[PP-F7] Where the eagles fly <<Feeding the enemy>> (Kalesh)--Complete--

Zandra sat in her shop. Bored to death. She couldnt enjoy brewing because out of materials. She wanted to do something. Then she remembered Jomeis owl. She would love to have a companion. Wouldnt be such lonely feeling in her shop with some company. Of course her frineds was good company, but they could be with her all the time. Thou she didnt knew what kind of familiar she wanted. She had always liked eagles. But probably there arent any eagles on floor four. She opened the guide book. There was a section describing each floor, well, each floor explored thus far. Prarie, hmm, maybe. Floor four, nope. Desert, nope, she didnt wanted to go back there anyway. Jungle, she didnt thinked so, and there she realy didnt wanted to go back. But floor seven, mountain range, that would probably be as good as it could be. Thou it was floor seven, she have never been that high up before, and dosent wanted to be there alone. But who would be interested in acompany her. Thats when she remembered Kalesh. She sent away a message to him.

Hi

Its Zandra. I wonder if you would like to accomany me on finding a familiar to me? Lets meet at Nimbus at floor seven.

Best regards, Zandra

After that, she packed her stuffs and headed to the warp plaza, teleporting up to Nimbus and waited for Kalesh.

Edited by Zandra Zvift
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To: Zandra Zwift

Sure, I'll be over in a minute! Happy to help with something like that, really!

Kalesh smiled as he sent the reply message, stretching himself out before getting out of the boat he had been resting inside of. He took a leap from the boat and onto the nearby wooden platform. With a solid and stable surface under his feet he makes his way to the teleport plaza and head straight to floor seven. He hadn't really explored this floor before, but he hoped for Zandra's sake the familiar she wanted would be hiding here for her. He glanced around the area to see if he could find her, idly thinking about how he wanted a familiar too at some point, but was utterly undecided on what type he would like in the long run. There were of course many options, to choose from. Every floor had its own flavor, and they weren't even quarter of the way to the top floor! He had plenty of time to decide, he wasn't exactly starving for stats just yet.

Zandra sat on a bench, about ten meters from the warp gate. She have only been sitting there for about five to ten minutes when a blue shine indicated a new player have arrived. Out of the gate stepped a man with long read hair. Zandra pushed herself up and started to walk towards him.''Hi Kalesh. Nice to meet you.'' she reached the man and held out her hand for a handshake. At the moment whe was still wearing her town clothing she was so proud of, dark brown t-shirt, a red skirt with suspenders, leather boots reaching half way up to the knee and last but not least. A red hood with something between a cloak and a scarf attached to it on the back. While she was waiting for Kalesh she had it cast a shadow to hide her face, but now she had pushed it back with her black hair flowing out down her back. ''Im happy you wanted to accompany me on this.'' she smiled towards the man that stood in front of her.

He smiled as he noticed a lady approaching, unable to resist stealing a glance at her outfit as he looked down at her hand. He took it happily and shook firmly before saying "Nice to meet you too! You are Zandra, right?" He asks, just in case he had suddenly become famous without knowing! Kalesh was geared up in his usual clothes, slightly faded black shirt and cloth pants under a red leather jacket without a hood to hide his long crimson hair or his bright green eyes. On his side was the sheath of his katana which he wore with pride. "It's no trouble, I'm happy to help. You said you were looking for a familiar, yeah? You are all supplied up, right? Have food, a lucky charm, and a crystal?" He asked curiously. He himself had all those things. In fact, he had a chain with a four leaf clover accessory on the end hanging from the hilt of his sword.

''Zandra? Who is that?'' she looked at Kalesh with a strange look for a few seconds. Then she giggled.''Hihi, yes Im Zandra, was just kidding.'' she saw that he had looked at her outfit, she answered his gesture with doing so herself at his, He looked realy respectful with his katana and a red leather jacket. Then he mentioned beeing rightly equiped and having food. She suddenly got very interested of a small stone right behind her foot, she looked down at it and rolling it with her right foot. She scratched the back of her head, feeling so embarrased.''Well, I have a food that slightly increase your ability to find stuffs, thou not the best one. I did order a music from Jomei thats not done yet but I couldnt wait.'' maybe it gonna take longer time, but if I have company, its just gonna be fun with a little adventure right? Or maybe you have some thing I could buy from you?''

Kalesh blinked in surprise as if not expecting his ambition to be true, a smile slowly crossing his face until he heard her admit that she really was Zandra. "Pfft, ohhh okay, you got me!" He gives her a very short few claps before hearing her explain her situation item-wise. He hummed in thought and said "Weeeell... How about this..." He open up his inventory and then the descriptions of three items in his inventory. "Why not a trade? I have a familiar call crystal, as well as food that will give you plus two in your search skill... However I warn you, it also has one point in alcoholic." He winked, sure she didn't mind the debuff in exchange for the buff considering they weren't here to kill monsters. "And an accessory for an additional plus two luck." He stops, taking a breath after explaining what he has "You give me the food item you have if it's lower quality, you can have the consumables and borrow the accessory until your familiar is caught. Sound good?" He grinned, not caring if he was getting the short end of the stick in this. "I'm open to counter offers if you want." He chuckles softly to himself.

Zandra stared at the man infront of her while he told her about his offer.''What?! You serious!?'' she bowed towards the man, her hair almost touching the ground. Then she opened her inventory. She scrolled to the screen where she was conected to her shops stock. There he picked out a home-made kit.''Here, I hope this would compensate, its my home-made 'the warriors kit' I call it. It increase both your damage, defence and gives some health recovery.'' She handed over him two crystals and a potion.''This crystal will heal you fifteen health points.'' she said, holding the red crystal.''This will decrease the damage you take by three.'' she said while holding the other crystal.''And this potion will make you increase two additional points of damage.'' she bowed again.''It wont be of any big use for this adventure, but if your going out to combat, it could hopefully help a bit.''

-Warriors kit (+3 Damage mit crystal, +15HP health crystal and +2 Damage potion)

((Could you make a spoiler with the IDs and stuff so I can just copy them to my journal? :3))

Kalesh blinked at her offer, actually hesitating as if he was unsure if the prices he paid for his items were enough for the items she offered. Soon though he realized that this all meant she was an alchemist. Having a tiny bit of trivia he nodded happily and said "That sounds like a fair deal to me!" He says while happily taking the items from his inventory, and the Tricking Clover from his sword to hand to her. "Here ya go." He says while taking the consumables eagerly. "I'm a damage dealer type of character, so having these will absolutely prove useful, thanks a lot!" With the consumables in his hands he happily starts putting the kit away, already seeming more confident with them on his person. These were the first items of their types that he ever actually had! "Well, then I guess we both are now pretty prepared! What are you here for might I ask? Like what monster? Or are we winging it?"

+Warriors kit (+3 Damage mit crystal, +15HP health crystal and +2 Damage potion)
-Tricking Clover(+2 LD) Until Familiar obtained, Avalanche Snow Cone(+2 LD +1 Damage -1 Evasion), Familiar's Call (+1 LD on familiar catching attempt)

Zandra gladly recieved the consumables and the clover from Kalesh.''Yes, of course you will get it back when Ive got my familiar.''she immediatly started to eat the snow cone. Thou she took the first chews a little to fast and got a brain freeze.''Ohmygod, ohmygod. Brainfreeze.'' when it have eased of she started to answer Kalesh question.''Well, Im realy fascinating of eagles, have a few paintings of them at home in the real world. When I saw there was a possibility to get one in the game, I got stunned. But it was so hard so havent done it until now. This was the place I thougth there was biggest chance on finding an eagle.''she finished of the last of the snow cone and felt a little dizzy, but still she felt an sligth increase in strength, and that she would be able to see stuffs other would miss better. When she attached the clover to her dagger, that feeling doubled.

-Tricking Clover(+2 LD) Until Familiar obtained, Avalanche Snow Cone(+2 LD +1 Damage -1 Evasion), Familiar's Call (+1 LD on familiar catching attempt)

Damage: 5+1=6

Evasion: 0-1=-1

LD: +2+2=+4

Warriors kit:

Name: Minor HP Recovery Crystal

Your Profession: Alchemist

Your Rank: 2

ID: 18659

Roll: 10

Item Type: Crystal

Quality: Uncommon

Enhancements: HP Recovery +5HP After update: +15

Description: A strawberryred-coloured crystal about 4x6x10cm

Name: Sacred shard from eastern ice-dragon

Your Rank: 3

ID: 19251

Roll: 11

Item Type: Status update crystal

Quality: Rare

Enhancements: Damage +2

Description: An ice-blue crystal about 5x7x12 cm

Name: Ice elemental weak protection

Your Rank: 5

ID: 31512

Roll: 8

Item Type: Status update crystal

Quality: Uncommon

Enhancements: Damage mitigation 1 slot

Description: When you use this crystal, your skin gets a scale pattern over all your body. When you beeing hit, it both reduce damage taken but also eases the pain a little bit.

Kalesh nodded in approval while smiling to the other player "Eagles, majestic and awesome, I can get behind that. I think a friend of mine has a falcon rather than an eagle." He smiled as he remembered Calrex's familiar, chuckling happily as he was at the least able to reassure himself he did not want a bird for a familiar. He wanted something... fantastical to say the least. It could fly, but it would need to be on fire or made of lightning or something if it was a bird! "Well, if I am honest this is my first time here, so no map data. We are going to be exploring blind... I guess just keep our eyes up and see if he can locate where they might be landing?" He shrugged, looking to her in any case. "You're the boss!" He tried his best not to laugh at the brainfreeze she got, biting his tongue to hold the feeling back as she struggled through the odd sensation. "Welllll, at least I didn't feed you something insanely spicy!" He grinned mischievously at the idea since any flavor could go in this world really.

Zandra saw Kalesh tried to hold something back. She was almost certain it was laughing. She would laugh herself if the roles was opposite she thougth."Im very happy there wasnt anything spicey. Back in the real world, I never ate spicy food, dont like it at all. Because of that, Ive never tried it ingame. Maybe I would like it." She giggled when the man called her boss."Well, I dosent have any experience on this floor either, so dont expect me to know the right path and such." She twirled some of her hair around her finger. "Well, I like your plan. And we probably not gonna find any eagles in town, lets start with heading out in the wilderness."she said and the two players headed out from the town.

He nodded in absolute agreement, happily following her out of town and towards the wilderness where anything could go. "I loooove spicy food. The burn just has something satisfying about it, that's also why I like strong drinks... with some sweetness too of course. The burn is just... nice." He chuckled softly as he shrugged his shoulders. "And I don't mind getting lost for a while. Worst case scenario?" He gestures to the large tower present on every floor and visible from anywhere. "I just go up." He grinned at the idea of having to travel through the labyrinth for a change instead of the conveniences of the teleport plazas in town. It would certainly teach him a little how the PKs had to feel when their town privileges were taken away from them.

Zandra suddenly stopped.''Oh crap. The quest description said I needed to get some food for the fammiliar. Im sorry but I guess we have to head back, we havent walked that far so it would go pretty quick to go back.'' the two adveturers headed back to town.''I think I saw a general shop right around the corner over there. They should have something I hope.'' and just as she thougth, when they walked around the corner, there was a shop. Zandra entered it to see if they was selling any animal food in there. There was mostly human food, But she found some raw meat, meant for cooks that didnt wanted to go out hunting themselfs.''Hello mister.'' Zandra said to the shop owner.''I would like some of that raw meat over there.'' the man opened a transaction and Zandra bougth the meat.''There we go, now we can continue.''she said to Kalesh. They exited the shop and walked out of the town for the second time today.

Kalesh smiled happily and laughed as he said "Ah, no problem. At least we caught it early on, I've played MMO where people forget to repair their armor and all kinds of awful stuff and then only bring it up when we are halfway done the dungeon." He sighed in recollection at such fumbles. "To my credit, I was decent at unarmed combat and magic in said games, so I was able to make do even if my claymore broke." He chuckled softly and shrugged his shoulders, following after Zandra towards the merchant and watching her buy the raw meat, glad he didn't need to pay for that. "Hmm. I guess that would be what they eat." He chuckled softly "Personally I would have just killed a monster for the meat. I'm just very petty about spending money." Col, gold, whatever was always a last line of defense for him. He vastly preferred hard labor or the trading of items and bartering opposed to actual money exchange. He was a bit of a hoarder in that regard. "... You know how you can materialize col as coins? Thinks I could fill a room with thousands of coins and just lay in them?" He pondered such foolish thoughts as they turned to return to where they had just returned from. Having exitted the town he drew his katana again and said "Alright. I guess we should maybe go somewhere high up and look for a nest?" He suggests curiously. Even in basic RPG a designer added burrows and nests to environments where a monster roamed.

Zandra was grateful that Kalesh understood that she had forgot the food, and thougth it was good she havent realised it later.''Well, I dont know if there is any animal here nearby which food would fit for an eagle. I just wanted to be on the safe side. So we didnt had do grind mobs for food. Well well, we do on our own ways I guess.''She gave the red-head a smile.''Get somewhere high up sounds like a good idea.''

The two adventurers found a way that seemed to be less didficult then the others. Just a hundred meters above they saw a nest. They couldnt see if there was any bird inside it, but they was gonna look at least. After fifteen minutes they was at the nest. But when they saw how it looked on the upside they got diapointed. There was an eagle but as soon they saw it it opened its wings and flew away.

ID: 35446 LD: 4+5=9 

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Kalesh grinned and said "Fair enough, but if you think about it, if this is the bird's habitat, why would it not have prey as well?" He winked playfully to her "The first floor had boars and wolves, after all. That's just me, though. I'm definitely the type who gathers every part of his gear rather than the buying type. Ever play a game called Monster Hunter? That's pretty much as close as you get to killing something and wearing it's hide as a hat. But yeah, onward and upward we go!" He exclaims while following Zandra towards their destination.

Kalesh gasped when the bird flew off, letting out a deep sigh of disappointment while his eyes stayed trained on the bird "... Way I see it we have three choices now." He grinned mischievously as he reached down and picked up a rock. "Either we follow it, knock it out of the sky now and then catch it... Or, we wait until it comes back." He shrugged his shoulders while tossing the rock in his hand like a baseball. "Waiting would take the least effort I think. It's on an AI, it follows patterns, it or another of its kind will come back here for sure." he looks to Zandra, leaving it to her since it was her familiar that they were looking for.

Zandra saw the mighty bird flying of towards the horizon. When she couldnt see it anymore she looked down on the ground and kicked a rock. But she picked the wrong rock to kick. It felt like something broke inside, could they rbeak bones in the game?''Ouch!'' she said it more like a reflex. In the real world it would have hurt, but the game ignored that feeling.''Well, that egle looked realy mighty, but it was something that wasnt right, I think it was meant for it to fly away. Maybe the quest is programed that way. Youre not gonna succed on your first try, you must choose a way to continue. No quest is a walk in the park aint it?'' she was thinking about the alternatives Kalesh had said.''Hmm... I think we should continue on, trying to find another nest somewhere, but that time, we should advance more darefully so we not scare that one off as well dont you think?'' she looked at her companion for a few seconds, then she started to climb higher up on the mountain.

Kalesh nodded softly in agreement, trying not to grin when she kicked her rock. Thankfully she didn't look about to fall over so he didn't dote on her too much. If it looked like she was going to fall that would be another matter he supposed. That said he started to climb as well, working their way up the mountains, giving her a slight reminder "Keep in mind... while familiar can only be so big, that's -after- they shrink down to that size... You could tame a dragon and have it the size of a lap dog, so if we find a giant bird... Well..." He grinned and said "Let's hope it enjoys the meat you bought." He chuckled softly, he'd heard of similar 'traps' in mmo. The tiny version runs off and tattles to the big version for the grand fight to come. Like a younger sibling getting the bigger siblings to beat up a bully. "What eagle in your mind's eyes? Bald eagle? Lots of species to pick from!"

They cimbed the mountain, meter by meter, getting higher and higher up. The few bushes and trees turned smaller and smaller when the climate got more and more harch. ''Well, always when I think of eagle. I think of golden eagle. They are so majestetic.'' She stopped turned around and looked down. The wind catching her hair that fluttered from the gusts.''To have a golden eagle as pet, understanding me and always beeing close to me, that would be magicaly.'' she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, breathing the fresh air. It felt just when she climbing the mountains back in the real world. If they would catch a golden eagle, she would come back here from time to time, letting it fly in its home-environment. She could stand like this for hours, but they wouldnt catch an eagle that way. She turned around and continued the climb.

Kalesh nodded in total understanding "I see. The gold eagles are very beautiful, I admit. Having one of those would be quite the sight to behold." He smiled happily, glad she had her sights set on something. He himself had far too extensive a memory of MMO creatures to decide on any single creature at the moment. He had hundreds of favorites to choose from. "I have no clue what I want, if I am totally honest... Dragons are too obvious, I don't really want any realistic creatures, but there are so many to choose from!" He chuckled softly "Humanoid, undead, sentient suit of armor, fairies, golems, elementals..." He lists off various types of fantasy pets he could potentially have. He gasped as a rock got kicked loose as he rattled on, managing to slam his hand to another rock before he could slip before saying "U-uh, false alarm!" He chuckles and continues the climb with her. He always enjoyed rock climbing in the real world. He was so light that lifting his weight was easy, which was a major plus.