[Undisclosed] Dragon's Breath [Frontliners Only]

+1 Safeguard Potion
+1 Teleport Crystal

The alerts popped up on his HUD as Teselmar accepted the items. "Wow, these are incredibly rare... I appreciate this, Opal." He smiled at her, the heady fumes from the store making him almost giggle. "Some day, I hope I can do as much for you as you've done for me." He took a moment to think, tapping his forehead with two fingers absentmindedly. "Well, I've only got so much inventory space, but I had to burn the damage potion and one of the health potions when I was fighting a particularly stubborn mob last week. So, I wouldn't mind ordering another health potion, and a damage potion. Whatever quality you can whip up is fine with me." He laughed at her suggestion for him to order some decent smokes, and he pondered the question.

"Yeah, as much as I love catching up with you for a light, I gotta admit, the ones I've been smoking aren't all that great. To tell you the truth," He grinned, leaning closer and speaking in a low tone, "I'm not much of a citrus kinda guy. But beggars can't be choosers, right?" He smiled rogueishly and pulled up his menu. "If you can do something in menthol, I'd be much obliged. Of course, half the pleasure of smoking comes from enjoying the company of others, so I think I'll still have a decent reason to come find you. Besides," he said, looking around once more. "Nobody else can make a decent smoke, so I might swing by frequently to get my fix." Not just a nicotine fix, but his addiction to spending time with Opal... both were habit forming, and he didn't particularly care. "How much do I owe you for all of this?"

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Mmm..." the woman wasn't sure what to say next, she just gave a smile and weaved her fingers through the tendrils of black hair that stuck out from her witch hat. The woman eyed him and nodded, "It's no problem really. I honestly don't think I have ever sold anything in my shop since it's been open. I've just been giving away items for free, more or less to those who are in need of them. If I see a player I have never met before out in the field and they barely have any armor on, I pass along a few potions to help them out..." the woman tried to help as much as she could to the lower level players. It was difficult for them with the new changes to the combat system, it was a cruel twist that those just coming out of the shadows were met with difficult tasks and that boars could easily kill you in two shots these days. 

The woman placed both of her hands on the counter behind her, slipping her body on top as she sat there and scrolled through her inventory list once again, "I actually do have a few higher tier HP Recovery Crystals I don't mind giving to you, they should help out a little bit. " Sweeping her hand across the menu once more, the female began to press a few more buttons to quickly deposit a few more items for trade to Teselmar. 

-x2 +20 HP Recovery Crystals
-x1 +2 Dmg Potion

She smiled back at him with a quick flick of her wrist sending the items once more to him. After the brief exchange, he had leaned in towards her talking about the cigarettes and how he was not a huge fan of the citrus flavor. The woman's lips slipped out of the smile, it wasn't everyone's taste...but then again, those were the cheap knock off brand from a merchant who didn't know how to properly make them. The menthols he suggested seemed right up in her alley to work with and she gave a nod, "Yeah, I can do that. If I am going to enjoy smoking in this game, might as well have a flavor or something to enjoy them with. I'm a little short on materials right now...but I'll see what I can make for you in my Witch's Den below. My workshop is actually under the store, only way to get there is to have a magical key and using that pentagram altar over there." She pointed behind her, it looked like some satanic altar for sacrifices as it was decorated with skulls and low lit black flame lit candles. 

"I'll be right back..."

ID: 45103
CD: 5+1 = 6 Good! +1 Exp
-1 Mat, + 1 Exp

--

After a few moments the woman came back to the top floor of her shop, materializing within a cloud of bats as they scattered about and slowly dematerialized as she walked away form her altar. Leaning over the edge of her counter she slid a pack of Menthols to Teselmar to collect. 

"Wasn't too hard to make. You get five cigs in the pack but since my last rank up, you get more puffs per cig now. So they should last you quite a while. You are free to hit me up for more whenever you'd like though." 

-1 Menthol Cigs to Teselmar 

Edited by Opal

+x2 +20 HP Recovery Crystals
+1 +2 Dmg Potion

Teselmar looked on in amusement at the Halloweenesque flutter of bats that accompanied Opal's return. "Thanks, Opal. You know," he said as he lit up with the new cigarette, "You've got a good heart. It shows, too."

He enjoyed the smooth, cool feeling that flooded his lungs, settling in his bones. Teselmar broached the subject that was on his mind . "So, I believe that I owe you a date." He smiled coyly around the stick, leaning over the counter to look her in the eye. "Would you like something exciting to do, or more relaxing?" Teselmar had learned a long time ago that trying to surprise someone wasn't as effective as getting a gauge on their expectations. 

Edited by Teselmar

The woman's long eyelashes fluttered, her honey eyes rolling back slightly as she drank in the scent of the cool menthols were producing. The woman's lips, red and devilish curved into a tight smile. Biting down on her lower lip lightly, she examined his eyes before wondering how to reply to such a comment. Her heart was good? Well, perhaps it was. She felt like she was a nice person overall, but there were times when parts of her were not entirely pure and innocent. Breathing in once more of the faint smoke in the air, the woman tilted her head to the side at his next question, she didn't forget about their date...more like, didn't know if she should bring it up or if he was. But the smile continued to stick, her eyes beaming lightly at him. 

"Relaxing or exciting? Well, I'm the type of woman that likes a little of both. I honestly wouldn't mind what we do as long..." the woman weaved fingers in her hair, looking away from him slightly, "I don't mind so long as we can get to know each other better." She gave a clearing of the throat cough and stood back up to her erect form folding her arms over the bust of her chest, "I'm really down for almost anything...Umm, if I may make say a little something though. No beaches. I have a very strong hate for the smell of ocean water or the like." 

Teselmar nodded, grunting his affirmative around the breath he drew in. Blowing out soothing smoke into the air over their heads, he complimented her abilities. "Mmm. You were right, this is better than the cheap stuff." He enjoyed the sight of her smile, and brought up his map. "Relaxing and exciting... I think I have a decent idea. Meet me here on the fourth floor, when you're free." The toned man marked <<Starglade Town>> on his map, and sent her the coordinates. "I'll let you get back to work. I'm looking forward to seeing you again." He said with a simple smile, his gloved hand accidentally brushing hers as he turned to go. 

The woman looked down at the coordinates and nodded, floor four. She enjoyed that floor more than any other at the moment, so that was a good start off point. When he said to come by when she was free, the woman gave a happy nod as he would let her be. But the soft brush of his hand sent a tremor in her body. It was a mere passing touch, but the woman buzzed with redness crossing her face and exhaled slowly, only giving a simple wave as he left her shop. When he was no longer in sight the woman gave an exasperated sigh..."Man...that was so much more difficult than it used to be. I would have been all over his junk back a few months ago..." the woman sighed, removing the witchy hat from her head and looking back around her shop. It was time to close up for now, if anyone needed her, they knew how to contact her. 

• 5 weeks later...

It had been ages since the woman had donned her Witchy Costume, the very one she used when she greeted customers and the like at The Dragon's Breath. Of course now it was a very out dated thing. As she had stepped inside her shop, the numerous cobwebs and spiders finding their ways over to the abandoned shop seemed to be numerous and all around. Opal sighed, placing both hands on her hips as she looked around her dusty shop and none to later did she hear the familiar moan of  disembodied voice echo out from within her store. 

"Black magic...gotta stop with those failure in the cauldrons." The woman traveled down to the lower section of her Shop, where she would make all her crazy potions. She had spent a long time helping other accumulate their own stash of materials, she had neglected her craft all together. Being a little selfish now, the woman finally had her own and with the update of new tier two items, it was time once more to fire up the caldron and start on making some new potions!

ID: 48012
CD:5 +1 = 6 [Good] +1 Exp

ID: 48013
CD: 10+1 = 11 [Rare] + 5 Exp

ID: 48014
CD: 3+1 = 4 [Good] +1 Exp

ID: 48015
CD:9 +1 = 10 [Rare] + 5 Exp

ID: 48016
CD: 5+1 = 6 [Good] +1 Exp

ID: 48017

ID: 48018
CD: 12+1 = 13 [Perfect] +8 Exp

-7, mats. +22 Exp

Edited by Opal

Another day to experiment. Her last batch of items were of decent quality, her cauldron bubbling and oozing with fiery delight as it was once again humming with the magic of her shop. In her witchy costume, Opal turned to her table placing materials in order of exotic nature and strumming her fingers about the surface wondering what sort of items she would attempt to concoct tonight. Her amber gaze followed the dried dead leaves she accumulated, and then to the frozen herbs she had acquired recently. She hummed and began taking working her items into something suitable for the day. Hopefully her work would yield fruitful results. 

ID: 48125
CD: 12+1 = Perfect!!! +8 Exp

ID: 48126
CD: 2+1 = 3 Bad +1 Exp

ID: 48127
CD: 1+1 = 2 Fail +1 Exp

ID: 48128
CD: 5+1 = 6 Good +1 Exp

ID: 48129
CD: 9+1 = 10 Rare!! +5 Exp

ID: 48130
CD: 6+1 = 7 Good! +1 Exp

ID: 48131
CD: 8+1 = 9 Uncommon: +3 Exp

-8 Mats, +20 Exp

Edited by Opal

"Toil, toil..." the witchy version of Opal had said salving over a hot cauldron as it brimmed, and popped with a green lava like liquid. The woman had been working hard, but her fortunes for crafting perfect items were not as grandiose as they used to be. Perhaps her crafting was connected somehow or another with her heart. She had been having all sorts of weird emotional problems...Anger, lust, love, sloth...so many emotions this past week, she didn't know how to react to them. She sighed as she stirred her pot tossing in a few more materials hoping something nice would lift her spirits and not rouse or awaken anymore unwanted guests in her shop. 

ID: 48304
CD: 10+1 = 11 Rare!! +5 Exp

ID: 48305
CD: 6+1 = 7 Good! +1 Exp

ID: 48306
CD: 9+1 = 10 Rare!! +5 Exp

ID: 48307
CD:3 +1 = 4 Good! +1 Exp

ID: 48308
CD: 11+1 = 12 Perfect! +8 Exp

ID: 48309

ID: 48310
CD: 9+1 = 10 Rare! +5 Exp

-7 Mats, + 26 Exp

Edited by Opal

"Another day, another set of crafting ready to be done." The woman said, her hands on her hips as she looked through the enchantment page of the Player's Handbook. She had access to all the functions, but it came down to lady luck if she would be so blessed with getting any decent crafts. Opal expelled a slow sigh from a closed mouth as she moved towards her boiling and bubbling cauldron, "Time to get dangerous!"

ID: 48365
CD: 8+1 = 9 [Uncommon] +3 Exp

ID: 48366
CD: 2+1 = 3 [Bad] +1 Ex[

ID: 48367
CD: 9+1 = 10 [Rare] +5 Exp

ID: 48368
CD: 9+1 = 10 [Rare] +5 Exp

ID: 48369
CD: 8+1 = 9 [Uncommon] +3 Exp

ID: 48370
CD: 4+1 = 5 [Good] +1 Ex[

ID: 48371
CD: 7+1 = 8 [Uncommon] +3 Exp

-7 Mats, + 21 Exp

Edited by Opal
  • 2 weeks later...

Another day of crafting! After a hot and sweaty quest in the Inferno Cave, Opal had come back to her shop with a hefty amount of materials to use once again for her alchemical needs. Making her way past the dusty counter and the cobwebs that littered the store from end to end, she stood at her later, raising her hands above the sky before she was swallowed in light and taken to the lower levels of her shop, her underground work space. She breathed in the stale air as she made her way towards the cauldron, a slow boil of the green broth had been stirred delicately as she went around and prepared for craft making.

ID: 49797
CD: 10+1 = 11 Rare!! +5 Exp

ID: 49798

ID: 49799
CD: 2+1 = 3 Bad... +1 Exp
LD: 20 [Salvaged]

ID: 49800

ID: 49801

ID: 49802
CD:7 +1 = 8 Uncommon! +3 Exp

ID: 49803

-6 Mats, +13 Exp

Edited by Opal

"Mmm, I hope I have better luck today with this..." the woman wasn't sure if she was rusty with her craft or the system was just being a dick to her. None the less, it was another new day for crafting and she would make the best of what she had with the remaining materials she had collected. Moving to her boiling cauldron, the woman stewed the contents and just began to throw in different sort of materials in there without measuring or taking note what was actually going inside. 

ID: 49944
CD: 12+1 = Perfect!!! +8 Exp

ID: 49945
CD: 3+1 = 4 Good +1 Exp

ID: 49946
CD: 7+1 = 8 Uncommon +3 Exp

ID: 49947
CD: 5+1 = 6 Good +1 Exp

ID: 49948
CD: 6+1 = 7 Good +1 Exp

ID: 49949
CD: 1+1 = ;_; +1 Exp

ID: 49950
CD:  11+1 = 12 Perfect!!! +8 Exp

+23 Exp, -7 Mats

Edited by Opal
  • 4 weeks later...

I had never seen anywhere so spooky in Aincrad. Hell, maybe not even back in the real world. Opal's store was... strange, to say the least without offending her tastes. Nonetheless, it was quite fitting of the profession she had taken up. I peered at the various bottles and jars around the place; obvious simply display items, but they looked rather whacky, if I had to give them one adjective. Finally I approached the counter with the slightly creepy altar behind and I rapped my bound knuckles on the wood. "Hello!" I called into the dim light, hoping the woman would hear my call and come to my 'aid'.

ID: 53327
CD: 6+1 = 7 [Good] +1 Exp

ID: 53328
CD: 7+1 = 8 [Uncommon] +2 Exp

ID: 53329
CD: 2+1 =3
LD: 20 [recovered]

ID: 53330
CD: 8+1 = 9 [Uncommon] + 2 Exp

ID: 53331
CD: 8+1 = 9 [Uncommon] +2 Exp

ID: 53332

ID: 53333
CD: 7+1 = 8 [Uncommon] +1 Exp

---

Opal. in her witch costume now doubt, heard a clanking of footsteps above her. As she had noticed to look up, her cauldron began to bubble rapidly, "Oh nononononono!" There was a loud boom from Grave's feet accompanied by a loud yelp. Moments later, the female had arrived above her shop to the customer area, the woman was trailing behind a thick sea of black smoke as she coughed and sputtered waving the suffocating mist from her face. The woman was covered in a thickly green slime but had no scent off it. She sighed and found that player to be Grave. 

"Ahh! Grave...welcome to...Dragon's Breath!" she said with her arms sprawled out to the musky and gloomy looking alchemist shop of hers, "What can I get yeah, Sug?" 

Edited by Opal

BOOM

"What the f-?!" I began to curse, before a cloud of smoke appeared nearby, a well-endowed female figure approaching from the black storm, covered in some kind of slime. "My... god... Opal..." I sighed, casually using her username rather than rank, as she was off of KoB duty. "What in Aincrad happened to you, love?" I asked, striding to meet her, sweeping my coat off and offering it to the woman to cover up the muck that had covered her. "Well, I came looking for some dyes for my equipment, since... you know..." I pointed out the extensive amount of grey I wore. "But... it is not very often we get to have a casual chat, is it? If you are not busy, it would be nice if we could talk a little, friend to friend." I requested, smiling gently.

Macradon came walking into the shop, he hadn't been here before, so it wasn't too familiar with him. "H-hello?" he would ask as he entered the shop, owned by none other than the vice-commander of the guild Macradon was part of. He would stand up straight and look for Opal in there somewhere. "I heard you were in need of some materials? I have some for you" he said and would find a pouch with materials in his inventory. The pouch was filled with 21 of the kind, they would be adequate for Opal to do something with,

"Ahh Grave, yes. Dye Items..." the woman fetched from one of the display cases her array of colored dye pots. Bringing out two of the dyes, she laid them out in front of Grave and smiled, "Oh, don't worry about this gunk...its not the first time I've been blast in the face by a surprise explosion of this magnitude. I was just experimenting a bit..." It was then Macradon had walked in.

She was happy to see him, she only had a few materials left to get her through the next few days and he was a life safer when it came down to it. Taking the twenty-one materials off his hand, the woman slipped in her last Crafter's Respite for him to get an extra day's worth of crafting done under his belt. He had many orders to fulfill from what she was told prior to the engagement so this worked out for the both of them. 

"Hello Macradon, thanks for visiting. And thank you for the materials. They will come in handy! And for you~" 

-1 Crafter's Respite

"I'll stop by your shop sometime and get you a few more, Macrodon. Thank you again!" 

Returning her amber gaze to Grave, she smiled and nodded. "Well if you wanna chat, you'll have to follow me down to my chambers. I have much work to do with the upcoming Boss Raid." With a finger the woman gestured Grave to follow her. They stood on the alter below, surrounded by black glowing candles and a satanic like symbol etched onto it. She smiled with her full red lips till they were teleported below the shop. 

"What did you want to talk about?" she asked while she gathered her new set of materials and began her brewing. 

=

+21 Materials

ID: 53501
CD: 11+1 = 12 Perf! +8 Exp

ID: 53504

ID: 53506
CD: 5+1 = 6 Good! +1 Exp

ID: 53507
CD: 5+1 = 6 Good! +1 Exp

ID: 53508
CD: 12+1 = 13 Perf! +8 Exp

ID: 53509
CD: 9+1 = 10 Rare! +5 Exp

ID: 53510
CD: 1+1 = 2 Bad +1 Exp

Edited by Opal

I gratefully grasped the dyes with a nod, looking to Opal. "No payment?" I asked, cocking my head, feeling slightly bad about taking the dyes, before realising that they were good items and used for Guild business. I swiped open my inventory and opened up my equipment, two dye slots at the bottom right of the character image. Inserting them, my gear flashed for a moment before revealing my new colours; my once grey coat had taken on the characteristic deep crimson of the Crimson Blades, the lining now a vibrant gold, the white lion on the breast pocket retaining its original colour. My handwraps became blood red, almost signifying the amount of creatures I had killed with my bare hands, and my fingers were a sparkling gold. As for my Crystal, the metal ring holding it to the now red string had become golden. The rest of my originally black clothing had become crimson except for my shoes, which remained black as night.

"Thank you, Opal." I said with a smile, before I followed her onto the creepy altar, teleporting somewhere different, producing a sensation much like teleporting between floors. "Well, I had no particular subject in mind, I thought maybe we could find something along the way." I explained with a chuckle, slipping my hands into my newly recoloured coat's pockets, watching Opal begin her brewing.

As Grave applied his dyes, the woman smiled and gave an approved nod as he now donned the brighter and more flashier colors of the Knights of the Blood Oath. She chuckled lightly as he looked like a stark contrast of his former self, "Now you look a Knight." she said, sweeping her hand through her hair. The woman shifted from him to the cauldron as it boiled and popped with the frothy green liquid. She took a few materials and just tossed them in without giving so much as a look to how much she actually threw into the mix. She looked up at him and pondered on a subject, "Oooh! How are you and Jevi getting along? Things getting spicy in that relationship yet or is it still a bit too soon? And don't look at me like that, a woman knows when a man is courting a woman. You had so much oogly eyes on her the last time we were out together. She is a good woman, Grave. Be patient with her..." 

--

Rolling for Crafts Here

ID: 54080
CD: 3+1 = 4 Good! +1 Exp

ID: 54081
CD: 8+1 =9 Uncommon + 3 Exp

ID: 54082
CD: 6+1 =7 Good +1 Exp

ID: 54083
CD: 8+1 =9 Uncommon +3 Exp

ID: 54084
CD: 4+1 =5 Good! +1 Exp