[PP-F1] Chapter 1: Begining of a journey. (Zandra, Calrex, Jomei)

Zandra gave the two men's a happy smile.''If you letting me decide, you better be ready, we have no time to lose.'' she quickly swiped thru her inventory when they herd the wolfs scratching and biting on the doors, it couldnt be much left on those door now. She glanced over the bush, it seemed none have herd or spotted the small group of players hiding in the bushes. Then she looked up the her companions.''Jomei, you take the right one and Calrex the left, then we meet up on the middle one 'kay?'' she didnt waited for an answer, they needed to speed this up if they would be able to save the brothers that probably was in one or several of those barns. When she jumped out of the bush she still had her whip at her waist.''Now guys! Charge!'' she filled her lungs with air and moved her right hand to her mouth, and in the hand she held the amphibian war rally horn. She blew in it, the sound beeing much louder then it should from such small horn. All wolfes looked up, but they didnt get to do much more before beeing paralyzed by the sound. Next second she saw a blue and a green shape dart pass her on either side, a smile spread on her face.

HP/BP:
Barn 1: 8/16 -4
Wolf 1: 8/8 Paralyzed
Wolf 2: 8/8 Paralyzed
Wolf 3: 8/8 Paralyzed
Wolf 4: 8/8 Paralyzed

Barn 2: 8/16 -4

Barn 3: 8/16 -4

Zandra: 116/116 (29/29)
Calrex: ???/??? (??/??)
Jomei: ???/??? (??/??)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 42949
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Disguise +1) = 6
Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +2) = 8 (Disregarded Due to Paralyze)
Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 18 (Materials Found)
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated / <<Disguise>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 44 Remaining)

At the sound of Zandra's horn Calrex gave a nod to Jomei as he quickly rushed forward, leaping skywards as the Grand Blade became coated in the familiar electrical aura of his <<Lightning Fall>> Sword Art.Descending back down he saw the wolves preparing to dodge, but as he got halfway back to the ground his form quickly shifted.

His hair lengthened and shorted in certain area before shifting to a ginger tone, with his sword shrinking to the size of a dagger. Comleting his illusion of Lowenthal he stabbed his weapon into the ground, dispersing the energy outwards. The electrical blasts struck the wolves, eliminating each as they burst into crystals.

Giving a calming breath Calrex flicked his weapon as the illusion of the Master of Shadows faded out, "Alright, one barn secured!"

Loot List:
4 Materials

HP/BP:
Calrex: 285/285
Barn 1: 8/16 -4
Wolf 1: 8/8 Paralyzed (10 DMG * 7 Art = 70 DMG)
Wolf 2: 8/8 Paralyzed (AOE)
Wolf 3: 8/8 Paralyzed (AOE)
Wolf 4: 8/8 Paralyzed (AOE)

Edited by Calrex

As Zandra yelled out for the trio to charge forward, Jomei did just that. Bursting out from the bushes he held his rapier at his side and ran towards the group of wolves that he was assigned to. It seemed Zandra's call had put the wolves into a state of confusion, stopping them in their attacks in the barn and shifting their focus, looking for the ones that made that noise. The irishman knew that these guys were just Floor One mobs, so they should not be too tough to take on. However, Jomei thought too soon, for he was not able to activate a sword art in time, and needed to call off his attack. He skid to a stop before reaching the wolves and stood, glaring at them. "Well, what're you waiting for? Come get me!"

ID: 43331
BD: 2 (miss)

HP/BP:
Jomei: 133/133 (30/32)
Barn 1: 8/16 

Zandra saw her two male companions entering the battle field, she smiled when she saw Calrex taking out all wolfs that was attacking the first barn. Jomei on the other hand, by some reason he didnt activated a sword art. Instead he, teased them? Zandra shrugged her shoulders, she was gonna give him another try, so she charged up her own, very very weak, but only area of effect sword art and rushed towards the group in the middle. When all of the wolfes was in range, they snapped out of their paralyze, but they was still a little dizzy and didnt got the opportunity to deliver an attack, neither at her or the barn. When she released her attack, the whip twirled, striked each one of them once. Their thick fur stopped a little of her damage, but she reduced all of them to half their starting health.

ID: 43556
BD: 6 Hit 6x1x1=6-2=4 Damage +AOE
MD: Ignored because of paralyzed

HP/BP:
Wolf 1: 0/8 DEAD
Wolf 2: 0/8 DEAD
Wolf 3: 0/8 DEAD
Wolf 4: 0/8 DEAD

Barn 2: 8/16
Wolf 1: 4/8
Wolf 2: 4/8
Wolf 3: 4/8
Wolf 4: 4/8

Barn 3: 8/16
Wolf 1: 8/8
Wolf 2: 8/8 
Wolf 3: 8/8 
Wolf 4: 8/8 

Zandra: 116/116 (28/29)
Calrex: 285/285 (44/62)
Jomei: 133/133 (30/32)

Edited by Zandra Zvift

ID: 43596
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3) = 5 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
<<Howl>> Activated (+3 Hate to all enemies / 1 Energy Recovered / 45 Remaining)

"Keep up the good work guys!"

Looking over he saw Jomei had hesitated in his strike. Figuring that they shouldn't risk the barns continuing to get attacked he quickly raised his sword high, the light blue glow of his <<Howl>> skill quickly surrounding the Grand Blade before he slammed it into the ground, releasing the energy out in a monstrous roar.

"Let's see if that got their attention."

HP/BP:

Wolf 1: 8/8
Wolf 2: 8/8 
Wolf 3: 8/8 
Wolf 4: 8/8 

Calrex: 285/285 (44/62)
Jomei: 133/133 (30/32)

Edited by Calrex

Calrex seemed to catch the attention of the wolves, draw them away from the barn a bit to give Jomei a chance to take them all on at once. Bringing his blade across his body, he ran forward at the group of hounds. With one slash upwards, he left deep red marks on the wolves, he then brought his sword back for a second blow, taking out the four wolves instantly. He then quickly turned to look at Calrex and Zandra, the later still fighting against her group of wolves. 

ID: 43619
BD: 7

Sweep: 2x9 = 18 AOE

HP/BP:

Wolf 1: 0/8
Wolf 2: 0/8 
Wolf 3: 0/8 
Wolf 4: 0/8 

Jomei: 133/133 (27/32)

Zandra had just delivered her AOE attack and reduced the wolfs health to half when she herd a howl. Oh darn it. Is there some kind of mid field boss? Just hope we can take it. But when she looked at where the sound have came from, she saw it was just Calrex that had activated his Howl skill. When she glanced towards Jomei he made quick work of his group. Zandra smiled, this was almost to easy, but after all, they was on the first floor. She looked forward to how it was gonna be higher up. But now she need to focus here and now. She woud be able to take this group out if she could land a hit. She charged up her AOE skill, to be sure to hit, she also activated her <consentration> skill to make sure she would make a succesful hit. She saw the wolfs attack the barn door and let it lose. All of them died, or that was what she thougth. But one of the health bar was still there. She looked around and it had ran towards Calrex, but it didnt hitted him.''What are you doing Calrex? He was mine kill.'' she said and stared at him.

ID: 43820
CD: 9 3/4 attacks barn 1/4 attacks player-Calrex-

BD: 4+1+1 Hit 6x1x1=6-2=4 Damage +AOE
MD: 1 Missed player

HP/BP:

Barn 2: 5/16 -3
Wolf 2: 0/8 DEAD
Wolf 3: 0/8 DEAD

Wolf 4: 4/8 -At barn 1-

Edited by Zandra Zvift

ID: 44161
Battle Die: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 4 (No Materials Found)
Sword Art <<Slant>> Activated (1 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 44 Remaining)

"Oops sorry about that. Force of habit. I think I've been playing tank a bit too much, heh."

Looking down at the wolf that just engaged him in combat he gave a small sigh, weaving to the side. At the same time he triggered his <<Slant>> Sword Art, cutting the creature as it leapt by as it almost instantly burst into crystals. Giving a sigh of relief the bluenette flicked the Grand Blade into a reverse grip so that he could resheath back into the scabbard on his back.

"Alright then, that takes care of the last of them. Let's check and see if those NPCs are alright."

HP/BP:

Barn 2: 5/16 -3
Wolf 2: 0/8 DEAD
Wolf 3: 0/8 DEAD

Wolf 4: -6/8 (10 DMG * 1 Art = 10 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

Jomei watched as Zandra made quick work of her group of wolves, except for one which managed to break off from the group. It swiftly made its way to the barn, probably trying to blow the door down with the last of its energy. Just what the hell was inside these barns.. and why were there three of them? Jomei began to run towards the last wolf as it clawed at the barn door, but Calrex was faster and demolished the level 1 creature. Jomei slowed to a stop just before his party. He spun his rapier in his hand before placing it back in its sheath on his waist, "That was easy enough. Alright, I guess we should see just what these wolves were so interested in.."

Suddenly a man tumbled out of the bushes behind them. It was a blonde man with dirty clothes. They immediatly recognized him as farmer Jack.''How is it goin'? Do I come to late?'' he looked at the three barns. His eye-brows rised when he saw neither of the doors was open.''Oh my, you guys are good. Not let any of the doors down.'' he walked past them towards the closest barn.''Well, now that they are safe you can go back to town. I'll handle things from here.'' he stretched his hand to the handle on the closest barn while waving to the three-man strong group to leave.

Zandra saw the farmer that fell unconsious just an hour ago or so tumble out from the bushes behind them. It was kinda strange. He seemed pretty exhausted when they left him, and the small party walked pretty fast when heading to this place. Something wasnt right here. Zandra got even more curious when the NPC opened its mouth and started to talk. They had just cleared the open space between a pack of wolfes and they wont see what they had protected? Zandra opened her inventory and equiped her beginner whip. She swung it and the tip spun a few rounds around his wrist. She pulled the handle so his hand moved from the handle and turned him around facing the group. Zandra took a few steps forward so she was just a a feet from him. Both hands grabbed his collar in a tight grip and pushed him at the wall. She stood on her toes to be face to face with him.''This sounds pretty curious. How did you caugth up to us so fast? Whats inside those barns that we are not allowed to see?'' she said while staring into the silent mans eyes.''Guys, maybe you can get something out of him.'' she released her grip to let the other made him talk when she failed.

Spoiler

Information table(BD):

1. No information
2-5. A comment or two.
6-11. Quite some information
12+. Tells everthing

+1/barn door not broken
+1 if you have a skill that increase your persuasion. Thou be realistic.''Im looking for a material and found it because of my search skill'' or ''I spin in place doing AOE with my gratswordsword art.'' does not count.
+1 If you role play it realy good.
-1 For each less then four full lines posts.

Edited by Zandra Zvift

ID: 44225
Battle Dice: 2 (+1 Barn Door Intact / I'll leave the skill and roleplay up to your judgement :P)

With the battle over Calrex looked as Jomei and Zandra put away their weapons. However, almost immediately after they did so the NPC from the cafe they had initiated the quest within appeared from the bushes. As Zandra had suspected, many things did not add up in his head. First was the fact the farmer was so quickly dismissing the group, as if he was trying to keep them from seeing what was inside the barns. Second, to his knowledge, they did not take more than a minute to eliminate the wolves, which would mean there was only one possible way that the NPC could have realistically caught up: He must have been following them, possibly faking his unconsciousness.

Walking over he gave a calming breath, "Geezes, interrogations were never exactly my forte in past games unless I had something like an alpha-beta-omega scanner or something."

He didn't pick up or pin the NPC, but even with his hands in his pockets the bluenette tried his best to exude a fearsome aura. Clenching his fists he triggered his <<Martial Arts>> skill, the glow enveloping his forearms as if he could attack at any second, "I'm not one for talking, so I would suggest that you do us all a favor and explain yourself. Either that, or open up those barn doors to show us what exactly you're keeping hidden."

Edited by Calrex

Jomei turned around when he heard someone come out from the bushes where they were initially hiding. It was the farmer.. and his wounds seemed to have magically healed. Nonetheless, he commended the man for quickly jumping back into action to help his brothers who may have been in danger. However.. something seemed off. Knowing how Jomei would have acted, he would have ran over to check to see if his brothers in the barn were fine the moment he saw the wolves were gone. What if some had gotten inside without him knowing? But instead, he kept the doors shut. Apparently he was not the only one who found this suspicious, for Zandra acted quickly.. trapping the man with her whip, asking him what the hell was going on. Seemed Calrex did the same thing, charging up his martial arts skill, ready to get the answers out of the man. Neither of them seemed to be able to get much.. Calrex got a little out of the man, but only one of two comments. Jomei sighed, "Let me see." he mumbled to the two as he walked past them and up to the farmer. He had a calm look on his face as he looked the man dead in the eye, slowly walking towards him.. "You know.. I'm not a very violent man.." And then, in a flash, Jomei's body lunged forward, his elbow and forearm driving into the man's throat, pushing him right up against the side of the barn. He moved his arm upwards so the farmer's toes were just barely touching the ground. Jomei then grabbed his sword from its sheath and held it just at the farmer's stomach, the tip of the blade piercing into his clothes, poking at his stomach "...But I don't like being lied to and mislead." his voice took a much different tone.. one the others had never heard before. "So tell me what you are hiding. Now."

ID: 44232
BD: 9 (+1 Barn door still intact) = 10

The farmer smirked at Zandra."Pfft... Im not gonna tell you anything, little girl." Then the blue haired man tried to threaten him as well. He startled Jack."Okay okay. Actually, I dont have any brothers." Then the ginger pressed him at wall of the barn, almost piercing his stomach. A wet spot appeared on the front of his pants. When Jomei let go he fell down on all four, shivering."In the barns, I have some rare mob loot thats gonna help me defeat a mid level boss at floor ten. But Ive been raided several times by bandits from floor two, elves from three and a group of Oce-elementals. If you can get those stuffs back, I will share what I have with you." When he was done a screen poped up infront of Zandra, Calrex and Jomei with four options.

-Trust the man and get back item from bandits on floor two

-Trust the man and get back item from elves at floor three

-Trust the man and get back item from ice elementals on floor four

-Dont trust the man, kill him and search thru the barns yourself

Zandra listened to the man when he explained himself. Normally, she accepted people pretty fast, sometimes too fast, and trusted others. That has been one of her good sides, but also bad since other people had used it to control her. She nooded at the farmer."Okay, I forgive you." She said to the farmer. She turned to her two compsnions."So, what do you think we should do?"

As Jomei managed to persuade the farmer the most effectively of the trio Calrex gave a nod, crossing his arms as he began to contemplate the information the farmer had given them about his equipment, "A floor ten mid-level boss...so it would take place in the cavern floor..."

Looking over at the farmer he gave a small sigh, "This is probably part of the quest in any case..."

"My guess is that we should check the second floor. If this quest goes in order, it would make sense for them to generate the next part on the next floor."

Giving a nod he looked over at Jomei, then Zandra, "How about you guys, suggestions on if we should take this or not?"

After realizing his method of interrogation worked, Jomei pulled his arm back, letting the man fall to the ground. The farmer sat on all fours, letting the information flow on what exactly was hidden in the barns and the value it held. Jomei kept his rapier clenched in his fist, still angry at the man for deceiving them. Although, it seemed his methods were in good intentions. The farmer said he had high level loot that would help in taking out a strong mob on floor ten, but some of the items were looted by different factions; bandits, elves, and even ice elementals. Jomei raised an eyebrow when a screen popped up in front of Zandra, most likely having to do with the whole idea of the chain quest. "I agree with Calrex," he said in a low, stern tone. "We should take out the bandits and work our way up.." Jomei shot one more quick, menacing glance at the farmer, who was still cowering on the ground, "Anything else you're lying to us about?"

Farmer Jack:

"Thank you guys..."he said looking at the two mens. Then he glanced at Zandra and rolled his eyes."...and girl." He then went into the barn nearest them. When he came back he carried a box with potions."Here you can take one each. And because you saved all three barns, you can take whichever you want." He placed the potions in groups of three. Each one having its own kind of buff and different qualities. He told them about each as well.

-Splash potion of the law. Works only before entering combat. Make one bandit change his mind and make him follow the law. On a CD of 4+/7+/12 one bandit join your side in battle.

-Potion of elder wisdom. When drinking this, you suddenly remember things about the elven history. You know the answer of 1/2/3 qustions asked by an elven elder.

-Potion of heat. Melts 1/2/3 feets thickness of ice-walls. Pour the potion on the ice and you gonna see it melt away in seconds.

Zandra:

so it seemed everyone had agreed to take the first choice. She pressed the button beside the choice and Jack offered them to take one potion each of different kinds and qualitys. It seemed like there was one that would give advantage for each of the options they could pick.''Well, Ive spent almost half my time here on floor four, so I guess I take potion of heat.'' Zandra picked up the potion of heat at the highest quality. When she grabbed it it felt warm in her hand. It almost wanted to try it out and drink it. She wondered how long time it would take for her to make these ones herself. She took a few steps back to let the boys pick which ever they wanted to take.

Edited by Zandra Zvift

"Huh, these potions have some interesting effects to them. Might as well give it a try."

"Well, since we're going down the line, I'll take the elven potion then."

Giving a nod to his teammates Calrex approached the farmer NPC and picked up the highest rank potion for the elven items, adding it to his inventory, "The only question will be if I get to keep hold of the knowledge that it grants, or if it quickly fades right after I use it."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets he looked over at Jomei, figuring that the young man would likely get the bandit potion in order to cover all three floors, but there was always the chance he would grab a different one as well, "In any case, we can always exchange potions if we decide another floor would be more suitable than the one we chose."

Seemed as though some of the items the farmer had on him to help out their small group were various potions. Each one seemed to fit a different scenario of the chain quest.. one to help fight the bandits, one to help with the elves, and a final to melt ice walls. Jomei took a deep breath, letting the rest of his annoyance with the farmer dissipate. Zandra was the first to choose, and she decided to hold onto the potion used to melt the ice walls. Calrex went next, taking the one for the elves. Jomei shrugged his shoulders, "I suppose I'll hold onto the bandit one then." he said, picking up the bottle and letting it vanish into his inventory. "Alright. I'm ready to head out whenever you guys are."