[OP]-The beginning (Comepleted) [F1]

Rose had moved away from other people and into an allyway before curling up an sobbing her heart out. She was only 14! Why was this happening to her? Tears rushed down her face, as she continued sobbing. "I don't want to die...." She choked out before starting to cry again. She had never had a very good history with Video games. She died an average amount of times until she got the hang of it but now, she could die for real. 

"I'll never see my mother again, or my father. Im going to die, here alone." She said, while continuimg to sob softly. She laid down onto her side and curled up while the tears contined to flow down her face and onto the cold ground beneath her. Her soft sobbing continued as she laid there, making herself stay awake despite feeling tired and depressed. She had heard of Player Killers and even though you couldn't kill in a safe zone, they could easily just pick her up and take her out of it. Along with that, pervs where always in video games and since she didn't look at the mirror that she was given, she retained her avatars features. 

Edited by Rose
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takao couldn't recall exactly how long he'd been idly wandering around the City of Beginnings, mostly because trying to wade through the crowds of people made even short distances feel much longer than they were. His eyebrows furrowed and mouth pulled upward to form an unsatisfied expression. Although he wasn't the type to get annoyed easily, certain situations just irked him, and trying to push past people was definitely near the top of the list.

His green eyes spotted an opening between two buildings, and his eyebrows pulled upward as a smile grew on his face. He glanced up at the red reptile-like monster that sat across his shoulders, and raised his hand up to high five it. "Woo! Shortcut!" He actually yelled out loud before brushing past a few people to enter the alley. Takao broke into a light sprint until he passed by an odd sound grabbed his attention over the sound of his boots hitting the paved ground. After sliding to a stop and listening for the sound that persisted, he glanced over his shoulder and noticed the small girl curled up on the ground. He hurried back and carefully lowered himself down to crouch beside her, although he was sure to give her ample space. "Whoa - Hey, are you alright?"

Edited by Takao

After the GM gave his remarks and the vast majority of players went into an uproar, Abalasster just remained in place speechless. "Did this really just happen" he though to himself. "This can't be at all true". Though, no matter how hard Abalasster tried to cast this off as a freaky coincidence or just a twisted dream, he couldn't shake the feeling that what the GM said must be true. "Regardless if this is for real or not, I'm going to go through with this till the end" he muttered under his breath. But he knew he couldn't clear the game alone. He looked around through all the chaos, trying to find someone to team with. That's when he saw two players sitting down in an alley. He shrugged saying "might as well give it a shot" before running toward the players...  

I was walking through the town of beginnings, which was bustling with people. I had to actually push myself through the crowd at some points. There wasn't anything I could do about it, but it got on my nerves when I had to find my way past what was essentially a wall of slow walking people. I made my way to where I wanted to go without too much trouble though, it was only mid afternoon at this point. I dusted myself off, which was unnecessary but something people often seemed to do, and began walking to a corner shop. As I made my way over, something caught my eye. In the alley I noticed two male players in front of a violently sobbing girl. I couldn't help but wonder if they had done something to her. I decided I'd go check it out. I slowly walked into the alley and approach the group, "What's going on?" To avoid any unnecessary confrontation I took any tones of accusation out of my voice. 

As I came closer to the two players I   noticed more and more about the two players. One player, a girl was curled up in a ball, sobbing her eyes out. "Oh no..." I  thought. "She's breaking down. When I saw this, I began to wonder why he had not broken down, seeing as if I may not see my family again let alone see the real sun again. Before I could get to thorough into this thought and let it consume me, I pushed it to the back of my mind. I couldn't afford to break down now .The other player was male and had a more stable seeming psyche. It appeared he was trying to calm the girl down. When I arrived to the two, I couldn't afford to ask them the question "Hey, wanna team up" now. I would be totally out of place and inappropriate. So, I just stood there in silence for a bit. That was until I heard a voice come from outside the alley. "What's going on" came from the voice in a neutral tone. I turned to see another player. "This is great" I thought. "We can potentially have another member". "Hello" I said to the other player, extending my hand for him to shake. "I'm Abalasster". The other player looked hesitant and cautious. Seeing as how he wasn't going to shake my hand, I put my arm around his shoulder and whisper to him. "I know what this situation my look like from an onlooker, two male players and a sobbing female player, but I haven't done a thing to her. I thing she is breaking down, from the whole Being-stuck-inside-a-video-game thing. If we can get her to calm down, you think the four of us could party up and face this together?..."    

Rose upon hearing the other player was silent for a few minutes before jumping all the way back, straight sword in hand. "I don't have anything so it won't do anything to kill me." She said, her tone frightened and her grip on the sword shaky. She looked up at the other two guys and frowned Perves "Look, I'm 14 years old, so if you try to do anything weird to me, your breaking the law." She added pointing her sword to each individual guy while scooting back. 

She felt tears still running down her cheeks so she used her shoulder to whipe them away. Im not going to let them see me cry, it will just be worse then. Keeping her face straight she said "Who are you three and what do you want?" She knew that she may seem a bit crazy, crying one minute, then threatening bodily harm the next but you couldn't be too careful around others she didn't know. 

(Sorry for the late replay)

Edited by Rose

OOC: Just escalating the situation... :)

Having returned from the day's farming run, Mack stood behind the heavy maple tables that made up the front of his tent based blacksmiths shop with his inventory open. Tapping on his crafting materials he deposited the day's haul on one of the two massive tables. The hunting had been alright, nothing spectacular but it could certainly have been worse. Methodically, he began pulling small bins out from underneath the tables and shoveling the crafting items into them. They'd come in handy on later days for smithing, given that he was still low enough level that he could only create a couple of weapons a day. He was just wrapping up the chore when the sound of sobbing reached his ears, accompanied by muffled voices. The hulking smith couldn't tell what was being said, but probably it would wind up being a couple or more players ganging up on someone smaller and weaker.

Well, they would shortly find out how very unacceptable the blonde man found such activities.

Exiting his shop, Mack followed his ears in the direction of the sobbing. It was not a terribly long trip given that he had set up his forge in what was easily the dirtiest and dingiest section of the City of Beginning's Market District. As he rounded a corner that let him peer into a dim alley with eyes the color of thunderheads he saw precisely what he expected to see, three guys apparently ganging up on a much younger and smaller player. A player who was a girl that didn't look like she could be much older than twelve. The smith unsheathed Midnight Eclipse, even if he couldn't use the jet black bearded axe in a protected zone, outside of a duel, it was still a very intimidating weapon. He just managed to catch the tail end of her words to the group, which definitely set Mack's teeth on edge as they made it sound as if the three men were trying to rob the girl.

"Hey," the smith barked, slamming the butt of the axe down on the paving stones to draw everyone's attention. "Her items are her items, so back off," Mack said in a voice that came out as a dangerous snarl. "Kid, are these guys trying to rob you? Do they need their teeth kicked in?" He considered the other three male players. Two of them he felt certain he could scare off but the big guy, Takao, would probably be a handful if it came to a duel.

Edited by Mack

As I spoke the male player who was closest to me spun around. He introduced himself as Abalasster and extended his hand for me to shake. When he realized I wasn't going to take it he took an even more direct approach and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. Before I could say anything about it he explained the situation to me almost like he had read my mind. He assured me that they weren't the source of the girl's troubles and that they were instead going to try and console her. It also seemed like he wanted all of us to form a party, an interesting thing to throw in. "We'll see. I usually go solo. But we should deal with this right now." Just before I could walk over to the girl to see what was bothering her she shot up in the air and began stabbing that same air with her sword. She had gotten the wrong idea and thought we were trying to rob her. To make matters worse she even accused us of being perverts. Perfect. Just what I came over to prevent I was now being accused of. Looks like I'd have to explain the situation. But again, just as I was about to open my mouth, I was cut off. A towering man approached us from behind and tried to threaten us off with his large weapon. Even better. Now two people had the wrong idea. I turned to face him and raised my hands up "Woah calm down. We're not here to steal anything. We saw this girl laying on the ground and came over to see what was wrong " I turned back to the girl "We're not perverts either. Well, I'm not, I don't know about these two. I promise we're not here to hurt you. So both of you, there's no need for those weapons" I lowered my hands back to my sides and remained facing the girl. I didn't care if the guy was pissed at me, I only wanted the girl to know my intentions were pure. 

Edited by Koumori

[Just sayin', we should probably try to stick to a post order so that everybody gets an equal opportunity to post.]

Things began to escalate much quicker than Takao could have ever anticipated them. First, a player approached them. He wasn't expecting it, but he couldn't necessarily act surprised either; the female player he'd found had been quite loud. He really wondered how he didn't notice her sooner. The male player ran up to them though, which would've put him on edge if the knowledge that they were in a safe zone wasn't toward the front of his thoughts. He opened his mouth to speak when he heard another player approach, then turned his head to face that player. The small red reptile monster that sat on Takao's shoulders displayed its unease much more clearly than Takao himself did, who only glanced between them with raised eyebrows and a confused expression. Abalasster seemed to talk to Koumori, so Takao returned his attention to Rose, who had suddenly drawn her sword and jumped back. Takao mimicked her actions by surprise and did the same, falling onto his backside with his hands raised defensively while helping to put distance between the two.

"Whoa, hold on-" He said, though both his thoughts and his words were interrupted by the thunderous sound of the butt of an axe echoing through the small alleyway. Oh, how quickly this situation had gotten out of hand. Now seated on the cold alley floor, his expression reaching peak confusion, Takao glanced between the sudden gathering of players. "Her Items...? What?" Takao stared at Mack and tilted his head, his ignorance seeming genuine. "Wait, no! Dude, that's totally not what's goin' on!"

Edited by Takao

Rose jumped once again upon seeing another guy with a huge axe in hand come into the ally. I knew I should have hid my crying better... She thought before hearing what the man said. Before she could answer one of the two who where standing explained the situation. She lowered her sword a tiny bit but still remained where she was. "Who are you four?" She questioned. Her blue eyes traveled over the group skepticly. 

(Im ok with that.) 

Edited by Rose
Answering the question

Before the player I was conversing with could respond, the girl jumped up and began to swing her weapon frantically, presumably trying to retake control of the situation. Seeing that she was just breaking down and now is going berserk seemed like an odd combination of emotions, but still a possible combination. One could tell she meant no harm, she wouldn't kill one of us, would she? I placed my hand on my rapier for safe keeping and to reassure myself that I can fight back if needed. But before any of us made anther move, I heard another voice from behind. But, this voice was one of hostility. I turn to see another player wielding an axe. This player was built like a walking tank. He begins to threaten myself and the other two male players or rather protect the girl. The girl speaks again, wondering who we all are? I take this chance to try to install peace within the group. "Hello everyone" I say. "It seems as if we have gotten off on the wrong foot. Shall we try to start over? My name is Abalasster...

Mack scowled down the alley in the direction of the three men and the girl. He was pleased to see that his appearance had produced the desired effect. Takao had actually fallen down to the ground in shock. While it was true that the manner in which Rose was waving her weapon around might have had something to do with it as well. Deciding it was time to advance and take advantage of the situation, the blonde smith stalked down the alleyway until he was in a position to look down on Abalasster and Koumori while he positively towered over Takao who was seated on the ground. Planting the butt of Midnight Eclipse on the paving stones, Mack still held the weapon ready to strike if the need arose or it became necessary to duel the three men.

"Mack, I'm the smith just a short way from where the alley comes out behind me. No idea who these three are," the hulking man said in a low growling tone, his eyes still narrowed dangerously at the other three men. "I wasn't asking you three what was going on, I was asking the lady. Are these three trying to intimidate you and steal your items and gear? If they are, they will regret it," he continued in the same low, dangerous tone, narrowing his eyes at the other three men in distaste. The behemoth clearly wasn't ready to accept the explanations being offered by Takao, Koumori, and Abalasster quite yet, after all plenty of people were good at lying. Especially when they were caught red handed at their misdeeds.

Rose was quiet as she listened to the explination given by some of the men. Upon hearing Macks question she thought back on it. "No, I don't think they where trying to steal anything from me, I may have overreacted a tiny bit." She explained while putting her sword in her lap.  "I had gotten surprised when they suddenly appeared and kind of jump to conclusions." She explained while flexing her arms slightly to relieve the stiffness. She wasn't used to holding swords and the heaviness was hurting her arms.

"Thank you for wanting to help though." She said to Mack while looking up at him. She at least wanted to thank him for comeing out of his way to see what was wrong. Almost subconsciously she reached her hand up to fiddle was th her choker necklace but then realization dawned on her face and she dropped her hand quickly to hide the action. 

Takao heaved out a heavy breath as Rose explained the situation, and hoped that her explanation would help to deescalate things before they would get any worse. He glanced down at the monster that stood at his side and slowly began to stand, giving the small beast the chance to climb back up onto his shoulders. His clothes were brushed off as he rose to fully stand, now capable of fully assessing the others that had gathered in such a short amount of time. Takao had always been terrible at gauging strength by looks, and this was made even worse with deceptive parameters and the fact that everybody's level was unknown to him. The tallest of the gathered players introduced himself as Mack, and he made a subconscious note to try and stay on his good side. Upon seeing that Rose had calmed down enough to move away from both her crying and her hostility, a small smile grew on his face.

"Phew... That was getting out of hand way too fast." He said as his hand came to rest over his belt. "I'm Takao, and this is Otoko." Takao pointed to the monster upon his shoulders before continuing. "I'm actually part of a guild that helps new players out, so you don't have anything to worry about." Although his introduction was spoken to everybody present, it was directed more toward Mack. His attention shifted back to Rose after introducing himself and his familiar, still a bit curious about what she'd been bawling her eyes about earlier. "So, how come you were crying just a minute ago?"

(Sorry to jump in on the party like this! Grave could use some fun XD)

Ah... The sweet (un)taste of water, slowly trickling down your parched throat, like a waterfall in a rainforest.  Great isn't it?  And isn't it just greater when you notice something and spill your water all over your new shirt?  Oh, you haven't experienced that?  Well, for your information, I had already spilled three bottles of water, two on my old starter clothes and a third on my new Grim Threads.  You know what I hate even more?  They were the first three bottles of water I drank in the game.  Sometimes I can be an outright... klutz, for lack of using a naughty word.

Now, back to the main ordeal, I spilled my water when I saw a hulk of a man, pressing an equally hulk of an axe into the cobbles in a dark alleyway.  Sure, I was surprised by the axe, a rather uncommon weapon, but I was further surprised how bloody huge the guy was! I mean, jeez, I was six-foot and one, and this guy topped me by half a head or more!  Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but he was still taller than me by at least two inches. Was it the hair maybe?

But continuing on, after discarding the wasted bottle and looking past Hulk, I could see three more figures; three more figures that were undeniably male, and they all seemed rather stricken... And I didn't think it was from the axe. I slid my hands into my pockets and ducked under the huge man's elbow, into the mouth of the beast... Well, maybe that wasn't a correct word to use.  It seemed that the tense aura everyone had been emitting had gone as quickly as it (may have) came.  In the minuscule cacophony within the confines of the cramped corridor (alliteration is fun!), I was sure they wouldn't hear my footsteps... But I stopped when I saw a young, blond girl just past them.  My lips formed an 'O' as I realised the past situation.

Few guys arrive, girl gets wrong idea, big guy arrives and also gets the wrong idea and readies his weapon to knock some heads - or more like split some skulls.  I weaved around a boy with light brown hair, then a guy with white-ish (or maybe silver like mine?) hair, then another brown haired guy with a red dragon across his shoulders.  I didn't want them to all suffer another bout of 'wrong idea getting', and thus I pressed myself against the furthest wall and addressed the group as a whole.

"Come on guys and," I turned my attention to the young one for but a moment, "Young lady... I hope most of you share my opinion in the fact that... Well, this place is rather cramped to have a chat, hey?  Come, let us find somewhere to get familiar with each other," my British accent stuck out like a sore thumb in situations where I was rather confident, like this one in particular.  I scanned the faces of my (hopefully) companions.  At that point, when I looked over that boy with the red dragon... He seemed familiar... Where had I seen him before?

Edited by Grave

"It appears as if this quarrel is evening out" I though. "Hopefully nope lashes out in retaliation or to try to gain dominance, which right now undoubtedly belongs to Mack". This is when I took my chance to size up the players. Seeing as how I was fairly new to the game I wouldn't want to begin a fight with anyone. But if it came to it, Mack and Takao were out of the question to fight. They both seemed experienced or at least brought intimidation to the table. The other two, aside from what rank they were, seemed like I could clash with them and at least have an uncertain outcome. "Well, I would say it's a pleasure to meet you Mack the smith, Takao, Otoko and Rose" I said. "Another voice came from behind. "Great, more confrontation" I thought to myself. The player approached making a request that may have seemed bizarre to the others but was fine by me...    

With all the explanations flying around everything seemed to be ever so slightly calming down, but it was no less confusing. I had never met any of these players before so I had no idea what I was dealing with. I looked around sizing everybody up and began to think about how different everyone who had assembled in this alley seemed to be. The only ones that seemed potentially threatening were the two that introduced themselves as Mack and Takao.  However, I quickly realized everyone else was appraising our group as well so I made a point not to make eye contact with anyone. As I made my way back to the girl I could tell she was overwhelmed, but at least she now understood that her fears were a misunderstanding. Oops. I was the only one who hadn't presented an introduction and moved to provide one but again like clockwork I was interrupted. Another male player stealthily weaved his way through our gathering and stopped just past us in the alley and suggested we all take this somewhere else. Looks like my introduction would have to wait. With an audible sigh I spoke for the first time in a while "I was on my way to a cafe right around the corner, we can take this there" I said as I pointed in its general direction. I turned as if to indicate everyone should follow me. 

(Sorry for the occasional incoherency of this post, I couldn't fully focus on writing it. I fixed it a bit but it's already too broke haha)

Edited by Koumori

Once Rose had explained the situation and made it clear that the three men were not trying to rob her, Mack lowered the blade of Midnight Eclipse and planted the butt of the axe on the paving stones before leaning down upon the dull top part of the blade. He was still glowering around at the other three male players, but he no longer looked as if he might launch an attack at the drop of a hat. As someone that tended to be a bit more gruff and a bit quieter, he remained quiet while the other players continued to talk. He nodded his blonde head once at Takao's mentioning that he was in a guild that helped new players. While Mack had not met anyone from any of the guilds that made that their in game mission, he knew that some existed.

As the situation was winding down another player squirted past the hulking smith and took up a position leaning against the wall of the alley before suggesting that the entire group remove itself to somewhere a bit less crowded to continue their discussion. That idea was quickly seconded by Koumori who suggested that he knew a cafe not far from where they currently were. "My shop first, then somewhere with beer," the blonde man grunted, finally speaking up.