PP-F11) Into the Hive (Hard RGQ- Aereth)

Jonathan watched as Aereth countered the blow to him by getting a good few strikes in. The creature was now a lot stronger, but much much easier to hit. The blond recovered form his previous blow and began to charge again. They needed to deal as much damage as possible before things actually got serious. Jonathan was no healing enough to cancel out the damage. He reached the ant and struck the creature multiple times. Once again, the creature acted like it was nothing and continued to ram him back, acting as if his blows were nothing. Jonathan grunted upon impact before turning to Aereth. Take about three hits off to gain back your energy. I need you to get the last hit on this guy. As big as it is, I should hit about everytime for you to be able to get the last hit. Joanthan was not exactly worried about his injuries, but they were quite noticeable.

Spoiler

72467 BD:4+3 MD:8

Jonathan 266/600 <28/60> 318-(200-92=108+56=52 DMG Taken)
@Aereth 340/340 <3/34>+1-6

Giant Ant B 115/300 -49HP form Jonathan's attack

Hate Count:
Giant Ant B: J 8, A 1

Edited by Morgenstern
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foregoing action

Jonathan also was once again able to get some nice hits on the remaining ant. Even though, it got a buff on his attack strength, it seemed like it did nothing good for it at all. Jonathan was tanking like a boss, but unfortunately wasn’t recovering enough health points to negate the damage completely. “At this rate, Jonathan will win this battle. No question, but I have to try and get the last hit on the ant.” Aereth thought, as Jonathan told him to rest some time in order to regain some of his energy. If Jonathan landed another two hits on the ant, Aereth could finish the enemy off with no problems. “You’re right. Just give me some minutes, then I’ll be able to finish the thing off with no problem.” Aereth yelled while creating some more distance between him and the action. As much as he hated it to let Jonathan take this much hits, it was necessary if they wanted to get the best loot.

Spoiler

Jonathan 266/600 <28/60>
Aereth 340/340 <4/34>+1

Giant Ant B 115/300

Hate Count:

@Morgenstern

Jonathan held his ground with the oversized ant. It was nice that he was actually useful from being able to hit, but the fact that it did so much damage, without even feeling the damage dealt to it was devastating. Aereth was on the side lines, preparing for one last attack. Another two attacks from Jonathan and it would be all ready. Jonathan looked forward at the ant and grimaced as he advanced. Eventually his walk became a charge and he slashed the ant with brute force. The ant did not falter, but kept wreaking havoc, smashing its body into Jonathan. Jonathan faltered back, before eventually falling into the ground. His body felt much weaker as it was low. He looked to Aereth, who looked a bit worried but they both knew that they would have this battle one with zero casualties. Unless something went very bad quickly. Jonathan had the creature under a hundred health, and it would be dead in about two hits. "Don't worry Aereth, I am fine."

Spoiler

Jonathan 214/600 <22/60> (200-92=108+56=52 DMG Taken)
Aereth 340/340 <4/34>+1

Giant Ant B 66/300 -49

Hate Count:

Edited by Morgenstern

Foregoing action.

Standing at the side lines, Aereth could do nothing more than wait and look at what the f*cking ant was doing to Jonathan. Jonathan charged at the ant, slashed at it with some serious force, and dealt some good damage once again. Unfortunately, the retaliation hit from the ant came immediately after Jonathan’s attack.

Jonathan faltered back and almost fell to the ground, but gained control over his body again at the last moment. Aereth clenched his fists, and wanted to jump in so badly, but Jonathan told him that he was fine and that he shouldn’t worry. He knew that Jonathan was right, since the ant was in the red zone and two more attacks would end it, but still. Something deep inside of him screamed to rush in, try to defend Jonathan, and help him. Maybe not the best mind set for a weak scout apprentice, but he couldn’t do anything about it…

Spoiler

Jonathan 214/600 <22/60> 
Aereth 340/340 <5/34>+1

Giant Ant B 66/300

Hate Count:

@Morgenstern

Jonathan stood, holding his sword in front of him. His body was beginning to become exhausted from lack of energy and low health. He had never been this low on health in a while. Probably it was when he was a particularly low leveled player. Jonathan grunted and charged forward. Striking the creature seven times in total. The ant was brought down to a mere shrivel of health. It appeared particulary angered by this and carged forward recklesssly, causing much more damage then it should of. Jonathan fell back, finally dropping in the red zone. His vision had created a dark red around the corners. Jonathan returned to his feet and held out his shield. NOW AERETH! , he shouted to his ally. He should have enough energy now to make one simple attack. They had vetter get loot from this, or Jonathan would be mad. This had been the most devastating fight that he had in months. 

Spoiler

72622 BD:3+3 MD:9

Jonathan 112/600 <16/60>   (250-92=158+56=102 DMG Taken)
@Aereth 340/340 <5/34>+1

Giant Ant B 66/300

Hate Count:
Giant Ant B: J 9, A 1

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan struck at the ant, did massive damage to the ant, once again. Unfortunately the ant retaliated with an devastating blow. Aereth’s body tensed up as Jonathan’s health hit the red.

Finally Jonathan called out to him to start the finishing attack on the ant. Aereth immediately sped towards the ant, charging his sword art. Before the ant was able to strike at Jonathan again, Aereth reached the damned ant and deleted the last remaining health points from the NPC. The ant scattered into tiny little polygons, and Aereth immediately went over to Jonathan who was still lying on the ground from the last attack of the ant. His body was covered from head to toe with red damage markers, and his health points were in the red. “I’m terribly sorry for letting you hang there for so long. And I didn’t even manage to get us some good loot from the encounter…” Aereth said in a low voice, offering Jonathan his hand to help him up again.

Spoiler

ID# 72625 results:
Battle: 2+6
Damage: 7*3*2=42 DMG
Loot: 4

Jonathan 112/600 <16/60>
Aereth 340/340 <1/34>+1-6

Giant Ant B 0/300 DEAD

Materials: 5
Quest Items: 4
Col: 1500 Col

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched from his down position as Aereth burst forward and struck it, finishing it off then and there. Jonathan allowed himself to be helped up from Aereth. As the blond was on his feet again, he unequipped his battered armor. He smiled weakly at Aereth and looked down at himself. Red gashes and marks made a pattern all the way up his body, much worse than anything recently. Well, they were much stronger than anything I have faced recently. You have no idea how long it has been since I reached red. Hey, why don't you go and search for materials while I rest up. I definitely need some health back. Luckily, I think we only have one monster to go now.... Jonathan sat down on a fallen log. He never thought he would ever again take that amount of damage. It showed him something though. That he needed to increase his tanking skills even further. He was not strong enough to be able to take that thing, so he would have to take on something else. 

1/3

Edited by Morgenstern

Aereth let out a silent sigh. “I’m glad this battle is over now. That special ability of that stupid ant really hit me off guard. Increasing its damage output like it was nothing. For the last one we definitely have to be very careful not to let it get this boost from eating a nearby fallen ant. Disgusting, if you ask me…” He said to Jonathan who now had unequipped his battle gear, and sat down on a log.

Jonathan then said, that Aereth should look for some materials until Jonathan had gained enough health back. Nodding, Aereth looked around where they were resting, and immediately found a bunch of small ores, just some steps away from the branch Jonathan was sitting on. Swiftly picking them up, Aereth returned immediately to Jonathan, and fetched two water bottles from his inventory. “Here drink something my friend.” Aereth said, offering the tank one of the water bottles. “You also wanna eat something? I’ve brought a couple of sandwiches with me.”

Spoiler

ID# 72878 results:
Loot: 12+4

Materials: 5+4=9 T2-Materials

Spoiler

Currently equipped:
Leather Coat, Discovery Ring, Sword of Legion

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan listened to Aereth as he talked about the ant mob and how it was disgusting about how it cannabalized. Jonathan shrugged. Personally, he thought it was a cool skill and the one who developed had an open mind. The man offered a bottle of water and Jonathan kindly accepted it. He took the cap of and took a medium sized drink. He sloshed it around his mouth for a bit, allowing the cool fresh water to get rid of the dryness in his mouth. Then he swallowed and denied the sandwhiches. Not really all that hngry at the moment. We should be about done with the quest, but the sun shows that we will be able to stay out here a bit longer after another ant is dead. We should focus on killing it as soon as possible this time. We don't want to waste time. After this however, our level should rise" The blond chuckled and stared at the ground. He had come close to death, one or two more hits would have done the trick. These higher floors were beginning to be no joke, and they should not just go wild up here. 

Smiling, as Jonathan took the water bottle, Aereth also took a sip from his bottle. He still looked a bit shaken from the situation before. Jonathan took too much damage, and wasn't able to recover enough to cancle out the damage. A terrible feeling. Close death scenarios like what happened to Jonathan just moments ago were nothing that you could shake of by just some resting, and Aereth was worried about the mental state of his friend. "To be a tank must be very hard. To risk your life, in order to keep the others save...F*ck this sh*t. Not only are the tanks in the most dangerous areas while fighting, they also have to carry the responsibility for the lives of the others..."

Aereth let out a gentle sigh as he sat down next to Jonathan. "If you want we can call it a day." He paused shortly. "I'm terribly sorry that you had to risk your life in order to protect me, and I wasn't even able to help you out of that situation properly. I really hope you are ok. And if you want to stop fighting for today, I would understand that." Aereth said in a low voice looking towards the horizon.

Spoiler

ID# 72882 results:
Loot: 8+4

Materials: 9 T2-Materials

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched as Aereth sat with a sigh next to him. He looked over, a bit depressed and asked him if he wanted to call it a day, and he apologized for risking his life for Aereth. Jonathan laughed and stood. "Quit?, that makes me laugh. The day I decided to become a tank, I chose to put my life out there to protect others. My Tanking skills are to make sure I don't die. My job is to make sure you don't die, my skills job is to ensure I don't die. You did not get injured, at that means I completed my job. I am alive, which means my skills worked." The blond looked over to the forest. He chose himself to be a tank, he was not forced. Now, I am fine. The Apprentice I am training is in perfect condition, and the day he isn't I failed as a tank. When a party member under my protection dies, I will never forgive myself. It will practically be like murdering them myself. " Jonathan smiled to Aereth and finished by saying, "Right now, I feel like a hero. The holy warrior I have always dreamed of being. Now, lets go finish that quest!" 

Hearing Jonathan talk about being a tank and the responsibilities of his chosen part made Aereth smile. “I’m glad you choose to become a tank my friend. I really enjoy working together with you on quests, and other stuff. You’re a reliable person Jonathan, and I really look up to you, just as much as I’m looking up to Itzal, as a paladin, a guild founder and much more important, as a friend.” He told the blonde tank that was sitting next to him. Even though, Jonathan was a little bit younger than Aereth, he still respected the man as his superior, and looked up to him.

He knew the feeling of letting a dear friend die because Aereth was too weak to protect this person, and Jonathan was right. You can never forgive yourself if you let something like this happen.

Just then he noticed something on the ground. It was a small hole covered with grass. Aereth walked over to the spot and found another set of ores in said hole.

Spoiler

ID# 73545 results:
Loot: 14+4

Materials: 9+4=13 T2-Materials

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan stretched as he stood. He had regained a good amount of health, and was ready for another bout of action. Alright there Aereth, we have one more ant to kill and then we can just hang around. I would advise after this ant though, that we take a rest and look for some materials or something. My health won't rise fully for quite some time. I personally think that it needs to be buffed to at least forty or so per turn, but I am not in charge there." Jonathan unsheathed his weapon, galncing at his health bar. It appeared to be good enough for a battle or so, but it would be best to not push it. He made sure all of his armor was in check and nodded to Aereth, silently telling him that he was ready. The ant would not have a friend, so it would not be able to cannibalize and increase its damage. Sadly, Jonathan still did not ahve an accuracy item, So Aereth would have to take up a lot of the damage himself. It was a shame the man did not was not tier two

Aereth listened to what Jonathan was saying to him, and looking at his energy bar, he knew that he was also ready for the last part of this quest. The rewards of this quest must be enormous, if they had to struggle this much with it. "Sure thing. Let's get going, and you are totally right. Health regeneration sucks, even with the survival skill. I think it should at least heal more if you rise in level." The brown haired scout apprentice said to Jonathan. After that he checked his equipment once again and readjusted some things. "I won't need my armor in this battle, so I'll just carry my sword, accuracy ring and discovery ring." he thought as he swiped through his inventory, in order to equip the right items to the right slots. 

Just as he finished reorganizing his stuff, Aereth found some herbs hanging from a tree branch on the left side of clearing they were resting. He smiled and picked the materials up, storing them away into his inventory. He then turned back to Jonathan and said. "Ready when you are."

Spoiler

ID# 73584 results:
Loot: 15+4

Materials: 13+4=17 T2-Materials

Equipped:

Spoiler

Sword of Legion (+3DMG), Discovery Ring (+3LD), Dexterous Intent (+3ACC)

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

OOC Sorry it took a whole year to reply

Jonathan smiled to the man, and stood up looking around. He stretched his body and trodded forward, reequipping his armor with ease. "Well let us go and find this thing, should not be that long." He unsheathed his weapon, and gave a tighter grip to his shield. He stopped abruptly as he heard digging, causing his hair to lurch forward. Seconds later, dirt began to fly everywhere, revealing another giant ant.  Jonathan smiled advancing on the beast. The blond stepped forward, and unleashed a <Howl> that ripped through the silence of peace in the forest. Seeming to be angered by the howl, the beast lurched forward, smashing its head, into Jonathan's chest. "Just why?" Angered by being hit again, Jonathan turned away from the beast. "You got it Aereth, give it all you got." I have got some potions on me, so I should be just fine." 

Spoiler

73635 MD:10

3]Jonathan 320/600 <54/60> 282-(110-92=18)=264+56=320

[4] @Aereth 340/340 <34/34

Edited by Morgenstern

Yes you’re right. These enemies aren’t rare to encounter here after all.” Aereth said to the blonde tank, but got interrupted by an ant that was digging its way to the two players underground. “What the..” Aereth said, and Jonathan instantly howled.

After howling the ant attacked him and he got blown back by the hit a little bit. He then gave some instructions to Aereth, as he regained his stand again. “I will do so. Don’t worry I’ll lay waste on it, with the energy I have regained.” Aereth answered him.

Then he unsheathed his sword, and started to attack the beast. He evaded every hit the ant threw at him, since the ant was mainly focused on the tank. “Now that is what you get for ignoring me.” He thought and struck the unprotected side of the enemy, dealing some good damage. The ant made some strange and pained noises, and Aereth created some distance to the ant again.

Spoiler

ID# 73661 results:
Battle: 3+3=6 HIT
Damage: 7*3*2=42DMG

Jonathan 320/600 <54/60>
Aereth 340/340 <29/34>+1-6

Giant Ant 258/300 -42HP from Aereth's attack

Hate Count:
A: 1
J: 3

Materials: 5

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan looked over to his side, seeing the man behind him. The brown haired man behind him promised to lay waste upon the ant, and Jonathan nodded, turning his attention toward to the ant. It did not appear to be happy about them traveling through its territory, which it would proudly protect until death. The blond smiled as Aereth quickly charged forward, struck the side of the enemy, and then successfully retreated back without taking damage himself. Jonathan beamed at the man with a huge grin and happily said with and excited voice, "Nice man, let us get this thing dead as soon as possible. We don't want to waste our free time." Jonathan smiled and charged forward. Bounding, Jonathan thrust his curved weapon into the side of the ant, causing it to make a shrieking noise that of a pig in agony. Pleased with his work, Jonathan absorbed another attack and leapt backward. "Lets demolish this thing!"

Spoiler

73664 BD:6 MD:7

Jonathan 368/600 <54/60> 320-(100-92=312+56=368
@Aereth 340/340 <29/34>+1-6

Giant Ant 209/300 -49HP from Jonathan's attack

Hate Count:
J: 4

Edited by Morgenstern

Aereth nodded at the encouraging words of his tank partner. “Let’s do this, I need the experience from this quest. And the sooner we are done with this ant, the sooner we can head back to town and collect the rewards.” He answered with a big grin on his own.

Just after the ant attacked Jonathan once again, Aereth dashed in for another attack. This time unfortunately, the ant saw the attack coming, dodged the swipe, and delivered a punch to Aereth’s stomach in return. Aereth was stumbling back a little bit. “Seems like I got a little bit too exicted with this attack. I need to focus again, if we want to take this ant down fast.” He thought and turned to Jonathan. “I’m fine, just continue to attack it and I’ll strike if I get the opportunity!” He was careless, and he had to pay for his mistake. Fortunately the and didn’t do any damage to him this time.

Spoiler

ID# 73704 results:
Battle: 2+3 Miss

Jonathan 368/600 <54/60>
Aereth 340/340 <28/34>+1-2

Giant Ant 209/300

Hate Count:

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan stood silently as Aereth charged forward, the man appeared to be to wild about his attack and missed by mere inches. Joanthan thought really quickly and said to the scout, "Hey man, If you are that close, don't be afraid to activate concentration. If you don't have it by now, do it now, don't wait until you are in my position and have the quest practically impossible. I'm going to have to wait until tier three the gemini has far too much mitigation for my attack." Jonathan sighed and looked forward, seeing his target began to charge him. The blond's grimace changed into a smile, and Jonathan charged, sweeping the area with his blade. The dodged his attack by mere inches, and Jonathan leapt back, leaving himself unharmed. Well that kind of sucked, this is why I am not a damage dealer. Although Beat does a lot of damage, I guess he also has high accuracy to always hit. 

Spoiler

73708 BD:5 MD:5

Jonathan 388/600 <53/60> -2+1 HP:+20
@Aereth 340/340 <28/34>+1-2

Giant Ant 209/300

Hate Count:

Edited by Morgenstern

Aereth facepalmed at the remark of the blonde tank. He didn’t have the concentration skill but he could have used his disguise in order to f*ck with the ant’s mind. Ashamed about his own stupidity, Aereth simply nodded to the man and quickly focused back on the battle. Or at least he tried…

Aereth tried to attack the giant ant multiple times after it effortlessly tried to attack Jonathan. But unfortunately he missed every single hit and thus did no damage to the enemy. “F*ck these f*cking ants! F*ck.” He thought, but managed to keep a calm face. “How is it possible that it is able to dodge so many hits, even though I’m using an accuracy item. F*ck.”

After that he returned back behind Jonathan to refocus again. “Now it would even be useless if I used Disguise. There was just no opening... Sorry.” He said to the blonde tank.

Spoiler

ID# 73749 results:
Battle: 1 Miss. I f*cking hate the dice...

Jonathan 388/600 <53/60> -2+1 HP:+20
Aereth 340/340 <27/34>+1-2

Giant Ant 209/300

Hate Count:

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth