[OP--NK-F2] Friendly Competition and Humble Dances

As he said his pun, she swore she could feel a bead of sweat roll from off from her brow. "You are such...a weirdo." She said with a light chuckle. Bringing out such an emotion like happiness, Opal of the Laughing Coffin. Did humanity still strive in her heart? The light of the scene quickly fell back to a more serious expression upon her face. A glow of green surrounded her body as her Battle Healing kicked in, "Perhaps instead of making terrible puns, you should focus on our duel. Remember, you face a member of Laughing Coffin. Others would not go easy on you...where is that resolve to save everyone you can? Fight me as if your life depended on it!" 

With a roar, the violet nature of her Kusangi ignited once more, flowing forth her impressive power. The aura whipped around her body suddenly as the wind twisted and twirled around her figure. Rocketing off her left foot, she moved with quickness and grace. The smaller sword came close to Baldur, tagging him with a shot across his chest and his shirt. Another sweep of the blade, just as fast as the first, came ripping through his right arm as pixels flecked off his body from the damage. A blitz of attacks came from his core as the blade slashed and crossed over him dealing with the next five blows. 

When she turned around her arm lifted and she pointed her blade at him, the expression on her face changed, "Shall I give you a gift? I will give you despair. Haha...that actually was kinda morbid wasn't it?" 

Opals HP: 1008/1100 
EN: 82/110
Sword Art:   San Ge 8x7x2 - (14 Energy) = 112 Dmg - 48 Mit = 64 dmg
Opals Sheet

@Baldur HP: 675/855 [Bleed -24 HP/1 Turn]
EN: 71/84
Sword Art:
Baldur's Sheet

ID:  69676
BD:6 +2-2 = 6
CD: 7 [BH Procs +20 HP]

Edited by Opal
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When the hunter received the notification, he gave a little chuckle before standing up.  It had been some time since they dueled each other, but the differences could still be seen.  Back then, Seul used to be a dagger user, but now he carries a two handed straight sword.  It was much more powerful, but that meant that most of his gear would be useless, since he used to be a shield user.  The hunter wondered how this would go, now?

"Sure, but you know the Crimson rule.  No armor, or accessories!  Weapons only!"

He said as the red armor that covered his upper body disappeared to show the black undershirt that hugged his form.  The bracelet that hung onto the hunter's right arm would also do the same.  The only thing that would stay was the hunter's sword, Oath of the Unknown Knight.  After Seul did the same, he would lead them out into the field where he had once placed Emerald Flame, before accepting the duel.

"Let's see what's better.  One handed or two handed."

Hirru HP: 680/680
EN: 68/68
Sword Art:  
Stats

Spoiler

Stats

680 HP

68 Energy

12 Base Damage

0 Mitigation  

0 Accuracy

0 Evasion

3 Search & Detect

Equipment

Oath of the Unknown Knight......... // +6 Damage

Skills

One-Handed Straight Sword.| Rank 5

Heavy Armor...............| Rank 2 [Null]

Search & Detect...........| Rank 3

Extra Skills

Concentration.............| No Ranks

Survival..................| No Ranks

Skill Mods

Reveal

Inventory

1. Irrelevant

Sword Arts

RANK 1
Vertical - 1x1 - (1 Energy) - A simple sword art slashing vertically.
Rage Spike - 1x2 - AoE - (4 Energy) - A basic, weak skill that leaps at the enemy and follows with an upward strike.
Snake Bite - 3x1 - (3 Energy) - A triad of brisk angular slashes chained in succession.
RANK 2
Vertical Arc - 2x2 - (4 Energy) - A simple two-hit sword art that form a "V" pattern.
Horizontal Square – 4x1 - Stun - (7 Energy) - A mid-level sword art that traces the shape of a rhombus.
Vertical Square - 4x1 - AoE - (8 Energy) - A mid-level sword art that traces the shape of a square.
RANK 3
Vorpal Strike - 1x5 - (5 Energy) - A powerful thrusting sword art that doubles the length of the user's attack range.
Star Quint Prominence – 3x2 - (6 Energy) - A mid-level sword art that traces a vague star shape.
RANK 4
Deadly Sins – 7x1 - Stun - (10 Energy) - Seven thrusts with the sword in the pattern of the Big Dipper Constellation.
Lightning Fall - 1x8 - (8 Energy) - A hard-hitting ranged attack that begins with leaping off the ground, performing a single mid-air backflip, and stabbing the user's sword into the ground to create a field of electricity.
RANK 5
Nova Ascension - 9x1 - Stun - (12 Energy) - A high-end skill that targets the opponent with a flurry of slashes, and concludes with a concussive hilt blow.
Shadow Explosion - 9x1 - AoE - (18 Energy) - A high-end skill that chains several consecutive thrusts and slashes.
(MA) Meteor Break - 11x1 - (11 Energy) - A skill needing Martial Arts and One-handed Sword skills that uses tackles to chain together strong attacks.

Martial Arts

RANK 1
Flash Blow - 1x1 - (1 Energy) - A basic right hook aimed for the target's jaw.
Embracer - 1x1 - Stun - (4 Energy) - An unarmed sword art that pierces the enemy with the fingers.
Aggressive Twins - 2x1 - AoE - (4 Energy) - A fast combination of left and right jabs.
 RANK 2
Crescent Moon - 3x1 - AoE - (6 Energy) - The user pushes off the ground and performs a single back flip to connect a sweeping flash kick with their targets.
Delayed Sword - 4x1 - (4 Energy) - An advanced technique which uses kicks to disable an opponent and then chops their neck with the hand.

Seul HP: 795/795
EN: 78/78
Sword Art:
Stats

ID: 69684 LD: 4 (Well then)

Edited by Hirru

@Hirru

"Of course, it's the manliest way to fight after all." As stated they would be following the crimson rules and as such he removed both pieces of armor he had equipped in exchange for some casual clothes. It was always different having to fight almost naked but it was a custom that they rarely broke within the guild during spars. Not long after following Hirru out to the field the countdown timer ticked down to zero signaling the start of the match. Seul unsheathed his sword but rather than rush in to attack he took on a defensive stance to anticipate whatever move his opponent would make first. "You can have the first hit since two handed swords are already far superior. I'd hate for this to end too early." He was actually curious to see how this round would turn out given the changes he made in terms of weapon choice. Hopefully it'd go over better than it did last time.

EN: 68/68
Sword Art:  

Seul HP: 795/795
Sword Art:
Stats

Spoiler

Stats

795 HP

78 Energy

15 Base Damage

10 Battle Healing  

0 Accuracy

0 Evasion

5 Picking

1 Search & Detect

Equipment

Crusader MK II......... // +6 Damage

Skills

Two-Handed Straight Sword.| Rank 5

Light Armor...............| Rank 3

Picking...................| Rank 3

Search & Detect...........| Rank 1

Battle Healing............| Rank 1

Howl......................| No Ranks

Extra Skills

Meditation................| Rank 0

Concentration.............| No Ranks

Survival..................| No Ranks

Skill Mods

Athletics

Dismantling

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Post Link Time
69682 7 2 4 8 Seul Msg_hover2.png 2016-10-18 23:52:15
Edited by Seul

@Seul

"If you say so!"

The duel would start with Seul taking up a defensive stance with his two handed sword.  The hunter would have to get around that guard to do anything against him, which was harder than one would think.  At least it would be, if Seul was proficient with his blade.  The two handed straight sword was different than a dagger.  Much more weight in two hands than a small amount in one.  The hunter had not changed his style, even after everyone else decided to, and stayed true to his roots.

"Here I come!"

The hunter shouted as he burst across the field into Seul's attack range, while Oath began to glow.  The first thing that connected was the sword, as it performed an uppercut to break the guard.  Next came a shoulder charge that would put him off balance for a second.  This was followed by a series of the shoulder checks and sword swings, that would keep the lodestar from attacking while the combo was active.

By the end, the hunter had taken an eighth of his health, and jumped away before his cooldown could start.

"How about that?!"

EN: 57/68 (-11 en)
Sword Art: Meteor Break (12x11= 132 dmg)

Seul HP: 663/795 (-132 hp)
Sword Art:

ID: 69684 BD: 8 (Hit)

Edited by Hirru

@Hirru

The strikes seemed to come at him from all angles as Hirru kicked things off in their match. Seul's eyes flicked to the corner of his vision only to see that the opening move knocked off a good portion of his health. He wasn't worried though. Every good fighter knew that patience was something that was invaluable on the battlefield. 

"Not bad, but it'll take more than that to beat me!" After planting his back foot down to regain balance he allowed his sword to take on a glow of its own then rushed forward. In terms of brute strength his weapon far outclassed the one-handed variant and he was determined to show it. Once he was close enough he used his blade's reach to deliver a diagnol cut to the hunter's chest which nearly knocked him off his feet. His health bar dropped dramatically after that and he figured with one more good strike the match would be over. 

BATTLE THEME

Hirru HP: 485/680
EN: 57/68 
Sword Art: 

Seul HP: 673/795 (+10 HP)
EN: 65/78 (-13 en)
Sword Art: Galaxy Destroyer (15x13 = 195 dmg)

ID: 69691 | BD: 6 (Hit) | CD: 6 (Battle Healing Activated) 

Edited by Seul

@Seul

Two handed weapons were truly powerful and terrifying.  One hit from Seul's sword took out nearly two hundred damage from the hunter.  That was over a fourth of his health, which meant that the next hit would be the end of the match.  That wouldn't be any fun for either of them!  What the hunter needed to do next, was to prolong the fight for as long as possible.

"Let's make this interesting!"

A feint yellow glow would encompass Oath before he sprung forward and to the side.  With two handed weaponry, the user would have a blind spot that could not be defended easily, due to the swords large size.  The hunter aimed for that area.  An arcing over-the-shoulder slash would start the assault.  Before long, the hunter would carve seven more slashes into Seul's side before swinging around and slamming the back the pommel of Oath into the back of his head.  It would daze him for a bit, but not long.

EN: 46/68 (+1 en, -12 en)
Sword Art: Nova Ascension (12x9 = 108 Stun dmg)

Seul HP: 565/795 (-108 dmg) [Stunned]
EN: 65/78 
Sword Art: 

ID: 69692 | BD: 7 (Hit)

Edited by Hirru

Although he clearly predicted what would come next he was powerless when it came to controlling the outcome. Once the pommel made contact with the back of his head he fell down to one knee and felt his vision blur as a result of the stun effect from the sword art.. It was a smart move to keep him pinned down for a while longer and was one he probably would have used if their positions were reversed, but he felt that it was only prolonging his inevitable win. His health had dropped down a little more, but it wasn't anywhere near the yellow zone quite yet so he was unconcerned. There was still plenty of time for Hirru to land more hits on him, especially in such a vulnerable state, but all he needed was one more good strike to end it. Biding his time now was just something he would need to deal with.

EN: 46/68 
Sword Art: 

Seul HP: 565/795 [Stunned]
EN: 66/78 (+1)
Sword Art: 

ID: 69695 | BD: N/A | CD: 1 

@Hirru

Edited by Seul

@Seul

With the lodestar dazed and confused, the hunter seemed to have a chance to take another chunk of health from Seul.  The hunter side-stepped back to face his opponent.  Taking a spread stance, he prepared himself for the next attack.  Oath began to glow a deep azure, as it did for his first attack.  The hunter shot forward while plunging his blade towards Seul.  He would feel the pressure as it blasted through him..

..but, nothing would happen.  No damage was taken, or effects.

The blade would hum inches from the man's face.  The owner of the sword would give a grin towards Seul.

"Look familiar, huh."

The hunter would say as he jumped back into a defensive stance.  The next attack would be the last one, if anything.

"I know when a lose is a lose, but if we're to upstage the others, I'd rather put on a show for everyone."

EN: 45/68 (+1, -2)
Sword Art: 

Seul HP: 565/795 [Stunned]
EN: 66/78 (+1)
Sword Art: 

ID: 69695 | BD: 2 (Miss)

Edited by Hirru

Baldur noticed as his hit points dropped, that Opal had chosen not to hit him with a stunning blow. Was she going easy on him, or was she avoiding it for a reason? Perhaps she felt it was impure to use such a blow in a battle of blades.

Very well.

Baldur, still reeling from the damage of her last blow, grit his teeth and pushed forward. If this was the fight she wanted to have, then he would answer her bravery and her respect. Flipping the lightning blade <<Raijinken>> around in his hand, Baldur assumed the motion for <<San Ge>> and the blade began ignite in an azure light that was his name sake. Teayre had knighted him the Azure Chevalier when he was inducted into the Spectrum Coalition. She had given him the jeweled badge he wore even now.

"Give me despair? I don't believe that goes well with cookies!" Baldur roared as he flashed forward with the sword art. He had long been at this form, and pushed the execution to the limit of his abilities, the first three blows of the sword art seemed to occur at almost the same time, when suddenly he ducked spun around behind her, slashing her through the side as he stepped across her back with another horizontal slash, before ducking and spinning again, cutting her on all sides before he returned to being in front of her and bringing his sword down with a powerful stop of his foot as the final azure slash of light left a deep red mark cutting her form in two from head to two. Had he been anymore accurate, it might have been a critical blow.

"I'll stick with my milk and cookies, thank you."

@Opal HP: 796/1100 
EN: 82/110
Sword Art:  
Opals Sheet

Baldur's HP: 651/855 
EN: 571/84
Sword Art: <<San Ge>> 15+1(ferocity)=16x14=224 - 12 = 212 DMG
Baldur's Sheet

ID:  69722
BD: 8+3-3 (hit)

OOC If I don't hit you once, I swear!

Jonathan watched as Itzal came forward, minimum speed. This time, it appeared Jonathan had left him stumped. He appeared to have no opening, and so he came forward slicing, seeing if it would open a spot in the defense. Jonathan masterfully blocked, dealing a bit of thorn damage. Jonathan smiled, the man had barely done any damage, even though it was purposeful. Itzal was saving his energy for the perfect opening. Jonathan sighed. He would have to advance the game now wouldn't he? Jonathan charged forward, he slashed, not really attempting to hit the man. He was trying not to put himself on the line  where he was able to be hit in a weak point. After a few slashes, Jonathan backed up. Jonathan sighed. This battle was being very one sided. Jonathan had not hit the man once. Stupid Evasion... Jonathan placed his shield in front of him, blocking an incoming attack. Hopefully It would do well enough to keep Itzal's blade out of play. Jonathan's shield began to glow as it healed him. 

Spoiler

69730 BD: 4 CD:6

@Itzal:  292/320  <>  36/64

Jonathan:  86/210  <>  37/42 +9HP Regen

Edited by Morgenstern

OOC- Oh dear..  Sorry about this my friend XD

Itzal dodged each of Jonathan's attacks and deflected them as well, noticing that his friend seemed to be getting a little frustrated.  As his friend threw up his shield Itzal saw his chance.  He charged his sword, a blue glow covering the blade, and rushed at his friend, let his back hit the floor, and slid underneath the shield, striking at his friend's legs, then leaped to his feet, the last few strikes on his friend's back.  When he leaped backward after using Howling Octave he noted the red pixels, meaning he landed the bleeding effect.  That meant this battle was nearly over.  He grinned and was about to make a comment when something caught his eye.  He spotted a player he recognized.  Opal?  He connected the dots and figured out that she was the cloaked figure.  It made sense because she told him that she had been shunned and given a bad name.  He decided to talk to her after the duel.

ID#  69731  BD:  10  CD:  2

Itzal:  292/320  <>  29/64

Jonathan:  49/210  <>  37/42  -  Bleeding added:  24 dmg for the next two turns

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal dashed forward, faster than a speeding bullet. He struck just under his shield and into his legs, sliding under him, slashing and then a few strikes on his back. Jonathan fell back completely opening himself for the last few attacks. The duel was one health point from being sealed. Jonathan dropped his shield. He had lost indefinently. He only had another chance to attack before Itzal finished it off there. Well, I guess that means you win pretty much does it not? I am quite surprised by the outcome and I apologize for not being able to do anything. Jonathan smiled, looking down. He had holes covering his chest and probably his back too from the last attack. He cringed as one of the bleeds kicked in. that battle had almost taken his mind completely off... Esther. Jonathan stared forward giving a pure death glare. I am going to hunt that man down after than day. I will find players that no her and search for him. He will not meet a happy ending. 

Spoiler

69732 BD:1 CD:10 Regen +9 HP

@Itzal:  292/320  <>  29/64 -24

Jonathan:  35/210  <>  36/42  -  Bleeding 1/2 -24 +9 HP Regen

Edited by Morgenstern

To be completely honest it was his friend dropping his shield that stopped the fight, not his words.  Itzal didn't believe anyone didn't stand a chance but he never fought an unarmed foe.  He bowed slightly to his friend with a smile and walked over to give him a pat on the back.  "Don't worry my friend, we'll get you up those levels.  Maybe you and I could go on another trip sometime.  Not a dungeon though, I heard the bosses got a lot more tough than last time.  They pack quite the punch now.  Maybe a quest or two?  I know a dps who would love to join us," he finished with a grin.  He looked over and noted that the two players were still fighting.  The moment they finished he wanted to talk with Opal.  In the meantime he thought.  He sheathed his sword and switched his gear back to his twilight cloak.  "So what's been up with you?  Anything new happen lately?  Or are you just mob grinding?  Give me the details man!"

@Morgenstern

OOC we should really start wrapping this up people. 

Jonathan watched as his shield evaporated. The duel ended, even though it was not done. Jonathan looked up and the time had been expired. He was only a sliver away from yellow and everything was cool with him. Jonathan smiled. You have really gotten stronger lately. i did not even manage to touch you. It really makes me want to go and grind for stuff. Jonathan smiled and sheathed his sword, then he was bombarded by a few questions. Jonathan guessed the actually had not seen Itzal in a while. Nothing much, I mostly have been just traveling around the lower floors looking for players. A few initiations and a bit of training. I have a few quests in mind I am going to solo soon. The Gemini and Blood in the Sand. Then afterwards I am probably going to do some training with you and then finish it off with some Feeding the Enemy so I can get some familiar buffs. That is really all I have planned though. How about you? I have not seen you in a while either. 

Opal was trapped in a maelstrom of attacks from the San Ge sword art, a sword art she was more than familiar with right now as she consistently used it as it was the Katana users most powerful attack. With her body swept over by his slashing blade, the female could do nothing more than accept the inevitable strikes which now struck her body with those consecutive hits. Orange marks glowed over her body, yet she remained unphased by the attack. There was a step backwards where she raised her arm and the blade parallel to her body once more taking up a Parry stance. 

"You are a great deal stronger than I had thought you were previously. There is no doubt you will be groomed into a hardy frontliner. So with that being said, let's just enjoy this duel for what it is." Her foot slid apart from her body, creating a boxed stance. Her arms were steady as the garments hung loose around her wrist. Her pink smile showing over the porcelain facepaint that made up her Geisha colors.  She would show her patience and show her strength when it was needed. Baldur was an interesting person, he was very reminiscent of her Master Myoga, which is why she felt drawn to him as she was. Perhaps...She shook her head, eyes once more focused on the person ahead of her. 

Opals HP: 816/1100 
EN: 81/110
Sword Art: Parry [-2 EN]
Opals Sheet

@Baldur HP: 651/855 
EN: 57/84
Sword Art:
Baldur's Sheet

ID: 69853 
CD: 7 [+20 HP]

Edited by Opal

OOC: This thread will end Monday 10/24/2016 or within 24 hours if there are no posts.

Rin blankly looked back and forth between the group, it had appeared that @Lessa and @Ariel - The Crowned Lion had known one another on a personal level as the lioness apparently seemed to think of the other as a sempai. Rin merely began to back away, it seemed that she had done her job in this meeting of long lost acquaintances as they didn't seem to have been expecting to see one another. The maid slowly bowed before stepping away and smiled as the two would seem to greet with one another's names. It seemed as if the majority of this had been calming down to a rather gentle stir no boiling tempers or hatred were present as far as she could tell ever since the rather strange man had left. A rather shallow sigh now crossed her lips as she began to wander out as she knew it was about that time to call everyone's attention.

"I'm sorry that the competitions haven't been as vibrant as we have wished them to be but this party will soon be ending which means that all the catering and music will not start for the dance competition unless you all decide to jump onto the dance floor now. I hope you all enjoyed this party and I hope to see you again if another is ever hosted."

Grinning, Baldur spun back away from Opal as they both took a moment's reprieve for repartee. She offered him a compliment, and then said she wished to just enjoy the fight as they were, which is exactly what Baldur had been after.

"Thank you, and I agree! Prepare yourself!"

Baldur began his sword art <<San Ge>> a moment too late to realize that she had stepped into a defensive posture. As his most powerful sword art seemed to explode into life again, she seemed to be much more adept at deflecting several the blows he rained down upon her. He made another annoyed sound as his sword effect wasn't triggered again. He would need to invest more into his weapon effects once he and Gram had finished bonding further. Her defense, however, withstood his assault. Had she not managed, he would have brought her HP to just below his, unfortunately, she was still ahead for now.

"No one stands between me and my cookies and milk!" He roared with a smile.

@Opal  HP: 716/1100 
EN: 81/110
Sword Art: Parry 
Opals Sheet

Baldur HP: 651/855 
EN: 44/84 (-14/+1)
Sword Art: San Ge = 15+1 = 16x14 = 224 / 2 = 112 - 12 = 100 damage
Baldur's Sheet

ID: 69877 BD: 8+3-3 (hit)

Her lips curled into a smile and she gave a small bit of a chuckle from his statement, "If you want those cookies so bad, you'll have to go through me first!" Her parrying blade had encountered his own. There was a spark of light between the two blades before she was dealt any real damage, her Kusangi acting as a syphon to draw in that extra damage. With her sword sweeping to the right of his blade, the woman pushed off her right foot. A step further into the ground and she ran into him with her blade cutting him along side the shoulder and darting him with the <Bleed> effect. With his body staggered, she went in for the assault. 

The glow of her blade charged with an aura familiar of a violet pool of color. The blade plunged into his clothing sweeping across his ornate clothing. Her feet would move along with her blade in hand as she would cut him several more times. Along his clothing were the gash marks of her attacks, but it was not the bite of her blade that would be toxic to his health, but the unmitigated bleed effect that would soon sap him. 

Opal HP: 736/1100 
EN: 68/110
Sword Art:   San Ge 9x7x2 - (14 Energy) = 126 Dmg - 48 Mit = 78 dmg
Opals Sheet

@Baldur HP: 573/855 [Bleed -24/ 2 Turns]
EN: 44/84
Sword Art: 
Baldur's Sheet

ID: 69879
BD: 9-2 = [+1 Dmg]
CD: 11 [+20 HP - BH]

Edited by Opal

Itzal shook his head with a chuckle.  "Too much has happened man.  I need to fill you in at a later date.  I'll pm you when I get the chance alright?"  He turned to Kasier with a smile.  "Well, that's that.  I'd like to talk to the player dueling Baldur, maybe introduce you to her too, but if you want we could leave.  I'm honestly good either way."  In truth he was wondering if it was a good idea to introduce Kasier to Opal at this time.  After their encounter she seemed dark, but he could tell she was a nice person beneath that mask.  Until she shared her reasons and such, he wasn't sure how to approach the matter with others with him.  He stood beside Kasier and thought of something else.  "Hey, I think we should have a guild meeting soon.  What do you guys think?  There's a few things that have popped up that I couldn't help but notice and I think they need to be discussed.  I can host it at my shop since it's void of anyone all the time, it's quiet, and we don't have a guild hall yet.  If you guys are alright with that then I can go ahead and set up a time and pm you guys.  Also, Jonathan, you never told me that you recruited a new dps paladin.  That's another thing I want to discuss in the meeting."

@Morgenstern@Kasier