her dear friend stabbed himself in the gut. She fell to her knees, feeling frozen and unable to stop him. She didn't want to take away what he really wanted, but this wasn't what she wanted. "Please, don't go!"

Then Mari showed up. 

Hatred filled Oske's eyes, but she only looked up and ignored the woman. When she twisted the knife deeper into Daeron, Oske shouted again. "DON'T!!" But then she pulled it out. Tears ran down Oske's face, and she grabbed Daeron in a hug. "Don't leave us..." she sobbed. "There's people who love you... even if it's not that many, you can't leave those that do."

As the scene unfolded in front of him Calrex kept his eyes closed as he listened in on the conversation. Even with the strong emotions and tension that his ears were picking up, he appeared to be unfazed by what he was hearing. Although from what he could gather it seems like the stresses of being in this game had finally gotten to Daeron to the the point that he felt he was done with it all,wishing to off himself. In the meantime Oske and Xanatos were trying to talk him out of it...and apparently Oske is...or was Daeron's companion. He gave a small sigh as he kept his arms crossed against the tree.

That was when he noticed something happen on the other side, where Mari was sitting. She had gotten up and began moving through the bushes behind him, emerging over where the group was. He could hear the crunching of something...but then all of a sudden there was the sound of a blade exiting a target, the similar sound he had heard many times over in combat, although slower and more profound than before.

Since there was no reason to remain in between two groups that no longer existed he opened his eyes, looking over, seeing that Mari had actually removed the blade from Daeron's stomach, sparing him from his suicide attempt. As she began to walk off Calrex stood on the "social perimeter" of the group, leaning against the tree, his arms crossed as he calmly kept an eye on Mari walking off with Daeron's sword in hand. While he did occasionally glance over at the group, at this point it seemed like he had become invisible to the others. It was simply like he wasn't there. He gave a small laugh at the thought before returning to his serious persona.

"It looks like Oske and Xanatos will be able to keep an eye on Daeron for now. Ariel...seems to be of no assistance at this point. As for the new player, it seems like he's become invisible to the other as well."

Calrex gave another sigh, the social invisibility he had reminding him of the fact no matter how strong he had become, there was nothing he could yet accomplish.

"Then all I can do at this point is see what Mari's planning to do with that sword. Possibly leave it somewhere so that Daeron won't go and immediately try to kill himself again, or maybe keep it for herself?"

With his <<Night Vision>> it was easy to keep track of Mari through the trees, even if he wasn't moving from his spot. Even if it was an insignificant act, it was the best that he could do.

She could almost hear the last mental barriers she didn't knew she had shattering slowly entering a state of euphoria the next second she saw Daeron stab himself. 'Is this what I'm fighting for???' she asked herself 'People that only care about their petty affairs and are willing to die for them? Is this really what I am risking my life for?'. These questions started squirming in her mind as she started to chuckle..her eyes fixed on the new wound Daeron made to himself. She could hear a faint low voice at the beginning, whispering from a dark corner of her mind 'Yes, that's right...for people like that..people who care only for themselves. If powerful players like him don't protect the weak..why should you?' it asked, slowly gaining intensity. The blond's vision would turn red, as the blood that tinted Daeron's clothes. Her creepy smile turning into a evil grin, she was now baring her fangs(teeth) like a actual lion in front of a wounded gazelle.  'Do IT!' it said on a demanding tone. 'End his pitiful existence and spare him of this misery!! Just one well placed hit, nobody would expect it..nobody will blame you….nobody will stop you...DOOOO IIIIIT!!!!' ' it shouted out of the sudden, it's voice echoing in her head. And the blond, as if falling under its spell, slowly extended her hand towards the black bladed rapier at her waist. 

Out of the blue, a wild Mari appeared.. running with the same inhuman speed she displayed before, when she tried to strike Ariel. Once again she couldn't keep with her movements and got shoved to the ground. Ariel could hear Mari talk but couldn't understand the words...she felt like a bulldozer hit her and shook her head to clear her thoughts. The shove apparently helped since the voice in her head disappeared the next instant, now she was laying there while watching Mari take Daeron's blade and walk away..apparently she too had regained her senses.