PP - F10 Screams Within Tartarus <<Wail of the Banshee>> (Tristan) (Completed)

There was no way to tell the time of day within the cavern theme of the tenth floor as a bright blue light appeared next to the teleportation circle in the main settlement of Yomi. Materializing from the light was a young man with blue hair, a rather wide one-handed straight sword strapped to the back of his hip, the handle pointing out towards his right arm.

"It's certainly been a while since I last came here. I think it was right after my duel with Tristan that I went to Tartarus to grandmaster my Heavy Armor skill. In any case it looks like there's a quest I can take care of. I was thinking of taking this with Oikawa and Teayre, but it seems like Oikawa's kind of fallen off the map. I can't get a hold of him, and he has not been seen anywhere on the other floors. I hope he's doing alright."

Swiping a few times on his menu he summoned the Amethyst Charm as it attached to the end of his sword's handle. Finally, his entire body was surrounded by the deep-sea blue armor of the Grand Chariot as its stoic appearance covered his face, "Well, it's certainly been a while since I last saw him, and I still have not had a chance to see his skills in full during encounter combat...ah, why not?"

Pulling up his messenger he sent out a message to Tristan, inviting him to party up and take on the <<Wail of the Banshee>> quest. With both of them in the party, there seemed to be no need for extra strength, especially with Tristan's powerful shield. From what he remembered of their duel, it was a unique piece of equipment that had a fiery modification to the Thorns ability he was all too familiar with.

"Guess all I can do now is sit and wait to see if he shows up. I guess I probably could take this on my own as well, but I would need to use a damage booster potion to be safe."

Edited by Calrex
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tristan had gotten a message from Calrex, the player who commendably fought him in the tournament and so far actually had lasted the longest against him. Even his partner Teayre got beaten far faster, which was rather amusing since she fought in retribution for the duel Calrex and him had. He thought about it as he walked to Floor 10 where Calrex was present and waiting for him.

Tristan had not done this quest, among a few others too, so he was excited to get this done. He had the Serpents Pierce spear equipped with his Twinfire Reflector and Breastplate of the Iron Lord. He thought on how the fight with Calrex might have been considerably easier with this spear, but decided not to ponder on it and moved forward to the floor where he was present. Tristan smiled seeing Calrex and waved hello and said "How are you doing?", walking at the same time towards out of town so they could go to the boss. It would be a long fight, so he didn't want to dilly-dally too long.

Looking over as he heard a voice directed at him Calrex turned to see that Tristan had accepted his invite and was already geared up and ready to go, "Hey, long time no see. Doing alright so far, how have thing's been with you?"

Following suit he kept pace with the taller man as the two made their way past the dragon guardian NPC that waited at the gate leading out of the settlement. It was still fairly dark within the tenth floor, as it always was. Luckily enough Calrex's <<Night Vision>> was already activated as he was able to navigate their way towards Tartarus, the abandoned prison which was said to be full of various dangerous monsters.

Figuring having his weapon at the ready would be a good course of action he unlocked his sword from its sheath with a small click before fully drawing it. Unlike their duel, where he had opted to maximize his damage by wielding the oldest of his swords, the Grand Blade, on this particular outing he had decided to test out the new sword he had "forged" himself against the creatures they were going up against. The blade was significantly wider than the Grand Blade and Grand Maelstrom, about two times the width, and was icy blue and white in color with a wolf symbol at the base of the blade. The Frozen Fang Blade.

"Alright, from what I remember of the information on this quest we need to search for the actual field boss' lair within this facility. Hopefully we'll be able to locate it fairly quickly."

Tristan chuckled. "I'm alright, even if I did recently have to fight your crazy girlfriend in a duel, not sure if you watched that. She had totally lost it in her delusions." he sighed thinking on it, it was a one sided massacre, and not against Tristan like Teayre had probably intended. Either way, he went with Calrex on the search for this cave in the dark, though Tristans capacity to actually see anything in this cave was gimped by the darkness around them, making it difficult to pick out anything. "I sure hope we see it soon too." he said to Calrex.

ID 26322 LD 13 NOT FOUND

ID: 26323
Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +2) = 13 (Not Found)

"Heh, well I got to see a little bit of it at the very end. I was busy working on some personal training to get my armor skill maxed and this new sword made. It definitely seemed similar to how our fight went, at least from what I could gather. That shield of yours is certainly something else."

As he continued to look around Calrex tried to spy a trace of the cave they were supposed to be looking for. Unfortunately, even with the occasional activation of his <<Reveal>> skill to see through the terrain, there was yet no clue as to the location they needed to be heading towards, "Hm...no luck in my end just yet. I wonder if we're going to need to head further down into this prison to find it. "

"There certainly seems to be less monsters lurking in the cells of the building, and none that seem to be attracted to our level. That's a good sign so far, but I wonder how much further down we'll need to go before we find this cave."

Edited by Calrex

ID: 26339
Loot Dice: 2 (Not Found)

Tristan could only laugh a little "You missed quite the show then. Your girlfriend had gone full nuts trying to kill me, placing the blame of me damaging you on me, when it was mostly in repercussion of hits to yourself, along with the obsession to hurt me which was impossible since by the end of the duel, she was on exceedingly far less health while I was close to full. I hope she has calmed down somewhat since then.". He didn't think having a crazy redhead after him would be that helpful, one was handful enough as is at current.

He looked around to see if he could see anything, but found nothing.

ID: 26349
Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +2) = 6 (Not Found)

Listening to Tristan explain what he had missed of the duel Calrex felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head, "Yeah, Teayre certainly has a little bit of bloodlust when it comes to me getting hurt. Sorry you had to be on the receiving end of that, although it certainly seemed to not affect you health-wise much. From what I know of her she certainly should be back to her normal self now, but I'll certainly make sure she's alright beforehand."

"Teayre certainly can be a little bit overprotective of my well-being at times, at least objectively speaking. Of course I can't really say now not guilty of thinking the same for her. Tristan is certainly a powerful ally and a good person though, at least from what I've seen of him. I'd rather not have that result in burning a bridge, or worse gaining his ire."

Looking around it seemed there was still no luck in finding the cave, at least from what Calrex could see, "I guess we still have not gone down deep enough. There's not even a hint of a cave from what I can spot so far."

Edited by Calrex

ID 26353
LD 20 CAVE FOUND

Tristan chuckled and said in reply regarding Teayre "It's alright, she received more than I did as a result of her being foolish. Well, I suppose time will tell if she learns from her mistake to think before taking action. Either way, we have a banshee to find.".

Lo and behold just as Tristan spoke about caves, there was one right in front of him staring him in the face. "Well uh...I found it." he said remarking. "Good timing I suppose for finding a banshee, though we have those enemies protecting her to deal with first.".

"Huh, well that was certainly quick. Alright then best be prepared."

Calrex nodded to Tristan as he found the cave they needed to search through, making sure he had a firm grip on the Frozen Fang Blade, "Right, supposedly she has a couple of undead protectors we will need to dispatch first, although i think we should be able to take care of them fairly quickly."

Giving a calming breath he let his <<Reveal>> skill activate once more as he quickly scanned the interior, "It's a fairly deep cave. Right now there's nothing in my skill's range limit, but it is possible they might only spawn once we enter."

Edited by Calrex

ID 26366
BD 1 Miss
MD 8-3=5

Tristan also scanned about with his own less skilled in vision, saying "Yeah they shouldn't be too bad. That is we could find them..." he said to himself more in a ramble than actually anything else. It not until he heard a mumble or groan of sorts that he found himself suddenly attacked from behind by multiple enemies. "I found them!" he exclaimed as all the attacks bounced off his shield as he blocked in panic, thus leaving him untouched by the enemy. He breathed out a sigh now that he knew were they were.

Tristan 65/65
Calrex 93/93

Undead Guardian Zombie 20/20

<Undead Guardian Zombies>
Health: 20 HP
Damage per Attack: 5

+2 Damage Mitigation

ID: 26371
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7

Quickly turning to face where Tristan had directed his attention Calrex looked and saw four zombies with a combination of both his <<Night Vision>> and <<Reveal>> skills, "Nice work Tristan! There's four, so keep your eyes peeled!"

Rushing forward Calrex brought the Frozen Fang Blade across his body as he closed the distance between him and the zombie that Tristan had deflected to the side. As he got into striking range he quickly brought the sword across his body in a horizontal slash. The blade cut through the air, leaving a faint trail of white before biting into the monster's side. However, he made note of the fact it didn't cut as deep as it should, "So...this thing's got some resistance to attacks. However, other than that it appears to have nothing else special about it. It might be more beneficial for me to switch out to the Grand Blade should I get an opening."

Leaping back Calrex nodded to Tristan, "Let's focus on the closest one first!"

HP List:
Tristan: 65/65
Calrex: 93/93

Enemies:
Undead Guardian Zombie 1: 16/20 (6 DMG - 2 MIT)
Undead Guardian Zombie 2: 20/20
Undead Guardian Zombie 3: 20/20
Undead Guardian Zombie 4: 20/20

Edited by Calrex

ID 26412

MD 4 Miss

Tristan's used his Howl to get the attention of the monsters, as his collective thorns would hopefully make the fight end quicker as and when they hit him. Tristan could already guess that this would be a long fight and he was not very happy about that. At least when the enemies attacked though they missed too, leaving them both in the clear. "Well let's not be stuck in this fight for too long.".

Tristan 65/65 [Hate: 4]
Calrex 93/93 [Hate: 1]

Undead Guardian Zombie 16/20

ID: 26423
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8 (Disregarded Due to Item Switch)

"Yeah, definitely. Go ahead and keep them distracted for a second. I'm going to switch to a harder hitting weapon."

Acknowledging Tristan's <<Howl>> technique Calrex gave a calming breath as he swiped on his menu, pushing a few buttons as the Frozen Fang Blade vanished into his inventory, being replaced by the Grand Blade. He figured that in these next series of battles it's likely that he would have to be the attacker of the two, since Tristan's loadout definitely had him as the defender for the most part. Of course if there was a point that they needed to swap aggro he was able to quickly do so, even though he didn't have as powerful of a Thorns enhancement.

However, in this current fight they needed to end it as quickly as possible, meaning he would need to hit as hard as he could. Since the Grand Blade maximized on damage enhancements, it was the most suitable weapon for the job.

HP List:
(Hate: 4) Tristan: 65/65
(Hate: 1) Calrex: 93/93

Enemies:
Undead Guardian Zombie 1: 16/20

Edited by Calrex

ID 26431
BD 1 Miss
MD 5 Miss

Tristan nodded in acknowledgement and instead of attacking, protected Calrex from any attacks that may happen while he switched. The monster did try to attack the pair but they were harmlessly batted away by his shield so nothing occurred. He hoped with the stronger sword that they would the battle done with sooner, as there still the Banshee to fight.

Tristan 65/65 [Hate: 4]
Calrex 93/93 [Hate: 1]

Undead Guardian Zombie 16/20

ID: 26432
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7

The Grand Blade fully materialized in his hip sheath Calrex immediately acted as he rushed forward, weaving around Tristan as he executed a draw cut. The deep-sea blue blade became visible as it exited its scabbard, biting deep into the undead creature as he slid past from the momentum of his strike. Even with the increased defenses, the Grand Blade certainly dealt almost double the damage the Frozen Fang Blade had previously executed.

"Good, this will make the fights go by a little faster. If all of the creatures have the same health I should be able to take them down within three strikes, compared to the five I originally needed to use. I really need to look into finding some way of increasing the activation rate of my swords' status effects. If Oikawa's weapon was any indicator, there has to be some method of doing so."

"Alright good to go."

HP List:
(Hate: 4) Tristan: 65/65
(Hate: 2) Calrex: 93/93

Enemies:
Undead Guardian Zombie 1: 9/20 (9 DMG - 2 MIT)

Edited by Calrex

ID 26431
BD 2 Miss
MD 10 5-7=1 Flame Thorns activated, 2 damage & 2 turn DoT 1 damage

Tristan nodded in acknowledgement and instead of attacking, protected Calrex from any attacks that may happen while he switched. The monster did try to attack the pair but they were harmlessly batted away by his shield so nothing occurred. He hoped with the stronger sword that they would the battle done with sooner, as there still the Banshee to fight.

Tristan 61/65 [Hate: 4]
Calrex 93/93 [Hate: 2]

Undead Guardian Zombie 7/20 2/2 Burn
Undead Guardian Zombie 18/20 2/2 Burn

Edited by Tristan Delaney

ID: 26454
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10
Loot Dice: 5 (Search and Detect +2) = 7 (Using Non-Combat Guide Due To Lower Than Half Health / No Materials Found)

As the undead were knocked away by the critical strike reflect version of Tristan's Fire Thorns Calrex quickly used his <<Sprint>> ability to close the distance, homing in on the first and most damaged zombie. Quickly stepping in front of it Calrex brought his sword down as the creature was cleaved in two, dissipating into crystals. Giving a calming breath he turned and faced the other three creatures.

"Alright one down. Let's get rid of these ones."

HP List:
(Hate: 4) Tristan: 61/65
(Hate: 3) Calrex: 93/93

Enemies:
Undead Guardian Zombie 1: 0/20 (9 DMG - 2 MIT)

Edited by Calrex

ID 26462
BD 2 Miss
MD 7-3=4

Tristan was too busy being attacked by the enemies and then repelling them with his shield to take any action against the monsters attacking. The multiple foes struck his shield and bounced off, leaving him harmlessly untouched and had him breathe a sigh of relief. Tristan waited for his next attack along with Calrex's, whose damage output was impressive.

Tristan 61/65 [Hate: 4]
Calrex 93/93 [Hate: 3]

Undead Guardian Zombie 0/20

ID: 26464
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7

Focusing on the second zombie Calrex watched as Tristan's Fire Thorns Burn damage take effect as the creature's health dropped slightly from the damage over time. "Still not going to be fast enough..."

Rushing forward he flicked the Grand Blade into a reverse grip as he closed the distance, using his <<Sprint>> in the last few paces to built up momentum. As he got into striking range of the creature he quickly planted his stance, letting the energy built up from the burst of speed channel into his arm as he channeled his <<Martial Arts>> skill through his sword, thrusting forward with his sword arm so that the hand guard of the sword smashed into the creature's gut, knocking it back. As it was pushed away he quickly swung his back leg forward, rotating his body so that he managed to slice the creature across the upper body as it sailed away.

Giving a quick spin to switch back to a hammer grip Calrex nodded to Tristan, "It looks like our aggro levels might be about equalized. Alright then, I'd best be prepared for any potential attacks."

HP List:
(Hate: 4) Tristan: 61/65
(Hate: 4) Calrex: 93/93

Enemies:
Undead Guardian Zombie 1: 0/20
Undead Guardian Zombie 2: 11/20 (9 DMG - 2 MIT)
Undead Guardian Zombie 3: 18/20
Undead Guardian Zombie 4: 18/20

Edited by Calrex

ID 26466
BD 8 (5-2=3 damage, 2 Bleed activated)
MD 1

Tristan got bored of being only blocking and decided this time to strike. Luckily the monsters had a moment of confusion so crashed into each other, leaving them open to be attacked. Using the opportunity, Tristan stabbed the weakest one with his spear, which caused a gash in them and had them bleeding to death as well. Well, that was going to be one dead zombie sooner or later.

Tristan 61/65 [Hate: 6]
Calrex 93/93 [Hate: 4]

Undead Guardian Zombie 0/20
Undead Guardian Zombie 7
/20 1/2 Burn 2/2 Bleed
Undead Guardian Zombie 17/20 1/2 Burn
Undead Guardian Zombie 17/20 1/2 Burn

Edited by Tristan Delaney