[OP--NK-F2] Friendly Competition and Humble Dances

Opal had struck Baldur a powerful blow, and he once again saw that the bleed effect appeared next to his health bar in the top corner of his vision. She wasn't going easy on him, but she was still going easy on him. She had meant to come here in disguise and compete in the tournament. Still, she wanted him to not hold back so he wouldn't, even if Baldur felt like he couldn't take pride in his victory.

But he would win those cookies and milk.

Accepting the blows that Opal unleashed upon him, Baldur instead focused through the attack. He knew San Ge perfectly, ever move that it made, where the blade would be every second of the sword art, even though the system assist moved their bodies for them far faster than anyone could hope to move on their own.

But there was a small lag at the end of all sword arts, and Baldur knew exactly where that one was for San Ge.

It was right.... There.

Without hesitation, Baldur waited for that heartbeat where Opal would be trying to regain control of herself after the system assist let go of controlling her movements through the sword art. If he timed it right, she wouldn't be able to react.

<<Raijinken>> roared as Baldur struck her, the power that surged along his blade discharged with a thunderclap as the paralyze effect struck her, and left her unable to resist the rest of his most powerful attack. And as the sword art ended, Baldur slid to a stop in the dirt around where the two of them had fought. He had been ready to try and follow up with another sword art before his paralyze wore off, but he paused just before activating the sword art.

The duel was over. The game threw up the signal announcing Baldur's victory.

He paused and smiled.

"Well, I hope you got satisfaction from our fight, it was very close there. And while I appreciate you going easy on me, I'm going to hold you to our wager." He gave her a bit of a playful smile and a wink, as he sheathed <<Raijinken>> with a flourish.

"Thank you for the fight, I learned a lot."

@Opal HP: 496/1100 
EN: 68/110
Sword Art:   San Ge 9x7x2 - (14 Energy) = 126 Dmg - 48 Mit = 78 dmg
Opals Sheet

Baldur HP: 549/855 [Bleed -24/ 1 Turns]
EN: 30/84
Sword Art: San Ge = 15+1+2=18x14=252-12=240
Baldur's Sheet

ID: 69902
BD: 10 (+2 DMG)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Opal had stood resilient to his attacks until the last strike which notched her HP below the half loss margin. Her body affected by Paralysis eventually wore off as the duel had ended. Shifting her gaze, the woman lifted her hand and pushed the blade back into its saya around her belt and nodded to the player, "Seems like I owe you a glass of milk one day." The smirked, there wasn't much to say or do from this point on. The crowd that was had died down, and whatever was left was now just players relaxing openly in the field. Baldur has thanked her and that he had ended up learning something from their duel. 

The woman shrugged, "I don't know what you have learned that is different, but I'm fine with that. Seems like the crowd has finally died down, not much left to do as I don't think there will be any kind of dance competition as was stated. I took care into creating this makeup too. Oh well, it can't be helped now. I suppose this is farewell, Baldur. You can find me in Nimbus or the Ghetto District of Urbus if you wish to cash in on your wager. " the woman shifted on her foot and brought a hand up to wave at him moving away from the gathered crowd. And soon enough her figure was gone, out of sight and out of mind. 

Opal has left the field.