PP - F9 Knights vs. Knights <<The Iron Guardian>> (Tristan, Teayre, Oikawa)

As his teammates began preparing themselves for the night Calrex gave a nod as he removed his jacket, the blue piece of clothing disappearing as he walked over and sat down next to Teayre, giving a smile as he gave a sigh of relief. Since the others couldn't see past the cover of the trees he did one last sweep with his <<Reveal>> skill before confirming the immediate area was clear of threats before closing his eyes, "Alright everyone, I'll see you in the morning."

With that he let himself drift off into a slumber, his head slumping to the side as his breathing became long and deep, not much unlike his breathing patterns when his cold persona was active while using his sword. Some of his bangs fell and covered his eyes as his body relaxed more as he slumped forward."

"We'll have to see what monsters we'll encounter tomorrow. Hopefully they won't be anything that we can't handle, although with the group we have assembled I don't think that should be the case..."

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tristan smiled and said "Yes, I'm sure our fight will be a grand one and shall be most entertaining. Now, we should rest. Well, the rest of us that is since you are taking the first shift."

Tristan waved goodnight and headed for the tent. He fell asleep in his own bed rather promptly, though not heavily for when he may be needed later and thus awoken. He dreamt of his many friendships and how far he has come with them all, with their ups and downs, and how they would proceed in the future. He was hoping they would soon get to fight the actual boss, as he was pumped to fight it.

As Calrex sat down beside her Teayre found her eyes quickly fluttering closed, resting her head on his shoulder she slipped her arm around his. “G-Good night Callie, I… I love you.†Her final words before she drifted off.

Sometime later Teayre awoke she’d rolled away from Calrex, her eyes were wide open her back dripping in sweat. Her heart could be heard thumping away inside her chest as she gasped for breath. “T-that dream again…†Looking around she found that Oikawa had dozed off asleep as had the other two. Shifting herself Teayre moved back next to Calrex and slowly lowered the boy’s head into her lap stroking his hair gently. Teayre smiled sweetly as she gazed down on him, “At least I’ve got you Callie, no matter what you’ve been there for me since I’ve met you…â€

Keeping her eyes peeled Teayre stayed awake for the rest of Oikawa's shift and into her own as she watched their camp with ears pricked.

(Dreaming)

Something white and cold drifted slowly from the sky. Clumps of the water mass clung to the blonde as he trudged through fields covered in the stuff. Forests lined him on either side before he suddenly found himself surrounded in the snow covered greenery. He moved about warily, cautiously plowing through the two feet deep white fluff. His feet brought him to a lake. A frozen one. It was peaceful and quiet. A place he would take Kotori if she wanted to just stare at the digital stars and talk with him all night. He was more than sure he could handle anything this floor had to offer, should a problem arise.

(breathing suddenly quickens)

He gazes around the rink of frozen water and stopped when he spotted two figures. Both seemingly familiar but equally as mysterious. He wanted to get a closer look but his body seemed to ignore his command. The duo seemed to get closer to him as they moved across the ice. One of the faces suddenly came into view. It was X. For the love of Christ why is he in my dream? Screamed the blonde although only he could hear his shouts. He continued to watch as X reached for the second figures hand. As the person came into view, Oikawa realized it was a girl. Great another victim for the imbecile. At first she refused to follow, but whatever the X had said managed to persuade her as she stepped into full view. The blonde's mouth dropped to the floor...

(nearly hyperventilating)

The girl was Kotori. She seemed to be blushing. Almost smitten with X as she nervously cackled at what ever he was mentioning to her. KOTORI!!!! Nooooo!!! Why? When? How? Noooo... His body stood. Frozen from the sight. He watched as X put his arm around the girl. No his girl. The love of his life. He didn't stop as he brought her face to his. Lips mere inches apart, as he leaned in-

"NOOOOO, " shouted the caped player, as he bolted upright from the tree he had rested against. Sweat dripped from his brow as he forced himself to calm his breathing. Ahh. Holy... it was... just a nightmare... His breathing soon returned to normal as he looked to where Cal and Tristan were sleeping respectively. They didn't seem startled or bothered. Though he wasn't for sure. He groggily stared at Teayre, searching to see if he had worried her. Hopefully his strange outburst didn't spark to many questions from the redhead. he wanted to go back to sleep, but after that nightmare, he was unsure if that was even an option. Rather than sleep, he decided to start his shift early. "I'm fine if you're wondering. Just a very bad dream to say the least. You can take your time to sleep if you want. i'll go ahead and start my shift," he said to her as he let his eyes adjust to the growing darkness.

Calrex stirred slightly when he heard both Teayre and Oikawa moving around, possibly from bad dreams in their sleep. Of course it raised concern in him, not only because they are fellow members of their little group, the Spectrum Coalition, but because they are also his closest friends. Any problems they encountered he would like to assist with. However, waking up and talking to them about it would only pose as a detriment later on, when he would be tired out in combat.

"A candle that burns twice as bright...no...I merely need to do what is in my power to keep them safe..."

He tended to go into a light sleep, meaning that he could still hear whatever was going on around them, but he decided not to act as he continued to shift slightly on Teayre's lap, turning his head so that he was facing towards her stomach, feeling the gentle warmth radiating from it as he gave a small smile, some bangs falling and covering his face.

The night continued to pass on. At this point Oikawa's shift was starting to come to and end, with Teayre's shift now beginning. By now Calrex had rolled off of Teayre's lap, sleeping on his side as he had continued his light slumber.

Tristan himself was out like a light, where you would need to punch him in the face to wake him from his deep slumber. One time he was actually smacked in the face awake, but that was from an ex-partner due to them moving in their sleep. He himself dreamed of his daily life back at home, well, the home that was the real world and not the new home that Aincrad has become.

He first thought of waking in his relatively simple home, a semi-detached house which was sparsely furnished, seeing as he was mostly out anyway doing reenactment combat or at work. Little memory was made there.

Next flashed forward him working as a game store manager. It wasn't the most interesting thing, but as it was in an area he enjoyed, it became rather simple to bear with.

He then had memories of fighting in reenactment with a Norman historical group. He himself was a two handed spear user who used longer reaching spears, so he could attack targets from a further distance. When he wasn't using that, it was a billhook so he could hook weapons or open up the guard of shields.

Tristan continued snoozing away peacefully, a slight snore coming from him. 

“It’s fine Kawi, anyways you were meant to have the first shift silly, I wanted to spend some time with Calrex I wasn’t really intending on sleeping much…†Teayre raised her head looking across at Oikawa smiling at him as she spoke. “Get your head back down I’ll wake you in the morning alright?†Waving him off she seemed to be dismissing him as she stood stretching her arms and legs. Walking around the camp she sees Calrex lying down his head on the floor.

“Honestly…†Moving back over to her fiancée Teayre moves his head back onto her lap as she strokes his hair. “There you go sleepy is that better?†Her voice was soft as she watched Calrex, a small smile on her face before leaning in and giving him a small kiss on the cheek.  Smirking as she hears a muffled snore come from inside the tent. 

"Proves how out of it I was, but no matter I think I'll go for a walk. Sleep doesn't seem like a pleasant option at the moment to be completely honest." Hoisting himself up, Oikawa stretched and yawned before sheepishly trudging into the grove. Hew wouldn't go far, but he just wanted some place where he could be to himself. Clear his mind, and erase the negative thoughts that was his most recent dream, or nightmare rather. "Surely that'd never happen. And if it did, I'd have even more of a reason to finally end his life. But can I do it? Can I really take his life knowing that, if he died here. He would die for real? The strain it would cause. The problems that would arise. Kotori... How would she feel or react? Would she resent me? Leave me? Become scared of me and what I've become? Is X worth losing my other half? In short, hell no. I'd let him beat me in duel if it meant Kotori could stay by my side. He isn't worth the pity I have for him. And he isn't worth losing Kotori over. He not worth anything to me."

The words were certainly harsh, but the blonde rarely used them in tangent with any particular person. X however was that person and his removal from Aincrad whether it be death or game clearing mattered not. 

Having come to terms with his outlook on the cancer that has plagued for five months, the blonde figured he'd be fine for the time being. However if X ever puts Ko in harms way or threatens their lives, Oikawa will not be responsible for the mayhem that ensues.

Calrex made himself comfortable once again as he felt the softness of Teayre's lap against the side of his head, a smile coming to his face. His ears kept track of the words Oikawa said, making note that the blonde was going for a walk. He also noticed the snoring coming from Tristan's direction, partially surprised at the act before wrapping his arms around his fiancees waist.

"I think my shift will be starting soon, so I'd best be getting ready..."

As the hours passed by further it eventually came time for Calrex to take his shift. He slowly opened his eyes before giving a calming breath, shaking his head to help wake himself up, "Alright...I guess it's my turn..."

He gave a nod to Teayre before getting to his feet, his <<Reveal>> skill activating so that he could keep track of all sides of their location.

(I'm running out of ways to describe peacefully sleeping away ;___; )

Tristan continued to snore away lightly, adjusting on instinct his body position to be more comfortable on his bed. He currently dreamed about food or something like that, something about it being the greatest food invented of all time. Maybe he had the brain partially of a shounen manga protagonist? He wasn't sure but continued sleeping.

As Calrex got up Teayre smiled at him her head whipping to the right as she strained her eyes, a shrill screech had come from that direction. “Cal.†Her hand going to her katana Teayre looks over finding Oikawa close enough by to come back to them she hears another snore come from the tent.  She sighs, “I guess he could sleep through anything couldn’t he?†Chuckling the small girl looks up to her bigger fiancée “Can you see anything Callie?†Her head slowly turning down as to face the direction again as small rays of light begin to creep over the horizon.

A blood curdling shriek split through the forest as the blonde snapped his to the clearing ahead of him. The ground quaked with each step as a silver armored being marched into the grove. Red eyes pierced through the darkness as it stopped in the field. Oikawa focused on the crimson crystal hovering over it's head. The <Iron Knight>. 35 HP. It wields a giant claymore and has armor with some enhancement. Though what it is, has yet to be determined. I need to alert the others. Like now.

His menu materialized as his hand swiped through the air. Selecting his party members, he sent a barrage of messages. All telling them to wake up and get their butts over here. Oikawa could certainly handle his own against the knight but if there was already company, then there is no telling what else might arise. Not even two days into the trek and they were already being greeted by the Knights. At least we know we're heading in the right direction. Upon closing his menu, he equipped  his gear and went on the offensive.

Although the surrounding area was darkened, the blonde's sight was impeccable. His aim even more so. The crimson blade smashed through the knight's heavy armor. He twisted the rapier and dug it into the Mob's chest before ripping it out jumping back. He checked over his shoulder. Still no sign of the others. He would hold it off until they arrived or kill it. The options were inevitable.

[23168] BD: 9

MD: Attacks on my next turn.

[H:2] Oikawa: 79/79

[H:0] Teayre:

[H:0]Calrex:

[H:0] Tristan:

[iron Guardian]: 26/35 (-9) BLD -2 2/2

Damage - 4, Bleed on 9 or 10 for 2 turns dealing 1 damage.

Thorns - Deals 1 Damage To Enemy on a 6-8 enemy battle dice.

ID: 23206

Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +1) = 8 (Thorns Activation)

"Yeah, I heard it..."

Immediately after Calrex responded to Teayre's question he suddenly got a message from Oikawa calling everyone over to his position. Before he departed Calrex used his <<Reveal>> skill to confirm his suspicions. As Oikawa pointed out there was a large suit of armor where he was. With a few swipes on his menu Calrex equipped the Grand Chariot, Grand Blade, and Ocean's Defense, nodding to Teayre, "Let's get moving."

He quickly rushed towards their teammate's location using his <<Sprint>> skill, seeing the armored knight pierced by Oikawa's rapier before the blonde retreated. Immediately he switched in, drawing the Grand Blade in a reverse grip as he cut it across the waist, positioning himself behind it. However, as he did suddenly the knight's armor began shifting. Familiar with the event Calrex quickly crossed his arms as a series of thorns shot out, pushing him back.

"Great, so this thing has the Thorns skill as well..."

"Oikawa you alright?"

HP List

(Hate: 2) Oikawa: 79/79

(Hate: 1) Calrex: 90/91 (+1 Thorns)

(Hate: 0) Tristan: 61/61

(Hate :0) Teayre: 69/69

Enemies:

Iron Knight: 17/35

[23219] BD: 7, 6 Damage, 1 Thorns activated.

Tristan was awoken by the sound of clashing metal, something he was not expecting of all things. He jumped up and ran out the tent, equipping his items from his menu as he moved. "I know I was hoping they same soon but not this soon!" He exclaimed as he ran to the rest of the team.

Tristan wasted no time to attack, charging in with his spear and slamming it straight into the knight. He jumped back and readied himself for any attacks he may receive in return.

[H:0] Teayre: 69/69

[H:1] Calrex: 90/91

[H:2] Tristan: 60/61 (corrected due to recently levelling up)

[iron Knight]: 11/35 BLD -2 2/2

Damage - 4, Bleed on 9 or 10 for 2 turns dealing 1 damage.

Thorns - Deals 1 Damage To Enemy on a 6-8 enemy battle dice.

ID: 24188

BD:11 (9 + 2 ACC) [+1 Crit Damage, Bleed Activated – Is it a double bleed?]

As one of the Iron Knights appeared Teayre sighed as she watched the various members of her groups charge straight in and begin smashing away the knight’s health. As the health bar trickled down when Oikawa set himself back a bit and Calrex stood in front of him Teayre saw a red streak flying from the tent. Her hand on her katana the girl took a few deep breaths as she drew her blade holding it so that the tip trailed on the ground the girl moved swiftly as she activated her <Charge> skill.

Nearing the tin can she pivoted on her left foot arcing her blade up like a bolt of lightning chipping away at the armour before she shoved it deep inside. Jumping back she nodded at Oikawa. "Not much left, finish it Kawi!"

[H:2] Teayre: 69/69
[H:1] Calrex: 90/91

[H:2] Tristan: 60/61

[iron Knight]: 1/35 10 DMG (8 + 1 Crit + 1 Charge) BLD -2 2/2

The cavalry arrived sooner than he expected. As the blonde watched Calrex jump into the fray, he spotted Tristan and Teayre following not to far behind. More health trickled away as Calrex let his blade cleave into the <Iron Guardian>. Tristan soon followed up piercing stab from his spear. The armored knight wailed and thrashed as it took yet another blow. A flash of red alerted Oikawa to Teayre's action as her blade danced along the ground before slicing into the metal protection that saved the poor soul from dissolving right then and there.

Taking Teayre's verbal cue, Oikawa kicked off from his position and darted around the Mob. An enormous claymore swiped through the air. Nimbly ducking aside, Oikawa avoided the attack. Tucking into a roll, he sprang forward and let the momentum carry him towards the guardian. As his rapier smashed into the armored chest of the Mob, he felt it's Thorns activate, causing him to lose a point of health. However, it mattered not as the being suddenly exploded into crystal leaving behind a small bit of loot. "A material and some Col. I imagine we will divy this up evenly at the end of our quest. Until then however, everyone track their gains."

Looking around, he made sure it was safe enough to put up their weapons. Finding nothing terribly dangerous, he sheathed his blade and eyed the group. "Well since we're all up. shall we continue our trek? I reckon that if we look around while we travel, we can gather some materials along the way." 

[24360] BD: 6 (3+3) Thorns Activated

CD: 3

LD: 14 (13+1)

MD: 2 (6-4)

[H:2] Oikawa: 78/79

[H:2] Teayre: 69/69

[H:1]Calrex: 90/91

[H:2] Tristan: 60/61

[iron Guardian]: DEAD

[Oikawa gained 1 Material and 175 Col]

"Wow...certainly quite a team we've got here, if that battle was any indicator..."

Almost as quick as the battle started it had reached its end, with Oikawa dealing the finishing blow. However, it wasn't his sword, but the combined Bleed effects of both his and Teayre's weapons that destroyed the knight. With the threat eliminated Calrex sheathed his sword as he gave a sigh of relief, addressing Oikawa's question, "Searching for materials while we're moving? Sounds like a good idea, at least if everyone appears to have had enough sleep."

He swiped through his menu once again, changing back to his casual combat clothing before nodding to the others.

ID: 24375

Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 19

Almost immediately after Calrex looked down and saw what appeared to be a shard of obsidian on the ground, and a decent sized one too. Kneeling down he picked it up and added the rock to his inventory, counting for one material, "Heh, I guess there is a reason I'm a material gatherer as my 'profession' after all."

Total: 1

24421 LD 14

No materials found.

Tristan was ready to begin his attack, but after the collective attack from the party all struck the foe, it was quickly felled and smashed into virtual pixels. Tristan collected the Col that appeared in a window, shrugging even if it as a tiny amount. He walked as the others did on, thinking a bit. "Last I checked from the quest information, there are more of these Iron Knights until we find the Iron Guardian." he pointed out, meaning there were considerable more foes to fight. He unequipped his spear and put his shield to his back and looked out toward the plains, in somewhat paranoia of being ambushed by more knights.

• 1 month later...

OC: Sorry about the long wait guys I was busy with Uni stuffs but I’m properly back now :D

Keeping close to Calrex, the red headed girl eyes were darting all over the place as groans and metal screeches echoed around the area they were travelling. One hand rested constantly on her weapon’s hilt as she shuddered. Spinning around she looked into some of the trees her eyes straining to see in the gloom beneath them. Shaking her head she carries on walking slipping a free hand into Calrex’s. “How many more of those things do you think we’ll have to fight? They… They give me the creeps.” Shivering again she tightened her grip on the palm of her fiancée. Her heart beat could be heard pumping away. “With any luck, we’ll be done soon. Something just doesn’t feel right about this place.”

"Aye, there are certainly more foes to be met. The coast does seem clear for now however. Let's move." Taking the lead, the blonde tread carefully as he broke through the tree line and emerged within the forest once more. The eerie noises emitting from the growth was enough to keep anyone on edge., especially given their latest encounter.

Briskly checking over his shoulder, he caught glimpses of the rest following behind. Slowing his pace, he waited for the others to catch up. Once they were closer together, he stopped. Something was moving about around them. Flashes of silver darted in and out of view as he gazed through the trees. In a low whisper, he mouthed to everyone, "Looks like we may have company, everyone stay alert and keep an eye out."