PP - F10 Screams Within Tartarus <<Wail of the Banshee>> (Tristan) (Completed)

ID: 26467
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Disguise +1) = 6
Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2) = 10 (Using Non-Combat Guide Due To Lower Than Half Health / No Materials Found)

Immediately following Tristan's successful spear strike on the zombie was its death blow as Calrex circled around from behind the tall redhead as he brought the Grand Blade low, his sword sword hand close to his waist. At the same time his free hand was extended, palm open towards the creature. It was a simple hand positioning he had seen previously when self-studying techniques from the Filipino martial art of kali, mainly used for being able to quickly follow up with a hand strike immediately after a stabbing strike from a stick.

However, in this case the strike was a stab from his Grand Blade as the wide sword pierced through the creature to the other side before it immediately dissipated into crystals. Flicking his sword to the side like one would to flick blood off of it Calrex turned to face the third zombie, "Looks like switching weapons was a good call. Hopefully we can pick off these two fairly quickly so that we can get to the real fight."

HP List:
(Hate: 6) Tristan: 61/65
(Hate: 5) Calrex: 93/93

Enemies:
Undead Guardian Zombie 1: 0/20
Undead Guardian Zombie 2: 0/20 (9 DMG - 2 MIT)
Undead Guardian Zombie 3: 17/20
Undead Guardian Zombie 4: 17/20

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 26475
MD: 7-3=4 Miss

Tristan agreed, saying "I can only hope so too.". He brought the aggro back to him by using Howl, making the monsters attempt to attack him. The key here was attempt, as all the attacks deflected like nothing off his shield. Tristan grunted a bit as he blocked all the blows but didn't make much of it, waiting for Calrex to attack again.

HP List:
(Hate: 10) Tristan: 61/65
(Hate: 5) Calrex: 93/93

Enemies:
Undead Guardian Zombie 2: 0/20
Undead Guardian Zombie 3: 16/20
Undead Guardian Zombie 4: 16/20

ID: 26481
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3 / Disguise +1) = 8
<<Disguise>> Activated

"Geezes, that Block skill is certainly something else. I'm surprised that it even exists, since it goes fast past even the strongest enhancements to Evasion. I guess its no wonder that defenders and strikers alike take it. Although I have a feeling that once we reach the higher levels the monster that spawn might end up possessing more abilities to bypass that ability, so we'd best be careful."

As the monsters were deflected to the side by Tristan's Twinfire Reflector shield Calrex quickly rushed in, his blade trained on the third zombie.  Seeing the creature preparing to dodge he quickly executed his <<Disguise>> skill, shifting his appearance to take on the appearance of Lowenthal, throwing the creature off for just the right amount of time. Quickly closing the distance with his <<Sprint>> skill once again he quickly flicked the Grand Blade into a reverse grip before weaving his body right then left, swiftly dealing an X slash across the monster before leaping back, "Alright, if Tristan is able to score a hit that guardian should go down on my next hit. Then that only leaves the last zombie before we engage the Banshee. Tristan's health hasn't taken much of a hit at all, but of course we should probably play it safe and heal up if there's time."

HP List:
(Hate: 10) Tristan: 61/65
(Hate: 6) Calrex: 93/93

Enemies:
Undead Guardian Zombie 3: 9/20 (9 DMG - 2 MIT)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 26490
Battle Dice: 5 (Disguise +1) = 6
MD: 3 Miss
CD: 3 Healing 3 activated

Tristan decided to do the same Calrex and used Disguise to hit the opponent and damage one of the zombies. He was not the only one with the skill and made it evident with this attack. Sadly however due to the properties of his spear his damage was rather pitiful compared to Calrex, which was a bit disappointing. Tristan regardless readied himself for the next attack.

HP List:
(Hate: 12) Tristan: 64/65 Disguise 12/12
(Hate: 6) Calrex: 93/93 Disguise 12/12

Enemies:
Undead Guardian Zombie 3: 6/20 (5 DMG - 2 MIT)

ID: 26518
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +2) = 3 (Using Non-Combat Guide Due To Lower Than Half Health / No Materials Found)

As the illusion faded Calrex watched as Tristan executed his own version of the <<Disguise>> skill, giving a small smirk from underneath the stoic appearance of his helmet, "I remember Lowenthal mentioned that Tristan had used the Disguise skill when he was fighting alongside him. Still, it's interesting to know that I'm not the only one carrying it. Everyone I've seen so far have used Concentration instead. It's kind of funny to think that two of the 'defenders' in SAO both have it."

Quickly following up on Tristan's successful strike he quickly dashed in, crouching low before leaping sightly upwards, sending the Grand Blade point first through the zombie's head before pinning it to the ground. Immediately following it the creature burst into crystals as Calrex quickly extracted the tip of his sword from the ground, facing the final guardian, "Alright, last one."

HP List:
(Hate: 10) Tristan: 64/65
(Hate: 7) Calrex: 93/93

Enemies:
Undead Guardian Zombie 3: -1/20 (9 DMG - 2 MIT)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 26551
Battle Dice: 9
MD: 8-3=5 Miss

Tristan wasted no time to pierce the next foe as one was felled, spear cutting the enemy and making them have a open gash to bleed from. He was happy with the momentum they now had, as it meant this last enemy would be dead soon. The enemy came in to attack with a potentially wounding strike, but Tristan blocked it and thus was safe from all harm.

HP List:
(Hate: 15) Tristan: 64/65 Disguise 11/12
(Hate: 7) Calrex: 93/93 Disguise 11/12

Enemies:
Undead Guardian Zombie 3: 0/20
Undead Guardian Zombie 4: 12/20 Bleed 2/2 (5+1-2 damage, Bleed activated) 

ID: 26564
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6

Seeing Tristan deftly deflect yet another strike from the final zombie Calrex gave a nod before quickly rushing in. As he sprinted towards the creature he flicked his blade into a reverse grip, bringing his arm close to his body. Coming into striking range Calrex quickly shifted his stance so that his sword arm was forward. Turning his wrist so that it was facing upwards he brought his arm from left to right, cutting diagonally upwards before following up with a forward thrust kick, causing the creature to stumble backwards.

"Alright, one more strike should finish it. After that is the banshee. Although if this fight was any indicator that should be fairly easy as well. Heh, this kind of reminds me when I went on the Essence of Steel quest with Ssendom. The first time I took it on was on my own and I held my ground fairly well, but with him it almost seemed unfair to the creature."

HP List:
(Hate: 10) Tristan: 64/65 (Disguise Recharge: 11/12)
(Hate: 7) Calrex: 93/93 (Disguise Recharge (10/12)

Enemies:
Undead Guardian Zombie 4: 5/20 (Bleed 2/2) (9 DMG - 2 MIT)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 26601
Battle Dice: 8

CD 12 Heal 3

LD 19, 1 Mat obtained.

Tristan decided to clean up the job, the bleed and a thrust with his spear damaging and then killing the last foe. Well that wasn't so bad, was it? He smiled and looked at Calrex saying "With the ease that was, I think we will deal with the Banshee just fine.". He waited to see how long it would take for it to arrive.

HP List:
Tristan: 65/65 (Disguise Recharge: 10/12)
Calrex: 93/93 (Disguise Recharge (10/12)

Enemies:
Undead Guardian Zombie 4: 0/20 Bleed 1/2 (5-2=3 damage, +2 bleed)

As Tristan eliminated the final guardian Calrex gave a sigh of relief before sheathing the Grand Blade, nodding in agreement, "Yeah it definitely should. From what I remember of the intel we'd best be careful about the banshee when she scores a critical hit however, as it apparently bypasses armor. I don't believe that should be a consistent case, but of course you never know."

Swiping on his inventory Calrex traded out the Grand Blade once again in favor of the Frozen Fang Blade, "From what I remember the banshee shouldn't have any damage mitigation, but due to it being a creature that doesn't touch the ground it's more mobile, meaning that I should probably try and inflict Paralyze on it if I can."

"Alright, I'm about ready to go. Need to make any preparations?"

Edited by Calrex

"Good to go. Let's do this."

Giving a calming breath Calrex let his <<Reveal>> skill activate as he scanned the cavern to check and see if the Banshee had spawned. The landscape began to turn transparent, but before the skill could fully activate his suspicions were confirmed when he heard an almost blood-curdling level scream, "Looks like it's game time."

ID: 26647
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 10 (+1 Damage / Paralyze and Bleed Activation)
Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +2) = 2

The Banshee materialized a few paces away as Calrex quickly drew the Frozen Fang Blade from its sheath as he used his <<Sprint>> skill to quickly close the distance. As he got into striking range the wolf symbol seemed to animate, as if it was letting out a howl as the blade's edge seemed to turn jagged, looking like it was carved out of ice itself. Swinging his arm across in a reverse grip horizontal cut the blade bit deep into the creature as the edge seemed to rip across. Instead of the usual light blue slash in the air, there was a streak of white before turning into a flash of lightning.

Leaping back Calrex made note that both of the status effects he had placed on the sword had taken effect, Bleed and Paralyze. "Alright, go for it!"

HP List:
(Hate: 0) Tristan: 65/65 (Disguise Recharge: 9/12)
(Hate: 2) Calrex: 93/93 (Disguise Recharge: 9/12)

Enemies:
Banshee: 93/100 (Paralyzed Until Next Turn / Bleed 2/2 Turns Remaining) (6 DMG + 1 Critical)

Banshee Stats:

HP: 100
DMG: 8
ACC: 0
EVA: 2

Special Abilities:
Ignores Armor Mitigation on critical hit (9-10 on natural roll)
Banshee Screech: On a natural 10 Banshee will also scream, Paralyzing all players for 1 turn)
Edited by Calrex

ID: 26649
Battle Dice: 5 (Evasion +2) = 3 Miss

Tristan was going to go in for the attack, but due to the darkness of the cave, he tripped on a rock and had to correct himself to not fall Sadly this meant he lost his opportunity to attack and sighed, readying himself to attack again as it was paralysed. Mistakes happened though, so he was not going to beat himself up over it. Tristan considered if to attack or howl for his next move among other things.

HP List:

Enemies:
Banshee: 93/100 (Paralyzed Until Next Turn / Bleed 2/2 Turns Remaining)

ID: 26650
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2 (Removed Due to Paralyze)) = 4 (Critical Fail)
Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +2) = 5 (Disregarded Due to Paralyze)

Calrex prepared to rush in once again, but as he got into striking range he swung with his sword, his grip actually loosening for a second to his surprise. Breaking his stance he stumbled a few paces to make sure the Frozen Fang Blade didn't fly completely out of his hand. At the same time the jagged edge that had appeared during his previous critical attack seemed to revert back to the smooth straight edge, "I guess I've still got to get used to this thing. The sword is certainly much wider than either the Grand Blade or Grand Maelstrom, and it seems that the game replicates the weight respectively. So to some level it is like wielding something the weight of a two-handed sword with one hand."

Luckily enough the banshee was still paralyzed for a little bit longer, taking a couple points of damage from Calrex's previous Bleed-inducing hit. Nodding to Tristan he gave a calming breath as he flicked his sword into a hammer grip, making sure his grasp around it was solid. "It should be getting up fairly soon, be careful."

HP List:
(Hate: 2) Calrex: 93/93 (Disguise Recharge: 8/12)

Enemies:
Banshee: 91/100 (Paralyze End / Bleed 1/2 Turns Remaining) (-2 Bleed DMG)

Edited by Calrex

(Clarified with zero and edited enhancement guide, paralysis removes evasion)
ID: 26655
Battle Dice: 7, 5 Damage

Tristan noticed Calrex too was having trouble with hitting the opponent, but didn't make much of it as we all make mistakes. Tristan readied himself to strike again, nodding to what Calrex said about the paralysis and jumping forward with his spear. The spear pierced the fiend and damaged it, which made him smile and wait for Calrex's attack.

HP List:
(Hate: 2) Tristan: 65/65 (Disguise Recharge: 9/12)

Enemies:
Banshee: 86/100 (Paralyzed Until Next Turn / Bleed 2/2 Turns Remaining)

Edited by Tristan Delaney

OOC: Awesome :)

ID: 26657
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 4
Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +2) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

Watching as Tristan successfully pierced the banshee Calrex gave a nod as he rushed forward, swinging the Frozen Fang Blade in a diagonal arc in an attempt to strike across the creature. Unfortunately, the high mobility of the creature allowed it to easily weave around the strike, his blade barely grazing the ground.

At the same time the fiend quickly flew forward, scratching Calrex across the back. However, its talon-like nails seemed to glance off of the Grand Chariot as the armor held fast. The attack provoked the Thorns ability of the armor as the light blue aura chains wrapped around the chestplate before exploding, sending shards at the monster.

Recovering from his attack Calrex nodded to Tristan as he flicked the Frozen Fang Blade into a reveres grip, giving a calming breath, "That thing is fairly quick. Let's see if either of us can possibly stun it. It certainly seems like Tristan's spear is enhanced with Paralyze, so if either of us can do so possible we can keep it stunned for a while."

HP List:
(Hate: 2) Tristan: 65/65 (Disguise Recharge: 8/12)
(Hate: 2) Calrex: 92/93 (Disguise Recharge: 7/12) (8 DMG - 7 MIT)

Enemies:
Banshee: 83/100 (Bleed End) (-2 Bleed / -1 Thorns)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 26655
Battle Dice: 2 Miss

Tristan too had hoped that with his attack he would strike the foe to stun it much like Calrex had before. Sadly though this darkness was clearly affecting his aim, since he missed again, which frustrated him. He only hoped that the boss would strike him too if necessary as his thorns would damage the foe considerably, though that all depended on the aggro they currently have with this monster.

HP List:
(Hate: 2) Tristan: 65/65 (Disguise Recharge: 9/12)
(Hate: 2) Calrex: 92/93 (Disguise Recharge: 9/12)

Enemies:
Banshee: 83/100 (Paralyzed Until Next Turn / Bleed 1/2 Turns Remaining)

ID: 26661
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 11 (+2 Damage / Paralyze and Bleed Activation)
Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +2) = 3

Watching as Tristan's spear jab also harmless flew by the Banshee as it weaved around the strike Calrex gave a calming breath and focused his senses, locking his eyes on the creature as it shifted left and right through the air as if it were being pulled by the tug of a string, "It's movements certainly are different than any other creatures I've encountered so far, probably because all of them had to use the ground or some surface to move. This one seems to have no restrictions in terms of movement other than...momentum..."

Observing the creature a few seconds longer Calrex saw that it took a quick second or two to build up enough speed for aerial maneuvers. Keeping the Frozen Fang Blade in a reveres grip he quickly used his <<Sprint>> ability to close the distance, but instead of the usual windup of his attack he delayed it until the last moment, "In order for it to successfully dodge the attack it must be able to see it coming, or the AI needs to pick up on some kind of trajectory for the attack. If I delay it until the last second..."

Leaning his body forward another swipe from the fiend flew over his head as he swung his body in a 180 degree rotation, his sword coming inches away from striking. At this point the sword had taken on the more jagged, fierce appearance as the icicle-like edge overtook the straight steel appearance, biting deep into the creature before exiting. The fiend gave a light wail in pain as Calrex quickly followed up his strike, pushing with his free hand against the end of his sword, driving the tip through in a impaling thrust. Quickly extracting it he leapt back, taking note of the now re-established Paralyze and Bleed effects, "Alright, go for it. She's not going anywhere anytime soon."

HP List:
(Hate: 2) Tristan: 65/65 (Disguise Recharge: 7/12)
(Hate: 4) Calrex: 92/93 (Disguise Recharge: 6/12)

Enemies:
Banshee: 75/100 (Paralyzed Until Next Turn / Bleed 2/2 Turns Remaining) (6 DMG + 2 Critical)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 26662
Battle Dice: 10

Tristan nodded to Calrex's prompt, using the paralysed monster to then attack it in its weakest spot while they couldn't move. Tristan buried the spear into them and pulled it out, dealing damage along with the status effects. It was a shame the status effects didn't stack, or that monster would have been in a real pickle. Either way, he damaged it considerably so was somewhat happy and returned to waiting for Calrex to attack, since the Banshee was still paralysed.

HP List:
(Hate: 5) Tristan: 65/65 (Disguise Recharge: 6/12)

Enemies:
Banshee: 68/100 (Paralyzed Until Next Turn / Bleed 2/2 Turns Remaining) (5 DMG + 2 Critical)

ID: 26696
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2 (Disregarded Due to Paralyze)) = 5
Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +2) = 7 (Disregarded Due to Paralyze)

Seeing Tristan follow up with his own critical strike Calrex gave a nod as he saw the double effect of Paralyze Bleed persist, "Good, it looks like Tristan equipped a status inducing weapon as well. If we can persist out critical strikes, this creature shouldn't even have a chance to act."

Rushing forward he readied the Frozen Fang Blade in preparation for another strike. Unfortunately, as he got into striking range he saw the fierce jagged edge revert back to the straight configuration once again, a signal that the effect would not trigger. At the same time his attack barely missed, flying over the Banshee's head as Calrex cursed under his breath. Leaping back he flicked the blade back into a reveres grip, readying for his next opening to strike, "I don't know why, but it seems like the swords I wield seem to trigger their status effects when I'm wielding them in a icepick grip. Is that just coincidence, or possibly something that is a part of the entire game system?"

HP List:
(Hate: 4) Calrex: 92/93 (Disguise Recharge: 5/12)

Enemies:
Banshee: 66/100 (Paralyzed Until Next Turn / Bleed 1/2 Turns Remaining) (-2 Bleed DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 26711
Battle Dice: 1

Tristan went in for another attack but the darkness played with his eyes again. A rock on the ground which he couldn't see made him trip half way through a lunge, so he had to correct his stance to not fall and thus missed his attack. Sighing, he readied himself to attack again after Calrex and waited to hopefully do a follow up strike. This banshee was being somewhat fickle with hitting it, though it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

HP List:

Enemies:
Banshee: 66/100 (Paralyzed Until Next Turn / Bleed 1/2 Turns Remaining)