[PP-F1] Chapter 1: Begining of a journey. (Zandra, Calrex, Jomei)

Zandra have been out on floor one to get some materials for her alchemy crafting. This time she was on floor one to get boar-tails that she pretty recently have started to experiment with. After spending a couple of hours out in the field she decided to take a break. She walked back to the town of beginning. When she got to the town she headed to a cafe in one of the outer district of the town. 'The golden cake' was the name of it. She entered the cafe at midday and wlaked towards the bar. There she ordered a slice of bluberry pie and some lemonade. Then she walked to a table that was infront of the window so she would be able to look at all interesting people that passed by. After a few minutes a waiter came to her table with a plate with her ordered pie and a bottle of lemonade. Zandra thanked for it and took a sip of the refreshing drink.

Edited by Zandra Zvift
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calrex gave a quick kiss to his wife, Teayre, when the two arrived at the gates of the Starting City. It had only been a night or two since the two had completed the <<Saying Vows>> quest, with the redhead turning into an orange player almost immediately after when her father appeared. While he still seemed to be in decent shape, it was pretty clear he wasn't getting as much, or as sound sleep as in the past. There were some small dark circles under his eyes, although it wasn't really noticeable unless in good-borderlining harsh light.

"I'll be right back. If there's any supplies you can think of we might need just send me a message I'll see if I can pick them up."

Stepping through the gates the bluenette gave a warm smile as he looked back before continuing into the district. As he turned a corner he gave a small sigh, "It certainly is an odd feeling to not have her next to me in the safe zones. But this is what she's decided. All I can do is keep her safe if/until she decides to take Redemption. No matter what happens I'll stay by her side."

Turning yet another corner the Ultramarine Knight looked around, an expression of confusion crossing his face for a second, "I don't remember being in this part of the settlement. Maybe I really didn't explore as much of the area as I thought."

Looking up he saw read the name of the place he was standing in front of, a cafe that called "The Golden Cake." It was certainly a most out of the way place compared to the Starlight Cafe, but he figured he'd give it a shot. Opening the door he stepped inside, "Maybe I can grab some stuff for Teayre and I to share today."

Hugging Calrex quickly she kissed him and waved him off. She didn’t care much for any supplies she was quite glad for the only time as she rested her hand on the barrier of the safe zone that stopped her entering Starting City. Shrugging she turned around and quickly sat down outside leaning against a tree. Watching as several players trained against the boars that lined the fields. Very few came near her, the ones who noticed the red head sat there quickly backed away as their eyes cast over her head. Letting out a small sigh Teayre couldn’t help but grin.

Edited by Teayre
  • 2 weeks later...

Manta walked through the starter city on the first floor. She used to spend a lot of time on this floor, but she had been spending more and more time on the fourth floor, with Erin. She walked through the town, in need of a good cup of coffee, or maybe even some cake. The majority of her gear was unequipped, with only her darkened rapier in it's sheath on her side. She had gotten tired of the stares she seemed to draw whenever she walked through this city. The perfect gear, and the equipment with Azure Brigades symbol on it just drew attention, and some of it wasn't welcome.

Of course, she would never relinquish her sword, even just to stick it in her inventory. And it wasn't like it had the azure brigade symbol on it. In fact, it didn't even look all that strong or special. The entire blade was pure black, and although the cross guard was extremely fancy, the lack of color made it look unremarkable. She turned a corner up ahead and pushed open the door to one of her favorite cafes, The Golden Cake. Surprisingly enough the chocolate cake was better than the vanilla. She walked in and sat down at a table, not paying any attention to the other people in the café.

In the outer district of town of the beginnings the small cozy cafe 'the Golden Cake' was placed. There you can buy many different things. Everything from choclate-cookies to reaspberry pie, black coffe to green tea. Yeah, almost anything you can think of that could be served at a cafe. The interior is in style of a medieval inn, with timber walls. There was a smell in the air that made you feel like you could sit there all day and only enjoy a good day at the cafe.

Suddenly the mood got disturbed by the door to the cafe opened up with a slam. All customers in the cafe looked up to see what was the source to the sudden sound. There was a blonde man in the entrance. He was clad in farmer clothes, hole on several places and here and there you can spot small patches of red pixels. He stumbled in, sweat dripping from his hair. He took some deep breaths before he started to speak.''Please... please someone help us... we got taken by surprise... Im the only one that... only one that escaped.'' she took nother couple of deep breaths.''Please, anyone...'' he fell down on her knees, breathing heavily.

Zandra was just gonna take her other piece of pie when the farmer barged into the cafe. When he fell down on the floor Zandra dropped the fork with the blueberries on and quikly rushed to the NPC. Zandra kneeled beside him and held him so he would fall and lay on the floor. Just when she was gonna start to talk, a notice poped up and told her that this was the beginning of a quest. Something was different, it had the word 'chain' infront of the quest-word.''Chainquest? What is that?'' she thougth it sounded interesting, so she pressed the accept button.''Thank you.'' the farmer said.''My name is Jack and I realy apprecciate that you want to help me. Me and my three brothers got attacked by wolfs when we was gathering wood in the forest. They succeded to make a diversion so I could run back and get help. They have barricade themself in a barn about half a kilometer west of here. Once again, than...'' then he stopped talking and lost conciousness.

As he stepped into the cafe Calrex gave a quick look around, but before he could even look at the menu a person moved into his peripheral vision, stumbling forward before collapsing to the floor. Kneeling down at the man's side he looked to see a young lady come to the man's aid, looking over to see that it was an acquaintance from the past, Zandra, one of the up and coming support players on the frontlines. It appeared that the man laying in front of them was an NPC, with a quest that seemed to trigger from the event.

"Well...this is certainly new. It almost seems like how it's been for the two gigantic monster I've encountered so far."

With the NPC completing his script Calrex looked over at his frontlines teammate, "Well this is certainly not something you see everyday. To my knowledge I haven't seen a quest line quite like this before."

Edited by Calrex
  • 2 weeks later...

"Well... you don't see that every day." The irishman said, his arms crossed, leaning against the open door frame that the NPC had just busted through. Jomei had been minding his own business, searching the Town of Beginnings for any one that needed help, or even someone who would want to join The Velvet Room, when suddenly, a man ran past him. The man was breathing heavily, as if he had been running for miles from something. Now that Jomei had a better look at the man, he could see he was an NPC, but more importantly, he looked like he had been attacked by something. Scrapes, deep gashed, even some bite marks covered his arms and tore into his clothes. He walked into the shop, past a waiter who stood there confused by everything that had just transpired. He stood behind Zandra, who was kneeling next to the farmer's unconscious body. 

Zandra had been completly focused on the NPC that fell unconsious and thinking about what he had said. She looked up and almost lost her balance when she saw the bluehaired man she have started to know outside of her shop.''Oh Calrex, you startled me.'' she said with a smile and before she regained her blance she felt something behind her, she looked back and saw a pair of legs, she followed them to watch the person it belonged to. It was Jomei.''Oh hi, you here too. What a coincidence.'' she rose and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She looked at the two.''So, this NPC gave me some kind of strange thing, chainquest. I have no idea what it is, but Im eager to check it out. What do you say? You know anything about this? If not, would you like to join me checking it out?'' she finished with an exitment expression on her face.

"A chainquest huh? Sounds interesting. Also sorry about that. I guess I assumed the clanking of my armor would give me away."

Calrex looked over as he saw Jomei come in. It was only a couple nights ago that the trio of he, Jomei, and Ssendom met up on the eleventh floor and had drinks to celebrate Jomei's relationship, giving a smile as he saw the young lady peck the ginger-haired player on the cheek. Getting back to his feet he put his hands into his jacket pockets as he looked at the two of them, "Nonetheless if you'd have my along, I'd be glad to lend a hand."

"I'd better message Teayre to see if she wants to come as well. If not then my short excursion might be a bit prolonged."

"You know I can't stay away from trouble." Jomei said with a smirk as Zandra rose up to her feet, softly planting her lips on Jomei's cheek. Jomei looked forward at Calrex and nodded, "Good to see you again too.. Happy we both got home safely that night we met with Dom." Jomei said with a nervous chuckle. There was a moment of the night he.. well.. did not remember. Ssendom left the two quite a hefty amount of col to pay for their drinks for the night, and the two made sure not to let it go to waste. "Anyway, I agree. A chainquest sounds interesting." smirking at Calrex again, "And I would feel insulted if you did not tag along." He turned back to Zandra, "Well, you're the captain here, Zan. Lead the way."

Zandra smiled, was happy that both wanted to accompany her. Then Jomei mentioned something about 'got home saftly'. Her face turned serious and she looked at her boyfriend, stared into his eyes.''What have you done? Have you done something dangerous without telling me?'' she looked at him, trying to see what he was thinking on.

She turned to Calrex. Her face expression changed to a smile.''I'd be glad if you lend a hand. Hopefully we not gonna engage a that mysterious broker again hehe.'' she said and let out a giggle.

''So Im the captain? Lets go then, we have a good wind in our sails.'' she stepped out of the cafe, it took a few seconds for her eyes to adjust to the bright sunshine outside. It took another couple of seconds before she had orientated herself and faced west. She glanced at the guys behind her.''That way.'' she said and pointed forward, starting to walk.

Calrex couldn't help but give a laugh as Jomei's lack of recalling their previous night's events, "Well, if you can't remember I can. You, well pretty much just drank too much. That's about it. I thought it was impossible to get drunk, but I guess I've been proven wrong, heh."

Giving a nod to Zandra's comment he felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head, "Yeah, I should have expected that to happen, since I soloed that quest before helping you out with it. Why I thought something different would occur I have no idea."

Following behind their elected team captain the Ultramarine Knight made sure all of his gear was equipped before following suit, making sure he formed a triangle alongside Jomei and Zandra.

Edited by Calrex

Jomei's eyes widened and he put his hands up defensively in front of his body, "No no, just a night of drinking with Calrex and Ssendom. Er... A lot of drinking.. Nothing to worry about." he said with a grin, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder. He then turned to Cal, who filled in the blanks of where his memory blacked out. "Ah, good. Glad to know I did not make an ass of myself.. I had not even planned to stay long, let along drink much at all." 

Jomei followed after Zandra with Calrex, in the direction she pointed. He lifted up his hand to open his menu, and with a couple of scrolls in his inventory, equipped his leather armor and rapier at his waist. "So, I seemed to have walked in a little late at the cafe there.. what exactly happened to that guy? And what are we looking for?"

When the two men had told her what have happened that night, she let out a sigh of relief.''Well, I guess thats an irishman for ya.'' she said and let out a giggle.

Jomei that had arrived later wasnt fully updated with what they was going to do.''Well, that farmer bursted in and it seems he and his brothers got attacked in the forest a kilometer west of here. They made a diversion so he could escape and get some help. So what we are going to do is found his brothers and save them from a pack of wolfes. It shouldnt be a hard quest since its on first floor. But due to the chainquest name, I guess its best if we take it carefully thou.'' she told Jomei. After half a kilometer the three player party reached the border of the forest and continued their walk into it.

"Sounds like an interesting quest. I guess this means we're going to be doing some fighting with the wolves then, or at least trying to drive them off."

Following along Calrex gave a calming breath as he kept pace, "Wolves tend to be a bit more spry than other monsters, but that doesn't seem to always reflect in SAO, especially now that I've for bonuses to my accuracy. Back when I was first starting out was when things were a bit tougher, but now this should be a cakewalk, especially with Zandra and Jomei here."

With a friendly smirk he gave a nod, "Well, I think we've got more than enough power across the three of us that this part should be quick."

Jomei nodded at Zandra's recap of the story, showing he understood. "Sounds pretty straight forward." he made note of the last thing she said..  that with the tag "chain quest" , the group should be careful. He had never heard of such a thing in this game before.. but piecing it together, it was most likely a long drawn out quest. Where this first part may be simple, taking on wolves or whatever on Floor One, this quest may end up bringing them up to Floor Thirteen for all they knew. Calrex brought Jomei back to the present time though, and the immediate task they had in front of them. "Yeah, I'm sure you're right. Should be a walk in the park for us." 

The three adventurers enter the forest.

Zandra was leading the two men thru the woods. It felt strange. She was the leader in a group of Calrex and Jomei. She glanced over her shoulder at them."It shouldnt be that much left now." Just when she had finished the sentence it got confirmed. They herd a growling maybe hundred meters ahead or so. Zandra slowed down a little and walked more carefully to not walk on any dry leafs or branshes that would alert their presence to whatever was there. She crouched down and hid behind a bush. What she saw on the other side was a big opening in the forest. There was three barns, each one had wolf attacking the door to the building. There was four wolfs at each barn. Zandra squat down to be completly cowered by the bush."There is three barns, each one guarded by four wolfs. The distance between the buildings would make it possible to attack any group without aggroing the others. Which barn should we take first?"

Batter points:

Barn 1: 12/16 -4

Barn 2: 12/16 -4

Barn 3: 12/16 -4

As Calrex followed the two he gave a nod as Zandra ducked down into the brush, crouching as he sat alongside the two, "Three barns, with four wolves at each, total of twelve enemies. Alright, that's not tough for sure."

"Well, whichever one we take I'll take point and use Howl to attract the wolves and keep them off of you two. We can wail on them after that."

Readying himself he gave a calming breath, looking back at Jomei and Zandra, "In any case, I'll leave this one to your call. From what I can tell there isn't any signs of one barn taking priority over the other, so this will most likely be a guessing game. If we need to speed up after taking one down I can go after the third barn while you two take the second."

"I should have more than enough energy to deal with four wolves, especially with this being the first floor. Of course, that'll just depend on how lucky I am with landing critical hits."

Jomei dropped down behind the shrubbery with Zandra and Calrex, his eyes peering over the girl's shoulder. He could see three small buildings built up in the clearing, barns by the looks of it. At each of the doors were a pack of wolves, scratching and clawing at the large red doors. They must have been trying to get at something inside of the barns, maybe the farmer's brothers. Jomei reached down and grabbed the handle of his rapier in a reverse grip, and spoke to Zandra in a whisper, "What do you think we should do? Take on one group at a time? Or should we try and take them all on at once to make sure none get into the barn without us looking."