PP-F11) Into the Hive (Hard RGQ- Aereth)

Jonathan watched as Aereth attacked, appearing almost like a tornado, ripping through everything in his path with a destructive force. He seeed almost impossible with his determination. Jonathan smiled and stepped forward, preparing to take one last hit. If Aereth could get this, his life would feel so much better. Already being out here so long was almost driving him crazy. If he could actually get some col out of this battle, he would feel so relieved. He believed that the man could do it. He was holding up nicely, even though they both were taking some extensive training. He advanced, and the ant did not seem to like the sight of him. It smashed into his shield, bringing the blond a bit of pain, but he would definitely be fine. "Alright Aereth, you got this. Just get us some goodies, then we can kill one more finally." Their adventure had finally had almost reached that area where they were starting to cool down a bit. 

Spoiler

[6]Jonathan 600/600 <> 33/60 (110-92)-18 HP, +56 HP/ -2 EN, +1 EN]
[5] @Aereth 340/340 <> 14/34

Giant Ant 23/350

Materials: 10

Edited by Morgenstern
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'll do my best to do that my friend." Aereth said after Jonathan smashed the ant with his shield and thus prepared it for the last hit. He started charging towards the ant, his sword art at the ready. Then the ant suddenly rolled to the side, trying to evade Aereth's hit. "Not this time." he thought and immediately triggered his <<Disguise>> skill. His body morphed into the same shape and size of the ant which hit the ant by surprise. "Exactly how I wanted it to happen." Aereth thought and started to attack the ant. He stuck at it and it's health points dropped to zero, which resulted in the ant scattering into pieces. Then he morphed back into his real body and the Disguise skill was now in its cool-down phase. "Looks like we did it." he called out to the tank and looked at the quest requirements. "Only one more non mat drop and we're ready to go home.

@Morgenstern

Spoiler

ID# 76992 results:

Battle: 2+3(ACC ring)+1(Disguise activated)=6 HIT
Damage: 7*2*2= 28DMG
Loot: 17+4=21

[6]Jonathan 600/600 <> 33/60
[5] Aereth 340/340 <> 1134

Giant Ant 0/350

Materials: 10+1
Col: 1500+350*5/2= 2375 Col

Edited by Aereth

As Aereth charged forward, he watched as the man turned into the ant, still attacking and taking the blond by surprise. What was this? Was it a skill he had yet to hear about, or was Aereth holstering a unique skill. He felt like he was being a little dramatic, but Aereth came out slowly, in his own body. They had gotten loot actually. One more ant with loot for them remained. "Alright! Let's both take a break here for a second and catch back up on energy. You need it more, as you are actually hitting. Hopefully our next adventure will not take as long." The blond chuckled and sheathed his weapon, resting once more on the ground. He need to be more prominent with attacking. Aereth was doing absolutely all the work, and the blond was not okay with that. "We can finish this, take a break or so, maybe kill another one, and then go and celebrate" He smiled waiting for a reply. He hoped they would be able to get in more of a conversation to help run down the time they had, especially while they celebrated 

@Aereth

After Aereth came back to Jonathan and heard his comment he chuckled sightly. "Don't say such nonsense. Without you I wouldn't even be able to come to this floor to begin with. You do your job and I do mine. If I had to take all the damage you already took I would have been dead after the first ant." It was really unnecessary to feel bad for not being able to attack the whole time. It was complicated to keep up all the hate, taking all the damage and even attack at the same time. Aereth was very impressed how Jonathan shouldered all those things at the same time when in combat. "That sounds like a great idea my friend. I'm eager to know how much experience and loot we will be able to get from this quest. Must be a ton. And afterwards we'll get something to eat. My treat."

Spoiler

Materials: 11
Col: 2375 Col

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan paced slowly around the area, moving in circles. Aereth was trying to make him feel better about his damage output, but it was no good at the moment. He was just bored, and was finding something to blame for the time that it was taking. This quest was very long, and thy had not even finished it yet. He would be so happy upon finish. "Anyhting perhaps that you would like to talk about? We still got a whole another minute or so until our energy becomes full again" He sighed and unsheathed his sword, plunging it into the nearest tree. He was have expecting the tree to attack him, like the occasional treant you find on floor 3. Man, he hated that floor. 'I will probably be here for at least another hour or so. At least I will be getting a good amount of skill points right? That will fix everything if I can gain a few levels from this adventure. It probably would have been better with another person that could deal a bit of damage. We probably would be done by now"'

@Aereth

Just one more drop from an ant and they would be set to head back home again. Relaxing, drinking and eating. It's been a straining day up until now. Two times they were unable to gain any kind of loot out of the giant ants they fought up till now. Just one more. While resting to regain their energy, Jonathan asked Aereth if there was anything in particular that he wanted to talk about until the rested. "Well... I have a question that has been roaming in my head for some time now. I know that on paper, you are the leader of the Celestial Ascendants. Don't worry, I know that all the paladins have equal power inside the guild. But what made you guys choose to open up a guild to help lower leveled players?" Aereth asked curiously with his arms crossed over is chest. He wanted to know more about the backstory of the founding of the CA and its paladins...

@Morgenstern

Jonathan sighed and pulled his weapon out of the tree and looked to Aereth. He asked a question, more about the backstory of the Celestial Ascendants. The blond smiled weakly as he caught a faint memory. It felt so long ago. In months they had, they had moved so far in the game, and the CA was now a common phrase. He looked to the man and answered, "Well, I don't remember absolutely everything but..." He rubbed the back of his head and continued, "I have always, or from like level twenty, wanted to be a tank. My purpose is to defend players, and then I thought of the hardships I faced to get here. Almost died twice.... Stupid Elf and Spiders" he shuddered but kept going. "Itzal and I back then were practically intertwined. You could not get one without the other, we were on eachothers sides. I mentioned the thought to him, an he agreed. Not really much of a noble backstory, but the fact the guild remains, Is still something I smile about every single day" 

@Aereth

Aereth listened very closely to the story Jonathan told him. How he decided to become a tank and how he came to the thought of forming a guild. Aereth chuckled. "I think it's awesome from you guys to help lower leveled players such as myself to grow in strength and help them archive their goals inside of this game. You know, it's very depressing for a level one player to stay in the safe zone of the first floor the whole time because there's nobody who can help you grind and teach you some things. This world needs more guys like you." he answered the tank with a smile on his face. This guild did so much for him and other lower leveled players and thus needed to stay as it was right now. Aereth then looked around to see if he would be able to find something. Unfortunately, he couldn't spot any materials or other things. Sighing, he took out another bottle of water and took a sip from it.

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

The blond gave the man beside him a slight shrug as he mentioned that Aincrad needed more players like him. Alas, it was true that there needed to be less selfish players out there, but they all had a reason. Then he heard it again. An ant approached him, snapping at him. He pulled his weapon and raised his shield. let's hope this is our final one, I am tired of being out in these woods." He <<Howled>> grabbing its attention. From there, it charged forward, streaking across his side. He grunted and rolled to the side, taking a bit of damage, but it healed right up. "Alright get it Aereth. I will try to assist as much as I can, but I do little damage, and do not hit very often" He prayed to any kind of god that others did that this would be the last ant. They needed to get this done as soon as possible. 

Spoiler

[3]Jonathan 600/600 <> 60/60 (110-92)-18 HP, ]
[0] @Aereth 340/340 <> 14/34

Giant Ant 350/350

Aereth chuckled at the comment about this ant being the last one for the quest, and waited until the man finished to howl. "Let's get this over with." He replied and charged at the giant ant after it hit Jonathan for the first time. His sword was glowing in a dark shade of blue as he charged up a sword art. He closed the distance in almost no time and swiped diagonally at the ant. He then turned and followed up with a horizontal strike dealing some good damage to the stupid ant. "Note to myself: Bring Birdie some kind of present for this amazing accuracy ring." he thought and retreated back behind Jonathan. Mob grinding was so much easier when working together with a tank. On his own he could only take low leveled monster that only gave away little to no loot at all. "Just this one thing and we're done..." he thought.

Spoiler

ID# 77895 results:
Battle: 7+3
Damage: 7*3*2=42DMG

[3]Jonathan 600/600 <> 33/60 (110-92)-18 HP, ]
[1] Aereth 340/340 <> 29/34 -6+1

Giant Ant 308/350

Materials: 11
Col: 2375 Col

OOC: @Morgenstern Are we gonna use the updated Loot Table from now on?

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched as the man charged forward, slashing into the side of the ant like a mad man. The blond smiled as the ant shirked and it health dived down. Perhaps this one would go a lot faster the the previous one's. If could get a decent hit in, it would help Aereth tremendously. He twirled his weapon and advanced on the ant. It hissed at him and he burst forward, slashing  with brute force.  His blows ended up becoming a defensive stance form the ant's own attacks. "Keep it up Aereth. We are almost there!" He had a good feeling about this mob. They would kill it and be done. It would be so beneficial to both of them to have this quest done. Thy probably already had racked up quite the SP already, if they could just go ahead, and finish it off now and reap the rewards, it would be great. Each of them needed some proper training. 

Spoiler

77977 BD:3 MD:2

[3]Jonathan 600/600 <> 59/60  
[1] @Aereth 340/340 <> 29/34 -6+1

Giant Ant 308/350

"Yeah man. We got this." Aereth answered @Morgenstern while he attacked the hopefully last ant for the quest. Jonathan attacked the ant but unfortunately the blow got blocked by the huge mob. Aereth immediately sped towards them in order to get a hit in as well. He ran, charged, struck aaaaand missed. The ant saw him coming and immediately responded by shifting it's body to side. The blade hit thin air and Aereth was starting to stumble forward... He then decided to roll away in order not to loose the complete control over his movements. After that he stood back up again and dusted himself off. "I just wanna finish this stupid quest. It already took us so long to get the three drops, and now only this bastard is seperating us from finishing the quest and going home..." he thought and looked at Jonathan, who was still in the close range of the freaking ant.

Spoiler

ID# 78091 results:
Battle: 2+3 MISS

Disguise Cooldown: 5/12

[3]Jonathan 600/600 <> 32/60  
[1] Aereth 340/340 <> 28/34 -2+1

Giant Ant 308/350

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched as Aereth charged forward, speeding toward his target. He had to admit, for being such a low level, he definitely had some courage behind him. He knew, if the man ever wanted to be a DPS, he would create a wake of destruction. after getting his tanking skills finished, Jonathan himself would be moving into the damage department. "Switch Aereth!" The blond headed in. He pushed himself off the ground, slashing toward. His momentum with the heavy armor bringing his blade into the creature's bpdy. He spun, slashing in multiple directions all at once. Its health dropped a significant amount, leaving Aereth to come in and bring it down even further. About three or four more hits and it would be finished. "Switch Aereth!" He rolled out of the way, dodging the ant and making way for Aereth to come in and make a play for the team. 

Spoiler

78164 BD:8 MD:2

[4]Jonathan 600/600 <> 53/60  
[1] @Aereth 340/340 <> 28/34 -2+1

Giant Ant 259/350 [7*7=49 DMG]

Right now it was the complete other way than it was with the last few battles. Aereth missed left and right, with Jonathan doing a great job at dealing damage as well as keeping all the hate on him. Aereth heard the paladin yelling a switch command and he immediately sped in in order to take on the ant. He charged up a sword art, launched himself into the air, and tried to slash at the furious ant once more, in the hope to finally land a hit. Futile. The ant didn't even bother to dodge, since it was already cooking up a hit for Aereth. Noticing this in the last second, Aereth canceled his sword art and shifted his body mid air in order to avoid the heavy blow. He landed face first on the ground but fortunately didn't take any damage from this attack. "I should listen more to what Itzal is telling me the whole time..." Aereth thought, referring back to their first sparring session where Itzal told him that attacks where your feet don't touch the ground are very risky...

Spoiler

ID# 78176 results:
Battle: 2+3=5

Disguise Cooldown: 6/12

[4]Jonathan 600/600 <> 53/60  
[1] Aereth 340/340 <> 27/34 -2+1

Giant Ant 259/350

@Morgenstern

Jonathan was feeling great for this battle. He was doing great, and was really helping this time. Aereth on the other hand, was not doing so hot. He missed again, after he launched himself into the air. You could use aerial moves, but they were less likely to hit, and they must be controlled. Spinning could give you momentum, but it could also mean you could fly out of control. "Don't worry Aereth, I got it!" He sped forward, his blade furious with the hate from the ant. "Alrighty ant!" He made it to the ant and gave an uppercut. From there, he slashed and hacked at the creature's open chest. satisfied with his work, he turned, but was easily hurt by the crushing force of the creature's ram. 'Dang, that hurt a bit. I am perfectly fine though. I need Aereth to start hitting though. I can't do this alone. My luck will eventually begin to run out.' 

Spoiler

78181 BD:9 MD:10

Disguise Cooldown: 6/12

[4]Jonathan 600/600 <> 47/60  (111-92)-19 HP, +56 HP]
[1] @Aereth 340/340 <> 27/34 -2+1

Giant Ant 203/350 [8*7=56 DMG]

Jonathan was still holding back the ant as good as he could, and again landed a good hit on it. Aereth got up again and took a deep breath. He focused on his swords and rested it on his shoulder. Suddenly the sword started to glow again and Aereth sped towards the ant. "Switch!" he yelled as he got in range of an attack, and as soon as Jonathan would make the way free, Aereth released his sword art, which made him even faster than he already was.

This time there was no way the ant could evade that hit. With a diagonal slash, followed by a strong downward slash, Aereth took away a good amount of the ants health points. "Seems like I'm back in the game again." he thought while dodging the attack attempts of the ant. He focused some strength into his feet and launched himself away from the ant, in order for @Morgenstern to get the next hit in.

Spoiler

ID# 78182 results:

Battle: 5+3 HIT

Disguise Cooldown: 7/12

[4]Jonathan 600/600 <> 47/60  (111-92)-19 HP, +56 HP]
[2] @Aereth 340/340 <> 22/34 -6+1

Giant Ant 161/350 

He heard Aereth roar behind him for him to switch. He ducked out of the way just in time to miss being ran over by Aereth. The man struck his target several times before returning back far enough to not get hit. "Alrighty! I got it!" The ant bellowed as it head his voice. It spun around and rammed straight into him, causing to go and roll into the dirt. "Ouch" The ant still kept coming though. He rolled out of the way. He did not get a hit in before the ant steamrolled past. "Alrighty, it appears my luck is coming to cease. Keep hacking at it. I would like some loot man" He would rather get out of there, not get loot. He was tired of this day. Just getting this quest done was at the top of his to do list. It was not that he wanted to get away from Aereth, it was that he wanted to go ahead and get a few things done. He would enjoy the end of this training session though. He would at least level up a few good times. 

Spoiler

78186 BD:5 MD:9

[2] @Aereth 340/340 <> 22/34 -6+1

Giant Ant 161/350 

Seeing @Morgenstern getting hit again, signalized that it was his time again for another attack. The at was standing at about thirty percent of its healt and a couple more hits would ent it for good. Aereth once again took a deep breath and started to charge up a sword art. "Don't worry I got this." he answered to Jonathan and sped towards it with his max speed. 

The distance between them was closed in almost no time, and Aereth once again was in range for an attack on the stupid ant. He slashed at the right foot of the ant, successfully bringing it out of its balance, which resulted in the ant falling over. Meanwhile he sped past it and in a sharp circle in order to get back to it. Reaching it once again, Aereth jumped buried his sword deep into the chest of the ant, and the retreated back behind Jonathan, waiting fro him to take the next action.

Spoiler

ID# 78194 results:

Battle: 3+3 HIT

[3] Aereth 340/340 <> 17/34 -6+1

Giant Ant 119/350 

After the blond recovered, he noticed Aereth was attacking. He made a sharp circle around the ant and stabbed it straight through with his sword. A few more hits, and the creature would be finished. The blond sighed and charged forward, knowing he had it. The ant turned on him, looking angry once more. He dove over to the side and dodged the attack "Alright Aereth, I am not doing so hot anymore. I will keep trying but its almost futile. You are gonna have to do most of it yourself." The blond sighed and looked around, looking for a good vantage point for his next attack. He wanted to get at least one more hit on it before it died. Aereth would not be able to finish it fast enough if he did it all alone. "Alright Aereth, get it again. I know you got it." 

Spoiler
Spoiler

78216 BD:3 MD:5

[3] @Aereth 340/340 <> 17/34 -6+1

Giant Ant 119/350 

Aereth nodded once again at @Morgenstern as he mentioned how his luck with hitting the mob was now over, and that Aereth would need to do the main damage to the ant for now. The ant attacked once again, but this time fortunately missed the hit on Jonathan. It fell to the ground once again, and before it would attempt to get back up again, Aereth started to charge at it once more. With his sword in the left hand, he started to charge up a swrod art and dark blue light engulfed the blade of Aereth once again. They only needed to kill this one mob and with a little bit of luck they would get the last quest item and be able to go home afterwards. Aereth jumped, and rammed his sword deep into the exact same spot where he did damage just some moments ago. This time however, the blade dug in even deeper and the ant roared in pain. It seemed like Aereth landed a critical hit on the mob, and it didn't seem to be pleased about that fact. Aereth immediately treid to retreat, in order not to get hit by a counter attack from the ant...

Spoiler

ID# 78241 results:
Battle: 10 Critical HIT
Damage: (2+7)*6= 54 DMG

Disguise Cooldown: 9/12

[4]Jonathan 600/600 <> 47/60 
[5] Aereth 340/340 <> 12/34 -6+1

Giant Ant 65/350