F4: The Wanderer's Forge - Blacksmith (Special Order Only, Tell me what you want made.)

I caught the gauntlets out of the air and gawked at them.  They felt nicely weighted.  I slipped them on and flexed my fingers.  They were rather comfortable, and I received the impression I could break boulders (ironically I received the skill from doing so).  Thankfully they were an armour item, so I had no need to unequip Cobra.

I laughed as Chewie rocketed towards me yet again, and turned to answer Mack, "Yeah, these'll do perfect, thanks. How much for them?" I asked, dreading the price

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carambit pushed the door open and stepped happily into the store. He had gathered his 5 materials promised to Mack for a new sword and he was beyond excited to finally receive it. He hunted around with his eyes for the built man who owned the store, and it wasn't long before he spotted him. "Mack! Hey! I've got the materials I needed for the sword! 3 Boar Hides and 2 Iron Ore!" he couldn't help but smile, proud of himself for what he'd accomplished. "I'll trade them over to you and we can get this all sorted out." he said, beginning to bring up his inventory.

"Those will work just fine," Mack rumbled in response to Carambit when he said he had the crafting materials to pay for his blade. Reaching around underneath one of the display tables, Mack retrieved what initially seemed to be no more than a simple tube made of mahogany wood, the seam between the hilt of the sword and the sheath being so fine that it was nearly invisible. "This is the Entling, or simply Entling," he continued, passing the wooden tube over to Carambit to inspect. "It has the accuracy and damage enhancements you asked for. Assuming you find no issue with the blade, we can complete our transaction."

"If you've not taken a profession yet, then become an alchemist or a tailor, the Blades have nobody in either of those jobs and we need someone to fill them," Mack rumbled, in response to Grave. If he could get one of his fellow Council Members in the Crimson Blades to take on a profession that the guild was currently lacking in exchange for a rare item from the forge then the burly blonde blacksmith would consider it a trade well worth making. The guild bank and war chest needed to be built up in every area, including light armor and potions and crystals and currently, there was very little available in those areas.

Crafting Attempts (27 August):

ID: 29032
CD: 8 (7+1) - Uncommon Item - One-Handed Spear (In Approval)
XP: 3

ID: 29033
CD: 13 (12+1) - Smithing Anvil
XP: 8

ID: 29034
CD: 3 (2+1) - (Fail)
XP: 2

ID: 29035
CD: 11 (10+1) - Rare Item - One Handed Curved Sword (In Approval)
XP: 6

ID: 29036
CD: 3 (2+1) - (Fail)

ID: 29037
CD: 9 (8+1) - Uncommon Item - One-Handed Warhammer - In Approval
XP: 4

TOTAL XP: 25

"Um... Well, you see, I'm a Cook now."  I replied, my cheeks growing slightly rosy. "Unsure as to whether that's useful to CB at all." I pondered, scratching my cheek as I abbreviated the guild's name.  Sure, I could cook food with sweet buffs and all... But that's only if I could cook something in the first place!

Then I had a bright-spark idea. "You know what, I'll treat you to something tasty at my diner, graciously named after our guild on the Third Floor, in return.  Sound nice?" I offered, a mischievous grin clawing at the corners of my mouth to express itself.

Carambit held up the sword and inspected it. The weapon was a lot heavier than it appeared, considering how thin it was. It was very easy to swing, and the mahogany wood felt very smooth to the touch. "Mack, this is perfect! Thank you so very much!" Carambit completed the transaction happily and equipped his new sword. "Keep up amazing work like this and I'll come back to you for every piece of equipment I'll ever need! I'm sure I'll come back for a set of light armor some day soon, provided I don't get one as a cool drop from a monster." Carambit smiled. "Thanks again, Mack. I'm gonna go try this out. If you ever find yourself in need of some materials, shoot me a message and I'll gladly go hunting for you!" he extended a hand to the big man to shake. Carambit had decided that Mack was definitely a good guy to keep in contact with.

"Sounds good, and I'm glad you like the weapon," the blonde man said in reply to Carambit, taking the offered hand and shaking it. "But, if you're after light armor you'll have to speak with a tailor, blacksmith's can't forge it. Heavy armor, weapons and shields, I can do those and I'm always happy to take any extra mats off your hands, mats are better that col for the most part and worth more too." Mack rolled his head around on his neck, popping it with several audible noises. "Anything else I can do for you?"

Edited by Mack

"Right, you just mentioned that," Mack said to Grave, lacing his fingers together and cracking all of his knuckles. It was just as well that Grave had that job anyway, he was the only chef in the guild. He also considered the trade proposed by Grave with a penetrating grey-eyed stare for a moment before slowly nodding his head. "Deal, but you have to feed Chewie too, and you owe the Guild bank... three single use snack items of uncommon or better quality. We need to build up the Crimson Blades' war chest. We'll need all that stuff soon enough."

Carambit was intimidated by the neck cracking, but shrugged it off. "Well, that should be it then. Shame you can't do light armor, because I'm not into wearing heavy stuff. I prefer evasion to mitigation. Prefer to be a little more free moving than heavy armor will allow." Carambit released the handshake on fear of his hand being destroyed and began to move for the door, waving back over his shoulder, very excited to try out his new weapon "Thanks again, Mack! I'm sure I'll catch you again soon!"

I gulped when I heard the offer, "Th-three uncommons or better?!  I've tried my hand at cooking stuff six times already, and only one was a success, and it wasn't even uncommon!  But... I guess I'll just have to try my best to pay for your services." I finished, my voice shaking in bewilderment and fear.  How was I going to get three uncommons, let alone one?!  Mack drove a hard bargain for a beginner Cook!

I turned from the counter and made my way to the exit, throwing a wave over my shoulder.  I was definitely going to be coming back for more and more services... The smith better have repayed the favour.

Transaction:

+1 Warvan's Sons

Edited by Grave

"Carambit, wait a second," Mack called, after thinking about the possibility of adding the brown-haired warrior to the Crimson Blades. It was certainly true that the guy was a low-level player. But, it also had to be admitted that Alex and Shirosu were both even lower level than Carambit was. "I'm the Grandmaster of the Crimson Blades, if you're looking to join a guild we'd be happy to take you on as a recruit. If you're interested I can enroll you now and set you up with your guild amulet and cloak, then you'll need to speak to Grave as he'll be the one to handle your training."

"Just put what you can into the guild bank when you can, and we'll call it square," Mack said in a low rumbling tone. Sometimes the hulking blonde forgot that not everyone was as advanced in their professions as he was in his. It occurred to the grey-eyed blacksmith, though, that there was something else he needed to discuss with Grave. "Also, before I forget... you'll probably get a message from a player named Carambit. He's a new Guild Recruit that I enrolled earlier today. Training him up to the rank of soldier will be your responsibility. Xion, Beoreson, and I already have recruits that we're responsible for, so this one's yours and the next one will go to Lindow. Probably."

Edited by Mack

Vasth had went out since Mack was busy,now he was back,he saw a lighting coloured object so he went over and saw his legging,Vasth looked smiled Finally He thought,he placed 300 Col and the leggings was sent to his inventory, Vasth looked up to Mack and said

"Thanks Man,Here 300 Col."

Received

Name: Leggings of the Lighting Dragon 

Item Type: Armor

Quality: Perfect

Enchantments: +1 Dmg Mit +2 Thorn.

Description: A Lighting Coloured Leggings,The Armor Legging Of The Lighting DragonKnight. 

Edited by Vasth

"I'd be honored, Mack!" Carambit exclaimed. He was ecstatic to finally be extended such an offer to join someone in their journey. He had never been invited to join a party, a guild, or any other group prior to this, and he wouldn't let this chance to make new friends and form stronger bonds pass him by "I'll talk to that Grave guy at once, and organize a meeting to get started." Carambit continued toward the entrance to the tent before halting again and turning back around "Thanks Mack, I hope I won't let you down!"

Crafting Attempts (28 August)

ID: 29254
CD: 7 (6+1) - Good Item - Shield
XP: 3 (2+1)

ID: 29255
CD: 2 (1+1) - Fail
XP: 2 (1+1)

ID: 29256
CD: 7 (6+1) - Good Item - Shield
XP: 3 (2+1)

ID: 29257
CD: 9 (8+1) - Uncommon Item (TBD)
XP: 4 (3+1)

ID: 29258
CD: 12 (11+1) - Perfect Item - Tools - TBD
XP: 9 (8+1)

ID: 29259
CD: 8 (7+1) - Uncommon Item (TBD)
XP: 4 (3+1)

TOTAL XP: 25

Crafting Attempts: 1 September

ID: 29877
CD: 2 (1+1) - Fail

ID: 29878
CD: 4 (3+1) - Bad Item - Ceremonial Bearded Axe
LD: 8 - Salvage Fail
XP: 3

ID: 29879
CD: 11 (10+1) - RARE ITEM
XP: 6

ID: 29890
CD: 7 (6+1) - Good Item - Chainmail Shirt

ID: 29891
CD: 13 (12+1) - PERFECT ITEM
XP: 9

ID: 29892
CD: 8 (7+1) - UNCOMMON ITEM

TOTAL XP: 28

Kiseki wandered into Mack's forge. It's been a while since the last encounter. As of now Kiseki wore new leather armor that was sleeveless. A terrible idea since he entered a floor filled with snow. Even though Kiseki has the brand new armor that'll remain useful for a while, he still had the basic scimitar that needs to be replaced. As he waits for Mack, he'd wander around the forge and look at the gear that has been made. A falcata managed to catch Kiseki's eye. It was the only curved sword he noticed so far. Though Kiseki has other preferences, if this is the only curved sword available as of this moment, Kiseki will make himself deal with it. He now looks around until he sees Mack.

"Something I can help you find, Kiseki," Mack asked, looking up from his work at the forge as a blast of chilled air momentarily rushed into the warmth of the forge tent when Kiseki entered through the tent's flap. Sensing that there were people about, in a way that only a bear cub truly could, Chewie poked his black nosed snout out from around the forge. Then the bear cub bellowed a war cry and came charging around the side of the forge only to try and cut a corner too sharp and tumble end over end before coming to rest upside down as he was propped against Kiseki's legs.

"Yea. Did anybody request this sword?" Kiseki asked. He didn't mind Mack's bear cub standing besides him. "I have enough Col for it. I just need a new blade for quests in the future." Kiseki wanted a custom order, but he wanted to hurry up and get a sword to go back to training. He's already gained a couple levels since the last time he and Mack met. Clearly he was progressing. Because of that, he needs new gear. Even though he'd prefer other swords, this is the best he can get at the moment. Mack is also the only player he knows as well.