[OP]-The beginning (Comepleted) [F1]

ID:28418

BD: 9+1=10 (I'm not cheating I swear)

Mack=3

Koumori=4

"I wouldn't be so sure of yourself just yet" I said in response to Mack's attempt to anger me. It wasn't going to work my head was still too much in the game. But he didn't attack again. He left an opening for me, an opening I had to take. This time I thought I'd get him back for that sucker punch he gave me. As he made the comment about my clothes I readied myself and clocked him as hard as I could right in the nose. He didn't have quite the response that I did when it happened to me, but I was satisfied nonetheless. It hurt I could tell. "As much as I'd like to give you a witty comeback to that one, you're right my clothes totally suck. Anyway, looks like I'm in the lead."

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 28421
BD: 6 (5+1)
Mack: 4
Koumori: 4

While it was true that Mack's head snapped back a little bit from the force of Koumori's punch it wasn't as if the nose was broken or the brown haired kid had managed to knock the considerably larger man down. Again. No, just as the word "lead" escaped from Koumori's lips a ham sized fist slammed into the kid's mouth, snapping his head back. That would shut him up for awhile. Except for the fact that it probably wouldn't. Holding out his left hands, Mack curled his fingers and gestured at Koumori in an unmistakable gesture that said, "come and get it."

ID:28422

BD:6+1=7

Mack= 4

Koumori = 5 Win

Mack's response to my goading was a little less than orthodox. Instead of verbal abuse I was met with a fist, to the face, again. Could this guy really only punch me in the face. It was getting tiring, plus it hurt quite a bit. Once the stars stopped spinning in my vision I decided i was going to end the fight right there. Mack was giving me a come and get it look and someone was definitely going to get it alright. But for some reason I felt like it would be especially hard to hit him this time. I knew I could do it, and I wanted to have fun with it. Id throw in my patented sarcasm. Without giving that idea as much thought as I should have, I lunged toward Mack and pointed over his left shoulder "Hey look, an Eagle" I yelled. I had a pretty sure feeling that Mack didn't actually look but I could tell because I was too busy driving my fist between his legs. I delivered a devastating blow to his, well you know, and his pride. I was fighting the urge to scream out, it was finally done and I had one. I could actually back up what I was saying. Having won the fight, they'd know I wasn't just some worthless disrespectful punk with a motor mouth. I'm sure Mack's reputation wouldn't be damaged in the slightest, but mine wasn't ruined. But I soon realized Mack would probably be really pissed about the low blow I just delivered so I leaped backwards a few steps before speaking. "Looks like I was able to cash in all my checks after all" I turned to the stands and yelled "Hey everybody, the fights over, let's see what we can do about that injured player" I was about to walk up to them when I remembered Mack. At the very least I had to be a good sport. I walked over to him and extended my hand "Good duel, we were pretty evenly matched"

Edited by Koumori

OOC: Oh, you'll see... :) You can decide if it costs a single HP or if it's just something funny/petty.

ID: 28425
BD: 6 (5+1)

Having been attacked by an eagle once before, the blonde man flinched and started to turn his head in the direction Koumori had pointed in over his shoulder. Then the little cheap shotting snot rag punched him in the groin. Mack's eyes really did water that time and he dropped to the ground as Koumori quickly turned to get out of range, which was probably a wise decision as the blacksmith went from in pain to enraged in a remarkably short space of time. Still, a bet was a bet. Still down on the ground, Mack opened his inventory and got a bag full of a thousand col to pay off the loss. As the little toe rag turned around and opened his mouth Mack flung the hefty money bag at Koumori with all of his considerable strength.

The brown leather sack sailed straight and true and slammed full force into Koumori's face, exploding in a shower of col that would take the brown-haired teen a good bit of time to pick up, if he wanted all of it. "Your winnings," Mack said, rising to his feet and producing Guillotine from his inventory, which he leaned on for support and gave considerable serious thought to lodging in the dead center of Koumori's brain.

Rose remained asleep for the rest of the fight. Only shifting around once or twice when the two where getting fairly loud. Then the sound of yelling and the crashing of Col made her wake up. Yawning tiredly, she sat up and rubbed her eyes. "It's over?" She yawned again before getting up sleepily.

Her hair was messy from sleep and she kept rubbing her right eye. "who won?" She called, her voice lower then normal from sleep. Rose had a alto sounding voice when she spoke normally but it would become lower from sleep but not by much. 

The fight continued regardless of Grave's words, and since Takao wasn't looking to cause any more strife among the already high-strung members of their sundry group, he didn't press the matter any further and opted to watch. When it finally had concluded, he applauded and exhaled a light cheer, then stood up as the col was flung toward Koumori. The brunet stared briefly, then glanced back to Rose who had just woken up. He'd taken notice of her sudden desire to sleep and felt envious when he compared how light of a sleeper he was to her, who demonstrated how capable she was with sleeping through their ruckus. "Yep, they're done." He glanced back at the col on the ground and furrowed his eyebrows some. "...Maybe."

With the interest of preventing any fights from continuing, he decided to speak up, his voice just loud enough for nearly everybody in the amphitheater to hear. "So, should we go check out whatever that injured player was talking about?"

The fight continued, regardless of Grave and my concerns to tend to the wounded player. I turned to Grave and said "Barbarians", as I nodded my head towards the two fighting. I then proceeded back up to the injured player, who was still awake and jittery. I sat down across from him and looked around the Amphitheatre. I saw Rose sleeping. If only I could sleep through such an event. I looked down to see some of the finishing blows dealt. I smiled. Koumori had one. I guessed that the old saying, "Don't judge a book by it's cover" still applied. Rose had awoken and her hair was a mess. She had wanted to know who the victor of the two brutes were. "Koumori won" I said, answering her question. I looked to the sky. It had to be anywhere from 10 to 11 pm. I walked down the stairs. "Gentlemen" I began. Today has been one thrilling day. But I say that we get our roughed up guest to somewhere he can feel safe. And seeing as how it is night and we need our guest to point out the location of the dungeon on the map, I say that we find a place to bunk up for the night. What do the rest of you think?..."

(It'll waste time if I pick all the money up, so I'm just gonna put it in my inventory)

Jerk. I knew that he wouldn't be happy with me but that was entirely unnecessary. I stood there for a few seconds after the bag hit me in the face, my hand still hovering unaccepted in the air. I was going to offer him to keep the col, but now I was second guessing it. Thankfully I didn't actually have to pick the coins up one by one so I bent down and added the pile to my inventory. Then I brought up the menu again and rematerialized 800 of the col back in the bag. I tossed it at Mack's feet and turned to walk away. "You can have most of it back, I don't feel right taking it from you...well throwing it at me convinced me to take some." I exited the stage and went into the stands with everybody else. I walked past most of them, noticing Rose's bed head (were we that boring) and went to the injured player. I kneeled down next to him and said "I'm in the dark here, but we'll help you out" I heard Abalasster say something about us all getting an inn and immediately approved of the idea. I was getting tired and could use a rest. "Sounds good to me. Anybody know a place nearby? Mines all the way across town" I made my way over to the gathering at looked at the other new guy I noticed earlier. "I'm sorry who are you?" I asked in an almost accusatory voice. It was probably something left over from the fight, but I didn't care if he was offended. 

Mack added the col back to his own inventory before getting back to his feet and taking a few deep breaths. On the one hand, he knew that the pain from the groin shot was all in his head, on the other he was well aware of the fact that the brain's interpretation of pain could still cause pain even where none existed. Quietly, he made his way over to the injured player and then stood behind everyone else, taking in the situation. As nearly as he could see, there was no reason why they shouldn't all immediately set out to go and address the situation. If they didn't then they might miss out on the opportunity for loot if someone else beat them to it.

"I say we go now before another group of players beats up to the loot and experience points to be gained from clearing the dungeon," the large blonde man rumbled from behind everyone. "No point in wasting time."

"I agree with Mack." I piped up.  Tackling a dungeon sounded fun, and hopefully would have given Koumori and Mack a chance to work together.  Those two were just plain trouble in one place, but you never know what could happen.

I turned to face Takao across the arena and called to him,  "Hey, Takao, you wanna take on the dungeon with us? Or is that too little for you?" I teased, gauging his reaction.

(In the dungeon, I will only have Severance and I'll only be level 10, otherwise it won't be very coherent with other threads)

Edited by Grave

Beoreson seeing that the small fry had beaten Mack was slightly surprised. He had expected the blond soldier to at least tie with the other man. Beoreson heard some talk about a dungeon, and had his interest peeked. "Can I tag along with you guys?" asks the raven haired warrior as he equips Viper's Kiss. He hadn't been on a dungeon crawl in a while. "I'm okay with the one handed straight sword, and am level 8" says the warrior as he gets ready for his next dungeon crawl.

Rose yawned as she headed over to the group of guys. Hearing that they where thinking about going to the dungeon, she shrugged. "I don't mind, just know that I don't have any pratice with my sword or fighting in genral." She got closer to them and added. "I only signed up here a few hours ago." Rubbing her eyes and combing through her hair to get the tangles out, Rose was finally looking up at the men.

Takao glanced across the gathering that had somehow seemed to grow even larger. He didn't appear to have any issues with the growing crowd, as it would only make their dungeon crawl that much safer. He turned his attention to Grave, who had addressed him, and responded with a slight shrug. "I don't mind tagging along. It'll be better to have a few higher level players there if it's trapped, just so nobody else gets hurt. Plus I haven't heard about this dungeon before, so it'll be a good opportunity to get some fresh map data... and speaking of which." Takao said, then turned his attention over to Abalasster. "Did he happen to hand over any of the dungeon's map data? It'd be helpful to not going in totally blind."

"He said that he could point out the position of the dungeon if he had a map. So, I suggest that we go and find ourselves a map. Then we find the dungeon. Since we are split about when to attack, I have a proposal. When we find the dungeon, I and 2 others go outside the dungeon and make sure no one else comes and tries to raid it, while the others rest. We all need physical rest and some of us need to rest our pride". I said the last part smiling. All of us should have known what I was hinting at. "So, anyone want to volunteer to sit outside of the dungeon with me?" I was wondering where we would find a map. I hadn't gotten one from the launch and if I did, I didn't know how to open it up...

It seemed like the idea of going to an inn was immediately scrapped. I had been initially in favor of the idea, but I couldn't disagree with the reasoning of the others. Plus I'd be kidding myself if I thought I'd be able to fall asleep, I may have felt tired right after  the fight but now I was ready to go. My second wind usually came at night anyway. Just then Aballaster suggested that we go to the dungeon and keep a look out while those who want to rest could do so. That sounded like a good plan to me. Besides I was also a little concerned about Rose. She fell asleep during the fight so she was probably feeling tired. Well in any case I'd be staying up. "That sounds fine by me. I'll go with you then." I wondered who else would stay out with us and silently prayed Mack wasn't among them. More importantly thought, I wondered what lie ahead in he dungeon. This guy looked like he was wiped out, whatever was inside couldn't have been easy. We probably shouldn't get too cocky. 

"Yes, let's send Mr. Nut Shot out to guard the entrance to the dungeon. We won't need his insight for planning the best way to go about tackling this obstacle," Mack rumbled, deliberately clapping Koumori on the back and enough force to stagger the smaller warrior. "I'd recommend Grave for the other guard. I know Beoreson has had some kind of real world military training, as have I, so his insight will be valuable for the planning and Takao, as the highest level player in our group we'll need your insight as well." Mack looked around at the assembled group, meeting the eyes of everyone there, though he deliberately looked over Koumori's head as if the brown-haired kid wasn't there. "If that's settled, let's get the data shared, and get moving. Also, I'll have that amulet back now, Nut Job," Mack rumbled, holding out his hand for the talisman he had tossed to Koumori during the duel.

"Your wish is my command." I joked with a bow, after Mack assigned me as the third member of the Dungeon Guard.  I probably wasn't going to be of as much as use as the others, and I guessed that Abalasster and Koumori might get a bit bored outside the dungeon, so taking the role of 'Jester' seemed like the best idea at the time.  I chuckled as Mack held his hand out to Koumori for the charm back, at the same time calling him 'Nut Job'.  Seriously, didn't Mack have enough humour in him to at least give the guy points for being inventive with his... 'style'?  It was a sweet distraction... but I guess I myself would have been pretty pissed to have had a fist crush my crowned jewels.

I turned to Abalasster and his new-found 'friend'. "Well, he should have map data if he scouted the dungeon far enough." I explained to the white-haired warrior. "It's cheaper than buying a map from an Information Broker." My mouth turned down at my own mention of 'Information Broker'.  To tell the truth, I didn't really like those people.  It made me feel like I was cheating whenever I overheard them spilling data on maps and bosses.

Beoreson nodded to Mack about his training. "Not enough to be called an expert but, I was going for intelligence officer before this." says the warrior he pulls out some gear and equipped it. As gets ready for the adventure he opens up his menu and, looks for the map system. He opens up his map system and, notices that he only has the minimal stuff that comes from walking around. "Well, that shows how much I've been doing." mutters the warrior to himself, as he waits for the map info exchange.

Rose lisyened quietly as the others talked about how to get to the dungeon. She quickly equipped SwiftSure and got ready to go into the dungeon. I should probably get a better set of armor after this though, I don't think I'll be protected in the clothes I have now. She looked down at her clothes before putting her new sword in its holder. "Well since we have a plan, we should get going." She advised. 

Takao crossed his arms and shifted his weight from one foot to the other. The planning process had more or less already begun, and his council was sought as a result of his unspoken level. He doubted the depth of his own ability to plan in the presence of those who had some amount of militaristic experience, though his own excursions into the various dungeons of Aincrad could potentially provide some kind of insight. The brunet cast a sidelong glance to his shoulder mounted familiar before turning back to Mack and nodding in response. "Sounds good to me. We shouldn't have any problems with this crowd." he said, staying motionless afterward and waiting for somebody to move off in the direction of the dungeon.