PP-F11) Into the Hive (Hard RGQ- Aereth)

Jonathan walked forward, Aereth at his side. they had literally just completed the medicine quest, and both had returned much stronger. Jonathan smiled as they walked. he was coming up with a great plan. what if they were to go to one of the higher floors and did a quest there, finding some materials, killing some mobs, pretty much anything the two needed. So, Aereth. How would you feel on going to th higher floors for a quick quest? WE could easily earn at least another two thousand cash each and gather a few materials. Anyway. the Boss fight is coming up and i need some major Skill points. Jonathan began to walk toward the teleport pad. He, during fight with the Skeleton's, had received a message, telling him that his armor was ready and he needed to come and get them. I'll meet you in Taft in about Thirty minutes okay? I just need to go and run an errand. Go take a shower, or whatever you like to do in some free time and then we will pick it back up in Taft. Jonathan gave a mall wave and yelled "Starting City" and he was gone in a bright flash of blue light. Hopefully Aereth wold take a rest. He was working so hard.

Jonathan opened his eyes to the starting city, walking into th blazing Typhoon, thanking Macradon, and leaving. He now had his new armor which excited him a bit. Now, I am going to take a shower at the inn. I feel awful! Jonathan walked into "Weary Warriors" Tavern and moved to his room. luckily for him, the Inn kept people in and safe for free. He moved to the bathroom, unequipped his items and hopped in. His body instantly felt warm, wet, and refreshed. After another couple minutes he hopped out and equipped jacket, jeans and sword. Well, it has been 25 minutes so we better start to head back. Jonathan walked to the teleport pad, paused for a mere second to take a nice deep breath. Then he yelled "TAFT!" With that word he was whisked away into data.

@Aereth

Edited by Morgenstern
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both of the Celestial Ascendant members, one paladin and one apprentice were walking side by side after they finished the medicine quest. Then Jonathan asked Aereth if he wanted to go on higher floors for another quest, since they were really fast in finishing the first today. Aereth nodded and answered. "Sounds great. I'll also head out to pick up some stuff for our next quest. Birdie messaged me that she got some goodies for me." He chuckled at the last part. Just before they went out for the medicine quest, Birdie finished the items, he ordered from her, but he decided to pick them up later since he didn't want to let his paladin friend wait.

"Thirty minutes in Taft is fine by me." He returned Jonathan's wave, and yelled "Floor four, Snowfrost Town." With that he was gone, and returned at floor four again. He immediately sped to his house, took a small shower and picked up the stuff Birdie left for him. Thank, goddess she brought it to my shop." He thought and stored everything into his inventory.

Aereth made it to Taft just some moments before Jonathan, and as his blonde comrade hopped out of the teleport gate, he said with a smile. "Got everything you needed?"

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan's eyes fluttered open as the blue light dispersed. Aereth was already there, ready for action. Jonathan smiled. Aereth was definitely one of the hardest working people. F Jonathan asked him to kill a hundred mobs in two days, It would most definitely get done. I am ready. I have already read a bit from the frontliners about this floor. Out of town, there is a wood. Through that is a bunch of Ant hill mazes, the farther you go in, the more mobs, and the harder the mobs get. It won't be easy, but dnger will be kept to a minimum. Jonathan equipped hi new armor, his entire body becoming encased in the silver like armor. His shield had the Celestial Ascendant's Sun on it. Now. Let us move out. Keep an eye out though. Things are much more trickerier. I will check for what we neeed to do. Jonathan opened his hud and selected a random quest. We need to find the packs of a few travelers that were most likely murdered by the ants. Then we have to kill a few of the ants for revenge. That is the sum of the story it gives so far. Jonathan began to head out. What if the travelers never made it to the hill in the first place? It did not matter, they were only here for training and money. Not here for the story. 

Jonathan entered the floor, and as he made his way over to Aereth told him that he was indeed ready and that he already heard a bit from the frontliners about the eleventh floor. This made Aereth very curious so to say. He definitely wanted to gather as much information about the frontlines as possible. He also intended to join the frontlines at some point, and thus needed the information to prepare himself for that time. "Jonathan, I have a question for you. What do you exactly know about the frontlines? Itzal told me they are in desperate need of tanks and healers. But what do you know about them?"

As Jonathan equipped his armor, Aereth also opened his menu to change his equipment. After some moments his body got engulfed by light and his leather coat was gone. He now had his two rings and his Sword of Legion equipped. Since he was working with a tank today, he wouldn't need the MIT and evasion in combat, so he could use both his accuracy, and loot ring. Jonathan then selected a random quest which also immediately popped up in Aereth's HUD since both of them were in the same party. "Sounds good to me. I've got some new tricks I wanna test out, so I'm looking forward to scout on the higher floors." Today they would gain a whole lot of money and materials, and Aereth also was eager to find out how scouting on the higher floors would be like.

Aereth will be going into this thread with these stats:

Spoiler

HP: 340
Energy: 34
DMG: 7
Equipped: Dexterous Intent, Discovery Ring and Sword of Legion
Battle ready: Leather Coat
LD: 4
ACC: 3
EVA: 1
MIT: 9

All stat modifiers just applied with correct gear equipped.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan began to walk forward with Aereth on his tail. While they were walking, Aeret asked a rather simple question. Oh the frontliners? Yes the really do need some tanks and healers. You see the frontlines have made them self a glass cannon. Major fire power, but a little nick and they are dead. The only other thing I know is that the boss is a giant stone colossal, with probably high mitigation and health. It probably has some AOE attacks, so Itzal won't be joining. I won't be joining either, because my main job is to tank and I don't have much mitigation much. I probably will be ready for the next boss fight though.   As he reached the gate he stopped. He pulled his sword out of his sheath and grasped his shield. With that he ducked into the wood. He immediately began to scan his surroundings. There were occasional hole in the ground. Pathways. As if on command a giant ant popped out of the ground. Jonathan pointed his sword forward. Without thinking, he charged, using his shield to batter the ant to the shield, and slash at it's side. Aim at its side! It has heavy armor on its head! Jonathan jumped back to his side. Well. I forgot to howl. I will have to next turn.

Spoiler

70991 BD:7 MD:4

Jonathan 600/600 <<54/60>> Energy: -7+1

@Aereth 340/340

Armored Ant 251/300 110 DMG -49

Jonathan's Stats in thread

Spoiler

Lv.30 HP 600 Energy 60

7 Base DMG

92 Mit

1 Paralyze (Removes 1 enemy turn if user hit on a unmodified roll of 9 or 10)

2 Regeneration ( Heals you 36 HP  after every attack turn from your opponent

Battle Healing [2] (Heals 20 HP Every turn while in Combat

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan answered Aereths question, and told him that then next boss would be a giant stone colossal with a sh*tton of MIT and health points. In addition to that, it would probably also have strong area of effect attacks, which was the reason his teacher Itzal wouldn't participate on this raid. Jonathan also wouldn't join because his MIT was right now too low. Aereth nodded and stored every information inside his head. Maybe he would be able to gain some knowledge about the minimum level which was required to join the frontlines. "Thanks for telling me buddy. Even if I won't be joining the frontlines anytime soon, it's important to gather as much information as possible about them to learn the mechanics of such boss raids." 

After some time of walking Jonathan and Aereth found a occasional hole in the ground which spawned a giant ant. Without thinking Jonathan charged at it and did a solid hit on the monster. Aereth grinned and also charged at the ant from the left side. The ant didn't even have time to retaliate, since the attacks of both Jonathan and Aereth came rather surprising and seemingly out of nowhere.

ID# 70992 results:
Battle: 5+3=8

Damage: 7*3*2=42

Aereth 340/340 <<29/34>> -6 from sword art +1

Armored Ant 209/300 110 DMG  -42 HP

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched as Aereth attacked while he moved, They simutaneously attacking, made the ant confused. Nice... Jonathan watched as the ant tried to charge. He did not want to let the ant even touch them because if these ants were anything like the real world, then they would be incredbly strong. Jonathan had to keep the attention on him though. The Ant charged him, biting and stomping, but Jonathan dodged, andthen <<Howled>> He quickly moved back. I believe you can hit again easily. This Ant will go down quickly. No need to worry about me, my Battle Healing will keep me safe. Just keep attacking strong. Jonathan held his shield in front as the ant readied itself again. I can get a good counter if its attack pattern is a charge type move. It makes it rather easy in fact, The blond tank inhaled the forest air and began to move to endure. I must play defensively. 

Spoiler

70994 MD:3

@Aereth 340/340 <<29/34>> -6 from sword art +1

Armored Ant 209/300 

Hate Count: J:4 A:1

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan howled and gathered all the attention of the Armored Ant. "I'll do my best." With that said, he sped towards it and tried to slash at it's chest, but unfortunately the armor on this part of the NPC was too strong, and Aereth did not get any damage on the stupid ant. But now he had to dodge the bite and stomp attacks from the enemy. Aereth dodged and rolled to the side, and as the ant was about to bite again, he kicked it on its head, and used the momentum from the kick to get out of the attack range of the NPC. Just as he got out of the range the ant seemed to focus on Jonathan again and readied itself for the next attack.

"Also try not to hit it on its chest, since it is also heavy armored there. I think only the unarmored sides of the ant are open, like you said."

Aereth 340/340 <<28/34>> -2 from missing +1

Armored Ant 209/300 

Hate Count: J:4 A:1

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched as the Scout apprentice struck at the chest of the ant, but it must have been quite heavy armored as well. Jonathan grimaced. This thing has way to much armor. Only its side are open. Jonathan watched as the Ant began to charge. Jonathan rolled to side, letting it past. It would deal massive damage if it touched Jonathan. Jonathan slashed along its side dealing a good amount of damage. It was right about in half health which was great for only being hit three times. That means about six or seven hits and these things were dead. Jonathan backed to Aereth. Just a few more hits. I want you to get the last one. You will ave more chance at getting us some col. These things will probably be gold mines. The blond tank held his shield forward. The sun glinted off of his shield. If they got past this guy, maybe they would be able to get to the tunnels with only encountering one or two more enemies left. 

Spoiler

71011 BD:6 MD:1 

Jonathan 600/600 <<48/60>> Energy: -7+1
@Aereth 340/340 <<28/34>> 

Armored Ant 160/300 -49

Hate Count: J:5 A:1

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan rolled to the side as the heavy armored ant began to charge towards him. He dodged the swipe of the ant without any problems, and slashed at the unarmored side. Red damage markers appeared and the hit points of the ant dropped a huge amount. Aereth wanted to use the opertunity and sneaked around the ant. As he was about to attack the ant recogniced him in the last second and blocked the attack with its sword. Aereth returned cursing to Jonathans side and said. "Yes. I have special equipment as well as the search and detect skill. So hopefully I'll be able to get us some nice loot from this NPC." he said. "But to make that happen, I need to hit this god damned at first." His mood was not the best right now. Just some days ago he ordered a special ring to boost his hit rate, and he still missed one hit after the other. "Maybe I should have become a healer or something, since I suck this much in combat...."

ID# 71127 results:
Battle: 2+3=5

Jonathan 600/600 <<48/60>> Energy: -7+1
Aereth 340/340 <<27/34>> -2+1

Armored Ant 160/300

Hate Count: J:5 A:1

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched as Aereth attacked, missing once again. Jonathan grimaced. The poor kid had no luck so far today. He ven apparently had a accuracy item, but he still missed. Jonathan returned his attention to the ant, but it was far too late. The ant was only a few feet away from him. The creatures metal like body smashed straight into him, sending the poor armored blond flying back. He landed on his knees, and sat there for a second. He looked up seeing the ant begin to back itself up. He stood and looked down. There was a small dent in the armor along with a gash. How in the? As soon as he began to think, the armor began to fix itself as his battle healing kicked in. The armor is a direct proportion to my health? That is freaky. Jonathan looked to Aereth. This is why we need to stay focused my friend. I believe the best way to get a good strike would be to act like it was a bull, and dodge at the very last moment, slicing along its side as it goes. Jonathan nodded to the man and returned his attention to the ant. 

Spoiler

71143 BD:4 MD:9 Regen Activated +36HP            Battle Turn: Battle Healing Activated! +20 HP

Jonathan 600/600 <<47/60>> Health: 600- (110-92=18)=582+56=600 Energy: -1
@Aereth 340/340 <<27/34>> 

Armored Ant 160/300

Hate Count: J:5 A:1

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan seemed to be thinking about something, because he reacted a tad bit too late as the Armored Ant charged at him and dealt some good damage at him. But a few seconds later his armor started to fix itself again, and his health points increased to full again. "Wow. Your armor is awesome Jonathan.

Jonathan then told him not to attack the Ant head on. Aereth should wait until the Ant charged at him again, dodge the hit in the last moment and then counter the attack. "Understood." When it came to orders from his superiours, Aereth always answered with a high amount of respect and in the fastest way possible. 

Aereth sheathed his sword on his back and then picked up a stone. Then he charged his unarmed combat skill and threw the stone directly at the ants head. The ant slowly turned to Aereth and started to charge at him. With his left hand on the handle of his blade, Aereth readied himself for the incoming enemy. As the ant tried to swipe at Aereth he moved one step to the side and started to spin his body while simultaneously unsheathing his sword again. He was able to hit the ant several times before it backend away. Before it could get out of Aereth attacking range, he used the rest of his momentum from his movements to deliver a spinning kick to the chest of the ant in order to create more distance between them.

ID# 71229 results:
Battle: 4+3

Jonathan 600/600 <<47/60>>
Aereth 340/340 <<22/34>> -6+1

Damage: 7*3*2=42

Armored Ant 118/300

Hate Count: J:5 A:2

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan stood at the ready, watching as Aereth dash past him, making a good attack, his blade making contact with the ant. Jonathan smiled and refocused on the ant. He took a breath of the air before dashing forward. The ant raised itself onto four of ts legs, trying crawl onto Jonathan. Thinking simultaneously, he ran until he was right before getting crushed by the ant. He leapt into the air. As he flew through the air, he kicked the ant backward. The Ant feel onto its back, wriggling onto the ground. Jonathan turned into the air, maneuvering to where he was falling straight down with his sword stabbing down. He landed, his blade sinking into the fallen ants chest. The creature squealed and Jonathan yanked his weapon out of its ant sheath. Few more hits.... Jonathan leapt backwards as the Ant recovered. It had not touched him this time, but it would not have mattered anyway. The creature had nothing on him. Jonathan was practically invincible against it. 

Spoiler

71250 BD:8 MD:2

Jonathan 600/600 <<41/60>> -7+1
@Aereth 340/340 <<22/34>> 

Armored Ant 69/300 -49

Hate Count: J:6 A:3

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan leaped himself into the air, and pinned the ant on the ground with his sword. "Finally! He managed to penetrate the heavy armor." Aereth thought as he dashed once again at the ant. Jonathan retreated and the ant was still struggling to get back on its feet. As Aereth reached the ant, he kneed it into its unprotected side, wich made it fall again. Aereth jumped readied his sword art, and struck the ant at the exact same spot where Jonathan managed to penetrate the heavy armor on its chest. This time the sword went through the ant with no problems, and reduced it's health into the red. Aereth grinned and pulled his sword out of his enemy. 

He then retreated and went back to Jonathans side. "Now it's only one more hit away from death. Distract it somehow for me, so that I can get the last hit on it." He told his blonde friend. Aereth wanted to get the last hit on the ant to raise the chances of getting better loot for both of them. He was a scout after all.

ID# 71298 results:
Battle: 6+3

Jonathan 600/600 <<41/60>> -7+1
Aereth 340/340 <<22/34>> 

Armored Ant 27/300 -42

Hate Count: J:6 A:3

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched as Aereth made another successful attack, bringing it into the red zone. Jonathan smiled, but heard Aereth's request. Jonathan sighed and charged the ant. The tank kicked the creature in the side causing the creature to grunt. The Ant turned and bgan to charge at him. Jonathan smiled but was rammed into the dirt by the ant, which now stood atop of him, trying to tear through his armor. The blond grunted, and yelled out "Is this perhaps distracted enough? Jonathan tried to shove the creature off of him, but the creature was far to heavy for him to do anything. He never thought he would say that an ant had him pinned to the ground. This was definently a day to remember. He caught a small glimpse of Aereth while he treid to figure out was was taking man so long. I really do hope we can get at least something out of this. This has been quite the time getting crushed by the ant. 

Spoiler

71300 BD:5 MD:10 LD:18..... :(

Jonathan 600/600 <<40/60>>  Health: 600- (110-92=18)=582+56=600 Energy: -1
Aereth 340/340 <<22/34>> 

Armored Ant 27/300 -42

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan did his best to distract the armored ant. But as the ant charged at him and pushed him into the ground, Aereth frowned. This was not what he wanted. He brought Jonathan in a dangerous situation. In the position they were right now, Aereth couldn't safely attack the armored ant without hitting his friend as well. He sheathed his sword and charged at both of them. 

Aereth tackled the ant with all his speed and force. The combined force of Aereth's tackle and Jonathan's pushing managed to get the ant away from Jonathan. "I'm sorry buddy, but I couldn't get a clean hit in without also hitting you." He helped his friend to his feet and unsheathed his sword again. Just one clean hit, and it would be done. They would get a good amount of col out of the ant be done with it. Aereth sighed and readied himself for a final attack.

ID# 71306 results:
Battle: 5

Jonathan 600/600 <<40/60>>
Aereth 340/340 <<23/34>> 

Armored Ant 27/300

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan laid on the ground as he was getting almost mauled by the ant. It was a good thing, his armor had great defensive properties. He also had battle healing and regen that kept him in the safe zone. Aereth got the ant off him, and Jonathan rolled onto his chest. He pushed himself upward, and sighed, brushing his armor off. He went to turn, but something smashed into him again, knocking him back to the ground. Jonathan rolled to aviod being mauled once more. This hting really will not calm down now will it? Jonathan made a simple stab at it, but to his sadness it did not make any contact with the ant. You have it this time Aereth, just focus. We want that cash. Jonathan leapt away to prevent himself from any more unnessecary injuries. He had faith in Aereth to be able kill them along with getting a decent loot from them. 

Spoiler

71307 BD:2 MD:7

Jonathan 600/600 <<39/60>>
@Aereth 340/340 <<23/34>> 

Armored Ant 27/300

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan stood up once again, but was immediately brought back to ground from the ant. It was still focusing only on Jonathan. This time however, Aereth didn't intend to push the ant away again. "I have to take this risk." He thought and readied his sword art. Just a little miss, and Aereth would hit his own comrade. "Not this time. This thing will die and we will get the loot from it." He made a big step and got in attack range, since he wasn't that far away from Jonathan. Then he quickly released the sword art, and let a barrage of hits rain down on the unprotected areas of the ant. Aereth finished his attack wit a stab directly through the head of the goddamned ant. This time his blade went cleanly through the virtual armor and head of the ant and buried itself centimeters away from Jonathan's head into the ground. The ant scattered into thousand pieces and Aereth quickly retreated his sword. "Finally. We did it buddy." He said and offered Jonathan a hand, while the congratulation screen popped up in front of them.

Spoiler

ID# 71450 results:
Battle: 7
Loot: 9+4=13 (S&D 1 and +3 from ring)

Jonathan 600/600 <<40/60>>
Aereth 340/340 <<18/34>> -6+1

Armored Ant: DEAD

Rewards: 
Both players get 300*5/2 Col = 750 Col and 1 Material

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

(I know your added it in the begiing, but please add you additions to the loot die. I believe yours would be 9+3(Discovery Ring) +1 (Skill)-OOC

Jonathan smiled as Aereth shot forward, making multiple slashes fiercely, and managed to end the ant. Jonathan stepped forward and smiled to the scout. Very good, we even managed to start one of our requirements. Allow me to equip my loot finding Jacket, and we can search for the missing traveling packs. The tank looked away, unequipping his armor and reequpping his jacket and jeans. He could not look around for another minute or so because of the fact that he had just equipped his armor. He looked to Aereth and decided to make light conversation. So I have heard Biride and you have begun training. How has it gone so far? Any problems? I am curious because I wish to know how much you have and are going to improve. Jonathan looked around, making sure he to not get dive bombed by another armored ant. I finally have tracked down a tank, and now the man needs to be initiated since he has been approved. Itzal and Kasier seemed to really like him, and I believe he shows good promise. 

-54 Mitigation

+2 LD

"Sure. No problem take the time you need Jonathan. I've got nothing to do for the rest of the day, and in case we have to stay out in the night, I've brought plenty of food and some torches." Aereth answered Jonathan as he was changing his equipment. In the meantime Aereth also sheathed his sword on his back and swiped through his inventory to see what he was able to get out from today's grinding.

Then Jonathan's question about their training with his friend Itzal brought Aereth's attention back to Jonathan. He immediately thought about their first day of training where he had his mental breakdown. Aereth immediately pushed the matter away, since he didn't want to tell Jonathan the whole story about Adrian and his death. "I had a kinda rough start, but right now it's going pretty darn good. It's a lot of hard work, but I've got no problem with hard work. I also got the right scouting equipment and my Search and Detect skill is rank one. But to be fair, I just need a few more skill points to get it to level two. Oh and by the way. I just opened my tailor shop on floor four, so if you need something tailor related let me know. Guild mates get a special discount."

ID# 71517 results:
Loot: 4

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth