Unique Skill Idea - Sword Saint

I wasn't really sure, what to call it so for now call it sword saint...

Basically, the core of the skill that makes it unique is that instead of having 1 unique weapon, they have 12. Each are have no name at first and can't be used, until each weapon gets a name by the player (via RP a thread)

The skill would have a max of 5 ranks, and  the sword arts are that of the of the normal weapons. So if you have 3 ranks in Sword Saint, You will have access to Rank 3 sword arts of every single weapon - so long as you've unlocked the weapons (via RP thread - one weapon per thread)

Pretty much like how you unlock the katana, you have to SP a thread per weapon. You will earn the unique weapon by the end of the thread.

the only problems I have now with this is... is this too broken? and what enhancements should each weapon have?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idunno about giving all those weapons... Most people wouldn't be able to carry that many because of the limited inventory space unless they got the extended weight skill. Even then you still have to spend your turn to switch out the weapon in a fight.

I think it'd be better if it came with one demonic that can just change into other weapons of the user's choosing like the thing Mari has.

P.S. Idunno if the site is going to follow canon and have there be only 10 unique skills, but if that's the case then there's a good chance the staff already have the remaining like three already made so...

Edited by Seul

I was thinking about that, but I thought it'd be too broken... Thing mari has?

Okay, what if it's just one weapon that changes? and each form is unlocked via RP. so it's not twelve weapons, but one weapon that changes with what the sword saint wants? That way it doesn't take up space, but being able to switch in between weapons would be too much, I think. having to change weapons for one turn would be good still.

Imo, 'Weapon master' would fit better then 'sword saint'. Since some of the weapons dosent even have a blade. If you mean based on 'sword arts', then it would fit better :)

About the skill itself, I think its good if the weapon-switch is what it does. Like dosent have special rules. The fourth enchantment on the weapon(one that change) could be what makes it able to change.'Re-form' or something'. Just my opinions about it :)

4 minutes ago, Rain said:

Right... then of the non canon ones? they'll be scrapped?

Which non canon ones?
If you mean the ones people set up in suggestions, they're probably not getting placed into the game, as the site sticks to canon as much as possible.

Edited by Macradon

The only canon unique skills are Holy Sword, Dual Blades, Darkness Blade, Battojutsu, and Infinite Spear. Holy Sword isn't available to players, so another skill was added. Achilles, Berserker, Shadowed Path, Duelist, Ravager, and Inquisitor are all the custom uniques, and they're already fleshed out with effects and SAs. So about half of them on-site are noncanon because there's not much information on the others.

Ravager and inquisitor?! Aha! moar info on uniques! Also, I'm guessing no one has infinite spear, and duelist? Cause I've been trying to hunt down all these uniques and who has them..

By the by... which unique does the Separoth guys have in the rumors? O.o Cause that's what I've been trying to hunt down. For my character and all..

Edited by Rain

I think the only claimed uniques at the moment are Achilles, Battojutsu, and Shadowed Path. So no, nobody should have IS or Duelist yet. I dunno if IS will be available right out of the gate though, 'cause last I checked it was ridiculously overpowered. Like, Dual Blades x 5.