[OP-F1] Now Recruiting: The Dapper Rogues! - Complete!

Dapper Rogues Banner:

Dapper_Rogues_Banner.thumb.gif.0a3b6722b

((OOC: For players interested in actually joining and making this a real guild, please send me a PM! If I get enough it will become an actual guild! For further details, please have an IC conversation with Emerath and/or Endilix! Thank you!))

Emerath had spent the better part of the day setting up shop in one of the more popular parts of the starter city. Him and Endilix had been up all night deciding how to better themselves in this game, and finally they had decided that their best bet would be to actually be to just make a guild of their own. There were plenty of front line guilds, and while they were nowhere near that level, that didn't mean they couldn't be useful in their own way. After discussing it, they decided that they should focus on information gathering. Exploring, scouting, perhaps even spying. Along with a general base to help out any new players. They agreed, and then they had the perfect idea. The Dapper Rogues!

And so, Emerath had made a makeshift banner depicting a very dapper gentleman, and hung it off of the tree the brothers stood next to, as it flapped gently in the wind. Emerath gave a proud nod of his handiwork. It was simple, but it would do. And then he turned to Endilix with a smile, "Alright brother. Make some noise!"

Edited by Emerath
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Endilix had spent the better part of the day preparing for this. And then finally his moment came. He gave his brother a huge grin as he pulled out his hammer and began to clang it loudly against his shield. The sound reverberated throughout the area, and had to have gotten the attention of pretty much anyone around. Endilix then began to shout, "Hello everyone! We hate to interrupt your busy day of adventuring, shopping, or whatever you folks are up to, but we ask only a moment of your time!" Endilix looked around to see who had turned to look at him and he continued, "We are looking to start a fresh new guild. We need mates to help us. At least three will do, but more would never hurt. The more the merrier! If you are interested, please come talk to us! We'll tell you all about it!"

Despite the clamor that Endilix had made, no ready participants from the crowd came forward to even show interest in the thought of the guild. Emerath had sort of expected such, but that didn't make it any easier to accept. He wondered if there was any easier way to go about this? He figured that wouldn't be the case. They would need to just go from floor to floor and tell everyone about the guild idea. And that would be that. Word of mouth would spread the word fastest. But first they needed to drum up the interest in the first place. Finally, Emerath turned to Endilix and said, "Do it again. Louder this time!"

Flints had just stumbled into town when she quickly spotted Endilix and Emerath. She watched as the two brothers excitedly rambled about something she didn't quite catch and before she could get close enough Endilix started to clang his hammer wrecklessly then speak about their plans on recruiting, she growled. "Why wasn't i informed about this first I could have at least helped out!" She sighed and quickly leaped up into the tree and sat upon the branch from which the banner hung as she starred down at the two she yawned before addressing them. 

"So what are you two getting yourselves into now?" She giggled at sudden feeling of being much taller than the two. "Well whatever it is, sign me up!" She shouted as she laid back into the branch. It was too early for the noise but she did enjoy the company. 

Endilix was about to begin clanging his hammer on his shield again at his brother's request when suddenly Flints showed up with interest. Endilix watched her as she bounded up the tree and rested on the branch that the banner was on. "Hey, be careful of that! It's bound to fall apart just by looking at it. It's not like it's tailor made!" Although as Endilix said that, he realized that Emerath had probably just gotten a basic banner done by an NPC tailor, so that wasn't entirely true.

Endilix grumbled a bit about the wild woman before saying, "We're hoping to create an official guild. We would love to have you of course."

She smiled wickedly as Endilix showed concern for the welfare of the precious banner. "Relaaaxxxx. I'm not wreckless!" She scoffed. The way he spoke passionately about the guild caught her interest and she grinned down at him. "Alright alright you're pretty convincing. I can't promise I'll be dapper but I will be here for you guys!..Right here. Literally. Please let me sleep in your tree." She whined the last part out. The hustle and bustle of the city sure had her on edge but she waited ready with the guys waiting on more people to show up. 

"You guys should like, dance or put on a show. That would get my attention. I mean the clanging just made me want to murder you so maybe that wasn't the best route..then again..most things make me want to murder you." She joked towards Endilix. Although she was trying hard to not be serious, she really did love the idea of being in a guild with both of them. Would certainly keep her busy for once. 

OOC: I am NOT here to poach players... so don't get the wrong idea. But, Mack would want to discuss a Guild alliance with the brothers :)

"What's all this noise about a new guild forming," asked a familiar gruff voice as Mack parted the crowds before him to stand before the assembled group of Flints, Endilix, and Emerath. The enormous blacksmith, and Grandmaster of the Crimson Blades, nodded a polite greeting to Endilix as he was the only member of the assembled group of players that the red-headed giant was familiar with and even that was only just in passing since the man had once entered his shop to make a purchase. "I'll not be joining, of course," he continued, not making a mention of his own guild as to do so might be seen as an attempt to poach players which Mack was not trying to do, although his flaming red hair, crimson armor, and gold trimmed crimson cloak announced to one and all who he was and who he represented. "But, I would discuss an alliance and outfitting your members. Assuming, of course, that you've no blacksmith. I've no interest in poaching players, but gaining business for my shop and those of my members is of great interest to me, as are good relations with other guilds."

((OOC: It's no worries Mack! It makes for a good story no matter what. The brothers are happy you even just stopped by to chat, let alone offer an alliance!))

Emerath had been watching Endilix and Flints banter back and forth about the guild while a smile played across his lips. He pulled out a sheaf of paper that was the charter he would hopefully be submitting once he gained enough interest in the guild, and was happy to jot down Flints' name. He then looked to the girl, "It's too bad we don't know any performers or else the idea of a show would be perfect. Hey, maybe you should look into the art!" Emerath gave a chuckle at the idea of Flints performing. Not because it was a bad idea, but he could just see it now how frustrated she would get to start.

And then Mack showed up, and the large man practically caused a small uproar with his presence in the crowd. That would be expected though, of such a high ranking man in the game. Emerath was incredibly nervous, but if he was properly going to lead a new guild, he had to make sure he kept his composure. He stored the charter back in his inventory and gave Mack a polite bow as he approached. He listened intently to the man's words and couldn't help but smile. "Ah, we would indeed be very honored to forge an alliance with you and your kin." He then thought about the fact that the man was a blacksmith and added, "No pun intended of course." Emerath reached into his pocket and pulled out a small flyer with the symbol of the Dapper Rogues which showed a map of the fourth floor and gave a bit of information about the guild, and handed it to Mack.

"The map shows where mine and Endilix's shops are, which will be the best place to reach us should you need to meet in person. The rest is details of who we will be. We will be scouts, explorers, and information gatherers. Something that can hopefully aid and support great guilds such as yours, making this a very prosperous relationship."

Edited by Emerath

Flints looked away from Endilix, when she felt the air around them change, she looked out towards Emerath to see him being approached by another man that towered over Emerath, she became worried by not being able to hear what Emerath was telling him but when he bowed she cocked her head in confusion and forced herself down from the tree and landed beside Endilix, but she had no time for banter with him as she walked right up to Emerath and Mack, she looked up at him and watched as Emerath as he held himself in a nervous manner but she felt differently. "so you're Mack? it's very nice to meet you, and this alliance, i heard you mention outfitting.." her thought trailed as she looked at her simple beginners clothing and then back up at Mack who fully represented his guild, colors and all. "sounds wonderful" she laughed lightly, her light, velvety voice. Mack's sudden appearance had her curious, the group was just starting to form and already its got really good news in its wings. things were looking up for the little guild after all.

Endilix figured he would let his brother handle the big man, though he did return the nod he was given as recognition of their previous meeting. In the meantime though, the brothers needed two more people to add to the charter, and so Endilix thought he might take the chance to use Mack's entrance to his advantage.

Endilix walked out to the crowd, his arms out in a gesture of welcoming as he shouted over the din around him, "Many of you know Mack, or have heard stories of him and his guild! If we can build a partnership here then our little guild will grow and prosper! If you don't have a guild, please step forward now and you will be given a place of honor among the founders of our humble new establishment!"

Sousuke stood in the shadows watching the exchange from the players in the square, he was amused slightly. From what he had gathered some players were trying to start up a new guild and although he wasn't ready to get back into fighting just yet he figured since he had been in two guilds previously and one of which he was the chief tactitian he figured it couldn't hurt to help some newer players out. He marched out of the shadows waving to get their attention.

"Names Sousuke used to in two guilds figured you guys might want an advicer and recruiter for your new guild how's that sound?" He didn't intend to sound arrogent but he needed to show he was confident in his abilities.

“I quite agree, I think that an alliance between our two organizations would be mutually beneficial for all involved,” Mack said in a tone that carried to the entire group as Flints dropped down out of the tree. “The Crimson Blades are more of a combat oriented guild, so having mappers and scouts aligned with us would be beneficial. Of course, I can’t confirm such an alliance at this moment without discussing it with the Council, but I doubt that any objections would be raised.”

“And I did mention something about outfitting,” the Grandmaster said, turning his attention to the sole woman in the group, at least for the time being. “Should an alliance be forged, I’ll see what can be done for outfitting you with proper weapons, shields, and heavy armor for those that choose that path. If light armor is more to your liking, I would suggest the shops of either Shirosu who is another of the Crimson Blades or Lowenthal, who is a Council Member for the Velvet Room. Right at the moment, I have something of a backlog of items and my shop is overflowing. Swing by Snowfrost Town and find me. Endilix knows the location.”

Endilix turned to face Sousuke and gave him a smile, "Ah, hello there, my good man." He considered the man's words as he gave him a slight bow in greetings. Seeing as people were starting to get interested in their little meetup here in the park Endilix figured having his hammer and shield at the ready was no longer necessary, and thought it might be more welcoming to put them away anyway. He clipped the shield to his back and then put his hammer in the straps on his hip before responding to Sousuke, "Well, you certainly sound like you have connections. But I guess I'm a bit confused as to whether or not you would be joining the Dapper Rogues or if you're just offering help on the side." Endilix rubbed his chin in thought for a moment as he said, "I can't speak for Emerath, but I believe right now, unless you are either a part of the guild, or forging an alliance with us," he said this bit with a point of his thumb to Mack, as an example, "then it's not that we don't want the help, but that I don't feel we would be able to adequately take care of your needs."

Endilix then added, "But, even if you don't want to join, recommending us to friends would always be appreciated. However, if you would like to join, tell my brother. He'll have you sign the charter, and then we would be happy to have you help us recruit and advertise the guild."

Emerath listened to Mack intently as he discussed the alliance and what it would entail. He liked the way it sounded, and having plenty of connections to draw from, and especially to have protectors for perhaps some of the more dangerous scouting missions would be a great idea. Emerath let the man finish before finally responding with, "This all definitely sounds great. And I understand that we can't make any formalities out of this yet, especially since we aren't an official guild yet, and you have to speak to your Council. However, I would absolutely love to sit down and discuss this once our charter has been signed and approved and we are official. We can draw up the documents, define the terms, and go from there. To start, I will formally acknowledge terms for at least myself and my brother, and as we define the guild and the people in it we will begin to give you ideas of what missions we could undertake together and in service to you and yours, and what we may ask in return."

Emerath also listened to him address Flints, who he had wished wasn't so forward with the Grandmaster of the Crimson Blades. But Mack was thankfully an understanding man. He didn't want to ask too much of Mack and his guild just yet, seeing as nothing had been formalized, but he figured a general conversation about shopping wouldn't be so bad. At least that's how Mack seemed to be taking it. A part of Emerath did wish that he had an interest in Mack's wares to take advantage of the backstock he said he had, but he did take note of Shirosu and Lowenthal and made a mental note to check out their stores later.

Flints walked back to behind emerath and watched as they all exchanged ideas and graces, she grumbled at the thought of light armor, she had no use for such a thing. But the idea of getting shiny, heavy armor  sounded beautiful. things were indeed looking and sounding well. Mack's large presence made the crowd buzz excitedly, Flints couldn't help but wonder what it was like to be so well known. She gulped at the idea of having such importance in a world like Aincrad. "Sounds like a lot of work" she thought to herself before walking back to the tree and bounding back into it to rest amongst its branches, she watched the little group speak as she pulled leaves and sent them down to the ground, she wasn't of any use at the moment. Maybe she could even sneak away for a nap.

Sousuke grinned at the two brothers thinking to himself before he spoke his next words. It would seem as it stood this Mack character was trying to form an alliance with a guild that wasn't even set up yet and since Sousuke was more of an agile set up than combat he guessed that it would be a good idea as solo scout to actually have back up. After all the upper floors were a lot more dangerous than the lower floors and there was only so much a solo player could do.

"I intend to join you guys if you will have me." He explained "I am a scout myself and having back up company would be great as for advice and recruitment I would gladly recommend the guild to my friends. The advice is also just ideas and such on how operations take place, I have no intentions of trying to tell you how to run a guild, just help out and advice with missions." He finished his explanation and pulled out his maps he had created of the first 7 floors. They were unfinished and that was because there were areas even ge wouldn't dare venture alone. 

"I have a lot of the early floors mapped out but there are plenty of places still out of my reach perhaps once we get the guild up and running I could run you through it all and we can decide where to start?" He said with a smile.

Edited by Sousuke

Endilix listened to the recruit intently, but with a smile as the man seemed to be very experienced, and fit into what they needed as a guild to start. Almost perfectly, in fact. When Sousuke mentioned that he actually wished to join, a large grin played across Endilix's face and he turned and poked his brother until he was given the Guild Charter. He held it out to Sousuke to sign as he said, "Alright, so we'll make it official. Once the guild is set up you'll receive a notification and a PM from one of us brothers."

When Sousuke offered the maps he was very impressed with the quality and detail the man had put into them, despite that they were unfinished. "These maps will be a great help to getting us started, and you had better believe that we will help you finish them. We'll most likely also make copies and have a fully fledged map room once the guild headquarters is established. When we get to that stage, we can even discuss having you manage it." Endilix handed the maps back to the man and kept the smile as he said, "We're very happy to have you join the team. Welcome to the Dapper Rogues!"

Sousuke grinned as the boy spoke, well more man than boy he seemed extremely mature despite his looks and he welcomed the company and a new group of friends to travel with.

"My experience has nothing to do with it my friend I just intend to help out where I can I've lost one group once to a boss and you might say I have survivours guild but I don't want to see it happen again where ever I can help I shall." He said smiling "As for over seeing the maps I don't want you to give up the postitions of leaders I'm here to help and contribute that's all I require, if you need me just let me know." He finished as he signed the charter.

Endilix accepted the signature and took a look at the charter as it was so far. Four names. We just need one more and we can officially be a guild. Endilix smiled at the thought as he rolled up the parchment and placed it in his inventory for safe keeping for now. He gave Sousuke a reassuring pat on the arm and gave him a nod in response to what the man was saying, as he said himself, "Well, as I said. We're happy to have you. Thank you again for deciding to join us in the Dapper Rogues. We look forward to making this official and having you be a part of our organization." Endilix gave the man a smile as he turned to where Mack and Emerath were speaking to address his brother.

"I hate to interrupt your conversation guys, but Emerath, we just need one more signature and we're official." Endilix's eyes lit up as he said the words, and he was sure his brother would feel the same.

Emerath gave a quick apology to Mack as his brother seemed interested in breaking their conversation to tell him something. Endilix had already bugged him once about the charter, which he had hoped was for an actual signature rather than a waste of his time. And then Endilix told him that they only needed one more signature and Emerath's eyes practically lit up with glee. He looked to the big man with a smile and then back out to the crowd, hopeful that someone on this floor would answer the call. There was still a bit of a clamor going about, but it seemed to have quieted down as Mack settled into a formal conversation with Emerath and his brother had stopped clanging about and making noise. Emerath was starting to lose a bit of hope, when he was so close to reaching the goal.

He looked to Endilix and said, "Well, have your new recruit help you find people. I'm going to finish talking to Mack. Keep the charter in case you find someone. If I find someone I'll let you know to come back." And then Emerath looked up at Flints doing nothing in the tree, "And you, you're going to be a part of us too. Be a dear and find someone, please. We just need one more signature." And then Emerath turned his attention back to the big man, "Very sorry for that, where were we?"