[PP-F7] Where the eagles fly <<Feeding the enemy>> (Kalesh)--Complete--

This trip, that she thougth was just gonna be a boring searching. But it turned out pretty fun this far. Except for the eagle they just killed, she had enjoyed it. A good company in a wonderful environment, and a goal when they accomplish it, she gonna have another friend. Two new friends in one day, could it be any better."Well, I dont want to have it in combat since it maybe gonna die. So I looked if familiars could help in another way, except beeing there for you when everyone else is busy, someone to play whit without beeing ashamed if they think your childish and someone that is always there for you, always." She was hoping they would find the one soon."But since they can have special abilities, I would like one to help me find ingredients for my alchemical brewing."

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He nodded in understanding of her words, smiling happily as his eyes idly turned to the side to glance out to the horizon away from the mountain, soaking in the lovely view with a contented sigh before he responded "Makes sense, there is a level of risk in having your familiar with you in combat..." He smirked and said happily "And if playing with an adorable small pet is childish, then I've been a child for my entire life." He smiled happily "It's always fun to pet random kitties out and about in town... once you convince them you aren't a bad guy. I have a specific technique for that. That might just be me, but I don't think I'll ever outgrow fun and play." He shrugged his shoulders. He was in a virtual reality MMO, if that little detail wasn't obvious then he would be rather surprised. Gaming itself was essentially the same type of thing in his head at least. "I'd like a combat familiar I think." He says while extending his hand to the heavens as if reciting Shakespeare in a play. "A stalwart ally to fight alongside me in the thick of battle, defending the other and striking down foes we could never hope to best alone. The bond and trust between us only growing as we grow in strength as if we are one!" With his moment of drama he chuckles and corrects his stance to his usual one "So yeah, I'm aiming for a pet pal who can aid me more directly. As much as I enjoy gathering materials, I'm in no rush to have a huge stockpile. I picked up fishing as a time waster. If I get some coinage as a side benefit then whoo, if not then I can just use them myself... Assuming I can catch anything." He grumbled something about Kayaba and how he needs to fix his game.

She looked at her new friend when he talked about playing not was childish, that he wanted someone to fight with him in the thick of battle.''Well, that sounds pretty awesome dude. It would definitively be epic. Likr in those movies, fighting countless numbers of enmies, but because your 'the good guy' you dont need to worry. You can survive anything.'' she got to think about something she had been very irritated on in movies and storys and such things.''Well, I actually think its kind of boring, that every single movie needs to have a happy ending. Even some horror movies have it. Thats probably I why I liked the game of thrones serie, several main characters, good and evil, died. When the first 'good guy' was gonna be executed I just waited for that rebel to come save him, or an arrow killig the executioner. Its sad but.'' she looked down kinda embarresed.''In some way I liked it. Not that he died, but that good main characters can and will die. That way, you cant predict the happenings as you can in almost every other such TV-series. Or what do you think?''

Kalesh had to nod in agreement with Zandra on her points about happy endings and what-not "Yeah, I am right there with you. It's definitely more dramatic and exciting when people can actually die rather than just get a boo-boo now and then." He chuckled softly "I looooved Akame ga Kill, an anime, for that. Anybody can, and often does, die." He smiled in recollection of memories of the past. "But if we are talking just about bad endings... that's kinda subjective in a way. You know? Some shows where the main character allows himself to be killed to save the world can be treated as happy or sad, y'know? I know of a few like that, really powerful in my opinion." He took a deep breath and turned his eyes away from the horizon and back to Zandra. "This isn't a show though, there is just as much a chance of a unhappy ending for thousands as there is a happy ending... That said, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the happy ending. I'm keeping myself armed and ready for if anything comes up to cause troubles." He shrugged his shoulders and said clearly "I'm not going to die."

Zandra listened to Kalesh.''Yeah, Im not gonna die either. Lets continue now.'' Zandra and Kalesh continued their search for a familiar to Zandra. When they got around a corner, there was a nest just ten meters ahead. Zandra stopped and took a step back, oushing Kalesh back before they revealed themselfs.''Sorry, but there is an eagle around the corner. I will try with the meat this time. Its nothing personal towards you I promise, but this I wanna do myself.'' Zandra opened her inventory and took out the meat as well as the recording crystal. She placed the crystal on the ground and activated it. When she carefully glanced at where the nest was she saw a feathered head looking towards them when the music started. She cutted the meat in two pieces with her dagger, threw half of it towards the nest without revealing herself. She saw the eagle slowly approaching the meat, looking suspicious on it. A few feets away it stopped for a few seconds, all focus on the meat. Then it started to eat.''Now we wait until it have finished eating.'' She whispered to Kalesh. Every now and then she looked how much was left. When there was only a little piece left she slowly walked into the bird point of view. It suddenly stopped eating and looked at Zandra. Zandra squatted down and held forth the meat with her right hand, in her left hand behind her back she held the recodring crystal, it seemed it worked with calming the animal. The eagle neither attacked her or flew away. With small steps the eagle closed towards the bigger piece of meat. Zandra carefully placed down the crystal on the ground behind her. Her now empty left hand slowly moved to her side. The eagle have started to eat of the meat, Zandra moved her hand towards its head to pat it. A few inches away the eagle got distracted by the hand and tried to bite it. Quikly the hand flew back and the eagle continued eating.''There we go.'' Zandra said with calm voice to the bird, it was an perfect example of a golden eagle.''Does it taste good?'' She sat down.''It realy was a long time since last Zita wasnt it.'' When she mentioned the word 'Zita' the eagle looked up. It met Zandras eye contact and angled its head to the side, it looke like it tried to say 'have we met before'. In several minutes Zandra sat and looked into the eagles eyes, and the eagle didnt do any attempt for neither attack or retreat. She tried to touch it again, with her right hand she started to scratch it on the backside of its head. The eagle closed its eyes and leaned its head towards Zandras hand, almost looking like it smiled.

ID: 35629 LD: 16+5=21 Succes!

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Kalesh watched with a bright smile on his face when Zandra said she had found another eagle. He nodded his head and gave her a thumbs up, calming his breath and stepping back so that she could work her magic while occasionally glancing to look at the bird. She seemed far more pleased with this bird than the last one, making him smile happily as the bird started to warm up and not attack. He half reached for his sword slowly when the eagle bit towards her but relaxed his hand when it continued to eat. He kept his eyes on the bird warily for now but when the creature finally let Zandra touch it he relaxed entirely. He kept his voice very low so not to spook the birdy as he says "Congratulations~" He silently claps his hands for her before turning to look to the horizon while she and her pet got acquainted. He wouldn't mind waiting for her to take her time, not in any real rush to go anywhere or do anything so he sat himself down while looking into the distance. He did take not of the name she used 'Zita' and figured that was the name of the bird in the real world she had befriended!

It seemed like this eagle was the right one for Zandra. Was it Zita actually Zita? It seemed that it reacted to that name, no it cant be. Probably programmed to react like that and that beeing some kind of password like thing. Nope, this was a virtual world and she was gonna pretend it actually was Zitas soul.''Well, I know this probably isnt Zita, but I dont care, for me she is. I didnt told you before but Zita died when she was just eight years old. It may sound stupid, but for me this is Zitas soul.'' she looked at the mighty bird she had suceeded in taming. She was proud of herself and gave Zita a warm hug. After a few seconds she let the grip go and stood up. She brushed away the wrinkles on her clothes and turned to Kalesh.''Well, Im realy greateful you accompanied me today, these items I gain from you have been of great help. Would have taken way longer time without them.'' She glanced at Zita and smiled.''So Kalesh, you wanna head back now? By the way, here is your tricking clover. And thank you again for your help. Not only the items but the compny as well.'' She gave him a warm friendly hug to express her gratefullness.''You have no idea how much this meant to me.'' she said and blinked  her wet eyes dry.

ID: 35629

LD: 16+5=21

Name: Zita

Owner: Zandra

Type: Golden eagle

Enhancement: Treasure hunter

Zita is a golden eagle that lived in the mountains on floor seven. Zita is not only one of Zandras best friends, she also help her to find treasures while she is out in Aincrad, adventuring and exploring. There is few things that her sharp sight miss and therefor gives Zandra +1 on her LD rolls.

Zita_zpsvmg8payn.jpg

Kalesh chuckled as he got another hug, returning it happily before he started to go through menus "I see, happy to hear you got to meet Zita again, no matter the method or in what world." When he was done swiping and tapping at the air, a pop-up would appear on Zandra's point of view. It was a friend request sent by Kalesh. He figured if they were on hugging terms then she was close enough to be considered a friend. Plus she hadn't thrown him off the cliff or shanked him with a dagger, so all in all he didn't think he had to worry too much! "I'm happy I could help, really, you enjoy your familiar to the fullest!" He happily accepts his accessory back and puts it into his inventory for later if he needed it. "Thank you again for the potion and crystals, I promise you they will be of great help to me." He chuckled softly and nods as he takes a deep breath. "Yeah, let's head back... Heheh. Going down a mountain is always the hardest for me. The fastest ways aren't the safest." He rolls his eyes and then looks to Zandra, noticing the tears he gave her a soft smile and said "I am sure you two will need some time to yourselves to bond." He smirked, hoping Zita was everything she hoped for and more!

Zandra answered positively to Kalesh friend request and the two.. three companions headed back, two climbing down the mountainside while the third circled high above them. It was a dangerous climb, and bothe of the two humans was close to slip more then once, thou Zandra several times more then Kalesh. But he had doen it in the real world so probably knew some tricks to keep your balance. The wind was getting calmer and calmer as well when trees and burshes apeared more frequently, giving them a natural protection against the wind. After some struggle they was back to town. A dozen meter away from the warp gate Zandra stoped and turned to the man.''So, I guess this is it for today then.'' the Zita had sat down on a pillar just a few meters away, looking at the two players.''As I said before, have been fun adventuring with you and you have been of more then great help.''

He hadn't actually climbed a mountain before, just practiced it with lots of rock climbing now and then as a sort of hobby. It was always great fun and just challenging enough to make him feel pride when he reached the top. That said he was very wary on the way down, keeping his hands constantly at the ready to catch himself or Zandra should falling begin to happen. He was all kinds of thankful that nobody fell though, making it to the bottom and to town safely! When Zandra figured that the day was done he had to nod in agreement "Ohh yes, this was more than enough exercise for one day in my opinion." He stretches himself out, arms in the air as he even got on his tip-toes to get himself nice and loose. "I'm going to go find myself an inn to nap in. It was fun adventuring with you, I agree! I'm just happy I could be of some help." He smiled happily to the other player before adding "Hopefully I'll see you around sometime! It's always great to explore a floor with a friend." He smiled and glanced over to where Zita was sitting, giving her a wave too "That applies to you too I suppose!" He smirked to himself, talking to a virtual birdy. Well, he talked to real birds too. It was just as insane, really.

Zandra got kinda glad when she herd that the man had also enjoyed the day, even when it was she that got a new familiar. Well, maybe he felt like her, that the adventure was the reward, or how you say.''So, I think this is it then. Im certain we will meet again some day, maybe finding some important for you. Im gonna have one of those crystals ready for you, hopefully.'' she said smiling at him and Zita agreed. Zandra saw when the man entered the warp gate and disapeared in a flash of blue light.''Well, do you wanna come and see how I live Zita? Maybe we have to move if its to cold for you.'' When Zandra entered the warp gate as well the eagle flew in and sat on her shoulder.''Snowfrost town.'' she said while looking at her new companiion with a big smile on her face.

---Complete---

Kalesh:

+2 SP

+400 Col (2 complete pages/2)

Zandra:

+2 SP

+400 Col

The familiar Zita, and golden eagle

The title: Eagle Tamer

Edited by Zandra Zvift