[OP--NK-F2] Friendly Competition and Humble Dances

Zandra felt the dagger stab her several times again. It didnt hurt, since the game had removed that ability. She looked down at her armoured torso. There alot of short red stripes all over the armour. She looked back at Hikoru and then on her healthbar. A smile indicating she wasnt paralysed and the bleed wasnt increase. Thou her health was rely close to hitting half health. One more attack and she would lose. So she skipped attacking and instead closed her eyes. A few seconds later they opened. The crimson coloured eyes was now shining ice-blue. "Dwayna! Goddes of light! I beg for your blessing. I beg for blessings so I can keep fighting and spread the word of the six gods across the world!" She says with a steady and loud voice. A blue aura surronded her like a flame and her health got refilled enough to keep her figthing for a few more turns.

ID: 69379

CD: 7+3=10 Field medic activated. +20% HP =227

Zandra HP: 827/1135
EN: 56/112
Zandras stats

Hikoru: 523/915 49/90
Hikoru's Stats

Edited by Zandra
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hikoru raised an eyebrow, and watched as her health came up to a place where he couldn't do anything. He grit his teeth, and just sheathed his dagger. There was no way he could win this, with her damage and her ability to heal herself, he was not prepared for this build. He just stood there, hands in his pockets and just sighed. It was a losing fight, so why bother? He gave the girl a nod and just told her in his own way that he was done. He breathed quietly, awaiting the strike of the heavy axe. That was one of the many reasons why he wished he could have switched weapons when the patch had come out. But as of right now, he was stuck doing nothing but waiting for his dagger to be out-DPS'd by a healer and her Two-Handed Axe.

ID: 69381

BD: 1

Zandra HP: 828/1135
EN: 56/112
Zandras stats

Hikoru: 523/915 60/90
Hikoru's Stats

Baldur smiled and laughed at Opal's comment about the heat. He could imagine dressed as she was that it would be quite uncomfortably hot. He had a lot of layers on himself, but the japanese style of clothing was made for a warmer environment... and in the middle of a fight, Baldur was having too much fun to notice.

"Sorry, it's not hot out here, it's just me." He said the lame line with laughter sparkling in his steel blue eyes. She had almost gotten him with his own <<charge>> attack, but the momentum from his blow left his skidding to a stop just outside of her reach. It almost seemed like she was used to using a much longer blade based on how she swung and activated her sword arts.

Baldur, however, fluidly spun into <<Iai>>. He could pass up the opportunity, and just as she finished complaining about people leaving, the single powerful blow of the sword art left her stunned. Now that her evasiveness was negated, he could prep a much more powerful blow to land on her.

"Looks like things were a little too disorganized, and the host left a little while ago... though your outfit has given me an idea. I just might host some kind of mascarade ball."

Though his face was jovial and light, his eyes still held a bit of shrewness. It was true, Baldur could be oblivious when it came to social dealings, but he was perceptive when it came to sword fighting. There was something off about this woman's fighting style, she didn't appear to be fully in control of herself, and while he couldn't be certain, she seemed to be fighting with an unfamiliar weapon.

ID# 69385 BD: 7+3-3 (hit)

Opals HP: 968/1100 (Stunned)
EN: 108/110
Sword Art: 
Opals Sheet

Baldurs HP: 855/855
EN: 71/84 (+1/-12)
Sword Art: <<Iai>> 15+1(ferocity)x9 = 144 - 12 MIT = 132 DMG
Baldur's Sheet

Zandra had prepared herself to be paralyzed again. But she was the opposite. She wasnt even attacked. Hikoru just putted down his dagger. What? Did he gave up or what? She scratched her neck with her armoured hand. What was she gonna do? Would she strike him again, finishing the duel in an official manner? Thou it wouldnt feel right to strike someone that was raising white flag. Or that was how she felt like he was doing. She started raising her large axe above the shadow master. She thou felt unsecure. Would she let it fall? Or would she just let it pass and called it completed? If they had a closer relation she would probably let it pass. But honestly they havent talked very much. So, with short and quiet "sorry", she let her axe fall and reduced his health to less then 50%.

ID: 69387

BD: 8

Edited by Zandra

Hikoru let the axe hit him, not even caring as the buzzer went off, and Zandra won. Hikoru just fell, lying on the ground as he watched his health rise slowly now that he was out of combat. He just sighed and threw his dagger in anger, it pixelating and reappearing in it's sheath. Even with his build, his damage held nothing compared to the other players around him. He wasn't much of a DPS anymore, and it frustrated him. He just shook with anger and gave a small sigh, getting his anger out in his own way. He stood and held out his Zandra, doing his best to form a smile

"Good job, that was some impressive damage!" He said in a suprisingly happy tone. He would have even fooled himself with that one. He breathed and hoped that she wouldn't notice his anger, although he was hiding it pretty well, as if he had used his sneak and hide ability to be able to hide his emotions. He chuckled to himself and sighed, waiting to see how things would turn out after this, but only time would tell

Lessa had watched the young woman approach, intrigued by her appearance. No doubt, the maid costume looked nice on the player, but it seemed a bit out of place. Whatever floats your goat. The silly saying drifted back to her on an old memory, her brother's voice laughing as he teased her about one thing or another. The thought brought a smile, which she offered to the dark haired girl. "Hello," she greeted warmly. At the question, she shook her head. "I'm all set, thank you." She lifted her tall glass of lemonade to prove her point. 

While in conversation with the stranger, Lessa entirely missed the familiar figure that moved up behind her. The voice, as distant as her brother's had been, caught her by surprise. She inhaled sharply, her blue eyes widening with recognition. When she turned, and her gaze fell upon Ariel, she felt her heart quicken to a thunderous gallop in her chest. How long, she thought. How long had it been since she had seen the woman? During her many bouts of depression, and stints in hiding, Lessa had lost contact with many who she had once knew. Some, she realized, after some consideration, had been better forgotten. But other friends had been lost to time at no fault of their own. They had been the innocents in the war she had waged on herself. As she searched the other blonde's eyes, wide and rimmed with shimmering tears, she realized that Ariel had been one of those victims.

"Ariel," Lessa breathed, suddenly unsure of herself. The girl seemed to tremble before her, a site that both unnerved her, and intensified the guilt that already racked her. With her free hand, she reached out and clasped Ariel's arm. "It is so good to see you too."

@Rin @Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Quick like lightning came the flash of the <Iai> sword art. Opal knew what was coming as her body froze in place from the long drawn attack of the katana. The woman stood and eyed the player through her mask, she was stunned and there was nothing more she could do from there on. She stood silent for the time being, unable to register a thought rather than the beating heat inside her cloak. Opal's eyes rolled lightly, as she felt the beads of sweat traverse her body underneath this cloak and hood, still questioning how others were able to comfortably wear this attire and not be baked alive. 

Unable to move, the sweat continued to roll off her brow through the mask, she'll have to wait it for the time being until she could free her hands from this status effect. "Very good job, you stunned me. Take your free shot and let's get this over with. I rather you finish me off than this heat. Besides it looks like the area is thinning out. A Masquerade sounds interesting though. After this duel, I'll reveal who I am to you. And let you decide whether you wish to invite me or not after that." 

Opals HP: 968/1100 (Stunned)
EN: 109/110
Sword Art: 
Opals Sheet

ID: 69414
CD: 5 No healing 

EN: 71/84 
Sword Art: 
Baldur's Sheet

Edited by Opal

Baldur had his sword art ready, when he heard the words come from the woman's mouth, and he withdraw his blade. The woman had a defeated voice already, was the heat really that unbearable? He took half a step back and held the sword out between them for spacing while he held up his free hand and looked around.

"I mean, it's a little bit warm, but it's not that hot. You really shouldn't just give up like this."

A moment later, the woman can move again, and Baldur was ready for her in case she sprung on him like the gullible sap he was.

"I mean, really, if you're not gonna fight me like you're serious about it, then maybe we should just call it a first hit and move on to the dancing." His blue eyes flickered about.

"You are right, things have slowed down." The gaijin samurai wasn't sure if this woman was playing him or just as miserable as she led one, whatever the case was, he had lost his fire for the duel. What would this woman's next move be? Odds would say she would follow up with a stunning blow, and that would put Baldur at the disadvantage.

@Opal HP: 968/1100 
EN: 109/110
Sword Art: 
Opals Sheet

ID: 69438 BD: 1 (miss)
EN: 72/84 (+1)
Sword Art: (No attack made)
Baldur's Sheet

Jonathan watched as Itzal charged forward, striking much slower than he had before. Jonathan blocked the blow, feeling a low amount of pressure from the blade. Can he not keep up that strength and speed that he had exerted from the beginning. That was weaker than our first duel. He watched as Itzal jumped to the side, but Jonathan easily knocked the blade away with his sword. This was repeated a series of times, until Itzal leapt into the air striking downward into Jonathan's chest. Jonathan faltered and backed up. He was playing me huh? Jonathan moved his hand to his nose. It had been struck when Itzal's blade aimed for his chest. Jonathan looked down and noticed that he was bleeding vigorously. Jonathan returned his gaze up to Itzal and removed his hand from his nose. Jonathan chuckled and said, I came into this battle a bit too confident eh? Jonathan readied himself. He watched as his shield released a golden light, healing him. It was not enough to subdue the damage he was about to take from the bleeding but It would subdue for now. Jonathan returned to a defensive state. 

Spoiler

69462 BD:4 CD:12

Jonathan 131/210 <<39/42>>  -  Bleeding (2/2)   +9 HP [Regen]

@Itzal 306/320  <>  45/64

Edited by Morgenstern

"Well this was a huge waste of time." Seul mumbled while looking at the crowd thin out a little the longer time dragged on. He leaned back in his chair as he watched everything unfold for what felt like hours now. Many had come and gone, but the few that stayed behind to goof around seemed to be having a good time at... Whatever this was now. The organizer for the tournament left quite a while ago so any chance of that happening was probably out of the question. At the very least maybe he'd be able to get in a dance or two if the other portion of the event started. For now he'd simply stay in the background though, looking over the various matches going on while lightly kicking the edge of the table out of sheer boredom. He couldn't help but feel sorta bad for the others who weren't doing anything either as he could only imagine how bad they must have felt for being left out.

"I wouldn't say that it was that much of a waste."

The hunter said as he overheard the Lodestar grumbling in his chair, as he walked back to the table.  In his hand, he had taken the Emerald Flame torch with him, and was using it as a minor staff item.  He stuck it in the ground next to him as he took a seat.

"We got to see some of the newer guilds that have sprung up, and see how they will prospect."

He said as he watched some of the lower leveled players converse around them.  The sounds of blades clashing in the distance would drown out any specific details, but they seemed to be eager to continue something else.  If the fighting tournament wasn't going to happen, then the dancing should still work.  It could get others out of their chairs too.

"Well, if anything, there is always the dance competition!"

Foregoing Action

Itzal listened to his friend's comment and struck at him, their swords entering a lock.  "To be honest, I actually thought that there was a good chance I might have lost."  With that they broke the lock and continued the spar.  Itzal however wasn't swinging to strike.  He was striking to keep his friend from hitting him:  Offense as defense.  Whenever his friend switched to his shield Itzal would leap around or over his friend and throw a false strike, convincing him to swing his blade to block it.  If he could keep the thorned shield off of him then he could let the bleeding do a little damage for the meantime.  He backflipped out of the way to avoid another hit and he kept his eyes on his friend.  The bleeding effect should be dealing damage any moment now.  Just a little more time he thought.  A little more time.  He had hoped this battle would be more challenging but he realized this was because he had restlessly trained.  It could not be helped.  That's why they had the guild:  to help others keep up.

ID#  CD:  4

Itzal:  306/320  <>  46/64

OOC- bleed happens on your turn btw @Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Khrysaor was stumbling around on the first floor, bored out of his mind. He wanted to do something different, something out of the norm when he overheard a small group of players talking about this large gathering of players on the second floor having some sort of party. He thought, 'Well that sounds interesting. I wonder what is going on, and if they have room for one mre player to join. I should go and check it out.' So, with that in mind, he quickened his pace to the teleportation gate and said, "Teleport - Floor 2.'' A bright blue light glowed around him and he was taken up to the next floor. Khrysaor could hear loud noises in the distance and came to the conclusion of where the party is most likely taking place. He headed in the direction of the noise, until he came upon the sight. He looked about noticing a heavy number of players fighting, while the rest were lounging around the buffet table. He was a little bit nervous of participating in the fights, so instead Khrysaor went to the buffet table to get himself some food.

Jonathan watched as Itzal dashed forward, and Jonathan blocked with his sword, and they entered a lock. Itzal smiled and said, "To be honest, I actually thought that there was a good chance I might have lost." Jonathan laughed and pushed the man away, breaking their lock. Itzal came up again striking, causing Jonathan to block. Jonathan switched to his shield, to offer a counter, but Itzal leapt over him. Jonathan smiled, before slashing at his friend, causing him to back up to evade. Jonathan lapt, back giving him some space. I am going to have to do something he would not expect. Jonathan watched as Itzal began to slowly advance. Jonathan dashed forward, but instead of striking, he slid, past, and then ever so quickly, he jumped back striking horizontally. He watched as Itzal leapt over him and his blade, landing softly on the ground. Jonathan turned standing in amazement. Does he read my mind or something? Jonathan grimaced as his bleed kicked in. 

Spoiler

69558 BD:4 CD: 4

Jonathan 83/210 <<39/42>>  -   -48 Bleed (For the last two turns XD)

@Itzal 306/320  <>  45/64

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal saw the movement, the ever so slight movement Jonathan made when he was about to strike.  It was an all too familiar movement that he had done multiple times himself:  Jonathan was preparing a feint attack.  So when his friend charged Itzal knew what to expect and dodged just in time.  He smiled to his friend as he turned sharply on the ball of his heel stopped, digging his feet into the ground, sword charging in a blue light, and launching himself at his stunned friend.  He released Shadow Explosion on Jonathan, dealing a small amount of damage, but at this point he wasn't worried about running out of energy.  As he struck his sword grazed Jonathan's shield and the thorns dealt a little damage though not much.  After the assault he leaped back.  The bleeding effect was almost over.  One more turn and it would vanish.  He'd need to replenish it if this fight were to end in his favor.

ID#  69574  BD:  7  CD:  1

Itzal:  292/640  <>  36/64

Jonathan:  78/210  <>  39/42

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched, as the man turned quickly from his dodge, spinning wildly, and then charging at Jonathan. With a streak of blue, Itzal charged, slashing hard. Jonathan blocked with his shield, taking a low amount of damage. Jonathan pushed himself away from the onslaught of Itzal. Jonathan observed his opponent and define any weak points. The battle would be quite shortened if he were to be bled again. Jonathan to a deep breath and dashed forward. Perhaps if I just move fast enough, it won't give him time to react. Jonathan slashed side to side, up and down, but Itzal dodged parried or blocked every single one. Jonathan growled beofre switching his motion and leapt backwards. He was not going to out move Itzal, so that was off the chart. Could you please, stop Dodging? That would be much appreciated. I have not been able to hit you once. Jonathan said, saying it jokingly. 

Spoiler

69558 BD;2 (Of freaking course)

Itzal:  292/640  <>  36/64

Jonathan:  78/210  <>  38/42

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal watched as Jonathan tried to pick up the speed and strike in multiple directions at once, but again, Itzal had done this very move before and knew how to counter it.  Keeping his blade close to his body he was able to alter it's direction with minimal to no effort, keeping the blade away from him.  When he heard his friend's comment he chuckled.  "Sorry man, it's instinct I can't do a thing about it."  He watched as his friend almost made an exposure but he decided not to use a sword art.  Until he could get a good opening he couldn't risk using too much energy or this fight would go on forever.  He simply struck at his friend, once again hitting the shield and dealt minimal damage to Jonathan.  When he did he returned to countering and evading.  His eyes were sharp, looking for an opening, chink in the armor, and a moment that shield moved far enough away for him to get a good hit on a vital area.

ID#  69609  BD:  4+2=6  CD:  4

Itzal:  292/320  <>  36/64

Jonathan:  77/210  <>  38/42

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

The woman submerged her blade into the grass before her. It looks like she would have done just as Baldur was thinking and forfeited the match.
But she was not a quitter. Despite the heat from the robes, she would continue on and with the thinning of the masses, it didn't seem too important to remain
incognito. With her blade thrown into the Earth, the woman reached with one hand over towards her collar and gave a gentle tug. With a quick snap of her arm, the cloak was removed and held fluttering in the breeze before she let the thing go, as it dispersed into the wind. Next came the pure white mask which shielded her face from the masses. Beneath it was the revelation of Opal, wearing green and pink Geisha make up. 

"Hensōjutsu." The woman said out loud with a familiar voice to his ears. "I was taught many things in the mountain, not just Bushido." The woman reclaimed her Bleeding Blade and smiled, "Unfortunately, you are correct. I am not going all out against you. I am not used to such small swords like this. However, this length was something I was trained with. But I think I got the distance down. Baldur, we are not done yet. I haven't lost my fire." Her body slid into stance and her aura began to glow a violet color.  Soon the aura began to move like a charmed snake over her curvy features until they reached her hands, where then it began to snake around her katana blade. There seemed to be something 'off' coming from Kusanagi as well, almost as if the tip were bleeding. She shot forward with the spirit of the bull behind her and she rushed in like the wind. She took off like lightning striking his abdomen with a quick slash and over stepping in her attack. She turned on her heel as another sweeping blow struck his open back. She appeared before him once more, her blade ripping through his mitigation and attacking him directly towards the core of his body. The final slash she would mark his face, a slashing diagonal strike from his cheek, across his nose and towards his forehead. 

When the sword art finished, the woman swept the blade to the side, "I have shown you some amount of honor because of who you are. I'm gonna make you buy me that milk." her plump lips curled as she readied herself once more his attack. 

Opals HP: 988/1100 
EN: 95/110
Sword Art:  San Ge 10x7x2 - (14 Energy) = 140 Dmg - 48 Mit = 92 dmg
Opals Sheet

@Baldur HP: 763/855 [Bleed -24 HP/2 Turns]
EN: 72/84 
Sword Art:
Baldur's Sheet

ID: 69615
BD: 10-2[Evasion]+ 2[Savvy] = [+2 Dmg]
CD: 10 [BH Procs:+20 HP]

Edited by Opal

Baldur was shocked when he saw Opal reveal herself from behind the cloak and mask. Why had she been here? But before those answers could be asked, let alone answered, Baldur found himself under attack. Her blade carved powerfully into his digital flesh, rending ugly red gashes in his form that he so rarely saw. He had managed to progress in this game without having to take many such powerful blows, and so his body still treated them as such. Painful and cuts into his real flesh.

Holding his sword still in hand, Baldur saw the image of a drop of blood appear, indicating his bleed status effect, rather than the paralysis that would have made sense if she was still taking this seriously.

"I suppose I shouldn't expect less. I did say I wanted you to take this seriously." Still he held the sword between them, trying to give himself space to regroup his thoughts. He was in a duel with Opal, and while he didn't mind loosing duels, as with his fight against Oikawa, he didn't want to give a poor show either. He knew how Opal would react should he lose this fight, but neither would he duel in a friendly competition unhonorably. She had intentionally held back on her stunning blow, going for damage instead when she could have taken a free shot. She was dueling honorably as well, it seemed.

"You're going to milk that for all it's worth, aren't you? I dairy you, give me your best shot! Don't be cowed by the crowd, or I will defeat you udderly!"

Baldur took an opening lunge at her again, but she managed to bat his blade aside and maintain the distance she'd need to hit him with a sword art. Would his gamble pay off? He didn't know, but it was his best chance at pulling out a draw.

Opals HP: 988/1100 
EN: 95/110
Sword Art:  
Opals Sheet

Baldur HP: 739/855 [Bleed -24 HP/1 Turn]
EN: 71/84 (+1/-2)
Sword Art:
Baldur's Sheet

ID: 69636
BD: 1 (miss)

"I guess... Though I don't think that's enough to justify coming here." He stood up with and stretched before passing one more glance over toward the other players fighting. "Guess it's my turn." It didn't look like the dance competition would be starting anytime soon, so with that in mind he figured a good way to pass the time would be to do a little dueling of his own. With a swipe of his hand he brought down the menu HUD and fiddled around the interface for a few moments. A message would appear before @Hirru's eyes requesting a half-loss duel.

"I still need to pay you back for the last time we fought. You in?" He said with a smirk. They had both grown stronger since their previous bout and now seemed like a prime opportunity to hold a rematch given they most likely would have fought in the tournament anyway.