PP-F11) Into the Hive (Hard RGQ- Aereth)

Aereth began to speak about him having torches if they needed to be over night. Jonathan looked up a the sun. He believed they would have a few hours left at the moment. Having his jacket on now, he could now find a lot more, which was a major advantage. He searched around througly, and decided to give it up in that area. It did not surprise him, they were not that far in, and he was not that good at finding things. He sighed and heard Aereth begin his training, and it seemed to be going pretty well. It did not surprise them, Itzal had always begin a good teacher, even though he just babied his first student. Well that is good, I just wanted to make sure there is improvement going on. Somehow Beat got a lot stronger than me recently. I believe he took a ton of quests or something, because he is much better than me now. I try to refrain from just tons of quests because I might need the SP later or such. Oh and by the way, there is nothing over here, I checked. We will looked for about ten minutes or so, and then we will go hunt something down. 

71595 LD:8+2=10

Edited by Morgenstern
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan was seemingly glad to hear that the training with Itzal and Birdie was going pretty well. He then also started to talk about Beat's improvements in the last time, and that his level and SP's went through the roof recently. It really seemed that he was pushing himself to the frontlines with all his might. Aereth smiled and answered. "He seems to have found the right motivation for the hardcore grinding and leveling. Right now I'm also trying to complete all the quests that I'm able to do in my short free time, in order to push my level a little bit higher, but as you can guess, I don't have many free time with my schedule. But that's OK though. As long as I'm able to learn something and to improve, I'm fine." Additionally to that, he also had a shop to run, wich also kept him on his heels.

As the two of them didn't find any materials in the near area, they decided to follow a small way in north direction. After a few moments, Aereth spotted some odd looking bushes at the side of the way. He immediately walked over and found four little mushrooms. Happily he stored them into his inventory. "I'm so glad I picked up my S&D skill and this loot ring. It helps so much while gathering materials." He said to his blonde friend.

Spoiler

ID# 71636 results:
Loot: 11+4=15

Materials: 1+4=5
Quest Items: 0+4=4

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched as Aereth searched for the bags. He expected the man to find some stuff because he had a searching ring. It allowed him to find stuff better, and overall he was a scout. In a few minutes the man had found something. It was a patch of mushrooms. The tank watched as he picked them, and as he did he revealed the four traveling packs. Jonathan grabbed them and said, We just need to find some ants an kill them before we go and turn this quest in. We shall be rewarded nicely. Especially since this is a hard rated quest. Jonathan smiled and decided to equip his armor to be ready to hunt another one of the dreaded ants. He sighed as he equipped his armor and returned his attention to Aereth. Hopefully we can get some action here, at the moment I am kind of bored. It was true. Jonathan was bored, he was more of a combat person and hated not fighting. He guessed he just enjoyed the thrill and lust. He was always told his father had a bloodlust and enjoyed hunting. Perhaps he was the same way?

-2 LD

+54 Mit

@Aereth

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan told Aereth that the needed to find some more ants before they could turn the quest in, and that the rewards of the quest should be very good. "Hopefully we can gain some levels from this quest. I could need the SP for my S&D skill." He mused to his blonde friend. "So how's your training going? Have you found anybody who would be willing to become a tank, so that you can teach him or her?" Aereth choose to do some small talk, while they were walking a path, that would lead them to the location of the ants. 

Some minutes into walking and talking, Aereth noticed a skeleton covered by long grass and bushes. Since he feared it would be a trap, he picked up a stone, and activated his throwing skill (OOC: no worries just for RP purposes). His hand started to glow and he released the skill which resulted in the stone flying at the skeleton. The stone hit the skeleton on it's head with a "Clang" and nothing happened. So Aereth made his way over to the skeleton and picked up the armor parts that were covering his body. "I guess this fellow won't need it anymore."

Aereth nodded at Jonathan's statement, and checked once again his battle equipment. He wouldn't need to change anything, since Jonathan would be there to tank for him.

Spoiler

ID# 71697 results:
Loot: 14+4

Materials: 5+4=9
Quest Items: 4

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan listened to Aereth who now spoke of his need for SP and that he hoped they could get quite a bit. I am quite sure we should get quite a few SP, and both of us will for sure level up. Especially you. He watched as Aereth chucked a rock and smashd a walking skeleton, then the scout went and harvested its remains. As he picked it up, he asked another question. Had he found any apprentices. No, not yet actually. We have found someone by the name of Khrysaor who is a tank, and we are most likely going to recruit him. He is probably around your level or a bit higher. You my friend have come a long way recently. Jonathan smiled to him and began to tread forward. Aereth had his equipment ready, and now they would need to go find a few more enemies. They were approaching the hives and should be seeing more ants, and larger ones. Jonathan was just about to say something to Aereth when two larger ants than the last, popped out of the ground, trying to bite into the players. They were probably at least double the size of the last, but probably much slower than the other. Aereth, these guys should be slower, but a bit more damage. They are protecting the boss room, or... what if they have a queen? Jonathan thought about that for a second, and was now wanting to get inside this nest even more. He looked at his opponents and <<Howled>> 

Spoiler

Jonathan 600/600 <60/60>

@Aereth 340/340 <34/34>

Giant Ant A 300/300- J 3, A 0

Giant Ant B 300/300 150 Damage - J 3, A 0

Jonathan told Aereth that they would most probably get a good amount of SP and Col for the quest, and that he had found a tank that was about Aereth's level which they would most probably recruit in the near future. "That's good to hear that you finally managed to find a tank. They are desperately needed.

As Jonathan mentioned how he had improved in the last couple of weeks, Aereth had to smile. "Thanks. I appreciate it. I'm working really hard to get stronger and to find new ways to improve my skills. I finally wanna get useful." Training from morning to evening, questing for the experience, Aereth really did everything in his might to get stronger with every day. "But I also have to thank you my friend. You helped me gather almost all of my combat experience in here. It awesome to work together with you."

After some time of walking they found another entrance to a hive, and two more bulky ants popped out from it, trying to attack the two friends. Jonathan instantly howled to gather their hate, and Aereth sped towards them, while unsheathing his blade. What Jonathan said was true. The ants indeed were much slower than the one they encountered before. So Aereth dodged a sloppy attack of the first ant and slashed at its unprotected side. As he retreated back to Jonathan he said. "They are indeed much slower. But they have the same weak point. The sides are unprotected."

Spoiler

ID# 71760 results:
Battle: 3+3
Damage: 7*3*2=42

Jonathan 600/600 <60/60>
@Aereth 340/340 <34/34>

Giant Ant A 300/300 -42 HP from Aereth's attack
Giant Ant B 300/300

Hate Count:
Giant Ant A: J 3, A 1
Giant Ant B: J 3, A 0

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched as Aereth sped towards the opponents, picking to strike the first enemy. Jonathan smiled at the man. They were not as strong armor wise, but there was still armor leaving the sides once more the target. Jonathan nodded to Aereth and moved to make an attack, the blond striking at the side of the creature Aereth had just hit. He slashed at the side but the creature turned, and hus weapon was deflected off. What in the world? Jonathan tried to back up but the second ant was already there preventing his escape. They began to wrap around Jonathan crushing him and his armor. Jonathan grunted but managed to finally wriggle free, even though he took some damage. Jonathan backed away, not dealing any damage which was okay. Aereth was doing great, Jonathan would just make sure to hit next time. Damn

Spoiler
Spoiler

71769 BD:1 MD:9

Jonathan 490/600 <59/60> HP: 620-(175-92)=83x2 166 +56=110 Dmg taken
@Aereth 340/340 <34/34>

Giant Ant A 258/300 PARALYZED 1/1
Giant Ant B 300/300 PARALYZED 1/1

Hate Count:
Giant Ant A: J 3, A 1

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan also started to attack one of the two ants, but unfortunately failed due to the ant turning its vulnerable side away. The blade deflected off, and the ants surrounded the tank paladin. Worried, Aereth sped towards the nearest ant with the sword rested on his shoulder to charge his strongest sword art. 

He reached the ant with his maximum speed and released the charged sword art. The combination of his momentum with the perfect timing of his sword art left big damage markers on the side of the and and sent it flying away a couple of meters. 

After that Jonathan was able to escape the the ant and created some distance between him and the other ant. Aereth could see that Jonathan had taken a massive amount of damage from this attack. He was still a little bit worried, but knew that his Battle Healing skill would kick in in some time to heal at least some damage again.

Spoiler

ID# 71772 results:
Battle: 10
Damage: (7+2)*3*2= 54 DMG

Jonathan 490/600 <59/60>
Aereth 340/340 <24/34>-6+1

Giant Ant A 204/300 PARALYZED 1/1, -55 HP from Aereth's attack
Giant Ant B 300/300 PARALYZED 1/1

Hate Count:
Giant Ant A: J 3, A 3

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan looked to his side, seeing that the reason he had managed to escape was the fact that Aereth had made a well placed hit on one of the ants. Jonathan nodded to the man. The man had picked up some hate, but if Jonathan made a hit now, it would not matter becuse they were paralyzed. They were not going to hit Aereth. Jonathan smiled faintly and charged forward sidestepping, and with a spin he struck the ant's side. It was a well placed hit, and Jonathan retreated as the ant began revive out of paralysis. They almost had it at half health which was good, what was bad was the fact it still had half health, and Jonathan was not going to be able to take another few of those hits that he had just taken. It had dealt massive damage. Aereth, we have got this, A few more hits my friend. This battle would have gone ten times faster if Jonathan had his tier two weapon, but Macradon took forever to make things. 

Spoiler

71786 BD:8 MD: Not rolled (Paralysis)

Jonathan 510/600 <59/60> +20HP
@Aereth 340/340 <24/34>-6+1

Giant Ant A 155/300 PARALYZED 0/1, -49

Giant Ant B 300/300 PARALYZED 0/1

Hate Count:
Giant Ant A: J 4, A 3

Edited by Morgenstern

Aereth saw Jonathan sprint towards the the already low health ant, and landing another solid hit on the enemy. Now they seemed to gain back their control over their bodies. The plan Aereth and Jonathan were following was very simple. Destroy one of the enemies so that the wouldn't have to fight two ants later when the would be low on energy. 

Aereth quickly followed Jonathan and landed also a hit exactly on the same spot where Jonathan slashed at the ant. This caused the health points of the ant to drop into the yellow. The ant only had about a third of its original health points left as the two guildmates finished their assaults.

Aereth nodded at Jonathan as he said how this one should go down in a few hits, and replied. "For sure, it only has about a third of its HP left. So let's demolish this one, and focus on the second."

Spoiler

ID# 71805 results:
Battle: 3+3
Damage: 7)*3*2= 42 DMG

Jonathan 490/600 <59/60>
Aereth 340/340 <19/34>-6+1

Giant Ant A 113/300 -42 HP from Aereth's attack
Giant Ant B 300/300

Hate Count:
Giant Ant A: J 4, A 4

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

OOC Rolled the dice eight different times today, only hit once

Jonathan spun around after his attack, seeing that Aereth had followed and hit in the exact same spot. Jonathan smiled. It appeared that they had managed well, attacking like a well oiled machine. :Let's finish off this sucker, If you are out of energy by then, take a few turns off and regain it so you will be there to finish the battle. My Accuracy sucks. Jonathan turned to his enemies and charged forward. He reached the area his enemy was in with a smile. He rose his weapon and brought it down, coming within inches of the creature. He leapt away before being damaged. Why is it, when you do not have an accuracy item, you will 90 percent of the time miss? I thought the system was supposed to help us. Jonathan growled and looked over to Aereth to see what he would do next.

71848 BD:3 MD:4

Jonathan 510/600 HP+20

@Aereth

Edited by Morgenstern

Foregoing action.

Jonathan was right. They indeed worked very well together. Attacking in combination, helping each other when one is in trouble. Just how it should be in a good working party. "Yes, after we finished this f*cking bug I'll rest for some turns to regain my energy." Just as Aereth finished this sentence, Jonathan charged once again at the already low on health being ant.

As he was about to release his sword art, the ant leaped away in the last moment in order to avoid the hit of the tank. "S*it. Now I have  to change my strategy. I could attack the second ant, but that wouldn't help much. So I'll have to wait until Jonathan picked up some more hate." He cursed inwardly.

"If you ask me, this battle system is complete garbage. By default you only hit 50% of the time? I mean come on, this system is random as f*ck." Aereth knew how f*cked up the system was. That was the reason why he bought an accuracy item as soon as he could after his first real combat experiance. "And still we bought the game and got stuck in here, with this stupid combat system..." He thought....

Spoiler

Jonathan 510/600 <59/60>
Aereth 340/340 <20/34>+1

Giant Ant A 113/300
Giant Ant B 300/300

Hate Count:

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan stood in front of Aereth,  shield  in front of him to protect. It appeared the bugs were split on deciding who to attack. Jonathan rolled away from Aereth and conjured up another << Howl >> The ants turned to him seemingly angry. They both charge simutaneously, smashing their bodies into the blond tank. Jonathan felt the breath leave his lungs upon impact. He smacked into a tree and groaned. He slowly moved up, using the tree to prop himself up. The two HAD to get one of the creatures dead. They were killing him, and draining his life faster than any other creature had done for him before. I am OKAY! Focus on getting another hit on the ant. If we don't kill it soon, we will have to turn tail. Jonathan closed his eyes and shook his head to clear his vision. He held out his curved weapon, which had not helped him much today. 

Spoiler

72032 BD:2 MD:10 Is getting really made at the dice >.>

Jonathan 350/600 <40/60> Health 510-(200-92=108x2=216 DMG taken +56= 350HP
Aereth 340/340 <20/34>+1

Giant Ant A 113/300 Paralyzed 1/1
Giant Ant B 300/300 Paralyzed 1/1

Hate Count:

Edited by Morgenstern

Aereth watched as Jonathan rolled away from him and howled ince again, in order to protect Aereth from the attacks of the two enemies at hand. Just as the blonde tank finnished to howl, the two ants immediately charged at him and crashed with full force into Aereth's friend. "Sh*t, I have to do something." He thought and immediately charged at the already low on health ant. "We need to destroy this one, so that Jonathan can breathe more freely."

Reaching the ant, he jumped, spinned himself around and sliced horizontally at the enemy. Making contact with the ground again, he crouched, repositioned his sword and jumped once agin, while performing an upward slash. "You're right, although I'd prefer to kill those things, since the loot will be awesome, seeing they are so tough to beat." He said to his tank freind as he reatreated.

Spoiler

ID# 72317 results:
Battle: 5+3
Damage: 7*3*2=42 DMG

Jonathan 350/600 <40/60>
Aereth 340/340 <15/34>+1-6

Giant Ant A 71/300 Paralyzed 1/1 -42HP from Aereth's attack

Hate Count:
Giant Ant A: J 7, A 5
Giant Ant B: J 7, A 0

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan shook the dizziness out of his head and noticed that Aereth had gotten the ants off him for a few short seconds. The last Ant was in red, indicating that Jonathan could not finish it, but make way for Aereth to finish it. The blond stepped forward, and then fell into a charge. He smashed into the ant with his shield and began to hack at its exposed underbelly. Admiring his work he pushed the ant back off of him and returned to Aereth's side. Good work Aereth. This thing is perfect for you to finish. You get the last hit and than restore some energy. I will deal with this thing. He readied himself to attack the other ant. If things got out of hand he might attack the other, but Jonathan had faith in Aereth. The man would kill this thing and get the loot for it. After these two were dead, Jonathan believed they should be done with the quest and Aereth and he might be able to just do some training. 

Spoiler

72322 BD:10

Jonathan 350/600 <40/60>
Aereth 340/340 <15/34>+1-6

Giant Ant A 8/300 Paralyzed 1/1 -63HP from Jonathan's attack

Hate Count:
Giant Ant A: J 10, A 5

Edited by Morgenstern

Nodding at Jonathan for getting the last hit to finish this enemy off, Aereth sped towards the almost dead ant. Just a little bit of health points separated Jonathan and Aereth from getting some good loot.

As he reached the ant, Aereth charged one of his weaker sword arts, and slashed, again, at the unprotected side of the massive ant. One second later the ant burst into tiny little polygons, and the loot got transferred to Jonathan’s and Aereth’s inventories. “One done, one more to go.” Aereth said calmly to himself. He then looked at Jonathans health points and exhaled. “Thank god, we only have to deal with just one ant anymore. Some more crits, and even Jonathan would have been in a tight spot.” He thought as he retreated swiftly back to Jonathan’s side.

Sorry for letting you take so much damage my friend.” He said to the blonde as he finally reached him.

Spoiler

ID# 72330 results:
Battle: 7+3
Damage: 7*3*1=21 DMG
Loot: 14+4 (+3 from Discovery Ring, +1 S&D Rank1)

Jonathan 350/600 <40/60>
Aereth 340/340 <13/34>+1-3

Giant Ant A 0/300 DEAD -21DMG from Aereth's attack

Hate Count:

Materials: 5
Quest Items: 4
Col: 750+300*5/2 = 1500 Col

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched as the scout apprentice charged forward, and with a few simple strikes the first ant was no longer a threat. As the creature shattered into data, Jonathan turned his attetnion to the last target. Now we have two down, leaving two to go until this quest is finished. After that Aereth and I will be raking in the skill points! Jonathan smiled at the idea and turned towards Aereth. Hey! You see to have enough energy to get one or two more hits in! Let's try to get the most damage possible into this thing! The tank charged, smashing his shield into the ant, causing it to move backwards. It did not give up an open position for attack though. Hmm.... I guess this just gives me a bit more chance to heal I guess. Hopefully Aereth can get about ninety more damage in. We both need to get tier two items. A Tier two sword for me would be great!

Spoiler

BD:1 MD:1

Jonathan 370/600 <40/60> +20HP 
Aereth 340/340 <13/34>+1-3

Giant Ant A 0/300 DEAD -21 from Aereth's attack

Hate Count:

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan recovered another bunch of his health points, and turned with a smile to Aereth, saying that he should get one or two more hits in on the ant before he should recover some of his energy points. “Yes, understood.” He answered.

Aereth looked at his energy bar. “Two hits. Two hits, followed by some recovering, and then I can get another hit on the ant with full damage. Hopefully this one isn’t as dodgy as the one before…” Aereth thought, and dashed at the ant, while Jonathan still aggroed the ant as good as he could.

Closing the distance from where the first ant died to the second living ant, in the blink of an eye, Aereth released another barrage of hits on the bulky body of the ant, focusing mainly on the unprotected sides again. And Jonathan was indeed right. They both would appreciate the power of tier two weapons, although Aereth would have to wait a couple of levels until he could use them effectively.

Spoiler

ID# 72420 results:
Battle: 9
Damage: (7+1)*3*2= 48 DMG

Jonathan 370/600 <40/60> +20HP 
Aereth 340/340 <8/34>+1-6

Giant Ant B 252/300 Paralyzed 1/1 -48HP form Aereth's attack

Hate Count:
Giant Ant B: J 7, A 1

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched with wonder as Aereth blazed forward striking the ant multiple times. The creature took a large amount of damage, and the scout apprentice retreated a bit from there. The ant doubled over and shrieked. Then it moved to its dead friends carcass and began to eat it. What in the? The ant began to grow bigger and stronger. Aereth.... I don't think that is good. Jonathan noticed that the creature grew bigger, meaning it was easier to hit, better at hitting, and probably a ton more damage. Jonathan slashed at the creature, bringing down a bit more of its health. The Ant barely nudged and rammed him backwards about ten yards. Ouch.... Jonathan got back up and held up his weapon. This just got a lot more serious. We need to get this thing dead and quite quickly. It does quite a bit more damage. Jonathan backed away raising up his shield to protect him a bit. He needed to reduce the amount of damage he was taking. The tank would be reaching the yellow zone quite soon. 

Spoiler

72437 BD:4+3=7 MD:6

Jonathan 318/600 <40/60> 370-(200-92=108+56=52 DMG Taken)
Aereth 340/340 <8/34>+1-6

Giant Ant B 203/300 Paralyzed 1/1 -49HP form Jonathan's attack

Hate Count:
Giant Ant B: J 8, A 1

Giant Ant B- 200 DMG -3 EVA

Giant Ant ability discovered

Spoiler

Abilities

Cannibalism

Upon the death of a comarad, Giant Ant feasts on its carcass and growns much bigger. It gains 50 more damage but loses 3 evasion

Edited by Morgenstern

Aereth gulped as he saw as the giant ant turned into a cannibalistic giant ant. It just ate its dead comrades body. “This most definitely means nothing good.” He answered his friend.

Then Jonathan started to attack the giant ant with a slash and dealt another good amount of damage to the remaining enemy. Unfortunately, the and seemed to not even care the slightest about the damage Jonathan had inflicted to it just mere seconds ago. It rammed Jonathan backwards a couple of yards.

Aereth immediately choose to take the opening and dashed at the enemy in front of him. It didn’t even notice him at all, because it was mainly focused on Jonathan due to the huge amount of hate he had gathered in this battle. Aereth’s blade began to glow in a dark blue and he slashed at the right side of the ant multiple times, dodged a hit by rolling to the other side of the ant, and also slashed at the left unprotected side of the ant. The ant was stuck in post motion delay from its powerful attack and Aereth could retreat back to Jonathan unharmed. “If that thing hit me, I’d be dead after two hits…

Spoiler

ID# 72443 results:

Battle: 5+6
Damage: 7*2*3=42DMG

Jonathan 318/600 <40/60>
Aereth 340/340 <3/34>+1-6

Giant Ant B 164/300 Paralyzed 1/1 -42HP form Aereth's attack

Hate Count:
Giant Ant B: J 8, A 1

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth