[PP-F7] Where the eagles fly <<Feeding the enemy>> (Kalesh)--Complete--

Zandra was climbing side by side by the red-haired man. She was so happy he had wanted to accompany her, and even more, he had given her food and borrowed her a lucky sharm. When she had her golden eagle she would thank the man for his help. Right, a golden eagle, was they realy gonna be able to catch one. Zandra tried to spot another nest somewhere. There was nothing in sight, but maybe when they reach the top they will be able to see any other nests. ''So thats why you offered me these items? Your planning on get someone special yourself, but dont know what kind yet? I see I see. Well, before we met, I ordered one of those songs from my rfiend Jomei, if he make it I will contact you and give it to you, if you havent got a familiar yet of course.''

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kalesh blinked and looked over to Zandra as if to silently ask if she was serious. He smiled slowly though and said "Really? Well, it would certainly be appreciated. I wouldn't ask that of you though, the trade for the consumables you gave me seemed fair." He chuckled softly, not saying aloud he considered the items he was given to actually be worth far more. "But yeah, I thought I knew at one point, but things changed." He shrugged his shoulder "I'm impulsive like that. If I don't decide on something and set myself to it, I am just as fast to second guess." He shrugged his shoulders "But yeah, that food and crystal were meant for a familiar I never actually found." He reached up for a higher up rock having to abandon the hold his legs had to let them dangle as he lifted himself up by his hands until his legs found a new spot to step onto. "Oof... But yeah, I want a pet that is... fantastical. Something unique or I identify as a symbol of my power." He smirks to Zandra "No offense, an eagle is definitely a strong symbol of power too! It's just... a bit natural for my personal taste." He hoped it was taken in stride, not trying to belittle at all, lots of people had gotten normal familiars and they were wonderful pets! That just was not his path.

Zandra looked at the man. Did he think she was stupid picking an eagle as familiar? He maybe thinked she should take this opportunity, in this game you are able to have a for example dragon as pet.''So you think I would take something thats not possible to get in the real world ey? Since we can get that wehn we comes ou.. I mean if we comes out of this freakin' death game.'' the thougth about that they was actually in a game of life and death, and here they was mountain climbing, looking for a pet. When she thougth about it that way it felt kinda pathetic. Suddenly she slipped, when she was thinking of other thing she had griped about a rock that didnt was stuck in the mountain, she tumbled down, couldnt stop due to the built up momentum, luckily she saw a small tree. She took a stedy grip. It felt like her arms was gonna snap when her body passed the tree and stretched out her arms. But she didnt released the grip. Then she pulled herself up and started to climb again towards Kalesh.''Im fine, not too dangerous. Just wait a little, I'll be right back up at you.'' this time she looked at where she placed her hands.

Kalesh laughed and shook his head "Nononono, I didn't mean it like that! Everybody has personal tastes. Some people want a cute dog, some people want an imposing and powerful bird of prey-" He gave her a wink "-, and other people want a beast of pure elemental fury. Seriously, if you want an eagle I fully support it. It's just not my choice." He grinned mischievously and adds "It's like my hair. Just because I dyed it red doesn't mean I look down on people who keep their natural hair or pick another color." His smile swiftly vanished when Zandra slipped, his eyes going wide as he reached out to grab her and missed, gritting his teeth as he said "Oh no, I am not staying up here alone!" He yells down to her, grabbing his sword and letting go, sliding his way down a bit until he had some momentum before jabbing the blade into the mountain, slowing himself until he got another firm hold at about her level. "You sure you are okay?" He asked, aware you could temporarily mess up your limbs for a short while if you weren't careful.

''I survive.'' she smiled and gave Kalesh the thumb up.''After all, they have removed the pain from the game havent they?'' she stood up and brushed of the dirt from her clothes. Then she realised what Kalesh must have done, he was up there whith her, and now he is down here with her. Had he slided down all the way to help her. She blushed when she understood she have met yet another gentleman.''You know you didnt needed to come down here, I can climb on my own, I just got cougth in the thinking that this actually is a life and death game, I know you should enjoy these moments. When having some nice calm time with your friends. But out there, our bodies are probably beeing pumped full of vitamins and such that they pump into the blood at hospitals. But without exercise our body will fade away, even with vitamins. If you know what I mean?''

Kalesh shrugged his shoulders and said fairly clearly with a mischievous edge "And leave my partner to potentially get picked off by a predator? Ohhh no, I am sticking close. Especially after a tumble like that." He slowly lost his smile when she mentioned the hospital, nodding in idle understanding as he pulls his sword from the mountain and sheathed it. "Nah, it's cool. It's important to think about that type of thing now and then... after all.." He gestures upward "It's a good motivator to keep climbing, both this mountain and to the higher floors, no?" He sighed softly as he looks his body over with a hum. "I have one of those types of bodies. The kind that seems to never gain or lose weight... as long as they keep the sustenance going I should be... okay, I guess, but I'll definitely be weaker from the lack of moving around. I do try to walk everywhere and do some lifting just to keep atrophy at bay... not really an option in here, hm?" He shrugged his shoulders weakly, taking a deep breath to center himself. "Either way, I won't dwell on it. I've always been weird. I regard my body as more a tool to experience than the world than really 'me'. This virtual body is just as real to me." He chuckled softly "Just missing a few features and having a few extra ones."

Zandra looked at the crimson man in front of her, he was remebering of someone, but she couldnt remember who. That man also had kinda red-ish hair, and he tolld her that talking about reality and such sometimes was something we must do to remember we are humans.''Well.''she looked at the sky, where next floor would be.''I havent yet participated in any floor boss fight. Thou Im training to do so, wanna be of any help. So we can exit the game and return to our real bodies as soon as possible. But I more and more wish we wont make it. Well, I realy dont want anyone to die of course. But when we complete and defeat the hundred floor boss, all this gonna disapear. And finaly Ive got real frie...''Zandra turned quiet and looked away. Once again the thougth from the real world got into her mind. She cant keep doing like this when with others. She have to cheer them on and be positive.''Nevermind, lets continue. We wont catch any eagle with just standing here aint we?'' she said, smiling and started to climb the stone wall.

He smirked as he climbed beside her, happily saying "Then we share a goal. I myself am took weak at the moment, at least by my standards, so I am training as well." He shrugged his shoulders softly "Not that clearing floors is the only way to help." He looks up ahead, extra careful with his path up now since he got a very real idea of how bad a mess up could go. "Crafters, gatherers, heck, just giving people someone to talk to. Fighting might be the thing that actually gets us closer, but those people need a level head and a strong weapon, right?" That was his opinion at least. Even the weak had a role to play, even someone like himself who could only leave small blips on a radar could help someone kill a field boss, even if it was just shorter by one turn. He was fine with talking about the real world, about to mention he had a sister but she seemed unwilling to talk about the real world anymore so he kept his eyes up to the horizon, deciding to joke instead. "I dunno, it might think we are too busy to fight and swoop down to get us!" He chuckled softly at the idea. "Preferably a giant one that can grab us in its talons and take us to the top." He rolls his eyes, doubting he would be so lucky instead of being dropped down the cliff.

Zandra let out a gigle to Kalesh joke. She was just gonna counter with a joke herself when she spotted something up and behind Kalesh. There was another nest! She got so excited she couldnt say a word, just pointed upwards where their new destination. She started to climb towards it, thou this time much more careful then before. She checked three times before she placed her foot on a rock and let it take her whole weight. She could feel the excitment growing inside her. Most of all she just wanted to rush to the nest and see if there was a eagle there. But then it would probably be a deja vu, like at the previous nest. She glanced over her shoulder to look at Kalesh with a smile from ear to ear and a thumb up. Signalised with her hands to be quiet and slowly approach the nest.

Kalesh nodded softly in understanding, returning her thumbs up before taking a breath and holding it as he climbed, careful not to grab any rocks that looked insecure or make unnecessary noise as he climbed after her, letting her take the lead. If he got too close he'd probably tip the bird of prey off, so he left it to the beastmaster-to-be to take care of the details like using the crystal to lure the beast and then offer it the meat. That said, this time he was ready. If she dropped for any reason he was going to reach out to grab her if he could in any way. One drop was far more than enough for one day he thought! He himself was rather excited for her, happy that he could be of help to people, even without killing something. He had a role to play!

Zandra climbed the last way to the eeagle nest. She placed the crystal that was gonna increase her chance to taiming it. She also putted forth the meat. Then she rose to see if the eagle was gonna be hers, or what you call it. But when she saw the golden eagle she didnt tohugth that any could look like that. It was a digrace to the mighty golden eagles. Never that she would accept this as her familiar. She quickly putted away the meat and recording crystal, she was gonna take it down. She charged up her most poerful sword art to take it down in ine hit. But she didnt succeded, the eagle still had a tiny bit of health left.''That was not what I meant when talking about golden eagle, take it out of my sight Kalesh.

ID: 35464

LD: 9+5=14

BD:  10 Crit +2 7x4x1=28-7=21

MD: 3 Miss

Zandra: 52/52 (9/13)

Golden eagle: 5/26

Edited by Zandra Zvift

He blinked in surprise as he was suddenly put into a combat situation, gasping as he said "Woah, wasn't ready!" He says with a slightly nervous chuckle, climbing himself up to her level and drawing his sword, swinging at the alerted and hostile eagle which flew out of his range, evading Kalesh's attack despite his best efforts. "Tsk, sorry, missed him! He'll come around again for a swoop soon, we should be able to get him again when he does!" He smiled apologetically to Zandra. It was too bad she didn't get what she wanted this time around!

ID: 35465

BD:  2+2=4 Miss

Zandra: 52/52 (9/13)

Kalesh: 72/72 (14/16)

Golden eagle: 5/26

Edited by Kalesh

Zandra saw Kalesh coming, jumping pass her and strike towards the bird, but the nearly dead bird flew up out of the reach and made a loud screesh, before it came diving towards the two of them. Zandra charged a sword art, ready to bring this one down, Before the eagle got in reach, Zandra countered with jumping up towards it. She made three cuts, each in a different angle. A red triangle appeared on the eagle while its healthbar reduced from red to zero. A few moments later, the golden eagle esxploded into thousands white pixels. When Zandra landed she landed in the nest. When she turned to Kalesh he could see tears rolling down her cheeks.

ID: 35466

BD: 4+3=7 Hit 5x3x1=15-7=8 Damage

MD: Dead before action

Zandra: 52/52 (7/13)

Kalesh: 72/72 (14/16)

Eagle: 0/28 Dead

LD: 2+5=7 No loot

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Kalesh smiled and was about to give congratulations to her when he noticed the tears. He blinked a few times while trying to process it before realizing she must really like eagles that much. "H-hey, don't worry about it! It's not like it's gone forever, it will respawn, and besides, we should be able to find an even better one of we keep looking!" He smiled encouragingly, not able to do a whole lot more while on the middle of a mountain. He tried his best to calm her down at least a little bit. Getting too excited in the wrong place can lead to bad situations after all, most of which Kalesh would rather avoid. "I'm sure the next time will go smoother, we'll just have to go and see though, right?" He smiled, keeping his eyes ever forward so to speak.

Zandra wiped of the tears with her scarf."I know they gonna respawn. But it still feels hard for me. I didnt told you before but when I was young, I lived close to a zoo. And that zoo had a bird cage. Not that small for pet birds, it was hundred meters from side to side and fidty meters tall, covered by a net so they wouldnt escape." She turned around and looked at the view. They could see several kilometers away."Thete was one of the eagles, a golden eagle that was kind of mine since I visited there a few days a week to take care of it. She was so beutiful. And this one." She pointed at the nest."This one looked just like her brother."

Kalesh nodded as she spoke, taking it all into consideration before saying "I see... I guess that would be hard then, something so special in the real world seeming to be in this one..." He hesitates a moment before saying "Well... inspiration comes from everywhere. Perhaps the art team saw pictures from that zoo and used them?" He smiled curiously to Zandra "That might be why it looks so much alike, you know?" He chuckled weakly "Maybe you could even find one that looks just like the eagle from back then." He should have been more careful than to get her hopes up like that, but it just felt like the right thing to say for some reason. "That zoo sounds really impressive though. I don't know if we had anything like that in my home country..."

When Zandra herd that he mentioned her friend from the zoo could be here, her face turned happy, she got filled with new energy to keep going to search for another nest. Hopefully they would be able to find an eagle that was more cooperative then the two previously. She exited the nest and stood beside Kalesh, giving him a friendly hug.''Thank you Kalesh, you realy know how to cheer someone up dont you?'' she let go of the man, taking a few deep breaths to prepare herself to continue.''Well, we wont find her by just standing here do we?'' she giggled and turned around, couldnt decide which way to head on next.''Well, we are getting pretty high up now, should we continue up or go sideways instead?'' she asked Kalesh, since it seemed he had real life experince from mountain climbing.

He blinked in surprise at the hug but didn't fight it, instead smirking and instead reaching around to pat her on the back a few times. "Think nothing of it~" He felt the tiniest bit bashful at being asked if he knew how to cheer people up, taking it as quite the compliment before he says "My vote is on around. It's easier and there is a lot of mountain we haven't seen yet." He smiled and silently hoped he was right, or that there was at least one birdy who had that infamous 'somewhere in the world is someone who looks just like you' thing that people discover so often. "Onward to victory and success!" Says Kalesh as he begins the walk around the mountain for the moment. It was definitely better than standing around, he had to agree with here there! "... You gonna get a falconer's glove or something so your familiar can rest on your arm?" He asked curiously, not knowing a whole lot about eagles specifically but he did know they had sharp-pointy bits too that you don't want in your arm.

So, the two of them continued their journey. No longer fighting the gravity by climbing upwards, noe they walked sideways instead, around the mountain. Otherwise, when you reach the top and see something lower down, You have climbed all that extra way when you could have much easier walked around it. Then he mentioned an obvious thing she havent thougth about a tiniest bit of. To get a glove to have the bird on her arm.''Hmm, thats an interesting question.'' she thougth if she knew someone that could make her a glove fit for that purpose. She had bought a few stuffs from tailors, for example the red clothes she was wearing at the moment.''I do know some tailors that maybe would be able to make one for me. But I think I skip that. The pain is removed from this game and I dont plan on having my familiar in battle, so if I lose health because of its claws, I can offer that.'' she stoped to take a closer look on the surrondings.

He nodded in absolute understanding, a smile stuck to his face as he asks "Oh, so a non-combat familiar? Are you looking to get one with special stats or no?" He asked curiously, obviously unable to tell for himself the type she was searching for. He casually thinks about his options and the pets he would not like to have. When she mentioned knowing tailors he grinned and said "I see. Hope they can make you a nice one if you do decide to go for it. I don't think you need to be that worried about the talons though, you are right." He shrugged his shoulders and looks forward, certainly happy that they were talking a calmer route at least for now. Getting some stamina back didn't really have any cons in his opinion. The worst thing that could happen is they spend a little more time looking at the end of the day. For her sake he hoped her luck improved in finding the perfect little familiar for herself.