[OP-F1] Gone, Gone, Gone (4/6)

((This thread will most likely not contain combat, and only be plot based. Please keep that in mind before you join. This thread is not PKer accessable.))

Oske was broken. Her friend Daeron has disappeared, Celes was nowhere to be found, Tyger had vanished, even Ranpu and Posuto… She felt so alone. Even though she still had Pepper, the little girl was busy running her own shop. Oske’s depression had gotten bad, so she too had disappeared.

Oske had hidden in her shop for what seemed to be forever. The loneliness and fear of being more alone kept her in place. Did anyone bother to stay anymore? It seemed the only people who stayed in this horrible game, fighting for their lives, were murderers. People like Mari.

The pink haired woman reminded Oske of herself. And she hated that. She hated everything about Mari—the bloodlust, the pain hidden in her chest—it was all too familiar to her. It was something she had buried down under layers of false joy, and now… seeing Mari living the way Oske used to live made her want to puke.

Oske stepped out of the teleportation portal. Floor One looked nice today. The city wasn’t full of much anything, except… well, players starting to finally figure things out, and NPCs. She didn’t want to fight, so she planned on staying inside the city. She didn’t care if a PKer wanted to talk. She didn’t want to talk to them. She didn’t want to be attacked.

Sitting down on a step beside a shop cart, her eyes filled with tears. This was the place where she had met her friends again. This was where she took her first quests. When she met someone she nearly forgot about—Rage. Her dislike toward him was strong, but they still had something. She lost everything, and even if they didn’t die, she couldn’t make them come back.

“I’m pathetic,†she sighed, wiping her tears away. “I’m truly a sorry sight. Get over yourself, Oske. There’s no one that cares. You can be a solo player again. You don’t need anyone.â€

"Come on boy!" I said to my pup as I left the cafe with my guitar strapped upside down to my back.

I walked out of the dark cafe into the blinding sunlight with my familiar, maruchan following along panting. My performance there today was more or less the start of a comeback tour as I had been gone for a while working in my shop and writing new material. It's funny the way cafe owners and restaurant owners always offer to pay me. It's not exactly like what I do is hard or straining. If anything it's probably the easiest proffesion there is.

"Whoof whoof!" Maruchan barked loudly to grasp my attention.

As I looked where he was I saw a girl looking pretty sad sitting on a step next to a shopping cart. I instantly turned around and walked the other way as last time something like this almost killed me. However maruchan ran in front of me and barked as if convincing me to turn around and go talk to her.

"H-hey there, S-something gotcha down?... Miss?" I awkwardly said as I took a few steps closer to the girl and sat down next to her.

Maruchan then hopped up on the girls lap and let out a few high pitched barks begging for attention.

Ssendom teleported in from the Fourth floor, he finished brushing the snow off his shoulders then shuddered. "Man I'll never get used to how cold it is on the fourth floor, sends so many chills down my spine it's not even funny. I'd much rather spend my time on the Fifth or even Ninth floors, something about the heat just gets one pumped up." He smiled as he walked down the center isle talking to himself.

He slowly began to reminisce on the time he did spend on the fourth floor, 'Man I can't wait till my next date with Meo-chan, I can't keep her out of my head... She's all I think about everyday, sometimes I find myself in trouble because I refuse to stop thinking about her.' He thinks to himself holding the same smile as he had before. He kept his weapons and armor unequipped while he was on the first floor, something about the air here made it feel wrong to have anything combat wise equipped.

After turning a corner to a plaza he noticed two people and a small dog. After narrowing his eyes to get a better look due to the sun beaming into his face he could see that the woman seemed to be in a down trodden mood, he couldn't tell if the man was at the cause of it, but judging by what he could it seemed that the man was attempting to cheer him up as was the dog. He sighed for a second before stretching to loosen up then began to walk up toward them, "Hey is everything alright over here?" Stopping just before them as he finished his question, he definitely got the sense from the man that his intentions were to help. His red eyes looking over both of the them trying to get a better feel over how they're feeling and acting.

Wind slightly danced through the air as a certain blonde exited his forge. He simply needed a breather. It had been nearly 4 days since his last craft and material gathering was becoming a very slow process, the higher in level he got. Deciding to take a walk through town, he began to travel towards the plaza. Maybe he'd stop by a shop or two and pick up some food. Then again he had a special someone who just became a cook and has her own cafe, so maybe he could go there. The thoughts just roamed on as he passed into a street not to far from the main plaza. 

As it opened up, the blonde scanned the crowds of people and smiled.Although he didn't know any of them, he enjoyed seeing so many joyous faces and happy couples. His sights soon dropped to the carts lining the edges of the plaza. Maybe I can purchase some bread to go with this Jelly I got from Kotori's shop/cafe. His feet shuffled along as he weaved through the masses and neared a bakers cart. He had began to gaze over his items when he heard a familiar barking and equally familiar voice. Whipping around, he spotted none other than X himself. He seemed to be accompanied by a rather unhappy female player, as usual, and another person he recognized. Ssendom? Wonder what they're doing here. And who's that girl?

Rather than interrupt their little group, Oikawa stayed back and watched from a distance as he backed up into the shade of the cart stand.

Oske looked up, and then looked down at the pup in her lap. She wanted to smile and raise her voice to a squeaky, high pitched baby talking voice to speak to the puppy, but she found herself unable to move her lips without them turning into a frown. She put her hand on the dog's head, looking around at the two who had approached and one staying back. "Oh, I... Yeah, I'm fine--" her voice cracked as she spoke, and her eyes squinted slightly with pain. 

This isn't like you. Is something off? Maybe you should do yourself in now that you feel crappy enough.

Oske ignored that dumb*** voice in her head. She was so sick of it, bringing her down further and further. She wished someone in the real world would start pumping in her medication through her feeding tube or whatever was used at the hospital. Something to make her feel happy, not insane, and clear-headed. 

'Such a nice day!' though a certain blonde girl as she was walking among the 1st floor's Starting City. After finishing yet another initiation of a member of her guild, the blonde felt like leaving the front lines for a while and return to her 'roots'. Walking around the noob town, visiting her mentor and maybe in the process meet new people. Ever since she had that meeting with certain orange players, the blonde found herself fighting at the 10th floor, the current front line, almost all her spare time. Between that and managing her new founded guild, she had little time for anything else but now was one of the rare occasions when she actually didn't have anything better, so..here she was. Today she had unequipped her rapier, vambraces and shoulderpads and was wearing 'civilian' clothes consisting of the navy camo patterned top and short skirt.

Kimba, her lion companion, was walking beside her..or better said walked, as the 4 legged furball started dashing out of the blue, in a random direction. The blonde showed a broad smile and started running after her 'Like old times' came into her mind as she started chuckling as well. Skilfully evading nearby passers the two companions made their way towards a small group. Ariel saw a familiar blonde figure with a item of hers and decided to stay back. But Kimba in return dashed directly in the middle of the group and started playing with her friend, Maruchan that was on Oske's lap. The lion cub turns towards X and growls then continues her playtime with the little husky.

Ariel on the other hand, silently approached Oikawa and tapped on his shoulder saying with a grin: "You know, if people see you like this they might think you're a stalker." She was glad to see a old friend there and stealthy looking where he looked, the blonde recognized all but one in that merry group.

Vaan walked onto the teleportation device on the second floor and said, "Floor one, Town of Beginnings" and he disappeared, fading with a brilliant blue light. The light cleared as he materialized on floor one. He sighed and stretched. He enjoyed traveling floor one. There was less people because it had brought them all bad memories. Memories of Kayaba Akihiko telling them they were trapped. He sighed and walked to the plaza and decided he would look around. That's when he seen two familiar people. Ssendom and was standing next to a lady who seemed to be losing it. it actually was very common. And Oikawa seemed to be watching from a distance. Ignoring Oikawa, Vaan walked to the lady and said Are you all right miss. " Another lady popped up and she looked a bit familiar. She had the same guild symbol as he.

Ssendom peered around seeing Oikawa stand from a distance behind him, he noticed a girl of the near same hair color of as him approach and talk to him. They seemed to know each other thus Ssendom decided to pay no attention to it. After a moment it dawned on him, 'Da*n, there are quite a few people here. Now that I think of it I don't tend to do too well around larger groups of people.' Shortly there after he saw Vaan approach the girl he was worried about her well being as well. He simply sighed and scratched his head and sat upon the ground, his right leg outstretched and his left more so completely bent he was stretched back leaning on his hands that were behind him on the ground.

His attire seemed rather plain in comparison to others, his brown skin tight tank-top that defined his physique from the real world, over baggy brown pants that were fray at the ends while being held up by a dual-belt with gold plating on them, His scarf was massive that hid his mouth and covered over his shoulders. His hair swayed in the gentle breeze that flowed over them he cleared his throat, "No worries milady, we all saw someone who seemed to be down and decided to come and worry about our fellow player. We wont force you to talk, but do know you can open up to us whenever you please. We're all in this world together." A light blush came over his cheeks as what he said was somewhat embarrassing, that and his mind was still on someone else.

He looked up at the sky that had very few clouds and was absolutely gorgeous, he had to lift one of his hands slightly over his face due to the brightness of the sun. "But always take the chance to look at the sky. It's nice that we can still look to it and have it bring some solace." He turned his attention back to her hoping he hadn't said anything that would ruin her mood or hurt her.

The girl silently petted Maruchan and stood there seeming sad. When another player came slightly aggressively I had thought about the original reason I didn't want to talk to her. He seemed to understand I wasn't the cause of her sadness so I let it go. Maruchan stood up for a moment and growled at something across the street. I turned my head and saw it was oikawa.

"Beat it!" I mouthed to him as I raised up a hand with only my middle finger not balled into my fist.

I then sighed and looked at the girl again trying to figure out what was wrong. Suddenly a freaking lion came out of no where and started playing with Maruchan. Then my heart rate crawled back to normal as I realized it was just kimba. Kimba I can tolerate but then another player came out of nowhere asking what's wrong.

"Hey hey give her some air. Why don't you start with telling me your name." I said to the others than to oske.

Kotori found herself quietly roaming the first floor as just an observer. She had long wondered how far players have advanced and leveled since the beginning of the game and even though she had the chance to do so, there was always other things to do besides that. Nothing had really changed. The same amount of people were around the entire floor, they were just idling and talking as if the game was going to beat itself. It made her a bit angry about her circumstances and how weak she was stat-wise, but it was still something to look forward to. That's when she saw it. A girl about the same age as Kotori herself was.. crying? It seemed so and the raven-haired girl was going to approach her, but a boy changed that for her. X. More like the storm itself. Obviously he was going to his typical romeo act that he so loved to use on people and it just wasn't appropriate. Honestly, he should have at least a little bit sympathy for the grieving girl, maybe something bad had happened to her. Instead of doing anything however, the girl watched as more and more people joined the group before noticing Oikawa was part of this. Odd.. It seemed Ariel, the guild leader of the guild Kotori was in appeared as well. She wouldn't dare make a move and that's what the girl did, watch from the sidelines. It wouldn't be hard to be noticed, but she probably wouldn't be considering how different looking she was.

As Oikawa observed the group, he could tell the girl was having a hard time explaining what was wrong. Maybe she doesn't wan't? Or to hard to? I wonder what could have her so down in the dumps. Like a sudden flash of white lightning, a familiar Oikawa knew all to well approached and played with Maruchan. This in turn could only mean one thing, Ariel is around here somewhere. Feeling a light tapping on his shoulder, he turned his head to the blonde as she spoke. A small chuckle escaped his lips as he responded. "And what if I am?" While he entertained her musings, he returned his gaze to the group at hand. And as if on cue, X turned around to not only flip him off but to tell him to scram as well.

"Real classy X. Especially in front of so many people." stated the blonde as he exited the shade. "Pleasure to see you Vaan and Ssendom. It's been awhile." Nodding to the lady in distress, he decided to stay quiet.Wanting to observe rather then interrupt with the same pending question.

Oske looked up, then at her surroundings. It seemed these people knew each other, and maybe they were even... friends. Oske had friends. But they disappeared. Not because of her, but it wasn't like she had the power to stop them. They didn't care THAT much more than they cared about their own well being, it seemed. But isn't that the way you're supposed to live? Care for yourself before others.

Oske had been living the opposite way, and now she was in a world of hurt. From the abuse she had taken from "friends" to the point where she strangled her closest friend in the real world. More tears dripped down her face, and she tried to cover her eyes. "I'm sorry, I'm a mess, I'm not worth it, no..." she stuttered, unable to form logical sentences. 

Vaan watched as the weird guy that was standing right by the girl told him to give her some air. He then told her to start with what her name was. Vaan couldn't take it. Really! Whatever you're name is don't be a hypocrite. Do what you censored told me to do.... Give her some censored room and back off! Vaan was done venting an he listened as the girl actually began to say something. She began to apologize for some reason with a I'm Sorry, I am a mess. I'm not worth it... She cut off with illogical sentences and began to mumble. Don't tell yourself that... Everyone is worth it.

Upon hearing his answer the blonde chuckled, her old friend seemed jovial as ever but a bit distracted as well. She then continued to a answer him: "You should increase your stealthing skills then, most of them already spotted you." she said as she saw X well....being himself. Then the blonde then followed him towards the group, as she nodded to X and went to pet maruchan. Her eyes then rested on the one Oikawa called Vaan, slightly tilting her head the blonde would recognize his name as being on her guild's new recruits list. She would listen to his exchange with X thinking 'So far he just shows that he's a bit hot headed' thought the blonde while greeting him and the unknown bluenette. "Pleased make your acquaintance, my name is Ariel, some refer to me as 'The Crowned Lion' or the guild leader of Absolute Pin." She said to them, adopting a formal tone for some reason

Then she turned towards the brunette she knew as Oske, memories from past event flowed through her head as she remembered. This girl, despite her small frame, had the courage to stand beside her against Mari. After that action Ariel would come to respect the younger girl and right now, seeing her like that didn't light up any motherly instinct or will to protect her. But something, at the best, called in the back of her mind to at least try to cheer her up. She would glare at the two that were apparently 'fighting' over her for some reason and stated in a mostly blank (and slightly annoyed) voice: "If you two are going to keep shouting better take it elsewhere. How do you intend to make her feel better that way?" Then the blonde would turn her attention towards Oske once again and kneel to meet her eyes: "Hey, long time no see. Mind telling us what's your mind right now?" she asked with a gentle smile, as she lowered herself so that her own silvery eyes would meet the brunettes green ones.

Ssendom listened to the two begin to bicker and shortly there after heard the unknown lady began to make very sad remarks, he quickly hopped up to his feet and bow's "I am sorry if I upset you." He had a very apologetic tone to his voice, he stood up then placed the tip of his foot directly behind his other foot crossing his arms and leaning back, "And my apologies as well for being very incensitive for quickly coming up and asking you to tell me the problem." He looked at all the people around him, he knew Oikawa and Vaan but the other 2 where equally as unknown as the girl he had approached, he also noticed a girl standing outside of the group a small distance away... Though she was unfamiliar to him aswell.

As Ariel introduced himself, "Well as long as we are mentioning who are to seem a little less pushy, The name is Ssendom, The Dreadnaught. It is a pleasure to meet everyone here at the moment." He said it just loud enough to be audible to the girl who was a short distance away. He kept his seemingly piercing gaze of his red eyes peering around, he was slowly looking over everyone and their body language; listening to they way they talk to get a feel for how everyone is acting and behaving. He seemed very cautious and reserved but not trying to be very conspicuous to them, he waited as someone decided to address to him or talk in his general direction.

Oske scrunched up her nose in distress as the players started snapping at each other, but then... Ariel spoke. She was kind, warm, and motherly. Oske liked Ariel, but she wasn't one to normally announce her affections to strangers. "I just... feel very alone," she said after a long, long pause and a sniffle. "It seems all my friends are just... gone. They all left me, and I couldn't stop them. I shouldn't feel this way. People are lonely and fine all the time, I should get over it. I'm not better."

Oske wiped her cheeks with her sleeve, hoping to hide her sadness.

Ping! A notification sounded. The blonde swiped his HUD and glanced over the message. A required guild obligation? Maybe a new recruit? Either way Dom and I need to move.  "Ssendom, we have a guild obligation to attend to. We need to go." Motioning to the player to follow, the blonde turned on his heel and began to walk out when he suddenly noticed Kotori standing about. Opening his mouth to speak, it closed just as quickly as nothing seemed to come out. Later he would explain the sudden retreat from the weeping girl. Ariel seems to have a handle on the situation. And I doubt X will try anything with her around. Especially with Kotori being under Ariel's protection. I trust her. I trust both of them. Continuing out the plaza,the blonde left to meet up with the others.

-Leaves thread

He barely noticed Oikawa quickly dropping his HUD and quickly read a message then without looking at him, "Ssendom, we have a guild obligation to attend to. We need to go." He made a motion for him to follow and he nodded without question to the notion. When it came to a notion from his superiors he turned around and followed suite without saying any other words, he knew it was an important situation if Oikawa demanded action immediately.

'Hmm, Whatever it is. Should be better than listening to two people complain at each other for literally no reason.' He thought as they walked. He passed Oikawa for a moment when he saw him divert his attention for a second, not a moment too long he heard the footsteps of Oikawa again knowing he was following. He chose not to turn around and look at those he was leaving the plaza with Oikawa to meet up with the others.

- (Leaves Thread)

Seeing the two walk away Ariel made a unpleased face saying ironically: "Yeah bye guys! Great seeing you again." from behind them. She didn't remember Oikawa being so distant and wondered what guild he was talking about. She shook her head, banishing those two from her mind as she had more important things to do right now. She let out a sigh as she addressed Oske in the same manner as before, maybe this time in a bit more cheerful tone: "How can you say you're alone when you have all these people around you? and as for your friends, if they just left you, from my point of view as a outsider I ask: Where they really your friends?" With a couple of elegant swipes, Ariel summoned her inventory and pulled out one of her custom made handkerchiefs that bore the crowned lion, her tailor shop's logo. "You should be embarrassed, we all have our ways to deal with loneliness. I for one am a bit more damaged than others and go fight mobs on the 10th floor when I get that feeling. Your reaction is just more, normal than mine" she said, ending with a chuckle. The remaining two guys were already cut out of her attention, only Kotory, one of her guild's new recruits still being in her line of sight and attention.

It was became pretty obvious to Kotori as she approached the now smaller group that the girl was not okay, she wasn't just sad, she was alone and depressed. Nobody should have to go through losing friends or being abandoned, something that was just all too familiar to black-haired girl. She had experienced this though for a much more longer timespan, although the pain couldn't differ. She decided to ignore the presence of X and before saying anything, she nodded towards Ariel to acknowledge her existence. She then turned to the grieving girl and began to speak "These "friends" of yours, whoever they are and however close they were to you, if they were really your friends, why aren't they here supporting a girl like you? I know how it feels like to become lonely and have nobody to turn to at all, it was just utter misery. I made a mistake in lashing out instead at others for my unfortunate position, but you still have a chance to get your hopes back up. You just need to put on a smile and go find new people to talk to!" Kotori cheered with a slight smile on her face. "You just need to find a good group of people who will be there for you and if you'd like, that could start with me and Ariel right here! So wipe those tears away and get back up, just move on." She finished.